Cow's Limited Time Opinions

I had decided I didn't really want to do opinions on YCMers because I said many of them already and there's only so much I can say that hasn't already. But I decided that for, as the video says, this day I will change that.

For the next 24 hours you may post in this thread to get my opinion of you. However once 24 hours is up, that's it, no more.

Any questions on other things can go into my AMAEO thread here: https://forum.yugiohcardmaker.net/topic/351143-amaeo-the-road-to-1000-questions/

speaking of that I should bump it....

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Never will I ever know your opinion of me if I don't take this limited time offer deal. What a steal. It's like a fire sale, look at that raging inferno that are those sales. Buy today. 

:444813_key:

I worry about you sometimes. Because of how ridiculously helpful you are. Without even needing to be asked half the time. And I think I put too much on my plate, sheesh... You're probably one of the most important people in RP in my opinion and I admire how steady you are. A good friend whom I am glad to have randomly started talking to one day.

time to ask about opinion on writing

That probably could go in the AMAEO but I will do both here anyway.

Your writing and you share some things to be honest. You can get stuck on gimmicks and, more importantly, influences too much. That is to say something inspires you or you base something around a character, game, comic, whatever, and you get so set on writing it to be that that...the characters themselves end up somewhat of a mess or far too focused on getting across that single idea. Too many references make for a shallow character.

In much similar ways you tend to hone in on a thought and seem to have difficulty getting away from it.

On the other hand you have a ton of creativity when you actually let yourself use it and you can be very witty in the things you write.

Personally speaking you're one of my favorite people here. Fun and generous. You're pretty good at being in charge of something as long as you actually let yourself be in charge. Confidence and forwardness is sometimes lacking but you definitely have the ability to command a situation.

Oh, and you're also super pervy which can be good or bad and sometimes both at the same time.

Try to steer away from it in your writing though. Your best stuff starts to slip when you go too deep down that rabbit hole.

And you already know about the grammar stuff. Especially tenses.

So I'd prefer no one else ask about writing opinions in this thread because it's meant to be personal opinions. Sassy :T I'll answer these ones but none others.

mich bitte

You're a pretty fun guy and have interesting tastes in things. I just worry cause there are a lot of the times you randomly get snippy and rude towards some people for no real reason as far as I can see.

Sorry I don't got much else...

GEAH

I still am not convinced you're not on some level insane. But it's a harmless insane so that's cool. I think you rely too much on what seems to be a gimmick so it's hard to really form a solid opinion at times. But you're smart and you care so overall I got a good opinion of you.

GEAH

This is an interesting one....I find you fun to talk to in a lot of situations but I also tend to disagree with you on many serious (including writing/story related things) topics. This isn't necessarily a bad thing but it obviously doesn't make me particularly fond of you (er, bad wording more like...it doesn't score points but doesn't lose points either lol). Granted the other times besides those disagreements are fine so my opinion on you isn't a negative one. More or less neutral with some "This guy's great" and "this guy's a pain" moments.

I also cannot keep from being paranoid and wonder if you don't want to stay in Gijinka. I can't tell sometimes if I really am doing badly with your group or if it's something on your end but there seems to be some issue.

Also I will say that there has been times I've felt you seem almost arrogant about holding certain opinions. Not sure if this is just a language/word choice thing or if it's an actual thing though.

As for your writing it's...well really good. I still am impressed by that story you wrote for that contest a while back. And when you post it tends to be good quality. The biggest flaw is it seems at times you hold back a bit too much but that might be more the characters themselves. Your characters are good though I don't think I ever really "felt" something from any of them besides Wally before. It's hard to pinpoint what it is due to not having a huge amount to go on but it could be due to the main point of the characters are sort of subdued/subtle.

GEAH

I guess love/hate? But not really either. You're a wonderful person and truly kind as I have seen mostly on FB but sometimes here too. You know how to have fun but can get out of hand. Something you already know. There are times when...It's tough to word this right because it sounds bad but where you show your age. You've got experience yes but there are times you seem to be over your head and almost talking out of your ass. Not all the time certainly and not intentionally either. It's odd because I've noticed that it's almost impossible to tell when you know what you're talking about or not because you tend to sound the same. I don't know if that makes sense sorry my thoughts on you are mostly abstract lol.

I think what I'm trying to get at is that it's frustrating because when you're taking something seriously you sound extremely knowledgeable even if you're not in the right (not intentionally so it's just how you speak...type). And no this isn't to do with anything recent.

Oh another thing is that you can get super passionate about specific people which is usually a good thing but it can be dangerous as well.

WjIFV0e.png

You're a pretty chill guy and you bring a good sense of fun to the forum. You sometimes come across as arrogant in the sense that you have a weird tendency to act like you know what a person is thinking better than they do. It is really off-putting when you quote someone and say they don't care about the result in your post and threads because it comes off as you're only doing them to get attention from people. Which I doubt is the case because of how, as said before, chill you tend to be most of the time.

hOI

We've certainly had a weird roller-coaster of a relationship haven't we? I admired you greatly when I first came back and you liking me made me feel really good and helped to make me more confident. It really hurt when that changed. I still am unsure what happened with us entirely but I will say I am glad we're friends again.

You're really fun and passionate and it's nice to see your thoughts. The main issue is you can come off as being extremely set on certain ideas without budging. The worst of it is when you add certain opinions to when someone says something just tangentially related to it. Like you're almost obsessed with getting certain ideas across.

But other than that you're great. A softie who can be adorable at times and is quite creative and witty. I appreciate your existence because you and I have similar tastes in things and you're truly a good person. You have a lot of wisdom to offer as long as you keep certain bitterness out of it. Not that the bitterness is always undeserved but it is there.

You were my favorite person on the site. Don't feel bad when I say you're not the top now that's likely only because of the long period where we didn't really talk. Others just had more time. But you're still one of the best people here in the sense of those I feel friendship towards.

Ahoi

I am so. So. So sorry. I struggle to remember exactly who you are as a person. Not because you're not active just...you're so unassuming. Which isn't really a bad thing honestly. I love your passion for the weirder Pokemon though. You're a friendly guy and I can't really say negative things about you so good on you lol

I mean with such spicy deals like this, I might as well try a ask one ask another one for full price. So, to echo Nai, opinions on my writing?

gdi

You do your best work when you write strange characters. You have an energy to your writing that doesn't come across with other types of characters. It's almost like you're stifling yourself when you write more subdued characters. I enjoy your sense of humor and your writing tends to be technically good as well.

Give it to me now! (Pleez)

lewd?

Anyway I don't know much about you still. But you are an entertaining person and as of so far seem really nice and not the type to be an ass so woo you.

Oh and you seem open to suggestions which is always good.

im scared what if cowcow doesn't like me anymore oh noooooooo

My opinion hasn't really changed. I don't talk as much because I honestly get worn down easily. I have said it before and at this point I've sort of realized that it's gonna be hard to break you of those habits.

Opinion on m...y writing. And also me if you feel so inclined, though I'm pretty sure I've heard everything you've got to say as far as I myself go.

Yeah I've said it all and more so I guess I will actually skip this one :P

Writing wise you have a lot of fun ideas but you also tend to....be very hit and miss. Either your post is great or not much happens at all and it's just there. You seem to struggle with finding motivation to write a character unless something meme-y or similar inspires you. You also don't tend to go outside of your box and struggle with having free reign.
You make fun characters but they tend to slip into similar things and it can come off as awkward as you almost force the same themes onto them.

I thought this said you had limited time options at first. *dies*

Alright being totally honest here? I probably have a bit of a crush on you. Shocking, I know.

You're one of the most fun people on this site and I'm impressed at how not much seems to get to you (at least not to the point you lash out). Until more recently though it's also made it hard to really know much about you. Like you tend to be on the passive side. Not that it's bad exactly but there are times I'd like to see more of your thoughts on things.

You tend to make me smile with the things you say though because it's often warm and friendly and that's something really nice to see.

I just wish I was better at giving myself time to play with you more cause it's always a fun time.

I might regret this...

Ehhh you're a good guy. Friendly and it's impressive that you've been here so long without really getting into any serious spats with people. I suppose sometimes I don't quite get your sense of humor and you also stick to a very short list of responses/references a lot of the time. But I don't think badly of you at all and I think the only time you really bothered me was a disagreement over "kill lists" in polls but that's such a minor thing it doesn't really matter.

Oh. Well if we're being tbh, I don't have many thoughts on things. :^)

Probably makes me uninteresting as af,

but that's fine with me in my imo.

Wait, what did I do more recently?  :526110_key:

If it helps I don't think you're uninteresting.

And I mostly mean that we've talked more about more things than in the past.

FIGHT ME, MILKCOW.

I'm not gonna do the same as the rest because I've said that before.

I know you have personal reasons but it's super off putting how much gets dropped by you. I can't blame you because I understand the issues that can cause this but I won't deny it's really made me leery about trusting your word on things.

You're still a good person and a joy to have around. You bring a certain sense of fun to the forum as well.

I like you as a person enough to miss talking with you.

You're good at creating things and generating hype and having ideas you're just soooooo bad at sticking to things.

Archived