[Sakura] Alola Ninetales, Emissary of Ice

GtwLL0L.jpg

Alola Ninetales, Emissary of Ice

Level 6 | WATER | Fairy | Effect

2000/2500

You can only use the ① effect of this card's name once per turn. ① If you control no monsters, you can Special Summon this card from your hand. ② Once per turn: You can target 1 monster your opponent controls; until the end of their next turn, that monster cannot attack or be used as material for a Summon.

[spoiler=You know what this is by now]

Yes, this is a Pokemon themed card, but it's perfectly fine for this section assuming that it is designed with the gamestate in mind, which I did.

First effect is based off of Ninetales's speed in-game, so yeah, it's a free 20/25 body if you need to start plays. Obvious hard OPT to make sure this doesn't come off as replacing CyDra or ripping off Blackwings with speed summoning.

Second effect is supposed to be Freeze-Dry and/or basing off its dex entries. Idea is for you to lock the opponent in place for a turn, so they can't ED ladder or strike. Then again, the opponent still has the capacity to trigger effects if they want to, or use it as Tribute bait for Rituals and stuff, so...True Kings probably don't care because they got their own backrow to Tribute instead.

Thematically, it works because Frozen status really doesn't let you do anything.

====

As much as I'd like to make this card able to handle the aforementioned situations (Tributing the monster, and triggering effects), that won't be good design if I add those on solely to deal with stuff like Drancia (can TCG ban this or put it @1?) and/or other Tribute heavy Decks.

(Unlike last time, I'll see how this goes as-is, and if it's needed, I'll let it shut off effect triggering too or make other necessary changes.)

====

Then again, I may have some concerns about whether or not the freeze effect needs a hard OPT, or it can get away with what it has now.

IMG Credit:

http://scontent.cdninstagram.com/t51.2885-15/e35/14547645_1595533547409785_4294191152459939840_n.jpg?ig_cache_key=MTM1MDQ4MzI3MTQyNzIyMDIyOQ%3D%3D.2

(This is technically a cropped version of one made on dA; I do not claim credit for the artwork.)

=====

You guys know what to do at this point.

Reps given for reviews done properly under the Advanced Clause.

Bumping this (though I usually don't do this for single threads).

As I mentioned above, I will give reps to those of you who review properly (and have done so in previous threads). There's a reason why I kept the other stuff in spoiler tags; you can ignore whatever I wrote in there and review it from what you see on your own. 

Archived