High Lord of Blades

theTUN

3i5UhAW.jpg

3 level 4 monsters
While this card is face-up on the field, all face-up monsters inflict piercing damage. Once per turn, you may detach one Xyz material from this card, to target one monster your opponent controls. It is changed to face-up defense position. When this card has no Xyz material, it is changed to face-up defense position, and it cannot change its battle position.

This card is designed around it's central theme well. However, there are some problems, mainly based around it's ATK value.

Because it's ATK is so high, you are forced to have drawbacks. No other Rank 4 3 Mat XYZ monster has 3000 ATK, with the closest being Gagagigo the Risen, a 2950/2800 vanilla. So, this means cutbacks, and you have 3 major ones:

• Protection

Outside of 3k ATK, this card has no protection to speak of. Not necessarily a necessity, lots of them don't, but for one that's whole theme is throwing itself into battle may need to have some form of Battle Damage reduction, or not being able to change it's battle position.

• All monsters get piercing

This means the Opponent's monsters get piercing too. This double edged sword means neither of you will be in defence mode UNLESS it is face down for some old-school shenanigans, or because you know it'll survive battle. This includes your field as well, meaning that one of your monsters get put into defence mode (which can happen by card effect, such as the third drawback) you get chunked hard.

• Switching itself into defence mode

This final drawback really stunts the performance and usability of this card. You only get two uses of its ability before the risk outweighs the reward. You need to chunk the opponent with those two attacks, or clear the path for an OTK, or all you have done is some superficial damage. It relies on you having this out when they don't have a board state to fall back on.

There are some minor OCG errors too, but I'm not fully confident in my ability to fix those.

Here are the tweaks I would suggest:

• Lower the ATK to the mid 2000's, that way you can change the first effect to "you control" than "all monsters".

• Raise the DEF now you've lowered the ATK, so if you want to keep the final effect (which would be thematic, in all honesty), so that it won't be as much of a blow to your LP.

• Maybe make it so that this card can't change battle positions except by it's own effect.

I know this sounds like a harsh review, but that's because I think this card is really cool. It just needs some tweaks is all. I hope this helped!

This card is designed around it's central theme well. However, there are some problems, mainly based around it's ATK value.

Because it's ATK is so high, you are forced to have drawbacks. No other Rank 4 3 Mat XYZ monster has 3000 ATK, with the closest being Gagagigo the Risen, a 2950/2800 vanilla. So, this means cutbacks, and you have 3 major ones:

• Protection

Outside of 3k ATK, this card has no protection to speak of. Not necessarily a necessity, lots of them don't, but for one that's whole theme is throwing itself into battle may need to have some form of Battle Damage reduction, or not being able to change it's battle position.

• All monsters get piercing

This means the Opponent's monsters get piercing too. This double edged sword means neither of you will be in defence mode UNLESS it is face down for some old-school shenanigans, or because you know it'll survive battle. This includes your field as well, meaning that one of your monsters get put into defence mode (which can happen by card effect, such as the third drawback) you get chunked hard.

• Switching itself into defence mode

This final drawback really stunts the performance and usability of this card. You only get two uses of its ability before the risk outweighs the reward. You need to chunk the opponent with those two attacks, or clear the path for an OTK, or all you have done is some superficial damage. It relies on you having this out when they don't have a board state to fall back on.

There are some minor OCG errors too, but I'm not fully confident in my ability to fix those.

Here are the tweaks I would suggest:

• Lower the ATK to the mid 2000's, that way you can change the first effect to "you control" than "all monsters".

• Raise the DEF now you've lowered the ATK, so if you want to keep the final effect (which would be thematic, in all honesty), so that it won't be as much of a blow to your LP.

• Maybe make it so that this card can't change battle positions except by it's own effect.

I know this sounds like a harsh review, but that's because I think this card is really cool. It just needs some tweaks is all. I hope this helped!

This isn't too harsh at all, it's all really good feedback, and I'll see if I can't implement some of the fixes you suggested.

Highlord of Blades

EARTH Rank 4 Warrior/Xyz/Effect 3000/1000

3 Level 4 monsters

All monsters inflict piercing battle damage. Once per turn, you can detach 1 Xyz Material from this card: Target 1 monster your opponent controls; switch it to face-up Defense Position. If this card has no Xyz Materials, switch it to Defense Position.

An attempt at an OCG fix from a guy who hasn't played in ages. I omit the changing position bit only because I'm not sure how it'd read in todays age of text.

I like the card. Piercing is my jam and it's fun that it even gives it to your opponent's monsters, like it's causing a bloodlust among them with its presence.

Archived