Crawlers & Starrelics [CIBR]

CIBR-Crawler-Stagrail.png?ssl=1

Note: The Crawlers are near illegible and we’re needing to squint hard. We may need to correct effects down the line due to th sheer shoddiness of the text

[spoiler= Effects]

Crawler Spine
Level 2 EARTH Insect-Type Flip Effect Monster
ATK 300
DEF 2100

You can only use each of this card name’s effects once per turn.
(1) FLIP: You can target 1 monster on the field; destroy it.
(2) If this face-up card leaves the field by an opponent’s card effect: You can Special Summon 2 “Crawler” monsters with different names from your Deck in face-down Defense Position, except “Crawler Spine”.

Crawler Axon
Level 2 EARTH Insect-Type Flip Effect Monster
ATK 500
DEF 1800

(1) FLIP: You can target 1 Spell/Trap Card on the field; destroy it.
(2) If this face-up card leaves the field by an opponent’s card effect: You can Special Summon 2 “Crawler” monsters with different names from your Deck in face-down Defense Position, except “Crawler Axon”.

Crawler Dendrite
Level 2 EARTH insect-Type Flip Effect Monster
ATK 1300
DEF 600

(1) FLIP: You can send 1 monster from your Deck to the GY.
(2) If this face-up card leaves the field by an opponent’s card effect: You can Special Summon 2 “Crawler” monsters with different names from your Deck in face-down Defense Position, except “Crawler Dendrite”.

Seiibutsu – “Seigai” / Starrelic – “Stararmor”
Level 7 DARK Machine-Type Effect Monster
ATK 2500
DEF 2500

(1) When a monster is Flip Summoned: You can Special Summon this card from your hand.
(2) If this card is Normal or Special Summoned: You can add 1 “Starrelic” card from your Deck to your hand.
(3) During either player’s turn, if this card was Normal Summoned: You can target 1 face-up monster your opponent controls that was Special Summoned from the Extra Deck; return both that card and this card to the hand.

Excrawler Synapses
Earth Insect / Link / Effect
Link 2 1800 / L R

2 Insect monsters

(1) “Crawler” monsters at this card’s Link Point cannot be destroyed by battle, gains 300 ATK and DEF, and can make up to 2 attacks on opponent’s monsters during each Battle Phase.
(2) If this face-up card leaves the field by an opponent’s card effect, or if it is destroyed by battle: You can target 2 “Crawler” monsters with different names in your GY; Special Summon them in face-down Defense Position.

Excrawler Neurogos
Earth Insect / Link / Effect
Link 2 1900 / L R

2 Insect monsters

(1) “Crawler” monsters at this card’s Link Point cannot be destroyed by battle, gains 300 ATK and DEF, and any battle damage they inflict to your opponent is doubled.
(2) If this face-up card leaves the field by an opponent’s card effect, or if it is destroyed by battle: You can target 2 “Crawler” monsters with different names in your GY; Special Summon them in face-down Defense Position.

Seiibutsu ni Sasukage / Shadows Creeping on Starrelic
Field Spell Card

(1) “Crawler” monsters on the field gains 300 ATK and DEF.
(2) Once per turn: You can Special Summon 1 Level 2 or lower Insect monster from your hand in face-up or face-down Defense Postion.
(3) When a Flip Monster you control is destroyed by battle with an opponent’s monster: You can send that opponent’s monster to the GY.

Seiibutsu no Kairai / Starrelic’s Puppet
Continuous Trap Card

You can only use 1 of this card name’s effects per turn, and only once that turn.
(1) You can target face-down monster you control; change it to face-up Attack or Defense Position.
(2) You can shuffle 1 “Crawler” monster from your GY into the Deck, then target 1 face-up monster you control; change it to face-down Defense Position.

so its confirm that Crawlers being a Level 2 or lower Earth Insect that revolve around Swarming for building Extra Link while somewhat incorporating Facedown//Flip effect to self limit its potentially crazy float effect but also to harass your opponent attempt to stopping the laddering. I personally surprised that the archetype has its own Starrelics...so the proper way to play Stargrails is by going Zefra route? which kinda weird since they suppose to be enemies...but i can see that as the plot goes stargrails may attempt calming these native wildlife anger rather than straight-up eradicate it 
just like Qualiark they have interesting designs. and we find out naming scheme is based on parts that compose a nerve cells//networks which really cool

I'm definitely getting a "Subterror-lite" theme from the Deck.
The Field Spell can definitely allow them to swarm, and their Typing opens them up to some support that can really get them to be a threat, but I'm not sure how useful Stararmor is in the archetype just yet. I guess I'd have to see them played first before making a judgment call.

On the other hand, the two L-R Links are pretty good, as they can easily turn each other into a 2100 and a 2200 that can each attack monsters twice with doubled battle damage, and their Field Spell just boosts them even more, with Qualiark also providing buffs.

With both Qualiark and Shadows on the field, that's 600 ATK and DEF. But like I said, they seem to rely more on the opponent blowing them up with card effects than swarming themselves.

It's a full on Insect Archetype, huzzah *party horns* Okay, I quite like these, by protecting them from battle, their other effects are going to be much more of a thing, their Field is quite amazing for speed, they aren't Subterror levels, but not something like Ghostrick either, though they are good enough. The idea of using Stargrail and Starrelic cards, and they aren't Crawlers is interesting, seems like an odd mixed playstyle, you probably want to do that since the field is so good and the trap is also quite useful, but seems like an odd mix, but we'll see.

Dendrite is the one that confuses me the most (among the actual Crawler stuff) as it doesn't do anything for the Deck.

I'm kinda surprised they got their own field spell and even more surprised that it's name has to do with its enemies (who can't even benefit from the field spell). The lore behind it all intrigues me.

Anyways, the Starrelic COULD be played in the Deck, but I don't see it being too big of a benefit right now. Terraforming easily gets to the field spell and if it SS's itself off its own effect, it can't use its self-bounce effect. It's a big body, but Crawlers themselves have the potential to get huge on their own. Though, admittedly, being able to search the Trap is pretty important.

Totally wanna put Man-eater bug in this deck XD

EDIT: it doesn't actually mention Stargrails at all in any of these, huh. Only the Starrelics. That.. might be an important distinction. I didn't notice that before.

Dendrite is the one that confuses me the most (among the actual Crawler stuff) as it doesn't do anything for the Deck.

I'm kinda surprised they got their own field spell and even more surprised that it's name has to do with its enemies (who can't even benefit from the field spell). The lore behind it all intrigues me.

Anyways, the Starrelic COULD be played in the Deck, but I don't see it being too big of a benefit right now. Terraforming easily gets to the field spell and if it SS's itself off its own effect, it can't use its self-bounce effect. It's a big body, but Crawlers themselves have the potential to get huge on their own. Though, admittedly, being able to search the Trap is pretty important.

Totally wanna put Man-eater bug in this deck XD

EDIT: it doesn't actually mention Stargrails at all in any of these, huh. Only the Starrelics. That.. might be an important distinction. I didn't notice that before.

Actually it works with Starrelic’s Puppet, and is probably suppose to work with Starrelic - Stargrail as well, since the Graveyard effect is able to search a Starrellic card, so that way you can get the Field and Trap. Huh, maybe they do know what they are doing after all.

Actually it works with Starrelic’s Puppet, and is probably suppose to work with Starrelic - Stargrail as well, since the Graveyard effect is able to search a Starrellic card, so that way you can get the Field and Trap. Huh, maybe they do know what they are doing after all.

Ah, true.

I can't believe I only just noticed that the Trap can flip stuff up generically. That could possibly be useful as (searchable) extra copies of Final Battle/Sinister Shadow Games for Subterrors/Shaddolls. Actually Dendrite + Puppet could be a good addition for Shaddolls.

o.O Crawlers are Flips? Yet another surprise for me. And they are named after stuff related to the nervous system, huh.

Their float effects relying on opponent's effect removal seems kind of cumbersome but at least they are somewhat rewarding with the x2 monster Sets. The Flips effects are generic too, but they may be do the trick.

IDK if Dentrite outclasses Dust Knight now: they both have milling Flip effects and are EARTH, Dust is limited to milling EARTHs but gets Warrior and Level4 support, while Dentrite can mill anything.

That Trap is intriguing: it gets Starrelic support, but it actually supports Crawlers; it's as if hinted or encouraged players to cross Starrelics, or Stargrails, with Crawlers but... I don't really see it working; I may be missing the big picture, though.

Hold on... it appears that Starrelics will support both Stargrails and Crawlers separately; quite clever concept IMO.

I like Staramor a lot: It's a Machine, the artwork is funny since it's pretty much a gauntlet, the stun effect is just as amusing, and it has a build-in self-Summon effect to get around its high Level. I wonder if it can teched effectively in Stargrails to give Aurum extra ATK.

OK so is it just me, or are these total garbage?

Assuming these translations are accurate, they only float if they get killed by an opponent's card effect while face-up. That seems horrible already because you're relying on your opponent removing them with card effects and not just attacking over them. On top of that, they have to be face-up, so if you have them set so you get their effects off, you get nothing if your opponent pops it. I guess you can use the trap to flip them up in response to a card effect, but that just seems cute and not actually good.

They do look neat, though. And Stararmor could be a good card.

Seriously tho Kaiji u can't summon mah bby Reso and use Worm B8 in the same turn. They clash, but yeah you would probably use both

a -1 version of worm bait and worm bait are basically mutually exclusive because you're not going to be devoting more than 2-3 slots to "if you have a monster get 2 weenies"

even then worm bait probably a meme

Actually most see the floating in a wrong way, it is not something you rely on, it is your insurance your opponent has to run into the battle effects, considering the trap even allows to fip face-down ones to allow them to float. All I am unsure about is, if spine + puppet (as a pseudo drident) suffices to slow down the opponent enough. Though I admit they definitely require more cards to be in any way legit. EDIT: This confirms starrelics are not the relics of the stargrails, however part of an old civilization or in another way part of the world, which is a home to both crawlers and stargrails (and maybe even a third party).

Personally prefer Multiplication of Ants tbh because lockout of 3s and 4s honestly dumb af, worse than the minus, minus gets cuter meems anyways and you should only be playing them for meem regardless

To whoever said Crawlers seem like ass above me, don't worry, I currently feel like same way

However did not notice Trap is generic, thanks to whoever noted that above me

The FLIP effects are honestly just really bad and the floating only procable if opp is bad or if your opp has no choice but to do so for w/e reason

Like legit rather just play them face-up most of the time to use as material rather than try to get their FLIP effs off

Also, Dendrite can dump Level Eater so that's cool

Personally prefer Multiplication of Ants tbh because lockout of 3s and 4s honestly dumb af, worse than the minus, minus gets cuter meems anyways and you should only be playing them for meem regardless

To whoever said Crawlers seem like ass above me, don't worry, I currently feel like same way [...]

1.) They appear to focus on lv 2s, gofu is level 5 (I admit Gadget is lv4, though whatever) and links, so they should not care about the restriction. 2.) At the very least they are less slow than altergeists are right now ... which is not saying a lot. 3.) As for their floating ... it pretty much means unaffected by effects, while face-up.

1.) They appear to focus on lv 2s, gofu is level 5 (I admit Gadget is lv4, though whatever) and links, so they should not care about the restriction. 2.) At the very least they are more playable than altergeists are right now. 3.) As for their floating ... it pretty much means unaffected by effects, while face-up.

not shuffle into deck effects

Archived