[Fanfiction] Yu-Gi-Oh! Zexal: The Arrival of New Numbers

Guduss

This is five years after the last adventure of Yuma Tsukumo.

Prologue: Yuma's Dream

It is night in Heartland City. Outside the city in a lovely house filled with artifacts of expeditions lives a family called the Tsukumoes. In the house is the famous champion of the local tournament six years, Yuma. As Yuma sleeps, he dreams. Unfortunately, like his dreams from the past, they bring adventures to him.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Yuma walks through a crumbling Grecian ghost town. As he walks, he hears explosions and feels shocks through the earth. He looks to the smoke-choked sky and sees two people, thinking and looking at the scenery. One person was dressed in a black robe with gold trimming. The person was pale with pure coal black hair in ringlets and his eyes were ghostly blue that seemed to fade and brighten at times. The person had a iridescent green 00 on his robe and also wore Greek sandals.

The other person was dressed in a blinding white robe with bright yellow trimming. The person was well tan and muscular with black curly hair and his eyes were electric blue that seemed to brighten a little every minute. The person had a deep sky blue 01 on his robes and like the other person, wore Greek sandals.

Although they were hundreds of feet in the air, Yuma could hear them as if they were five feet away from him.

"Dragong, I worry of our realm," said the pale person. The pale person, despite his appearance, had a strong voice, deep and masculine.

"Dogged Nomedia, what is there to worry of?" Dragong asked. Dragong was like Dogged Nomedia in voice but a little less in depth.

"Each day, our world wears away and a part of the realm is destroyed. One of these days the realm will collapse with us in it."

"Fear not, First Sin. Our savior will come."

First Sin? Yuma thought, a question mark forming in his head. Sin of what?

Dragong and Dogged Nomedia seemed to think for a while when Dragong snapped his fingers and said, "What if we could find someone to find people who would save us?"

Dogged Nomedia turned his head toward his companion and cocked in a demonic fashion. "This is a hard bargain. Even if we find someone who would save us Sins, he must be powerful enough to withstand Sin Numbers with the darkness that would spread inside the person. As we know of, there was one person who resist our power and we can't reach him!"

Dogged Nomedia seemed to about to go into an angry tirade with himself when Number 39: Utopia appeared out of nowhere. Both Dragong and Dogged Nomedia stopped and looked at Utopia with subtle awe, then their bodies blew apart.

Dogged Nomedia became a large demon-like creature with a scythe in his right hand. He was black with grey and silver scars with lava-red lips and dark purple wings protruding from his back. His left arm was cut as a stump at the elbow while his right was longer and his hand was twice the size that it looks like it should be. His eyes were rimmed green and towards the pupil, red. He sported dragon-like horns. Yuma saw a green 00 on Dogged Nomedia's right hand.

Dragong became a blue-green wingless dragon. Dragong's head was long, scaly muzzle with sharp fangs and spikes on the bottom of the jaw, especially the spike on his chin. On top of his head was long rhino-like horn, except this horn was shaped like blade. Behind it was two scaly ears and behind that was a furry, scaly, muscular neck. Underneath the neck were two rows of lightly-brown spikes snaked from his large shoulders to the tip of his tail. Underneath the shoulders were large, overly muscular forelimbs that were also furry and scaly. Beyond that he looked like a normal dragon.

They both charged at Utopia with a sort of bloodlust. Utopia unleashed a large amount of energy and stopped them in their tracks.

Then that's when they discovered Yuma, behind Utopia in fear for his life. Utopia seemed to tell them something that Yuma couldn't understand but whatever he told the "Sins", they calmed a bit.

Dogged Nomedia looked at Yuma with a smile. "Dragong, I believe we found our man."

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"So could you care to explain what or who you are?" Yuma asked. The two beings had returned to their human form.

"Yes. I believe I can help," said Dogged Nomedia. "I'm Sin Number 00: Dogged Nomedia, also known as the First Sin. My friend here is Sin Number 01: Dragong. And you might be?"

"I'm Yuma Tsukumo. So what are Sin Numbers?"

Dragong laughed. "Sin Numbers are kind of like Numbers, except we are darker and more sinister. We represent all the sins of the human world."

Dogged Nomedia nodded grimly, slow and brisk. "However, despite our cursed name, some of us here are not as dark as our others."

"Also, like Numbers, we can take control of a Dueler if weak-minded. Not only that, we can make them do dark deeds that we were made to do."

Dogged Nomedia turned toward Yuma and pointed a finger. "You're not weak-minded. If you were, you would be in the hands of so many influences."

Dragong nodded. "We know we just met. But we must ask a favor. We need to find eight people who can handle the power of Sins."

Dogged Nomedia looked Yuma in the eyes. "Will you help us?"

Yuma took a deep breath and said the words that sealed his fate:

"When can I start?"

Archived