Hunter Archetype- Need Help with Goal [Written]-Link-

Perry Ellis.

Hello all, here is my Hunter Archetype. I need a little help focusing in on the end game of the archetype and overall just rating to figure out what Hunters want to do. so if you have an idea on what i should change or add please comment!

Hunter’s Best-Friend

3* Dark

Beast/ Effect

If you control a face-up “Hunter” monster except “Hunter’s Best-Friend”, you can special summon this card from your hand in face-up ATK position. Once per turn, during either player’s turn, if a “Hunter” Trap card was activated, Target 1 Set Spell/Trap on your opponent’s field, destroy it.

800/900

Hunter In-Training

3* Dark

Warrior/ Effect

When this card is Summoned, add 1 “Hunter” Trap from your Deck to your hand. Once per turn, you can destroy 1 face-up Trap, then Special Summon 1 level 6 “Hunter” monster from your Deck, during the End Phase that this effect was activated, destroy the both the monster Special Summoned and this card.

1400/ 1500

Quiet Hunter

6* Dark

Warrior/ Effect

If you control a face-up “Hunter” monster, you can Tribute Summon this card from your hand in addition to your Normal Summon/ Set. Once per turn, you can discard a card, then add 1 “Hunter” card from your GY to your Hand. If this card is Special Summoned: You can target 1 face-up card your opponent controls; while this card is face-up, that card’s effects are negated.

2400/2500

Patient Hunter

If you control a face-up “Hunter” monster, you can Tribute Summon this card from your hand in addition to your Normal Summon/ Set. If this card is Special Summoned: You can target 1 Monster Card Zone on your opponent’s field; neither player can use the selected zone. You cannot select a zone that is occupied by a Monster Card. During your End Phase, you can add 1 Banished “Hunter” Trap card to your GY.

2300/2400

Game Warden

Link 3 Dark

Markers: DL, D, DR,

Warrior/ Link/ Effect

2+ “Hunter” monsters

This card’s name is also treated a “Hunter” monster. Trap Effects cannot target monsters attached to this card’s Link Points. Once per turn during either player’s turn, when a “Hunter” Card Effect is activated, destroy cards on the field equal to then number of monsters attached to this card’s Link Points. When this card is destroyed, Special Summon 2 Level 3 or lower “Hunter” monsters from your GY.

Hunting Ground

Field Spell

While this card is face-up, the activation of trap cards cannot be negated. While there is a face-up “Hunter” monster on your field, you can activate “Hunter” Trap cards from your hand. Once per turn, you can discard 1 Trap, then draw 2 cards.

Hunter’s Bait

Quick Play Spell

Pay 1000 Lp, Special Summon 2 Level 3 “Hunter” monsters from your deck. During the End Phase that this card was activated, Banish those monster even if the left the field.

Hunter’s Steel Cage

Continuous Trap

While this card is face-up on the field, your opponent cannot declare an attack. Destroy this card during your third End Phase after activation. Except during the turn this card was sent to the GY, when a “Hunter” monster is attacked, you can Banish this card from the GY, then negate the attack.

Hunter’s Trap Hole

Trap

When your opponent Special Summons a monsters with 1500 ATK or more, destroy that monster. The destroyed monster cannot activate effects from the GY until your opponent’s next turn. Except during the turn this card was sent to the GY, While you have a “Hunter” monster on the field and your opponent Special Summons a monster, you can Banish this card from the GY, destroy that monster.

Hunter’s Snipe Shot

Trap

Target 1 card in your opponent’s Hand, destroy it. Turn. Except during the turn this card was sent to the GY, while you have a “Hunter” monster on the field, you can equip this card to a “Hunter” monster. When a monster equipped with this card destroys a monster by Battle, you can send 1 card from your opponent’s hand to the top of their deck.

Hunter’s Bear Trap

Trap

Target 1 monster on your opponent’s field; negate its effects until the End Phase. Except during the turn this card was sent to the GY, while you have a “Hunter” monster on the field, target 1 monster on your opponent’s field, it looses 1000 ATK until the End Phase

What level type and attribute is patient hunter?

Also. Why does Hunter's trap hole blow up your hunter monsters? Or does it destroy the summoned monster? The way the card is written is unclear.

I guess the biggest problem is the fact that you don't have enough normal summonable monsters. This normally isn't a problem if you can get them out of the deck easily. But these monster aren't easy to get out of the deck. (give me an example of a good archetype that needs monsters on the field but only has 2 easy to get out monsters to prove me wrong. But like this, they look unplayable simply because they don't have enough level-4 or lower monsters.) (Including Hunter's bait you essentially have 9 copies at most of normallable monsters, which is less than zoodiacs have acces to any of their cards.

Also, they deffinitely look like a disruption deck. But they don't have a clear win con. Which might be problematic. (seriously, think about it. How would they win? The deck mainly focuses on not losing.)

Going over them card by card:

Hunter's Best Friend

Good Spell/Trap popping which works with the deck. Maybe make it optional. Nice Special Summoning condition. Overal good card.

Hunter in Training

The searching effect is fine, but at the cost of destroying a Trap it's really not worth having both of them destroyed. I'd say let it just destroy the level-6 or more fun but less logical. Destroy just this card. Even though in the current state you're just going to make Game Warden anyway.

Quiet Hunter

Fine

Patient Hunter

Again, fine.

Game Warden

Blatantly OP. Recycles itself when it dies. 3 realy good link spots. (non towards your opponent 3 towards you is blatantly OP). Can pop up to 3 per turn. Please nerf his Link spots (so maybe DR, L, U).

Hunting Ground

The entire effect was fine until "Once per turn you can discard 1 "Hunter" Trap Card to draw 2 cards". That basicly means "Once per turn, go plus 1" seeing as Hunter Trap Cards aren't even that bad in the grave and you'll probably draw into another one. Making it "Once per turn you can discard 1 "Hunter" (Trap) card; draw 1 card" would make it not OP but still usable.

Hunter's Bait

to summarise the effect "pay 1000, make either a Rank-3 or Game Warden" Zoodiac would abuse the living hell out of this. Burning Abyss would abuse the hell out of this. X-Sabers would abuse the hell out of this. Any deck that wants Rank-3's would abuse the hell out of this. So please. Nerf it. Make it Special out 1 "Hunter" (If you do, the pay 1000 isn't necesary anymore) or make it hunter specific so other decks can't abuse it. Or both.

Hunter's Steel Cage

Swords of Revealing Light and Negate Attack in one but a little slower. Perfect for a deck like this.

Hunter's Trap Hole

I already explained my problems with this one. But other than that. It's fine.

Hunter's Snipe Shot

It's an inheret neutral, if it's second effect succeeds it's a plus one. Within the limits of the archetype it's fine I think.

Hunter's Bear Trap

A worse Breakthrough Skill... Buff it please.

Archived