Student released from North Korea dies

Flash Flyer - Sakura

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/06/19/us/otto-warmbier-north-korea-dies.html

(I didn't want to be the guy who posted this, but yeah, this happened. You all heard about it in some shape or form, right?)

While I express my condolences for the family at the loss of their son, I also must note that this could've been avoided if he had heeded warnings not to go to a country that's outright hostile towards the United States, and not stole a propaganda poster while in said country.

If you enter another country (or state), you are bound by THEIR laws; not that of your home country. Whatever you might be able to get away at home may very well carry a much harsher penalty elsewhere.

I do not condone what North Korea did to him, and that physical abuse is likely the source of him being in a coma / eventual death. 

=====

https://forum.yugiohcardmaker.net/topic/349620-huffpost-celebrates-man-sentenced-to-15-years-hard-labor-in-north-korea-due-to-his-white-privilege/

(Also the initial thread that announced him getting sentenced to 15 years labor in N. Korea)

=====

Thread is zero tolerance, meaning that any forms of spam, flame wars or uncivil behavior will be dealt with accordingly.

Oh man, I remember the initial thread about this guy from a year back.

This was my stance back then:

North Korea's record on human rights is appalling and this is no exception. The fault here is with North Korea for treating people horribly, not on the tourist for going there. That said, don't f***ing go to North Korea.

My stance remains unchanged, or slightly more emphatic if anything. 

That's why I dug it up from the depths of General; well, really only on page 3 on threads I actually replied to. (Don't know how much further it would've been if I didn't filter out the rest)

But yeah, my general thoughts on the matter remain the same:

Whatever pranks you can pull in this country and get off [lightly] for won't hold in other nations; ESPECIALLY in North Korea, which even treats its own citizens like sheet (and/or has the "Supreme Leader" killing his own family members abroad).

I don't know if he legitimately pulled a prank (either on his own accord / coerced) or was just a conjured excuse for North Korea to imprison him for absurdly long periods of time for no reason at all (and in which case, he's innocent). I think this can be said for the other three still trapped there. 

That being said, I do believe they abused him at a point in time, because even the doctors found no signs of a botulism in his system. If any autopsies are performed (maybe there will), the answer should be found as to what actually caused him to go into a coma. 

Regardless if he did commit a crime in that country (in which case, he should've known their laws and knew what was coming) or if he was arrested simply for being American, he didn't deserve this.

We've put up with North Korea's sheet for a long time.  Our people are dying over political propaganda posters, and we can't do sheet about it?  Are you funking kidding me?  The one war I wish we would actively engage in, is one to take the Kim Jong whateverthefuck their last name is now, out of power.  People are funking suffering and dying due to starvation in his country, because he wants to keep up appearances.  He has to look tough because he doesn't have enough food to feed the funking soldiers he needs to protect his stupid ass.  One movement, and we would be free of that tyrannical bullshit.  Put that JABRONI's head on a pike and let be a reminder that dictatorships won't be funking tolerated.

We've put up with North Korea's s*** for a long time. Our people are dying over political propaganda posters, and we can't do s*** about it? Are you f***ing kidding me? The one war I wish we would actively engage in, is one to take the Kim Jong whateverthef*** their last name is now, out of power. People are f***ing suffering and dying due to starvation in his country, because he wants to keep up appearances. He has to look tough because he doesn't have enough food to feed the f***ing soldiers he needs to protect his stupid ass. One movement, and we would be free of that tyrannical bullshit. Put that motherf***er's head on a pike and let be a reminder that dictatorships won't be f***ing tolerated.

As much as the rest of the world condemn NK and it's regime no country is prepared to handle the huge influx of uneducated and socially damaged refugees from a war there. China doesn't want more people and DK just doesn't have the facilities to handle that many people coming into their country all at once. Really the only option now is to find a way to kill off the Kim bloodline without going to war and let NK government collapse in on itself.

As much as the rest of the world condemn NK and it's regime no country is prepared to handle the huge influx of uneducated and socially damaged refugees from a war there. China doesn't want more people and DK just doesn't have the facilities to handle that many people coming into their country all at once. Really the only option now is to find a way to kill off the Kim bloodline without going to war and let NK government collapse in on itself.

A funking revolution would be beautiful to see out there, but those people are too weak (physically and probably emotionally too).  They've been starved and forgotten and it's funking shameful.  But you make a great point.  A war would only disperse the people and cause whatever corruption is left to sneak out of NK like snakes.  Separating families, sending refugees all over the world.  It really is heartbreaking to think about this sheet.

Some guys on Facebook and in the comment sections of the articles that brought this up did mention either sending our secret forces in to deal with him and his family (in a similar way to bin Laden). Or in a similar vein to what you want on him, get a couple of sticks or whatever and treat him the same way they did with Warmbier.

[This is coming from the comment section on media sites, not from me.]

A funking revolution would be beautiful to see out there, but those people are too weak (physically and probably emotionally too).  They've been starved and forgotten and it's funking shameful.  But you make a great point.  A war would only disperse the people and cause whatever corruption is left to sneak out of NK like snakes.  Separating families, sending refugees all over the world.  It really is heartbreaking to think about this sheet.

Yeah, it sucks to think about it. Everyone there is forced to worship the "great leader" even though he doesn't give a sheet about their well-being, their opinions and everything else. There have been a few who did have the courage to defect over to the South, but those cases are rare. 

(Would be good if they could restructure their own government, but at this stage, most of them can't do it)

We're already dealing with the Syrian refugee crisis; can't handle an influx of North Koreans after their government cracks (and we know what their government does in terms of making them hate Americans).

Archived