Yu-Gi-Oh! Card Maker Awards 2017

BoJack Horseman

funk funk funk funk funk

I'M GONNA LOSE DRAMA KING

funk

Not to worry, you can get mine. Wouldn't have made a vote otherwise cuz the categories were BORING but I'll try to pick 8 people.

Ultimate Male Member vla1ne. The one guy I wish I interacted with more. Could've been the ultimate debater too, especially since I agree with you a lot of the time but I find Aerion slightly better in that regard.

Ultimate Female Member But I thought everyone on the internet are all little girls.

Ultimate Card Maker 

Ultimate Role Player

Ultimate Writer Astro Dude for his literary accomplishments on Phoenix Wright fanfiction and some other stuff i guess idk

Ultimate Debater Aerion if he's still here. Lovely posts to read all around.

Ultimate Comedian kush. he acts edgy af but he's adorbs

Ultimate Rising Star Enguin. Yes he's an old member technically, but as you can see from his member title he has plans to join ISIS and become a notorious terrorist so he's a rising star in that department. go kys soon

Ultimate Influential Member Winter. Never has another man moved an entire forum(or at least its relevant visitors) as much as he and his ban did. He's arguably dead but he's coming back soon and he's still relevant so come on. 

Ultimate Drama Queen (or King!) Armz. Is gone, so Polaris, since you wanted it and your frankness does lead to drama, not on your part but whoever has the fortune of interacting with you.

Ultimate Moderator: I think Sakura is actually fairly ideal lately? There was someone else I could've voted for but they're gone and I've almost never interacted with them within the context of a member and mod.

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ultimate Influential Member Winter. Never has another man moved an entire forum(or at least its relevant visitors) as much as he and his ban did. He's arguably dead but he's coming back soon and he's still relevant so come on. 

9RzyY2M.png?1

If I have to hear Monomi shut down the dead one more time I'll...

-RUMBLE BOOM SHWING-

PCI9Smx.png

No arguing. Currently dead.

9RzyY2M.png?1

No arguing. Currently dead.

So what if I go bug him to give his votes through some intermediary then? Would he still be considered dead? If he does vote then through proxy, he has indeed interacted with the community this month which would be an argument for him being alive, especially when he comes back in how ever many months left of his ban he has.

So what if I go bug him to give his votes through some intermediary then? Would he still be considered dead? If he does vote then through proxy, he has indeed interacted with the community this month which would be an argument for him being alive, especially when he comes back in how ever many months left of his ban he has.

wzVMMic.png?2

If you want to die yourself phuhuhu

oRqe79U.png?1

Because that's against the rules.

Dear lord...I...I don't know what to do xD Either way...right now these are currently unfinished...it's late and I'll come back to them.

Ultimate Male Member: -
Ultimate Female Member: -
Ultimate Card Maker: -
Ultimate Role Player: (N/A due to the fact that there are too many good ones to choose from T-T DON'T MAKE ME CHOOSE!!)
Ultimate Writer: Hi I'm Dad - Hands down in my opinion. Right now him with :Alive: is the best thing in CW right now. The guy taking what was once an RP and taking it farther than it ever had before within the confines of this story, its amazing.
Ultimate Debater: (N/A due to the fact that I don't ever go in this place)
Ultimate Comedian: -
Ultimate Rising Star: (N/A due to the fact that I haven't talked to any specific newbies around here)
Ultimate Influential Member: -
Ultimate Drama Queen/King: -
Ultimate Moderator: Smear - Me and Smear were buddies before, always in the YCM Brawls and always trying to outdo each other in them. Not gonna lie, I was extremely jealous of him getting the promotion of Mod, but at the same time, I was happy for him. The guy is quite the Mod!

It's okay, Black can be your Drama Queen.

In the event of anyone else being voted any kind of Drama Monarch (AS IF!!!!!!!), I, ~ P O L A R I S ~, will personally take it upon myself to contest the doubtless fraudulent result over a heated Comments & Suggestions thread that will number no fewer than 10 pages as well as, of course, rants on Twitter, Tumblr, Instagram, Snapchat, MySpace, and the YCM status bar...

Okay so, not gonna lie these posts we're getting lately are pretty funny, but imma ask y'all to restrain yourselves a bit before we end up in a spamhole. I can tell we're starting in that direction, so I'd like to stop it before it really starts; even if I'm enjoying the show, work comes before fun and I gotta keep an eye on things in this thread and section. That's about it really. As y'all were, though please do ask yourself twice if your post is spam before posting here (=w=)/

Ultimate Male Member: - Black
Ultimate Female Member: - Birb
Ultimate Card Maker: - N/A
Ultimate Role Player: (N/A)
Ultimate Writer: N/A (Anyone I know in the section is long gone)
Ultimate Debater: v1ane - Because I can't vote for myself.
Ultimate Comedian: - DAE.
Ultimate Rising Star: Spinny. He'll always be new in our hearts.
Ultimate Influential Member: - Black. All change goes through this darling.
Ultimate Drama Queen/King: - Winter. I don't care that he's banned. There is no one else in the history of YCM who deserves this title more. Well maybe Crab. Even if you'll just discount it, I'm still voting for Winter.
Ultimate Moderator: YCMaker. All hail our corporate overlord.

Ultimate Debater: (N/A due to the fact that I don't ever go in this place)

Ultimate Rising Star: (N/A)

Ultimate Drama Queen/King: - Winter. I don't care that he's banned. There is no one else in the history of YCM who deserves this title more. Well maybe Crab. Even if you'll just discount it, I'm still voting for Winter.

Holy cow way to row row fight the power man, breaking all the rules XD

Ultimate Debater: v1ane - Because I can't vote for myself.

Ultimate Rising Star: Spinny. He'll always be new in our hearts.

giphy.gif

Come on man what did I just say? I'm just gonna give you the benefit of the doubt and assume you simply didn't read the rules for this, so I'll just tl/dr them here.

>8 votes minimum

>Can't vote the same person for more than one thing

>Can't vote banned members or members who are otherwise no longer with us

If you're gonna vote, vote and do it right. If you're not gonna stick to the pretty simple rules, it'll be treated as spam as of this post and handled accordingly. End of story. I'm trying to be lenient with this thread since events are supposed to be fun, but y'all are making it difficult :l

I mean, just because they don't vote for eight people doesn't mean they can't vote if they're being serious. Shock and surprise, most of us don't know each other. We've pretty isolated, and forcing us to vote for a section we don't know about is stupid.

Even if it doesn't count, let people post who they would vote for anyways, as long as it's not a shitpost.

Gotta be honest, while I agree the limit could still be lower (6-7 seems fine tbh), there's an entire 3 or 4 categories related to sections.

M-member, F-member, Comedian, Rising Star, I-Member, Drama K/Q, and Moderator are completely generic.

Card Making, RP, Writing, and arguably debate are section locked, but debate could honestly go to anyone with good debating skills, not just someone in the debates section, as I see it.

There's a case for lower, but I don't think sections are it.

still think limit should be a wee bit lower tho. Even with what I thought was a joke category, it could be a little tough for people who aren't as well versed in the community to make votes.

The fact is that voting restraints are too strict for most of the people who even care enough to vote. 8 is too much in the sense that the categories are often too specific for us to be able to come up with 8 different names that'd actually fit said categories that we actually feel would fit. Some of us had to make joke votes, as you have noticed. Changing voting categories isn't viable at this point but at the very least you can lessen voting restrictions to compensate.

And also, certain banned/dead/inactive members are actually still fairly relevant people to the community, enough that they'd get votes. Those aren't joke votes, I assure you. People thinking winter/armz's a drama queen or whatnot, those are real votes. And I'm certain without said rules in place, they'd get even more votes. If the awards don't actually reflect the majority's opinion then what's the point? Arguably you can compromise and add a rule that allows for members who have been banned within a year of the thread's posting, or members who have logged in at least once within the year. I recognize that at some point you'll have to cut off members that are plain out too old that plain out aren't likely to win so the voters who would've done that could instead vote in someone more relevant.

7BEaHke.png?1

D-dead members not absent members... Cannot b-be voted for.... B-because... They can't spread happiness...

HAPxHjU.png?1

Th-they're dead! Th-they can't receive the Hope Crystal... They're... They're...

EDOsfob.png?1

The Ultimate Despair? Blemishes on an otherwise perfect world?

ziN0Etw.png?1

Aahn... but they want them... so badly...! ʕ๑廿ڡ廿ʔ

jKwZEuI.png?1

Phuuhu! Maybe I can help!

wzVMMic.png?2

I'll add Ultimate Despair to Monomi's votes... As a vote for the Ultimate Banned Member. Sound fair?

NzLX9a2.png?1

Y-you can't! This is for spreading hope!

7GGDUKc.png?1

Quiet you!

9RzyY2M.png?1

Or I'll redo everything.

HAPxHjU.png?1

-sniffling-

well this caught my interests, so i may as well jump in...

Ultimate Male Member: Gonna have to say Hi I'm Dad, he's rather down to earth, and i can't think of too many people who hate him. so i

Ultimate Female Member: I legit don't Know who is and isn't female on this site. so i'm just gonna say Beatrice (AKA lambdadelta atm), it's the safest bet, and i have to thank her somehow for introducing me to umineko (Was lurking one day, saw you going on and on about it, gave it a shot, and loved it, so thanks.)

Ultimate Card Maker: no idea for the most part, i'm rarely in that section (though if sent a pm i'd gladly give cardmaking advice & reviews to those who desire it.) but if i were to base it off of who on this site has the best constructive criticism (as far as i know), i think i could give it to Black (AKA Berkut). he's usually pretty knowledgeable about cards and interactions, and i think he'd definitely be  a good card creator because of that knowledge.

Ultimate Role Player:  YCMaker. It takes some serious dedication to play dead for this long.

Ultimate Writer: i rarely enter that part of the site, so i have to refrain from voting here. my input would be both uninformed, and possibly skew something that rightfully belongs to another.

Ultimate Debater: ....This is one of those areas where i wish i could just say it's a tie. seriously, but to give the main win, Brightflame deserves it. Debating with him, and watching him debate, has never left me bored, and i legit enjoy doing so when i have time. the honorable mentions include tentacruel, who is exceptionally good at picking out and toning down arguments, though he's rarely actually present in debates. the other is Mido9, whose ability to pull up stats during discussion is both amazing and intimidating, though his ability to add his own views and interpretations to said facts and stats (thereby swaying an argument in his favor) is extremely lacking. shard, who has extremely passionate views in some subjects, and is rather lackluster in others, thus showing me both how good, and how terrible they are, at both debating, and choosing their battles.

Ultimate Comedian:  Edgeguin. He gets this simply because of  his post on the last page. a very well put together, and fairly substantial shitpost. also, haven't seen armz lately, so that's the honorable mention since he would have been the winner if he were still active.

Ultimate Rising Star: I have no idea. i'd say aria if they're still around, but past that, while i do see you new guys around, i don't quite see you as "new" since it's rather rare that i look at post counts. although, as of this thread here, pretty sure Usami  is currently the brightest of the bunch. made me stick my head in, that's enough to earn my vote.

Ultimate Influential Member: Tormented because he can get in touch with the most powerful undead member of them all: YCMaker. and is often rather close, if not central, to fixing many of the bugs that appear on the site from time to time.

Ultimate Drama Queen (or King!): In the temporary absence of the undisputed wintner, i'm granting this to Polaris. he's got a lot of the more entertaining feats under his belt, and his shitposts are often pretty entertaining. at least i get a decent laugh out of them. also, i have to add, the most influential members, and the larges drama king/Queens, are extremely likely to be banned members. that's simply the way of things. i understand that you wish to only use members who are here and accounted for, but the fact is, especially for drama, those who incite the biggest waves, are often going to have either been punished alongside said wave, or be the one(s) who punished the wave makers. in that way, overall, it would only ever be a banned member, or a mod, who leaves the largest impression.

Ultimate Moderator: Evilfusion. hands down. he was also a choice for best debater. keeping a calm and rational head while juggling facts is something that any and every mod should work to improve upon, no matter how good they are at it already, and leading the group in this, is none other than evilfusion. he's not always front and center, but his sig really does say everything you need to know about him as a mod, and luckily, he rarely, if ever, lets his power inflate his head.

hope that fits the rules. now back to lurking.

You would change things as soon as i post... well then, for ultimate despair, i'm going with the one we all know is winning this part: Winter. never before have i seen somebody so hopelessly outmatched, in numbers, (And in some cases arguments) yet so defiantly stand in defense of their beliefs. that takes some serious balls. and it deserves quite a bit of respect simply due to the amount of dedication shown. speaking your mind in all situations is a gift in and of itself. not to mention he was among the most influential of the normal members of the site, as many of the events involving him swept up the entire site, for better or worse. not always solely his fault, but always interesting while such events lasted.

DID YOU EVEN READ ALL OF IT?!?!

ALL EIGHT PARTS?!

i watched the anime, (and loved the OP/ED,) but stopped at episode 20, because things were starting to puck up, and i realized the anime was likely going for an original ending. stopped there, then shortly after, started reading the manga while i had spare time. unfortunately i haven't been able to finish reading, as the translation (as in sentence structure, punctuation, choice in translation words used, ect) for the part i was on, is so terrible that it put me off for the past few months don't spoil it for me. i've been reading it in small doses, though. i'm at the backstory of kinzo and beatrice. the ww2 arc.

on topic, i have to ask, usami, what made you think to do such a list, and do you yourself happen to have a favorite for rach category? or is this simply a way to get to feel about the forum early on? either way, the idea's pretty interesting.

i watched the anime, (and loved the OP/ED,) but stopped at episode 20, because things were starting to puck up, and i realized the anime was likely going for an original ending. stopped there, then shortly after, started reading the manga while i had spare time. unfortunately i haven't been able to finish reading, as the translation (as in sentence structure, punctuation, choice in translation words used, ect) for the part i was on, is so terrible that it put me off for the past few months don't spoil it for me. i've been reading it in small doses, though. i'm at the backstory of kinzo and beatrice. the ww2 arc.

on topic, i have to ask, usami, what made you think to do such a list, and do you yourself happen to have a favorite for rach category? or is this simply a way to get to feel about the forum early on? either way, the idea's pretty interesting.

i shall quote a line often uttered by the fate franchise people, of which you should be very familiar with

READ THE VN

Archived