[INTEREST CHECK] A Norse-themed Kamen Rider RP?

Let Your Voice Be Heard!  

3 members have voted

1. 1. Would you be interested in a Norse-themed Kamen Rider RP?

• Sure; that sounds awesome!
    • Sure; it's an interesting idea.
    • I'm not sure.
    • Not really; it sounds weird.
    • Not really; it doesn't work.
    • I'll have an answer when this is more developed.
    • I don't really care either way.

[spoiler=Unrelated tangent (Skip this if you want)]

Man, I never thought I'd make my own thread on any of these forums ever again. But, here I am.

For the longest time, I've constantly distanced myself from this forum to do more of things that I have come to enjoy. The fact that I'm here making an interest check thread seems a but random, even for me.

Being active in the forums again would be pretty hard considering how much I'm doing now, so....yeah.

Either way, I figured I might as well bring this idea to light, especially if anyone else thought about it before.

So.....this idea has been brewing in my head ever since I first saw a Kamen Rider RP ever be attempted here (which was YEARS ago, to say the least, but those that were around when it happened and we're aware of it might recall it). It all started with me coming up with a random idea for a Kamen Rider that I thought would be interesting since it hasn't been done before.

His name was Kamen Rider Thor, and at the time, there was very little to him, to the point where even I didn't know what to make of him.

However, over the years, I had slowly begun to develop the idea (as I do with a majority of projects that I have a persistent interest in). Eventually, I had reached a point where I figured that maybe this could be something. It could feel as close to being something legit as it was going to get.

And from there, it was just a matter of expanding upon the idea. There's still a LOT to be done about it, but the overall basic idea is there, and could very well be molded properly into a decent concept that can eventually become a full-fledged story.

So....here's what I have gotten so far plot-wise:

[spoiler=Kamen Rider Thor]

In the not-so-distant future of 2021, the Jötunn, giant creatures from world of Norse mythology, have begun to invade the earth, led by the god of mischief Loki, starting with Shibuya. Max Vasquez, a Spanish-American exchange student from the US was at the wrong place at the right time. Having access to a mysterious device on his waist, he would use what is called a "Rideck" to transform into the mighty Kamen Rider Thor against the mischievous god.

Other Riders with similar powers would soon come into the fold with their own purposes and goals. Whether they're on Max's side, only time will tell...

I know, it sounds simple on the surface, but I'm taking a LOT of consideration here for how the story is going, especially considering I'm tapping into the college course known as Norse Mythology. And there's a lot I have planned for this that you might never guess.

One other thing to note. This RP would be done in a vain in which this story would be what's considered to be the end of the Heisei era of Kamen Rider, leading us into a new era somewhere down the line. How I intend to make that relevant, I'm still figuring that out.

For those curious, Ridecks are a combination of the word Ride(As in Rider) and decks(for obvious reasons). The name sounds kinda dumb, but it does kinda fit. They are basically the means of transformation as well as access to multiple forms for each Rider. As per usual, forms are unique to each Rider. In Thor's case, he has his base form, which is based off Blackjack. His other forms would be based off other comparing/gambling card games that are very well known, such as poker and baccarat(which is something I only know about because of Rush Hour 3).

At one point, I talked to Chaos Sonic, another Kamen Rider fan, about this, and he actually brought up the fact that he made his own Norse-themed Rider based off Fenrir. And I thought that would be an interesting idea. What I could see him having are forms based off solitaire, among other one-player card games that exist. After all, there's usually the occasional Rider that's mostly a loner.

Anyway, I think I've rambled on long enough. If any of you find this interesting, let me know. I don't necessarily plan on making this into a full-on RP as I feel there's still a lot I need to figure out so I can right an adaptive narrative based on the characters that end up joining this. Safe to say, I'm a long ways away from this, but it doesn't hurt to see if anyone would be interested in it.

Leave your thoughts in the poll as well if you feel like it. Thanks for giving this a read!

P.S. If there's anything I'm missing at all, mods, let me know and I'll update this accordingly.

At one point, I talked to Chaos Sonic, another Kamen Rider fan, about this, and he actually brought up the fact that he made his own Norse-themed Rider based off Fenrir. And I thought that would be an interesting idea. What I could see him having are forms based off solitaire, among other one-player card games that exist. After all, there's usually the occasional Rider that's mostly a loner.

Did someone call my name? XD

Honestly, when I saw this pop up...I clicked almost immediately. You know my stance on this whole thing...I'm totally in. If only just to make a character (not a YGO Duelist) to just shout "HENSHIN!" xD

I mean, technically, the character you brought to my attention that uses the power of Fenrir seems to be a fitting candidate imo. It would definitely be a better choice for a second Rider than just straight up making a Rider based off Loki. That's the OBVIOUS choice. :P

Though, when I started looking into Fenrir, there was just so much I didn't know, let alone understand about Norse Mythology that this felt like too big of a plate for me to attempt. I'm just hoping there are other Kamen Rider fans out there that love Norse Mythology and possibly help us out here. Cause this is gonna be a slow process with just the two of us. Whether or not I make this into an RP has yet to be seen.

But at the very least, I've made some progress on the gimmick side of things. It might be interesting as to where I take this. But, only time will tell.

I mean, technically, the character you brought to my attention that uses the power of Fenrir seems to be a fitting candidate imo. It would definitely be a better choice for a second Rider than just straight up making a Rider based off Loki. That's the OBVIOUS choice. :P

Though, when I started looking into Fenrir, there was just so much I didn't know, let alone understand about Norse Mythology that this felt like too big of a plate for me to attempt. I'm just hoping there are other Kamen Rider fans out there that love Norse Mythology and possibly help us out here. Cause this is gonna be a slow process with just the two of us. Whether or not I make this into an RP has yet to be seen.

But at the very least, I've made some progress on the gimmick side of things. It might be interesting as to where I take this. But, only time will tell.

Amigo, I'll say it like this...if there were fans of Super Sentai that were on the forum...you know good and well that Kamen Rider fans will be around too. Either way, there are plenty of stuff in Norse Mythos that aren't too well known, but we'll get through it.

Alternatively, the Rideck Driver. The pun off the name and the ideas, now put out further on the card games aspect, are quite amazing.

Archived