Why don't you delete dead sections?

KatnissGod

Question

5 answers to this question

All the dead ones, Debates, Graphic Requests. And especially on Debates, the majority of the posts are locked, making them useless

Because, active or not, they still are there and serve a purpose other subforums don't serve. There are actually a fair few hidden subforums as I recall, and Debates used to be hidden before it got brought back. We can't flat-out delete subforums as far as I know, but hiding them is definitely not something without precedent. Plus, we can repurpose old subforums for new tasks if it comes down to it.

Well which sections do you mean?

Anyway you said it already some might revive it.

Plus there are not all too many sections that actually have NOTHING there so it'd be wrong to just delete a section for those few posting there.

And it's not as though they are causing any harm being there.

Well which sections do you mean?

Anyway you said it already some might revive it.

Plus there are not all too many sections that actually have NOTHING there so it'd be wrong to just delete a section for those few posting there.

And it's not as though they are causing any harm being there.

All the dead ones, Debates, Graphic Requests. And especially on Debates, the majority of the posts are locked, making them useless

Because, active or not, they still are there and serve a purpose other subforums don't serve. There are actually a fair few hidden subforums as I recall, and Debates used to be hidden before it got brought back. We can't flat-out delete subforums as far as I know, but hiding them is definitely not something without precedent. Plus, we can repurpose old subforums for new tasks if it comes down to it.

All I needed to hear

You'd have to ask evilfusion or Flame to delete forums; regular mods cannot. Most we can do is decommission old forums and repurpose them. 

Then again, some people have asked why the Tutorials subforum in here still exists; most of the posts in there are archived so I can't move them in here without having to unarchive 77 pages worth of stuff manually.

(Only forums that are technically hidden right now is the Card Trade area, which I did use for Easter this year.)

====

To be fair, Debates actually got a new forum made for it. Original one got deleted sometime between the end of my first run here (before I went on hiatus) and sometime before I returned; idk. 

It's inactive now due to Winter being banned for the next 4 months and the other major poster leaving for good. Most of the time, it was using Winter bumping election threads for random stuff about Trump and whatnot (there's still crap going on about the outcome, but yeah). 

Archived