[Finished]Season 16 Leaderboard Postseason Tournament

(something about this being two months later than it should've been...)

But yeah, welcome to the Season 16 Leaderboard Postseason. Here, the top competitors from the season will go against each other to determine who ultimately is the Season 16 champion.

[spoiler=Rules]
1. All standard rules apply; including general YCM, 1v1 rules and that of the Leaderboard. 

2. I will post the matches for each round in the 1v1 section.

3. Top 8 in regular season may enter. (You should've received a PM if you were in here)

If a spot is not taken, then it is opened up for anybody. Priority will be given to those who actually competed in Leaderboard this season, after which it will be on a first-come basis.

(If you were not in the top 8 or Leaderboard in general, you may still post here to reserve a spot.)

4. Deadline for entry is June 21st, 2017 at 7 pm HST, though I reserve the right to close entries if the top 8 confirm their participation or the spots are filled up.

5. This will be a double elimination tournament, meaning you need to lose twice to be eliminated from the tournament.

6. Cards for each round are due 2 days after the card requirements are posted, and must be PM'd to me. I will grant extensions if you will be busy with coursework, academia, actual job, no internet, etc, but only once per round.

(If you need to have another member give me your entry, that's acceptable. Just have them notify me about this.)

7. The winners of each round get a rep/like from the loser (or by me). 

8. The brackets shall be done through Challonge and seeding done by regular season standing.

9. I reserve the right to add more rules as needed, but I don't foresee it at this time.

[spoiler=Card Requirements]
Will be announced when the rounds are up.

R1:

R2 / L1:

R3 / L2:

L3:

Final:

[spoiler=Prizes]
1st: 10,000 points, 3 Reps
2nd: 7,500 points, 2 Reps
3rd: 5,000 points, 1 Rep

[spoiler=Contestants]

Names bolded have confirmed

1. AEZ
  2. Batmed 
  3. Belle
  4. Dragon Sage 
  5. (parenthesis)
  6. IRS
  7. BDS
  8. Dova

Others

1. tba

[spoiler=Bracket]
TBA

http://challonge.com/ycmseason16postseason

Alright. here's the link to the brackets and stuff. AEZ/Batmed get a bye this round, so they can do whatever for the next couple days.

====

Round 1 will be to make a Thunder-Type Xyz Monster. (Note that Konami only made Lightning Chidori to fill this role, so now it's your turn to make something to keep it company).

Outside of it needing to be a Thunder-Type, I leave the rest up to you in terms of design.

Entries need to be in by 6/24/2017 @ 10 pm HST (GMT -10:00). If you need an extension, please let me know over PM or Discord (if you guys are on there).

Alright, I updated the tournament bracket. In a perfect world, I could run the loser brackets concurrently with the standard Round 2 stuff, but since two slots weren't filled, yeah.

Round 2-1: AEZ vs Dragon Sage

Round 2-2: Dova vs BatMed

IRS faces whoever loses in 2-1, either you get a rematch with Dragon Sage or AEZ; which is the case remains to be determined.

.Belle has same deal; rematch Dova if he loses to BatMed or you get him instead.

====

While this technically isn't official until July 21st in TCG, might as well do this one because by the time Season 17 starts, you'll have them.

Round 2: Make a Link 2 or higher WIND Link Monster

Deadline is 6/30/2017 @ 6:15 pm HST (GMT -10:00; again, I don't have DST.)

Outside of the requirement of it needing to be WIND and Link 2 or higher, you have free reign over what to do with this. Archetypal/series stuff, generic, etc.

Alright, I updated the tournament bracket. In a perfect world, I could run the loser brackets concurrently with the standard Round 2 stuff, but since two slots weren't filled, yeah.

Round 2-1: AEZ vs Dragon Sage

Round 2-2: Dova vs BatMed

IRS faces whoever loses in 2-1, either you get a rematch with Dragon Sage or AEZ; which is the case remains to be determined.

.Belle has same deal; rematch Dova if he loses to BatMed or you get him instead.

====

While this technically isn't official until July 21st in TCG, might as well do this one because by the time Season 17 starts, you'll have them.

Round 2: Make a Link 2 or higher WIND Link Monster

Deadline is 6/30/2017 @ 6:15 pm HST (GMT -10:00; again, I don't have DST.)

Outside of the requirement of it needing to be WIND and Link 2 or higher, you have free reign over what to do with this. Archetypal/series stuff, generic, etc.

The bracket says otherwise though. Loser of 3 (2-1) meets Belle, 4 (2-2) meets IRS

Well, I didn't get a card from BatMed, nor any extension requests, so Dova gets a win by default there. AEZ asked for an extension, so him vs Sage should happen around Sunday at latest.

For participants, it is your responsibility to keep tabs on this thread. I won't send PM reminders for the matches.

Round 2 theme expired on Friday @ 6:15 pm my time (you guys have 2 days from the time I post the theme to submit something, unless you require an extension). That being said, AEZ does have another 9 hours to get something in, or else you win by default.

(You and Dova already submitted something, so you two are fine. If the above situation happens and you get a forfeit win, then semifinals will just have you two compete with the cards you already made.)

====

Loser bracket period will start once the extension period AEZ requested expires (or sometime afterwards). As I noted above, would've been nice to run the L1 matches concurrently, but since this tournament didn't have 8 competitors, the seeding got messed up and we have to do it after round 2 matches finish.

(Belle already sent something in due to problems, but the rest of the members in the loser bracket will have until July 4th at the specified time to get in their stuff)

Round 2 theme expired on Friday @ 6:15 pm my time (you guys have 2 days from the time I post the theme to submit something, unless you require an extension). That being said, AEZ does have another 9 hours to get something in, or else you win by default.

(You and Dova already submitted something, so you two are fine. If the above situation happens and you get a forfeit win, then semifinals will just have you two compete with the cards you already made.)

====

Loser bracket period will start once the extension period AEZ requested expires (or sometime afterwards). As I noted above, would've been nice to run the L1 matches concurrently, but since this tournament didn't have 8 competitors, the seeding got messed up and we have to do it after round 2 matches finish.

(Belle already sent something in due to problems, but the rest of the members in the loser bracket will have until July 4th at the specified time to get in their stuff)

I thought I did send something in? If I didn't that's my b and I'll do that again but I swore I sent something in

It isn't sent unless you get a message saying it was sent. If it doesn't show up in the recent messages, it hasn't been sent.

Sakura, if you can send PMs without issue, you could just send AEZ a PM wherein they can give the card. Responding always seems to work.

My PM system is working, so if it was sent, would show up in my inbox. (I check it everytime I come on).

But if it doesn't, I'll send him one and he can just submit it there.

(If his is broken, will need to be noted as another YCM bug)

Think it's connected to the editor problem personally, but it seems to come and go. I used to have that problem too, and I know Forest Fire has it.

Well, at this point, semis will consist of AEZ vs Dova (both of whom I can go ping on Discord if I have to). You two have some time to rest. (I would've liked someone else to have voted in this tournament instead of requiring me to tiebreak, but...)

As for the loser bracket:

• BatMed vs IRS
  • Belle vs Sage

Theme is the same one used for this round, so Link 2+ WIND monster. You have until July 6th @ 9 pm HST to get something in.

Please let me know if you require an extension (either here or via PM); same if you need to drop for whatever reason. As I've said before, no PM reminders will be given so it's up to you to be checking this for themes. 

Well, the time limit is up (and only IRS and Belle have submitted anything). So yeah, BatMed and Sage get an automatic loss as neither asked for extension.

I know one of them asked not to make them do it again, but as I mentioned earlier on, those of you who get creamed in round 2 will have to do the theme again (so it was important that you design it well enough to only need to go once). Granted, it is a pain, yes, but you can use what you've learned to succeed next time. (Also gets you more practice in designing Links, though whether or not Leaderboard itself runs on a dual format come Season 17 remains to be seen.)

====

Normally round L2 would use the theme that AEZ and Dova will be doing for their semifinal match [which I have yet to decide], but since IRS/Belle haven't actually used their competition cards for this round, I'll have them compete with those for this round.

I'll let Dova/AEZ know what their theme is once this match ends.

I had to tiebreak the L2 match, but yeah, now to get on with finishing this tournament. 

For round 3, Dova and AEZ will need to recreate one of the match winner promo cards to be legal in the actual game. You will be constrained to keeping the name and general stats, but effects are up to your design. 

(If you can't get images, then written cards are permissible. I don't know if there's artwork for the newer match winners on Wikia; know there's some TF5/6 ones for 5Ds and earlier.)

====

You have until July 14th, 2017 @ 10:00 pm HST. 

As usual, let me know if you require an extension.

Archived