[Finished]Season 16 Leaderboard Postseason Tournament

Okay, seriously? Getting 2 Card C votes should be treated as what it is. Neither contestant managed to make a card satisfying what a 1on1 should be about. That is not the same as getting a tied score. Neither should be deserving of going to the final. 

Not just from this perspective, but imagine what a practical nightmare a 3-way finale with two people from the loser's bout would be. In theory, you could be forced to make three matches just for this. 

Actually, it's only AEZ's vote that counted; NOT mine (and I voted A). I only said I'll give my two cents on the card, but my vote would not be factored. If I broke the tie, then it'd just be a rematch between Dova and AEZ.

You know full well how dead 1v1 is, and if I were to make even more tiebreaking matches, we'd be here until the end of next month with me having to break them all.

====

That being said, we were going to try out a 3P match in 1v1s eventually as it was considered at a time, but never went through. If all of you really want this to be a regular final, then my vote in there counts and A gets the victory there. (I should have already said this).

I'll let you guys know what the final call is. 

1v1 inactivity has been an issue for the past couple seasons, and this certainly is no exception. I do wish that the section was more lively that we don't end up with 1-0 votes all the time. (I don't mind tiebreaking, but yeah.)

At least you voted in this match, so thanks. 

====

I do not intend on having this Postseason last any longer than it needs to be, since Season 17 needs to begin soon and this should've been done a few months ago (least the season should've). Maybe things would've been different if we had a full roster instead of having to do repeat matches for certain ones due to the seeding and/or members showing up, but at this point, it's too late to go back. 

If the 3P works, then it can be considered for future seasons of Leaderboard. How things will work out then will be announced in-thread (winner gets chosen, and if ties exist, how will 2nd/3rd be decided.)

If I choose to run it on the standard track, Belle gets 3rd place automatically and you/Dova fight it out for the championship.

===

It's already unorthodox at this point, but unless you want this to last several weeks longer than necessary, things have to be done.

In this instance, I'm just going to go with the plan I had already mentioned and that's to let the final be a 3-way.

It will also test whether/not this will be permitted in Season 17 and beyond. 

If there are any ties, this is how things will go (and do involve rematches between those two members):

• If there is a tie for 1st place (as in 2 members get an equal non-zero number of votes), the other member with lesser votes gets auto 3rd.
  • If there is a tie for 2nd place (we have one member who has a votes and other two have none and/or an equal non-zero number), one with the most votes gets the championship, and other two go a runoff match to determine 2nd. 

(Either that, or I just grade them myself as if this were a standard contest [because it sort of amounts to a small one in a way]. Depending on time, I may do another match or just grade them individually on the spot.)

If members get votes and the scores are different for each, then placing will be determined as normal. 

=====

Anyway...

Final round theme is thus:

Design a new "Mecha Phantom Beast" monster

(http://yugioh.wikia.com/wiki/Mecha_Phantom_Beast)

You are permitted to design any form of monster you wish for the Deck, including Fusion/Synchro/Xyz/Links. 

Naming for the ED is a portmanteau of an airplane name (either model / nickname) and an animal (regular members are just standard animals; ED go for mythicals).

You can find a list of airplane names / mythical animals on Wikipedia. You are permitted to use the name of an airplane already used by an existing member if another one is not available.

Deadline: 7/30/2017 @ 8 pm HST

(If you require an extension and/or have some questions, please PM me as soon as possible.)

• 2 weeks later...

Prizes for the top 3 have been awarded, and I'm concluding the tournament.

I will admit that things did not go how I would've liked them to (and took much longer to handle), and in all fairness, this should've been done sometime in April/May, but...it's too late to fix that now. 

====
Season 17 will go on until late November / early December.
==== 

For future Postseasons, if you guys are participating, please make sure you check the tournament threads on a regular basis for the theme. This notice will be reiterated in the invite PMs once the time comes for Season 17. 

So yeah, congrats to the winners and thanks to those of you who participated. 

(I'll open the Leaderboard season again after this)

====
Season 17 will go on until late November / early December.

Archived