Etherium Rank-Up-Magic archtype Please help me buff these to make it legacy format worthy, or at least standard format worthy.

Reviews for both standard and legacy formats are accepted.

The idea behind this archtype was to do a better job with a rank-up-magic deck that ranks up based on type or attribute alone then I'd previously done (though those other attempts have not been posted here), by making a better engine for it to rank-up with. However I believe it still needs work to be standard format meta material and especially for legacy format's meta.

[spoiler=rank-up-magic spells]

5AwQnVF.png

Reveal 1 "Etherium" monster from your hand or banish 1 from your graveyard, then target 1 face-up Xyz Monster you control; Special Summon from your Extra Deck, 1 monster with the same Type or Attribute as that monster you control and higher rank, but not more then that target's rank + the number of special summoned monsters your opponent controls +1, by using it as the Xyz Material. (Transfer its materials to the summoned monster) During your Draw Phase, if this card is in your Graveyard, instead of conducting your normal draw: You can add this card from your Graveyard to your hand. You cannot Special Summon any monsters during the turn you activate this effect, except xyz and "Etherium" monsters.

e14kILq.png

Reveal 1 "Etherium" monster from your hand or banish 1 from your graveyard, then target 1 face-up Xyz Monster you control; Special Summon from your Extra Deck, 1 monster with the same Type or Attribute as that monster you control and higher rank, but not more then that target's rank + the number of special summoned monsters your opponent controls +1, by using it as the Xyz Material. (Transfer its materials to the summoned monster) but it cannot attack your opponent directly this turn. During your Main Phase, except the turn this card was sent to the graveyard: You can banish this card and 1 "Etherium" monster from your graveyard, then target 1 xyz monster in your graveyard; Special Summon that target, but its effects are negated.

[spoiler=Support monsters]

Q5mrmN4.png

You can special summon this card (from your hand) by banishing 1 "Etherium" monster from your graveyard. If this card is special summoned from the hand; draw 1 card. You can only use this effect of "Etherium Alchemist" once per turn.

kkUI1MN.png

If your opponent controls a monster and you control no monsters, you can Special Summon this card (from your hand). When this card inflicts battle damage to your opponent while all monsters you control are "Etherium" or Xyz monsters: You can add 1 "Etherium" card from your Deck to your hand.

Rulings Notes:

You can activate this effect even if you control both an Xyz monster and an "Etherium" monster

Design Notes:

I didn't want to put Heroic Challenger Assault Halberd out of a job so I removed the piercing and added a restriction to the search, though the concept is the same.

s3mrK9V.png

Once per Battle Phase, if this card attacks a monster, it can make a second attack in a row. If this card is destroyed by battle and sent to the Graveyard: Target 1 card your opponent controls; destroy that target.

vB9HOzj.png

Once per turn: you can shuffle 1 "Etherium" card from your hand or graveyard into the deck to target 1 card your opponent controls; destroy it.

KDPMLpn.png

If this card is Normal Summoned: You can target 1 Level 4 or lower "Etherium" monster in your Graveyard; Special Summon that target in Defense Position.

foZj9mX.png

When an opponent's monster declares a direct attack: You can Special Summon this card from your hand and if you do, negate the attack. During either player's turn, when a card or effect is activated that targets an xyz or "Etherium" monster you control (except during the Damage Step) while there is another "Etherium" card in your graveyard with a different name: You can banish this card from your Graveyard; negate that effect. You can only use this effect of "Etherium Guard" once per turn.

[spoiler=for those with ygo pro]

These cards are available in my latest card pack for YGO pro found here:

Simply drag and drop the into your expansions folder and you can try them out if you like.

Archived