A Link Monster that makes monsters into Continuous Spell Cards and later Special Summons them. It also boosts its own ATK for each Continuous Spell Card you control.

data_loader_by_zaziuma-dbeyrne.png

2+ monsters, including 1 Cyberse monster
Once per turn: You can place 1 Cyberse monster from your hand in your Spell & Trap Zone as a Continuous Spell Card. Once per turn, during your End Phase: You can Special Summon 1 monster in your Spell & Trap Zone that is a Continuous Spell Card. Once per turn, during your opponent’s turn (Quick Effect): You can target 1 monster this card points to; place it in your Spell & Trap Zone as a Continuous Spell Card. Gains 200 ATK for each Continuous Spell Card you control.

Tbh. I don't really understand what the point of this card is and when you would make it. It's effect is basicly "Once per turn you can special a cyberse from your hand during the End Phace" which is honestly not worth the 2 monsters it costs. I like the continuous spell gimick. But it doesn't really do anything with it. It goes up to 3100 max. But it will usually reach 2500 max.

And being able to get rid of your own monsters and send them to the S/T zone is also kind of meh if it does nothing... Say your opponent Raigekis you. You're able to send that thing away and not let it get destroyed... and then what? It's stuck in the S/T zone.

I'd say give the monsters effects while they are in the S/T zone. Maybe make it so that if "Data Loader" would be destroyed you can destroy them instead? At least let them do something.

Other than that I really do like the idea.

Tbh. I don't really understand what the point of this card is and when you would make it. It's effect is basicly "Once per turn you can special a cyberse from your hand during the End Phace" which is honestly not worth the 2 monsters it costs. I like the continuous spell gimick. But it doesn't really do anything with it. It goes up to 3100 max. But it will usually reach 2500 max.

And being able to get rid of your own monsters and send them to the S/T zone is also kind of meh if it does nothing... Say your opponent Raigekis you. You're able to send that thing away and not let it get destroyed... and then what? It's stuck in the S/T zone.

I'd say give the monsters effects while they are in the S/T zone. Maybe make it so that if "Data Loader" would be destroyed you can destroy them instead? At least let them do something.

Other than that I really do like the idea.

It's meant to be a delayed Special Summon for free, and is suppose to avoid effects by placing the monsters in the Spell & Trap Zone. And they aren't stuck there, you can just Summon another copy of this card or from the Graveyard (which also makes the left marker work)

I get that it's a free special. But it's so slow that it's almost useless. Why not make it just special from the S/T zone OPT? This has 0 protection/lockdown and 0 OTK power. And because it's so slow that it doesn't really further your plays. Unless for some reason you have something that can Link/Xyz/Fusion/Synchro on your opponent's turn. But if you're playing so many Cyberse. You probably don't. Like, at least make it special from your grave to get back recources.

I get that it's a free special. But it's so slow that it's almost useless. Why not make it just special from the S/T zone OPT? This has 0 protection/lockdown and 0 OTK power. And because it's so slow that it doesn't really further your plays. Unless for some reason you have something that can Link/Xyz/Fusion/Synchro on your opponent's turn. But if you're playing so many Cyberse. You probably don't. Like, at least make it special from your grave to get back recources.

Not all cards are meant to be OTK machines, in fact, I hate that type of design. Besides, Cyberese have other cards that can do protection and lockdown.

It would be cool if it required generic materials to support Crystal Beasts by a bit. Also, at least 1 Point towards the opponent's Zone would be amusing to play it as a disruption card when Summoned in the EM Zone, but I guess you avoided that on purpose.

And summoning another copy to "unlock" the monsters that are stuck in your S/T Zones? You make it sound easy when this requires 3 monsters xD thankfully it can be revived.

I agree with Ninjaskisbae in that the pseudo "Summon 1 Cyberse from hand at EP" is sluggish and I really cannot think of a situation where I would prefer to Summon this over other Link3s like Decode Talker and whatnot.

Oh! how about allowing the Quick Effect to work both ways? Either place a Cyberse on an S/T Zone, or Summon a monster in a S/T Zone into a Zone the monster points to. That way, you can also move an S/T monster into the MM Zone as an emergency defense, and better yet, trigger any on-Summon effects they may have.

It would be cool if it required generic materials to support Crystal Beasts by a bit. Also, at least 1 Point towards the opponent's Zone would be amusing to play it as a disruption card when Summoned in the EM Zone, but I guess you avoided that on purpose.

And summoning another copy to "unlock" the monsters that are stuck in your S/T Zones? You make it sound easy when this requires 3 monsters xD thankfully it can be revived.

I agree with Ninjaskisbae in that the pseudo "Summon 1 Cyberse from hand at EP" is sluggish and I really cannot think of a situation where I would prefer to Summon this over other Link3s like Decode Talker and whatnot.

Oh! how about allowing the Quick Effect to work both ways? Either place a Cyberse on an S/T Zone, or Summon a monster in a S/T Zone into a Zone the monster points to. That way, you can also move an S/T monster into the MM Zone as an emergency defense, and better yet, trigger any on-Summon effects they may have.

Well, not sure about Crystal Beasts, it is suppose to be specific to Cyberse in design and usage.

I dunno, that isn't the design I really was going for, but it does sound interesting to Special Summon.

I hate OTK machines myself as well. But your card just doesn't really progress any win con. And that's what I was getting at, Like this there just is almost no reason to run this in your extra deck instead of other cards because it really doesn't do anything. It doesn't create any advantage. It doesn't do a whole lot of damage. It doesn't lock your opponent. It doesn't disrupt your opponent. You see what I'm getting at now? Your card should always have a reason to be played (AKA advance or create a win con). Otherwise it's a bad card.

Archived