Alien Support Xyz

theTUN

I've always been really fond of the Alien archetype, but they suffer from an unfortunate lack of decent monster support that really holds them back from being truly playable. So, I decided to make an Xyz monster to support them, that goes along with the theme of spreading A-counters and controlling monsters with A-counters on them.

CWtFdcm.jpg

2 or more level 3 LIGHT Reptile-type monsters
When this card is Xyz summoned, distribute A-counters on your opponent's monsters equal to the amount of Xyz materials on this card. When an opponent's monster with A-counters is destroyed, place those A-counters on this card instead. Once per turn, you may remove one Xyz material from this card, to distribute the A-counters on this card onto face-up monsters your opponent controls. When this card destroys an opponent's monster with an A-counter by battle, attach it to this card as an Xyz material.

2 or more Level 3 LIGHT Reptile monster (-type is no longer needed)

...basically leaving us with the and only Alien Dog. im gonna pretend that you forgot that Alien is not an LIGHT attributed Archetype or just confused between another alien themed archetype Worms. Aliens  actually having the entire spectrum of Attribute's rainbow. and apparently any non-archetypal LIGHT Level 3 Reptile is either straight up deck-clogging garbage. so i don't see this card able to generate more than 2 counters from its summon effect given the earlier recipe if not nearly impossible to summon in the first place

the other effects is kinda ok though it can juggle your counter so you not gonna lose any despite you decimate opponent card advantage. it has a good battle effect that backed with nice amount of stat

2 or more Level 3 LIGHT Reptile monster (-type is no longer needed)

...basically leaving us with the and only Alien Dog. im gonna pretend that you forgot that Alien is not an LIGHT attributed Archetype or just confused between another alien themed archetype Worms. Aliens  actually having the entire spectrum of Attribute's rainbow. and apparently any non-archetypal LIGHT Level 3 Reptile is either straight up deck-clogging garbage. so i don't see this card able to generate more than 2 counters from its summon effect given the earlier recipe if not nearly impossible to summon in the first place

the other effects is kinda ok though it can juggle your counter so you not gonna lose any despite you decimate opponent card advantage. it has a good battle effect that backed with nice amount of stat

Ah, you're right about that, I did get them mixed up with Worms. I went ahead and fixed that, so it's any level 3 Aliens.

Ah, you're right about that, I did get them mixed up with Worms. I went ahead and fixed that, so it's any level 3 Aliens.

That being said though, only Level 3 Aliens that exist are literally Dog and Mars. You'd have a much better chance of making this if it were a Rank 4, but yeah, don't think they can spam enough Level 4s to really make full use of its distribution effect.

Outside of the on-summon effect, rest of it is fine; at least taking into consideration what Aliens are capable of right now. Best part of the card is forcing the opponent's monster to be Xyz Material if it had an A-Counter (well, fits its name). Also stats are fine.

====

So yeah, you should probably make this a Rank 4, so it can come out easier in the Deck. Whether/not you want to buff its stats accordingly is up to you.

That being said though, only Level 3 Aliens that exist are literally Dog and Mars. You'd have a much better chance of making this if it were a Rank 4, but yeah, don't think they can spam enough Level 4s to really make full use of its distribution effect.

Outside of the on-summon effect, rest of it is fine; at least taking into consideration what Aliens are capable of right now. Best part of the card is forcing the opponent's monster to be Xyz Material if it had an A-Counter (well, fits its name). Also stats are fine.

====

So yeah, you should probably make this a Rank 4, so it can come out easier in the Deck. Whether/not you want to buff its stats accordingly is up to you.

True, but Alien Dog is one of the only monsters the deck has, or, actually, the only one in general, with a built-in Special Summon effect, so I thought it might be better off as a Rank 3.

That's true, though you're still relying on it (and any other copies) to go into this. Probably would help if Aliens actually got more Level 3s (or even other cards to speed up their Special Summons). I'm not sure how often Alien decks run Mars (if ever; effect is good though), but yeah; not seeing you go higher than the minimum requirements in getting this out.

So you're really stuck with two problems: Rely on Dog to make this a Rank 3, or make it a 4 with more viable members but on the slow end of being summoned in the first place.

(In this case, Dog probably should've been a 4 to let them Xyz better, but oh well.)

how about just turning it to generic Rank 4? personally i think waiting on Dog to Summon Mars is jumping on to many hoops. being rank 4 can benefit Kagetokage-Feral combo for whatever its worth (most Alien also Level 4) and you don't have to worry about this card tech-ed outside Alien deck since all of its effect require interaction with Alien playstyle only

• 4 weeks later...

Archived