Molten Beetles (Beta)

EnglishCrabs

I get inspiration for a lot of the cards/archtypes I make ironically from my past and events in my life. While working on basically a Yugioh 18+ script (Hopefully I can eventually get a team of animators and a patreon to do it), a firefly came into my apartment because I left the door ajar (it was hotter then an Elemental HERO Heat at the time). I didn't know what it was at the time and I slammed it with my shoe, it gave off one last blip and died. Though morbid, it gave me the idea for an archtype to be used by one of the protagonists Yunva (Before you go RIPOFF on me, he's not the main character of the series). 

Basis of "Molten Beetles"

I drew inspiration of the playstyle from Nekroz and Psy-Frames while playing on YGOPRO. Both acted as hand traps to cause havoc to the opponent as well as swarm the field in order to get their wanted result, ultimately being either a Nekroz ritual monster or a Psy-Frame Omega. I stuck with Ritual monsters in this case as they're horribly neglected (and now Link monsters taking their card color? Sheesh!). I then combined that with the floater concept and when they're destroyed by battle, a desirable effect occurs in response. The end goal of "Molten Beetles" is to push out the ace card "Molten Beetle Sun Scarab" or the lesser strong yet still effective "Molten Beetle Warm Stag". The archtype consists of level 1 - 3 FIRE Insect-type monsters with a couple support cards thrown in to keep consistency as well as other wild effects. A strange twist is that there's two ritual spell cards, one called "Egg Core Emergence" allows you to summon a Molten Beetle ritual monster with cards on your hand or field like a normal ritual spell card, and it makes your summoned monster immune to your opponent' s card effects for 2 turns. The other is "Solarized Resurrection" which is for any FIRE-insect ritual monster in which you must banish FIRE-insect monsters from your graveyard or field in which then you take damage equal to the amount of monsters used x300 as a drawback.

Art Concept: I don't have any card art, sadly as I'm not much of an artist but the basic concept for their appearance are large insects with legs lined with flames down the middle.

Alright, the cards:

Molten Beetle FIREfly

Attribute: FIRE

Level/Rank: 1

Card Type: Effect

Type: Insect

ATK: 500

DEF: 400

Desc: When your opponent activates a card that targets exactly 1 FIRE monster on the field, you can send this card from your hand to the graveyard to negate the activation of that card and destroy it. When this face up card is destroyed and sent to the graveyard, add 1 Ritual Spell card from your deck to your hand

Molten Beetle Ladybug

Level/Rank: 1

ATK: 100

DEF: 200

Desc: When your opponent activates a spell card from their hand, you can sent this card from your hand to the graveyard to negate the activation of that card and destroy it. When this face up card is destroyed and sent to the graveyard, you can special summon 1 level 4 or lower "Molten Beetle" monster from your deck.

Molten Beetle Saperda

Level: 1

ATK: 0

DEF: 600

Desc: When your opponent activates a monster's effect, you can send this card from your hand to the graveyard to negate the activation of that card and return it to your opponent's hand. When this card is destroyed and sent to the graveyard, select and destroy 1 spell or trap card on the field. This effect cannot be negated.

Molten Beetle Whirligig

Level: 2

ATK: 1600

DEF: 300

Desc: When your opponent special summons a monster from their extra deck, you can send this card from your hand to the graveyard to change the ATK of that monster to 100. When this card is destroyed and sent to the graveyard, inflict 500 points of damage to your opponent.

Molten Beetle Blister

Attribute:

Level: 2

ATK: 1400

DEF: 1000

Desc: When your opponent special summons a monster from their deck by the effect of a monster, you can send this card from your hand to the graveyard to banish the summoned monster and inflict damage to your opponent equal to the combined levels of the monsters x100. When this card is destroyed by battle and sent to the graveyard, 

Molten Beetle Weevil

Level: 3

ATK: 1700

DEF: 1300

Desc: When your opponent activates a set trap card on their side of the field, you can discard this card from your hand to the graveyard to negate the activation of that card and shuffle it back into their deck. When this card is destroyed by battle and sent to the graveyard, add 1 FIRE Ritual Monster or 1 Ritual Spell card from your deck to your hand.

Molten Beetle Clicker

Level: 3

Card type: Effect

ATK: 1800

DEF: 200

Desc: When your opponent draws card(s) except during the draw phase, you can discard this card from your hand to the graveyard to have your opponent to discard those card(s). When this card is destroyed by battle and sent to the graveyard, destroy 1 face up spell/trap card your opponent controls.

Molten Beetle Warm Stag

Level: 5

Card type: Ritual

ATK: 2000

DEF: 2000

Desc: This monster can only be Ritual Summoned with the Ritual Spell Card "Egg Core Emergence" or "Solorized Resurrection". You must also tribute monsters whose's total level equals 5 from your hand and field. For the next 3 turns upon this monster's summoning, your opponent cannot activate any spell cards from their hand and all flip monster effects are negated. When this card is destroyed and sent to the graveyard, draw 2 cards. You can banish this card from your graveyard as a tribute to a ritual summon of an Insect monster. 

Molten Beetle Sun Scarab

Level: 9

Card type: Ritual

ATK: 2700

DEF: 2400

Desc: This monster can only be ritual summoned with either "Egg Core Emergence" or "Solorzed Ressurectioni". You must also offer FIRE monsters who's levels total to 8 as a tribute from your field or hand. Once per turn, you can select and destroy one face up monster you control and inflict damage to your opponent equal to that monster's original ATK. When an opponent activates a card that destroys 2 or more monsters, you can return 1 level 3 or lower "Molten Beetle" card from your graveyard to your deck to negate the activation of that card and destroy it. When this card is destroyed and sent to the graveyard, destroy all cards on the field then send the top card of your opponent's deck to the graveyard.

_____

Spells/Traps

Egg Core Emergence

Card Type: Ritual Spell 

Desc: This card is used to Ritual Summon any "Molten Beetle" Ritual monster. You must also tribute monsters from your hand and field who's levels equal the selected monster's level. The summoned monster is unaffected by your opponent's card effects until the end of your opponent's next turn.

Solorized Ressurection

Card Type: Ritual Spell

Desc: This card is used to Ritual Summon any FIRE-Insect Ritual monster. You must also banish monsters on the field and in the graveyard who's level are equal to or higher then the selected monster. At the end of the turn, take damage equal to the number of monsters used to summon this monster x300.

Fiery Garden:

Card Type: Field

Desc: When this card is activated, add 1 "Molten Beetle" or Ritual spell card from your deck to your hand. All Molten Beetle monsters gain 500 ATK and DEF. Once per turn, you can pay 500 life points to add 1 "Molten Beetle" monster from your graveyard to your hand. When this card is destroyed and sent to the graveyard, send the top card from your deck to the graveyard then draw 1 card.

Tempted To Spicy Food

Card Type: Continuous Spell

Desc: During your opponent's battle phase, all of their monsters must attack (if able) any FIRE Insect-type monster you control. When this card is destroyed and sent to the graveyard, inflict 1000 points of damage to your opponent.

Molten Beetle Revival

Card Type: Normal Spell

Desc: Special summon 1 Level 3 or lower "Molten Beetle" from your graveyard to your side of the field in Face up Defense Position. If this set card is destroyed and sent to the graveyard, draw 1 card.

Song Of The Molten Beetles

Card Type: Counter Trap

Desc: When your opponent summons a XYZ, Synchro, or Fusion monster to their side of the field while you control a Molten Beetle ritual monster, send the top card from your deck to the graveyard to banish it. If this card is destroyed and sent to the graveyard, your opponent must discard 1 card.

______

So far those are all of the cards =P feedback would be appreciated and I'll be sure to share more of my archtype creations soon. I'll leave it as a vote as to which one I should write about after I post about another deck of mine known as Soul Jars, which are maliciously cruel in dueling.

1. Smokestress/Smokestream

2. Flamegence

3. Airheld Order

4. Doom Divers

5. Rock Dudes

6. Focused Swordsman
7. BOMBA

_____

New Archtypes in the making

Stemos: LIGHT Plant monsters which destroy themselves in order to bring out their boss monsters. They're based on parts of the nervous system and mental illness. 

Angelisoars: LIGHT Dinosaur monsters which have positive effects when your life points are higher then your opponents. Much more of a defensive deck then a normal dinosaur deck which focuses on large level beatsticks

Starbound Heroes: LIGHT Warrior deck which functions similarly to the Allies of Justice (just with more synergy). Their field spell change their opponent's monster attributes to DARK and all Starbound hero monsters protect the field spell in play as long as there are LIGHT monsters on your side of the field. Starbound heroes restrict DARK monsters making it a bit of a lockdown deck.

Battlebark: Beast monsters based on different species of dogs which have a similar function to Gladiator Beasts. Used by the love interest of the series "Yugioh Genesis"

Mob Hunter: WATER Fiend monsters based on famous gangsters and abilities allow them to destroy specific monster types without applying damage calculation

Steel Dwarf: EARTH monsters which behave similarly to Vylons as they must have an equip spell card on them to function though are much more focused on aggressive attacks and all are unaffected by normal trap cards. Focused on bringing out their ace Fusion Monster "Thoriyog, King Of The Steel Dwarves"

Gorgispin: Cruel, WIND Reptile and WIND Rock type monsters which have effects which pressures the opponent to choose what cards of theirs to remove, destroy, etc. They also have incredibly high attack and a large pool of Spell/Trap cards which make them much more threatening.

___

Want to collaborate or be an artist for one of the archtypes? Hmu, I'm super chill dont worry

~EnglishCrabs

Archived