• Tokyo Godfathers
    • Death Parade
    • Black Lagoon
    • Cardcaptor Sakura
    • Perfect Blue
    • Summer Wars
    • Dennou Coil
    • My Love Story!!
    • None of the above/Other (if you pick this for all polls, comment the title of your choosing that's not listed)
  2. 2. Poll 2

• Overlord
    • Alderamin on the Sky
    • Claymore
    • The Irreguler at Magic High School
    • Btooom!
    • Chobits
    • Gunslinger Girl
    • Strawberry Panic
    • Highschool of the Dead
    • Kiba
    • Needless
    • Allison & Lillia
    • Hanayamata
    • Devil May Cry
    • Prince of Stride: Alternative
    • Beyblade
    • Kamen no Maid Guy
    • DiGi Charat
    • ChäoS;HEAd
    • None of the above/Other (if you pick this for all polls, comment the title of your choosing that's not listed)
  3. 3. Poll 3

• Texhnolyze
    • Wolf Children
    • The Tatami Galaxy

So I saw this twit on Tweeter earlier and it gave me the idea to do something like this and I presume it doesn't matter if this poll was created before. I might do polls for other studios in the future, but if I do it probs won't anytime soon (if you want to see more like this soon, you may as well make it).

For the polls I chose anime that I thought people would have heard of that are listed as only Madhouse having animated them, but you can choose any anime that they were involved in (as long as they're listed as a studio on the MAL page and not just a producer).

The first 19 picked that aren't listed already shall be added to the third (so far empty) poll (each topic allows up to 3 polls).

Although that third poll is empty like I said, there is a reason it's already there. The reason is so when I add to it, if there are others that have yet to vote, but would vote for something already there, they get the "None of the above" option in the correct place (that's really the only way I can think of to be able to add more at this time).

I picked Allison & Lillia, one of my all time favorite anime. It's not in my top 10, but for sure my top 15. The other 2 in a top 3 Madhouse anime for me would probably be One Punch Man and No Game No Life, in that order.

This was a really tough one, but in the end I went with Hajime no Ippo. It's a great sports series with lots of action, great characters, plenty of emotion, and it's comedy is funking funny.

My second pick would've probably been Chihayafuru. Competitive karuta may not be as exciting as something like boxing, but it still had me on the edge of my seat a ton, and I also love the drama and romance aspects of it as well.

Stuff like Overlord, OPM, and NGNL are fantastic as well, but part of me just has issue with listing shows like those as favorites, as there's simply not enough of them yet (they're all 1 cour shows, compared to Chihayafuru's 50 episodes and Hajime no Ippo's 127). Maybe with future seasons and seeing how they are adapted, that could change.

At first I saw OPM and was like "of course" but then I saw Nana which I didn't know what Madhouse. And honestly though it's not the best thing there was something really special to me about Nana.

Hanayamata (wow that's a big difference from some of the others lol) would be second probably.

Throwing one in for Monster, yeah I know its kind of a typical snobby critic pick however it really deserves the praise it gets and is just fucking incredible from start to finish. The mystery, the constant ominous feel, the look into Johan and just trying to figure out what his plan is. Its all so meticulously crafted and quite an experience to watch.

My top contenders that are up would be Trigun, Parasyte, Black Lagoon, Summer Wars and Perfect Blue. Also while I may have not voted for them I feel as if you should put Texhnolyze, Wolf Children, Tatami Galaxy (or just about anything Masaaki Yuasa directed), and Wolf's Rain (nvm that one was actually done by Bones) as they are certainly worthy shows for mentioning Madhouse.

Archived