Okay since the lights are taken down I am suddenly reminded that our logo is a tad bit boring. I was thinking perhaps we could open something up for people to try and make a new one.
Granted I could find it boring because I have seen it so much.

But I think it could be fun to see what people could create for a fresh new logo.

It would give us an excuse to actually use the Graphics Competition forum (and Showcase) in general. So yeah, would be nice. 

(I think Armz made some potential ones before whatever happened to him, but will need to look for that thread)

qnkLFSU.gif

I'll leave the MyBB logo if you guys want to know what it looks like. Chances are that you guys want something newer.

I'll make note that if you guys do make new logos make sure that they're all renders so you don't have the solid blue background just there on the black ones of the other themes.

The blue is there because of the way animated gifs work.

If there is still blue now on YCM2/2edgy, I believe I have a png render of the logo on my hard drive.

The blue is there because of the way animated gifs work.

If there is still blue now on YCM2/2edgy, I believe I have a png render of the logo on my hard drive.

Naw it's transparent background with the regular logo; it's all good.

That said, I'm totally in favor of a contest for the new logo, especially if we can get seasonal logos going. Imagine the christmas lights logo except without the minor clipping and the presence of the blue background interfering with YCM2/2edgy. How great would it be to have something like that during the winter season? Even if we can't get seasonal logos, I'm in full support for a new logo. The one we have is pretty unexciting. If and when we start taking submissions for new logos, I'm looking forward to seeing what y'all have in store :)

remember when i gave you christmas lights when Santafusion couldn't

remember how wonderfully shoddy they were

remember when I led Santafusion with my nose so bright to fixing the banner last year

you all ruined this

you did this

legit tho new banner pls the 2edgy version looks worse with the plain logo than the shoddy christmas lights

remember when i gave you christmas lights when Santafusion couldn't

remember how wonderfully shoddy they were

remember when I led Santafusion with my nose so bright to fixing the banner last year

you all ruined this

you did this

legit tho new banner pls the 2edgy version looks worse with the plain logo than the shoddy christmas lights

...YOU look worse than the- *shot*

...seriously, why was I going to use that retort?

...YOU look worse than the- *shot*

...seriously, why was I going to use that retort?

Because you're me and I spam the ur mom joke.

Anyway, as to the seasonal thing. Would that be like doing a contest for a seasonal logo every time (say, a month in advance) or a singular contest?

Because you're me and I spam the ur mom joke.

Anyway, as to the seasonal thing. Would that be like doing a contest for a seasonal logo every time (say, a month in advance) or a singular contest?

Probably would be every couple months or something.

In addition to having a Christmas themed logo, another idea would be to make one for Easter and Halloween [since those aren't country dependent]. I know for the former that I volunteered to make one, time permitting (can try to do one for 2018 if I'm still here and coursework isn't biting my ass off). For Halloween, you guys can start planning it now before the event starts. 

(Unless you also want ones that are spring/summer/fall-based instead)

===

Though, would you guys like to cycle through them each year (whoever wins get their logo as the official one for that period) or just one overall? 

No seasonal logos.  No one--outside of maybe Sakura--is going to be willing to put up with the member base's bullshit about how "well the wrong seasonal logo is up!  Summer ended twenty-seven minutes ago!"  Not to mention ya'll know damn well you ain't gonna wanna change it b.  One logo that the board likes.  Otherwise you'll be getting funking reports because the wrong logo is up during the wrong time of year.  You really wanna see that bullshit in ModeratorCP?

tbh, a custom banner was something I wanted last Halloween, to complement FLOWEY CARD MAKER, but wasn't feasible.

Given the size and widespread appeal of the event, I think a generic customized banner doesn't really fit, u less the organizer of the year relinquishes it.

May get a little too wild changing each year, but eh.

Cycling through logos that win contests sounds like an awesome idea. It would give the Showcase peeps a bit more impact on the site too, since last I heard they just kinda all sit in Showcase all the time and it's even more isolated than RP (which is pretty funking isolated). CC and TCG are the site's lifeblood (maybe?) since the former correlates to the site's selling point, and the latter discusses the game we all got here for. RP people get to really go to town with their RPing during events like the Halloween Masquerade or other special events. General and Misc (and also C&O) are one big ol' hub for everyone to hang out. What really does Showcase get to do on that kind of level y'know?

If full mods can get logo permissions, I'd even swap the logos out when the time comes (once I'm out of juniorland of course). sheet, I could even run the contests for the seasonal logos if it all comes down to it. I'm totally in favor of something like this, and don't mind putting in a bit of work to make it happen. Even if it comes down to just a default and Halloween and Christmas variants, full support. Annual contests should still be a thing though, for the holiday variants if nothing else.

You'd have to ask evilfusion for permissions. Think he only gave Aix permission to modify the themes and other stuff in terms of regular mods getting access to themes and other internal functions.

Then again, only Showcase vets who still exist nowadays are Night, Dae, Catman and I guess Tormey if he still produces content. (I technically still make GFX, but more on an inactive basis due to interest / other commitments; reminder to self: Do that member card request in my shop).

But anything to make Night's section more active would be nice. Last time it got anything was SoTW and the period of spriting.

====

No seasonal logos.  No one--outside of maybe Sakura--is going to be willing to put up with the member base's bullshit about how "well the wrong seasonal logo is up!  Summer ended twenty-seven minutes ago!"  Not to mention ya'll know damn well you ain't gonna wanna change it b.  One logo that the board likes.  Otherwise you'll be getting funking reports because the wrong logo is up during the wrong time of year.  You really wanna see that bullshit in ModeratorCP?

There's a limit to how long I'll put up with complaints about that, so yeah. If we make a new logo, it'll be one that wins through majority (or most votes). Holiday themed ones are fine.

But to be serious, reporting the logo for being out of season is NOT what the report queue is supposed to be for. 

====

I did post the older YCM logo a few posts up; how many of you want that as an option, or something completely new?

If we're serious about this, I would like to point out that there was a contest for the logo that we have now and it seems like YCMaker paid for it to get done. Maybe, I am not sure about that part. But there could be copyright behind the logo.

https://en.99designs.fr/logo-design/contests/yugioh-card-maker-logo-33988

Which you have to pay to host a contest, proceeds going to the ones involved, winner getting the most. You probably discuss it with them afterwards for copyright and can discuss to have them edit it. This was done around the time of the board switch.

If we're serious about this, I would like to point out that there was a contest for the logo that we have now and it seems like YCMaker paid for it to get done. Maybe, I am not sure about that part. But there could be copyright behind the logo.

https://en.99designs.fr/logo-design/contests/yugioh-card-maker-logo-33988

Which you have to pay to host a contest, proceeds going to the ones involved, winner getting the most. You probably discuss it with them afterwards for copyright and can discuss to have them edit it. This was done around the time of the board switch.

Assuming we can get ahold of YCMaker (and/or the person who made the current logo in the first place), we can try to talk to them about the possibility of letting members design a new logo (if it is permissible to do so) or get a definitive answer about what we can do with this one if it is copyrighted.

No guarantees though, since we know how inactive YCMaker is in general, and unsure about the person whose design was chosen. Reminder that we've been getting on YCMaker's case for the past year or so for core site fixes, but no reply out of him.

====

From the submissions there, I personally liked the 5Ds themed one, but yeah.

Wouldn't hurt to at least have you guys draft your own takes on them in the meanwhile; least to see what you can come up with.

Archived