[MtG] [HOU] Hour of Devastation Spoilers - Week 1

I actually really like those Torment cards. Hailfire is probably my favorite, although I acknowledge it's not THAT amazing (that art, though). Just the idea of using it as a mana sink that just devastates your opponent's resources and/or life is delightfully cruel, especially in a limited format.

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

And two more before I go to bed.

AhiOVoi.pngEHF8WUn.png

Does eternalize make Fugitive Wizard playable? At six mana, probably not. But the naga is interesting. I wonder why they decided to tack discarding a card onto the eternalize cost.

Also, the green eternalize bear from yesterday (well, technically today) is Resilient Khenra.

Too bad Griselbrand's cmc screws up the pattern.

This is the second time him being an 8 drop has caused pattern issues.

And two more before I go to bed.

AhiOVoi.pngEHF8WUn.png

Does eternalize make Fugitive Wizard playable? At six mana, probably not. But the naga is interesting. I wonder why they decided to tack discarding a card onto the eternalize cost.

Also, the green eternalize bear from yesterday (well, technically today) is Resilient Khenra.

My friend pointed out the combo with the Naga's discard is that most eternalize has been 6 mana so far. So you bring this back at 5 and then whatever you discard on 6.

The 1/1 looks terrible though. Like the 1/1 is just NOT a card and 6 mana for a 4/4 is bad.

This is the second time him being an 8 drop has caused pattern issues.

My friend pointed out the combo with the Naga's discard is that most eternalize has been 6 mana so far. So you bring this back at 5 and then whatever you discard on 6.

The 1/1 looks terrible though. Like the 1/1 is just NOT a card and 6 mana for a 4/4 is bad.

It's fine if you really need another playable in limited. Having some kind of recursion makes it not competely terrible.

Archived