[MtG] [HOU] Hour of Devastation Spoilers - Week 2

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Does the creature targeted by Act of Heroism have to be tapped? Does it have to untap to the creature to give it the rest of the effect?

I love Adorned Pouncer and the Angel of Condemnation. Desert's Hold is very similar to Choking Restraint, a card I currently use. If I get a Plainswalker card, then the Djeru, With Eyes Open may be useful. I don't know how good Djeru's Renunununciation is, but it's cheap so I like that. Gideon's Defeat is going straight into my side deck if I get any. I really like Hour of Revelation, I hope I get some. Sandblast only costs 1 more mana than Impeccable Timing, a card I run 4 of, and gives 2 more damage. I may test it out. Solemnity seems like a good side card.

Ambuscade is a slightly more expensive but more flexible version of Rabid Bite. I like Beneath the Sands as it is very similar to Lifespring Druid. I like Frilled Sandwalla as it only costs 1 mana, and I don't have any cards like that yet. Gift of Strength is similar to the Aim High that I have been using and I will need the Act of Heroism/Aim High ruling I asked for above before I can decide on this. Hour of Promise seems rather expensive for what it does (normally I want to be able to use that kind of effect early in the game), but if I got some lands that weren't Basic it may find a use. I really like Life Goes On for being silly. Nissa's Defeat doesn't seem as strong as Gideon's, but it may find a way into my side deck all the same. If I end up playing Deserts I may use Ramunap Hydra. Sifter Wurm is a sexy beast and probably my favourite card. Tenacious Hunter is awesome. 

Although I can't use Market, Farm is a cheaper Divine Verdict, so I have to use it. I love Appeal to Authority, very nice card.

I'm wanting to get into using Equipment cards, and Dagger of the Worthy seems like a decent place to start. 

I like Hashep Oasis and Shefet Dunes for being able to generate Colourless Mana, which means I can summon the Elrazi monster Endbringer, which I like.

I was hoping the last unspoiled rare would be good. Cryptolith Rites was a last day spoiler so I had some hope. Card is trash. :(

Anyway, the commons and uncommons all look pretty strong. Since the commons/uncommons aren't super interesting effect wise my comments are more so about other stuff.

The art on Striped Riverwinder is weird. The serpent looks cool, but looks REALLY out of place. Not sure how I feel.

Ruin Rat is adorable.

I enjoy the flavor text on Granitic Titan

Before you would Overrun, now it is time to Overcome.

Why did they print an uncommon that is almost strictly worse than a common in the last set?

Does the creature targeted by Act of Heroism have to be tapped? Does it have to untap to the creature to give it the rest of the effect?

Nope. If it said "target untapped creature" you would be limited in what it could be used on, but as is this doesn't care what the creature it's targeting.

Nope. If it said "target untapped creature" you would be limited in what it could be used on, but as is this doesn't care what the creature it's targeting.

You mean "target tapped creature", but I know what you mean. Thanks so much.

You mean "target tapped creature", but I know what you mean. Thanks so much.

Yea, thats what I meant. My bad.

Anyway, time to start figuring out possible commander updates. 20 decks. Lets do this.

Edit: Went through the first 5. Again, these are only possible changes. Although some of these cards will be having a home made for them.

Karador: Hour of Revelation, Razaketh, the Foulblooded, Ramunap Excavator, Uncage the Menagerie

Animar: Nimble Obstructionist, Neheb, the Eternal, The Locust God, Scavenger Grounds

Sedris: Razaketh, the Foulblooded, Neheb, the Eternal, Wildfire Eternal, The Locust God, Nicol Bolas, God-Pharaoh, The Scarab God, God-Pharaoh's Gift, Endless Sands

Rith: Neheb, the Eternal, Uncage the Menagerie, God-Pharaoh's Gift, Mirage Mirror, Scavenger Grounds

Sharuum: Angel of Condemnation, Hour of Revelation, Razaketh, the Foulblooded, The Scarab God, God-Pharaoh's Gift, Mirage Mirror

misthollowgriffin.jpgtorrentelemental1.jpg

It was pointed out to me over on another site these two really want to get exiled to make the pseudo eternals

I feel like that interaction is a little too cute and slow to be good. Still, of all the cards Gift is one of the most interesting ones to figure out a use for.

Speaking of, more possible commander updates.

Freyalise: Uncage the Menagerie, God-Pharaoh's Gift, Mirage Mirror, Desert of the Indomitable, Scavenger Grounds

Hanna: Overwhelming Splendor, Solemnity, Mirage Mirror, Scavenger Grounds

Grenzo: Razaketh, the Foulblooded, Neheb, the Eternal, Sunset Pyramid, Ifnir Deadlands, Scavenger Grounds

Iroas: Neheb, the Eternal, Scavenger Grounds

Sliver Overlord: Uncage the Menagerie, Scavenger Grounds

Ezuri: Uncage the Menagerie, God-Pharaoh's Gift, Scavenger Grounds

Archived