Bucket List

Fusion X. Denver

Do you have stuff you want to do at some point in your life before you die? It can range from huge ambitious dreams to smaller stuff you haven't gotten around to yet.

My current list:

-Go skydiving

-Visit all 50 states in the US

-Travel to 30 countries (more if I can, currently been to 5-America, Canada, Switzerland, France, Ecuador)

-See Japan, went too deep into the weeb rabbit hole to NOT visit

-Ride what're considered to be the best roller coasters in the world

-Visit Disney Land

-Learn to draw

-Write a book (maybe)

Almost all of mine involve travel, I guess my main goal in life is to see the world!

I want to publish a book. I'm currently working on one with someone, they'll get the credit, not me, but if it publishes, it'll be good enough for me.

Aside from that, I guess I do have a slight interest in travelling. If I ever get the chance, I would like to visit some different counties, but I've got no hard goals on that one, that's more of a wish list thing I guess...

[Removed to comply with International Censorship Laws]

eww, although, I'd like to have a gf someday too ●︿●

• Play a game for 1000 hours+

almost 3 years of time... has anyone actually done this before?

For me:

~ I'd like to finish and code some video games ideas that I've had

~ Meet up with some good friends from elementary/middle/high school that I lost contact with

~ Relearn French, since I like the language

~ Draw something amazing (I can draw a little but not impressive)

~ Write a book, like fusion

1. Top 8 a GP or SCG Open.

2. Be a librarian.

3. Finish and publish my poetry book.

4. Stop dating witches and wickens (I dated 3 people in a row who practice magic[k])

5. Join an Irish Dance show

6. Learn how to brew coffee properly.

7. Learn to play the violin.

8. Eat a Stellanator (A food challenge seven tier burger at this great burger place).

9. Go on a date with Thom. (It is happening this summer, I promise you that.)

10. Get a PhD in English Literature.

Really? Wow, you're a magical magnet then.

It was so weird. It has been a roller coaster, too. All like gothic, alternative looking girls. They all turned out to be witches (or wicken for proper terms, too). It was dope learning about it and sheet, but things got weird. One girl had a pocket alter on her at all times.

I have a number of things I wanna do.

• Participate in a Yu-gi-oh! Nationals and/or Worlds Championship
  • Do a "East Coast-To-West Coast and back" trip
  • See Yellowstone (preferably before it goes boom)
  • Go visit places across the Atlantic (been to Canada and vacationed in the Caribbean but that's the extent of my international travel).
  • See a Solar Eclipse (which will likely be crossed off this August)
  • Go to a Super Bowl game (don't care who's playing, but would love to see GB in it.)

almost 3 years of time... has anyone actually done this before?

You'd have to only play 55 minutes every day to make 1000 hours last 3 years. And yes, I have played over 1000 hours on Dragon Quest IX, and I still am a while off completing it. That's only counting my main cartridge too (which I lost, but had 1000+ hours on before I lost it). I have a backup one I bought for a friend who then went off the game and I was making new characters to import into my main's inn.

As for my bucket list, I have two. One is very long and requires immortality to be invented before I die. The other one, that doesn't require that, has one item on it so far, decided this very morning.

• Find a greylag goose egg whose parents are dead or otherwise unable to care for it, and be there when it hatches and have the gosling imprint on me. I will then raise it as my child.

Obviously I want this because I love greylag geese and I wouldn't steal an egg. That would be harmful and wrong.

You'd have to only play 55 minutes every day to make 1000 hours last 3 years. And yes, I have played over 1000 hours on Dragon Quest IX, and I still am a while off completing it. That's only counting my main cartridge too (which I lost, but had 1000+ hours on before I lost it). I have a backup one I bought for a friend who then went off the game and I was making new characters to import into my main's inn.

I just realized it was in hours not days. oops.

I think the most time I've ever spent on a game was on minecraft, but never kept track, so I don't know how close I'm to the 1000 hour mark. 

Though the most I have recorded on a game clock is  300something hours into Final Fantasy Tactics Advanced, I've definitely put at least ten times that much into Adventure Quest Worlds. The grind quests in that game were insane.

As for a bucket list, I don't have one. I don't want anything. 

I find that incredibly hard to believe. Everyone wants something, even for a split second. If you're content in life, you're bored with it and seek to change it. If you're comfortable, you're looking for something to break that comfort. Maybe not now, maybe not in 5 months, but you will seek something to change the routine of life.

Lot of aspiring authors here, that's pretty neat.

Play a game for 1000 hours+

I think I've collectively played over 1000 hours on Pokémon, but not for a single game. I can easily say Sapphire and LeafGreen took up half that time though, and I clocked over 200 on Y.

My friend's probably almost at 1500-2000 hours on Skyrim, insane how much time he's sinked into that.

4. Stop dating witches and wickens (I dated 3 people in a row who practice magic[k])

5. Join an Irish Dance show

Where uh...where'd you go to meet them?

I wouldn't mind seeing a witch for a bit.

And Irish Dance does look pretty fun, I could try following along terribly if I have enough beers.

I have one thing I wanna do that I will never accomplish:

• Have Morgan Freeman personally tell me a story.
Don't let your dreams be dreams! If he's at an event that's not unreasonable to fly to, go after him!

Go to a Super Bowl game (don't care who's playing, but would love to see GB in it.)

My dad was bent on getting tickets for this year's, but the rest of the family was busy and I was starting my new job literally the next day. Shame too because that would have been epic as hell seeing that game live as a Pats fan.

I'll edit that into mine too, I haven't even been to a regular NFL game yet.

Where uh...where'd you go to meet them?

I wouldn't mind seeing a witch for a bit.

And Irish Dance does look pretty fun, I could try following along terribly if I have enough beers.

I met them 2 of them on Campus. I met another one at a coffee shop.

That is the best kind. I haven't tried dancing when I was drunk, I should do it. It sounds like a blast.

I find that incredibly hard to believe. Everyone wants something, even for a split second. If you're content in life, you're bored with it and seek to change it. If you're comfortable, you're looking for something to break that comfort. Maybe not now, maybe not in 5 months, but you will seek something to change the routine of life.

There's a difference between something that you just "want to do" and something that you feel is worthy of being put on your bucket list. Like sure, I'd love to top a regionals, or have the side I'm supporting in an election win, but it's not something that I refuse to die because of. If Polaris doesn't have a bucket list, then that's fair enough, there's no obligation.

Most of my bucket list is full of things I can't post here >.>;

Though I do wanna git gud at art and probably try telling stories with lil' mangas instead of just sitting down and writing everything. I feel like I could best tell stories that way, since I think more in pictures than words. The only other thing that's really on my bucket list is to achieve immortality somehow - maybe by downloading my consciousness onto a supercomputer whenever we get that technology (at the rate we're making new breakthroughs, it just might happen in our lifetime) - but the goal of immortality kinda defeats the purpose of a bucket list doesn't it?

Oh and - as with all weebs - I wanna go to Japan at some point in my life.

You're probably right, I suppose I'm just not sure what I want for now and nothing really comes to mind. I feel I've had a decent run and am fairly happy as things are. If I were to die in the near future of some freak accident or natural cause I wouldn't be upset about it, not that I'd want to do that either. :S

Archived