[Leaderboard] Season 16 Postseason (Match 1-2)

Rules

- First one to 3 votes or whoever got the most votes by deadline wins.

- Voters must explain their thought process when voting, or else it will be rejected.

- Participants or I reserve the right to contest a vote. (I reserve the right to overrule vetoes/acceptance of votes if need be)

- Card C votes are permitted.

- Winner moves on to round 2.

- Voters will be given reps for each accepted vote post they make.

Deadline: 6/28/2017 @ 6:00 pm HST

Theme: Make a Thunder-Type Xyz Monster

(Konami, y u no make more besides Chidori?)

iU8EggM.png

Card A

Voltic Slasher
Rank 1 | DARK | Thunder | Xyz | Effect

1600/0
Thunder/Xyz/Effect
2 Level 1 monsters
If this card battles an opponent's monster, during damage calculation: You can detach 1 Xyz Material from this card; this card gains ATK equal to half the current ATK of the opponent's monster it is battling. During either player's turn: You can banish this card from your Graveyard, then target 1 face-up monster you control; it gains 1000 ATK until the end of this turn.
ATK 1600/DEF 0

Card B

MgDTTxE.png

Outer God Summanus

Rank 4 | DARK | Thunder | Xyz | Effect

2600/2000

3 Level 4 monsters

If you Xyz Summon this card using a Fusion and/or Synchro Monster, you can use 1 of your opponent's monsters as well. Once per turn, during either player's turn: You can detach 1 Xyz Material from this card, then reveal 1 Fusion or Synchro Monster from your Extra Deck; Special Summon that monster, using fusion or synchro materials from either side of the field. (This is treated as a Fusion or Synchro Summon)

=============

Alright then, go ahead and vote, guys.

Card A is completely generic, and there are no Thunder Rank 1 archetypes (at least, none that are good at it), so see if this card is up to scratch with other Rank 1 Xyzs. Off the bat, this card is almost better than Dullahan, not not only starting with a higher ATK but taking ATK permanently instead of merely weakening other cards. So far, this card only really works up to 3.2k ATK monsters, and that's pretty decent as an option to go into, as most bosses are around that level. The Graveyard effect gives it even more power off the field, allowing you to gain the edge over your opponent's monsters whenever you see fit. Seems a bit strong, but it has no protection and only works during battle, so certainly a nice tech.

Card B's alternate Summoning method seems a bit confusing, but this is the way I understand it: If I use a Fusion and/or Synchro monster on my side of the field as a material, I can then use one of my opponent's monsters as a material for this card's summon. Pretty useful for Level 4 Removal, but seems a bit limited if you ask me. I mean, that would need a boost, if not for the fact that this card is merely a ladder, allowing for non-targeting non-destruction non-banishing removal and plussing straight off of it. Perhaps again a bit restricted, but heck, in Elder Gods or even as a tech, this card would be very useful to use. Flavour points as well. And it can go into Azahoth with more materials.

Tough call, in all honesty. I'm going to go with Card A being a bit too strong for a Rank 1, considering how much it outclasses most other Rank 1s, and so that leaves me with the other option.

Vote for Card B.

Reminder that I do NOT observe DST [at the time of posting, it's 5:59 pm]. But since it's unlikely no one is voting within the next minute, yeah.

Sage won this 1-0, so he goes on to round 2. 

IRS goes to loser bracket (but he gets to wait a while until AEZ vs Sage wraps up).

I will be announcing the round 2 theme shortly after this.

Archived