Promarker illustrations

dragobonita

I just didn't have time to do any traditional art recently, not to mention I was not using my promarkers for quite a while already... So I decided it is a purrfect opportunity to do something with them. XD

First went some warm up illu, cause I was scared I completely forgot how to use them haha. </3

I will fix the links later on, cause imgur just cannot process anything right now, I had to use some other platform. :<

[spoiler=Anorexic mouse girl] Obrazek_2017-06-14%2020.03.02.jpg

[spoiler=Actual Illustration] Obrazek_2017-06-14%2020.03.15.jpg

About the girl, I went through entire planning process lol. Icons of different poses, designing details, preparing different colour schemes... Tiresome thing haha. TTwTT

First one is distractingly skinny, especially on the legs, so I guess she's loyal to the title of her drawing. 

Second one is amazing. You have a lot of talent. If I had to nitpick, I'd add a little more contrast to her boots to make her front leg pop a little more on top of the other. It is not bad, but the rest of the drawing is so good at conveying depth that that little section looks a little flatter.

and yeah, I've had that too a couple of times in the past few days when I try to edit a reply/comment I made and fail to be able to edit it.

It starts off by having the post appear as if it had the BB code mode on and none of the editing option buttons (font, size, color, etc). 

One of them was replying to a specific member in particular. The other time is my club's OP. It might have been completely random since the latter got fixed by now, and no report was made or anything....

I see what you mean when it comes to legs: I used one prime layer as light blue to add more colour relevancy to the boots, then covered it with dark grey. On a second thought I could have done it the other way around, this way its "base" values would be lighter than they are now, making the shade complimentary to the other elements. XD well what is done is done, I just need to learn from the mistake. :D

And yeah, with the legs I wanted to contrast stick-like thighs with puffy, exaggerated kneesocks.

Thank you for your opinion! ^w^

Woah, these look amazing!
On the colored drawing, I'm not sure if it's safe to place the foot between the 2 spear prongs like the girl does, especially if she plans to pierce something, potentially getting her foot stuck; but that's just a nitpick xD
I like a lot the design of the weapon on the last drawing: attaching a chain to it to handle it better, huh; it's the first time I see a scythe like that so I find it really clever. I can't tell if it's guy or a girl, by the way; was that the intention?

For the girl I thought the same, but the foot was supposed to be used as an additional force to pierce a really stubborn, thick skin~ a bit like you'd use a foot with a shovel. XD

And the second one is a guy, thicker eyebrows, no visibly thinner waist. Thin shoulders are a result of right one going up with an arm and left one being hidden behind his chest, following the elbow. :3 And the long hair... Welp, I like my boys to have nice, extremaly impractical hairstyles. <3

Last thing about the weapon, I just never really liked how there is a limited control of long swings, something scythes are usually used to. Adding one leverage near the blade can really make difference with angle, speed and strength wasted on the attack. Last one especially: some parts of the blade were cut out to make it ever so slightly easier to handle, reducing the weight and making blade itself holdable.

Huff, so much writing lol XDDD just a bit of explanation~~

For the girl I thought the same, but the foot was supposed to be used as an additional force to pierce a really stubborn, thick skin~ a bit like you'd use a foot with a shovel. XD

And the second one is a guy, thicker eyebrows, no visibly thinner waist. Thin shoulders are a result of right one going up with an arm and left one being hidden behind his chest, following the elbow. :3 And the long hair... Welp, I like my boys to have nice, extremaly impractical hairstyles. <3

Last thing about the weapon, I just never really liked how there is a limited control of long swings, something scythes are usually used to. Adding one leverage near the blade can really make difference with angle, speed and strength wasted on the attack. Last one especially: some parts of the blade were cut out to make it ever so slightly easier to handle, reducing the weight and making blade itself holdable.

Huff, so much writing lol XDDD just a bit of explanation~~

- Then, she should have the foot over the protruding tip to push it, not below it :v

- In my defense, I thought it could have been a tough girl with that clothing that looked like a strap making her appear flat xD

- Thanks for the explanation on the weapon. I'm no expert on weapon physics, but I can picture how the design makes it easier for the wielder to handle it. I guess long swings work on overly strong wielders who can use the weapon with a single hand, but that doesn't seem to be the case for this user here.

Haha true, I cannot deny it. XD

And I did not consider that one, although after a closer inspection I think the face looks rather feminine... I didn't have the chance to show the shape of the face, especially the chin, that would make it easier to distinguish. <3

Thanks for the opinions, I really like when people point out mistakes, even the smallest ones. XDDD makes me know what to improve. :3

Archived