Welcome to Yugioh Card Maker Forum
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account
Photo

[CHQ] Scour the Woods

Deku Sticks The Greatest Alchemist Cherry Heart Skaia

Necrobump!

Guest, the last post on this topic is over 30 days old and a new post will be considered as necrobumping!

• Please log in to reply
57 replies to this topic

Alaina

Alaina

「So that those thoughts won't be lost」

• Topic Starter
  • Mekakushi
  • 1,040 posts
    Last Visit Today, 12:50 PM
  • Alias:Skaia

Agina seemed quite curious about the sunflower they were looking for, only to perk up as she realized that it was instead a sun flower. She hadn't seen one of those in quite some time, but remembered them to be quite beautiful looking. As Deku then brought up the suggestion of bringing her along with the group to go and search the forest together. Clapping her hands together she said, "oh I hadn't thought of that! That does sound like a good plan. Though, I do like wandering the forest myself sometimes. Oh but if a wolf were to eat me that'd be very bad. Hm." She seemed to be seriously considering the two options before nodding and saying, "well if you'd be fine to have me then I'll certainly come along!" 

Fen looked to the other two, and given that they seemed to have no objection, the girl merely nodded back at Agina. Her expression becoming far more enthusiastic she then said, "very good! Well, I suppose I'll help you out first before you help me out. After all, I'm not eaten thanks to you all!" She let out a strangely emphatic chuckle before pointing her staff in the direction that the group said to be going. 

Back tracking across the road, the group then went on to the left path until they were met with a small shrubbery. Beyond that, they'd be able to find the glowing flower that they had been looking for. True to description, it looked to be an ordinary sun flower with petals that glowed like fire. The flowers seemed to be growing atop some kind of moss covered rock, and was not too far a distance away from the group. Before they would approach however, Agina would simply say, "wait." As she did, she pointed to the mass of vines on the ground that had large patches of leaves over top some of them, as if to be concealed, albeit rather poorly. The vines then seemed didn't appear to move, though there were a few areas where the group could see them writhe a bit. "Assassin vines," she stated. "They usually don't live in such large clumps like this, but I suppose the sun flower is super pretty enough that enough wild life is drawn here regardless. if you like your limbs, or living in general, walking on top of them is very ill-advised." Despite the grim message she just conveyed, Agina still seemed to be as cheery as ever.

Fen, however, gulped a bit at the news. Her mind briefly wandered to what kind of uses the vines might have as some kind of side-vegetable, but she quickly shook that off as she realized that getting one would be a not so smart idea. Unsure how to get past them, the girl looked over to her other guild members and said, "so, what do you think we should do?"

OOC

Posted Image

Hakima

Hakima

Advanced Member

• Advanced Members
  • 263 posts
    Last Visit 46 minutes ago

Jīn cautiously surveyed the vines. He had the strangest sense of deja vu, which lead to him believing that Zongshi Wukong must have have run into assassin vines at some point. Getting any information from the Monkey King had proved entirely too difficult that day, though.

Unsure how to get past them, the girl looked over to her other guild members and said, "so, what do you think we should do?"

Jīn flashed what he thought was a disarming smile. “I can get us past this, don’t worry. Watch and learn!” He clapped his hands and rubbed them together, a golden glow surrounding them, and then blew a weak stream of air between his fingers. A wispy trail of gold flowed out, landing on top of the vines, and slowly forming a fluffy golden bridge over top them.

It looked like something out of a storybook. Jīn smiled at the others. “Good to go!”

Accurate Mental Image
Danger Is My Middle Name

Chaos Sonic

Chaos Sonic

Official Typecast Shonen Protag of YCM

• Legendary Members
  • 19,377 posts
    Last Visit 12 minutes ago

-The Punching Bag Wizard-

"Oh I hadn't thought of that! That does sound like a good plan. Though, I do like wandering the forest myself sometimes. Oh but if a wolf were to eat me that'd be very bad. Hm, well if you'd be fine to have me then I'll certainly come along!"

Deku smiled as Agina seemed to take his proposal of her joining the party for the time being to heart and accept it. He figured it would be better for them to stick together, especially if the wolves came back again. And it seemed that the party also had no grievances with her joining for the time being. Besides, Deku thought of it as being a small temporary arrangement here anyway.

"Alrighty! Let's get going!" he chuckled before turning back in the other direction and walked back in the opposite path.

iU8EggM.png

After a while, it was just finally in sight: the Sun Flower that the alchemist had mentioned. The petals on the flower were glowing like fire, true to what the alchemist described to them. "There we go!" he smirked, preparing to move forward towards the flower. "One dow-"

"Wait."

Deku stopped dead in his tracks, hearing Agina say this and he moved back slightly before looking back at the young lady, who immediately moved and showed Deku and the others of Cherry Heart what they were up against now.

"Assassin vines. They usually don't live in such large clumps like this, but I suppose the sun flower is super pretty enough that enough wild life is drawn here regardless. if you like your limbs, or living in general, walking on top of them is very ill-advised."

Ooooof course it can't be that easy. Deku sighed, thinking as he stared at the vines before them. Still...no ghosts throwing up ecto crap...so this is a plus still. he thought with a small nod, before hearing Fen speak.

"So, what do you think we should do?"

He was about to suggest maybe someone using a bit of fire magic if they had any to take care of the vines. Just to be cautious of the Sun Flower there. However, before Deku could suggest it, he saw that Jin created a fluffy golden bridge over the vines.

“Good to go!”

"Okay...that's pretty awesome!" Deku chuckled as he gave Jin a quick thumbs up before starting to move onto the bridge.

Yui

Yui

The Yurricane

• Jack of All Trades
  • 3,431 posts
    Last Visit 17 minutes ago
  • Alias:Yui

qZmlPrX.png

"Assassin vines. They usually don't live in such large clumps like this, but I suppose the sun flower is super pretty enough that enough wild life is drawn here regardless. if you like your limbs, or living in general, walking on top of them is very ill-advised."

"So, what do you think we should do?"

This didn't feel like a situation Lily was very well capable of solving as easily as she would have liked. Assassin vines didn't sound like the type of plants to move over just because a living piece of rock asked nicely. Just walking over them was absolutely a bad idea, as Agina pointed out. Unless someone were capable of flight, getting over these vines wouldn't be an easy task. It was a shame too. That sun flower was quite the sight to behold, and she was sure it had some interesting things to share if someone were capable of hearing it. That and the group's quest demanding they retrieve it put together, Lily couldn't very well just leave this flower alone. In the end, it was Jin who had the idea that got them over the vines. He created a bridge of some sort over the vines, leading them to the sun flower.

“Good to go!”

"Okay...that's pretty awesome!"

"Good job," Lily nodded toward Jin, following Deku onto the bridge. What kinds of things would that sun flower say, she wondered. Was it hot to the touch? It was a plant she'd never seen before, and the chance to see one so soon after learning it existed at all was rather exciting. Lily imagined the others didn't appreciate this opportunity quite like she did. Not everyone could talk to plants after all.

justyui.gif

Alaina

Alaina

• Topic Starter
  • Mekakushi
  • 1,040 posts

Both Agina and Fen were both surprised as Jin created a bridge of golden clouds across it. Fen seemed more amazed the anything else, nodding alongside Deku and Lily's statements. As the boy and the golem started to walk across the cloud bridge, Agina clapped her hands together with a joyous expression across her face. "Excellent my new guild friends! Oh, but be sure to make it quick, they probably won't like you stick around that much." The assassin vines seemed to be really confused by the sudden golden bridge formed across them. The Assassin Vines started to wriggle around the bridges, trying to figure out just what was suddenly above them. Continuing to feel it, and it being mostly nonreactive to the cloud covering, and eventually they settled down.

Once the group reached the end of the path, the would be greeted with the sight of the Sun Flower. Up close, one could actually see the shifting colors resembling fire move across the petals, and both the stem and leaves seemed to give off small flecks of orange and golden light as well. The Assassin Vines began to writhe around, noticing something was atop their hunting ground, and vines started to shift around, starting to shoot out and reach for both the boy and the golem. Fen stared in horror as she started to panic, only for Agina to bluntly say, "oh this is bad." 

Not amused by the obvious statement, Fen said, "o-of course it is! What should we do about it?" 

"Hm." The girl seemed to be pensive before yelling out, "hey Deku! Lily! Don't die!" Content with all she had done, the girl nodded satisfactorily to herself. 

Posted Image

Chaos Sonic

Chaos Sonic

• Legendary Members
  • 19,377 posts

"Oh this is bad."

Deku heard this, along with something shooting out from beneath the bridge, and his eyes widened. He now saw the Assassin vines heading towards him and Lily. How the heck were they going to take care of this?! His fists clenching, he could only recall the exact warning he got previously about these.

"If you like your limbs, or living in general, walking on top of them is very ill-advised."

How in the world are you supposed to take care of something like this without physically striking at it?! Deku thought, moving back some, summoning an orange seal around his feet. "Reflector Burst!" he shouted, suddenly jumping a bit higher than he previously could. Quickly looking back, he landed on the very end of the bridge, teetering on the edge as he tried to regain his balance. "J-Jeez!!" he grumbled, finally getting his footing back, before thinking of something. Wait...Lily...

"I have the ability to communicate with plant life."

That's when he had an idea. "Lily!! Is there a way you can tell the Assassin vines to stop? Or maybe force them, like how you did with those wolves?"

Yui

Yui

The Yurricane

• Jack of All Trades
  • 3,431 posts

qZmlPrX.png

"Oh this is bad."

Lily turned to the sounds behind her. The assassin vines seemed none too happy about Lily and Deku getting close to that sun flower, as they reached out for the pair of them. Deku jumped up, moving himself out of their reach. Lily was not nearly that mobile, and although she was sure a body of stone would fare better with these than one of flesh and bone, she wasn't particularly eager to test that with that many assassin vines. If it were one or two, sure, but that didn't seem to be the case. Deku blurted out basically exactly what she had in mind to get herself out of dodge.

"Lily!! Is there a way you can tell the Assassin vines to stop? Or maybe force them, like how you did with those wolves?"

Predator-like plants are not so great at listening to reason. Or is that just the mana lotus from before and that venus flytrap I met on my way to join this guild? "Most likely," the golem answered, keeping her mental comment about certain types of plants to herself. And speaking of aggressive plants, Lily turned her attention more directly to the assassin vines.

Wither.

Come to think of it, assassin vines would be valuable allies, would they not? An idea bloomed in the golem's head, but for now, she needed to focus on the problem in front of her. Not taking her eye off the vines, Lily commented to the flower behind her, "I hope you do not mind, sun flower, but I will need to take you with me."

justyui.gif

Hakima

Hakima

Advanced Member

• Advanced Members
  • 263 posts

Jīn followed the group across the bridge, smiling, and went so far as to reinforce the bridge with side rails and extra support beams to ensure their safety. “Why are you so upset, little plants?” he wondered aloud, stroking his goatee. The forest was such a beautiful place; surely there wasn’t any reason to be so violent.

As they finally reached the end of the bridge and departed, Jīn felt a shiver down his spine. Sun Wukong’s way of saying that danger was ahead, usually, another way to avoid actually talking to his host. What was the problem. . . ?

He could see the Sun Flower. It was beautiful to look at, flames dancing across the petals in a way that he knew shouldn’t have been possible; a breathtaking fusion of magic and nature. Surely that couldn’t be the danger Sun Wukong had warned him of. “We must exercise due caution,” he warned the rest of the group, only to look around and realize that Deku had already made a move toward the Sun Flower.

Immediately, the assassin vines beneath them began to stir. They slithered up around the sides of the little bridge, through the railings, and grabbed at Lily and Deku. The latter exerted some kind of magical energy that he used to jump high into the air, back onto the bridge, and Lily ignored them and began to work her own magic to try and calm them.

Jīn brought his hands together again, a golden aura surrounding him, and the bridge started to grow more. The gaps between the railings closed, forming solid walls, which began to rise in height until they overtook even Lily in height. Then, they closed horizontally, forming a ceiling. Stray vines wriggled around, still doing their best to lash out at the others, but he had managed to significantly narrow their openings.

Still… it wasn’t perfect. Jīn’s shoulders drooped, and he gasped for air, his hair slick with sweat. He was out of energy for the time being, and he hadn’t extended the tunnel far enough; it protected himself and Agina and Fen, but Lily and Deku were still exposed to attack. “Suh… sorry,” he managed between breaths, “that was… was harder than I thought it would be. Don’t normally do large scale construction.”

Accurate Mental Image
Danger Is My Middle Name

Alaina

Alaina

• Topic Starter
  • Mekakushi
  • 1,040 posts

Before the vines could latch onto Deku, he was already gone and out of their reach. Lily, however, was not so quick on her feet. As the vines began to wrap around the golem's limbs, they seemed to struggle in actually getting anywhere in damaging her. First, some of them started to merely break loose and thrash as their movements slowed and their body turned gray and shriveled. Furthermore, the other vines were finding trouble trying to get to the ones that had stolen their flower. Eventually, there were very few vines left attacking the golem and, as they realized they were attacking stone and not flesh, they had decided their hunt had failed, retreating away from the bridge. "Excellent work! Everyone, excellent!" Agina clapped her hands together in joy as she commended the group for their efforts, vigorously patting Jin on the back for his display of magic. 

Fen looked a bit worried at the girl's actions, and moved over to Jin, offering a hand if he needed saying, "ar-are you alright?" 

However, before he could respond, Agina spoke up once more. "Now, we should probably leave here before the vines realize that their prey is about a stone's throw away. Oh, unless you want to tussle with them. I've never whacked a vine before and you know that new experiences are always a fun thing. But the dismemberment is still a very real possibility."

Fen sighed at the way the girl spoke, but decided to instead look at everyone else saying, "so I, uh, guess we should just go to the next one?" 

"Ah yes! The lemons! Well, the oak is probably on the way, but lemons! Over yonder fellows!" Not waiting for the others to comply, the girl merely marched forward. Fen sighed as she offered to help Jin along if he was feeling too tired. 

Eventually the group was stopped by Agina once again. "Aha! There it is!" Pointing at a tree near the group, they would see that it was an ordinary tree with bark, branches and leaves that didn't seem any bit special. Though, there were familiar looking vines, albeit much sparser then the large cluster they had just run into, hanging from branches near the top of tree. However, as their eyes trailed up, the canopy of leaves that it created was a brilliant azure color that very much stood out from the rest of the leaves around it. "It's a strange tree it is. It actually collects leaves from other nearby trees and places them in more readily available locations so that it can protect its actual leaves. It doesn't really work that well, nor do I know how a tree does it, but it's quite fantastic! Oh, and be on the lookout for vines, squirrels and monkeys. Nasty creatures those squirrels are." 

Posted Image

Chaos Sonic

Chaos Sonic

• Legendary Members
  • 19,377 posts

Deku wasn't sure what happened, if Lily did anything, but the the vines started leaving them alone and even withering some. Still, mission accomplished, they got the sun flower. At the suggestion of Agina, Deku moved as far away from the vines.

"Won't lie...noooooot a huge fan of those things." he huffed a bit, shaking his head some. "Sheesh...vines coming to life and trying to kill us...not cool."

"So I, uh, guess we should just go to the next one?"

"Ah yes! The lemons! Well, the oak is probably on the way, but lemons! Over yonder fellows!"

"As long as there ain't anymore of those assassin vines, we should be fine..." he said, following the group, all the while looking down at his hand. Making a fist, Deku sighed a bit. He had a bit of a rest when he got back from the library quest, but he didn't exactly get enough power stockpiled and ready for this. Jeez...at this rate, I might have to have these guys start waylaying on me... he thought, sliding his hand into his pocket.

"Aha! There it is! It's a strange tree it is. It actually collects leaves from other nearby trees and places them in more readily available locations so that it can protect its actual leaves. It doesn't really work that well, nor do I know how a tree does it, but it's quite fantastic! Oh, and be on the lookout for vines, squirrels and monkeys. Nasty creatures those squirrels are."

Deku looked at the tree and glanced back at the others. "Anyone else wanna try and get the leaves for this? I mean, I could easily get them down...but..." he said, holding up his hand. "I want to make sure I keep at least some of my magical energy at the ready."

Yui

Yui

The Yurricane

• Jack of All Trades
  • 3,431 posts

qZmlPrX.png

"Excellent work! Everyone, excellent! Now, we should probably leave here before the vines realize that their prey is about a stone's throw away. Oh, unless you want to tussle with them. I've never whacked a vine before and you know that new experiences are always a fun thing. But the dismemberment is still a very real possibility."

"Just a moment," Lily interjected, making her way to be reunited with the rest of the group before handing the Sun Flower to Jin. It was just a guess, but he was best suited for carrying it around out of everyone besides Lily herself. While Fen and Agina discussed the next ingredient for Zvesda's potion - lemons - Lily turned her attention to the assassin vines. They were just doing their natural thing in the world. Leaving them withered would nearly be a crime to the golem. As such, Lily squatted down closer to ground level, and extended her arms out toward the vines. She'd have to fix these before leaving.

Be reborn.

Had they died of natural causes, or been dead for too long, odds would be that Lily wouldn't be able to revive a plant. But neither of those were the case at all! Lily always made a point to bring back plants that she killed, since it was otherwise just flat-out murder. As life began to fill the assassin vines again, the golem slowly nodded, and said "I apologize for putting you all through that. I was unsure of your strength, and had to make sure to protect myself. I have heard great things about the strength of assassin vines, and if it is not too much trouble, I would like to ask if any of you would accompany me on future adventures. You will have a chance to see the world, but I must urge that you would have to restrain your violent tendencies."

The response Lily got was... not quite words. More like feelings, straight from the vines. They seemed to be content with this location, and as such were ultimately uninterested in Lily's offer. "I understand. Please enjoy your location then, and try not to get tangled if vines do that."

Now, Lily was ready to get the next ingredient.

The next ingredient, as it turned out, would be the leaves of the azure oak tree. At a glance, it seemed to be any ordinary tree. However, glancing up at it from beneath revealed - alongside a sparse few more assassin vines - glorious azure-colored trees. Agina went on to explain the tree to the group, and the tree's distinct ability to take leaves from nearby trees to protect its own. Fascinating. I may have to return one day to ask this tree about how it takes leaves from other trees. Lily had a number of theories as to exactly why it did this, but wasn't about to prod about it. It seemed like a rather personal subject to discuss with a tree you'd only just met.

"Anyone else wanna try and get the leaves for this? I mean, I could easily get them down...but... I want to make sure I keep at least some of my magical energy at the ready."

Lily was perfectly eager to get her hands on those leaves. It was a very unique tree, distinctly unlike anything she'd ever seen before, and she'd seen some rather interesting plants lately, even by her standards. At the same time, however, her emerald eye shifted its gaze toward Jin. He had helped defend her from the assassin vines, not to mention building the bridge to get over. He was a very capable man, most likely. Lily also couldn't bring herself to the conclusion that the tree would hand over some leaves just because she asked nicely, since clearly it put a lot of effort into defending those very leaves. There was the option of climbing up, but Lily's body was not built for that sort of thing. Humans were much better at that than she was.

"I believe Jin or Fen should retrieve them," Lily suggested. "Whoever is better at climbing trees. However, please be careful not to harm the tree on your way up."

justyui.gif

Hakima

Hakima

Advanced Member

• Advanced Members
  • 263 posts

Jīn studied the tree carefully before he responded. There was nothing that screamed dangerous, outside of the small cluster of assassin vines. Still… something told him that it couldn’t possibly be that easy, not if his previous experiences were anything to judge by. “I will retrieve the leaves, friends,” he assured them finally, flashing what he thought was a friendly smile.

It was actually quite sinister looking, and full of teeth. He never had quite gotten the hang out of facial cues.

Jīn stepped forward and whistled, and after a moment, the canopy above rustled before Peng burst through. The semi-sentient nimbus cloud spun in the air above the group of mages, doing a few flips just to show off, and Jīn laughed. “C’mon, Peng. We’ve got work to do,” the Nimbus Mage said, and the cloud deflated a little bit and calmed down.

With nothing more to say, Jīn launched himself into the air and landed on top of Peng, who overdramatically sagged under his weight. “Come on, Peng,” Jīn murmured. “Watch out for those vines, bud. Yep, the thorny ones. They most likely won’t be happy once we get closer, so be ready to move, alright? … Good.”

Jīn rested his hand on the needle-sized Ruyi Jingu Bang tucked behind his ear, ready to draw if need be, but he was otherwise relaxed as they approached the glowing tree.

Accurate Mental Image
Danger Is My Middle Name

Alaina

Alaina

• Topic Starter
  • Mekakushi
  • 1,040 posts

Fen looked at the tree, marveling it, as the group seemed to deliberate about what they needed to do. As Lily suggested that either she or Jin do something, the girl returned to her senses in the area. "Oh we-well, I mean, I suppose I could." It wasn't as though the girl couldn't climb trees, though she had never climbed one of such size before. And she hadn't been exactly the most useful here so far. The girl stayed at the tree before her, daunting as it was, and could feel it just get taller and taller the more she stared at it. She was being unsuccessful in working up the nerve to climb a tree that Agina seemed to happily mention had many dangers atop it, but all the same if she had to she had to. However, before she started, Jin seemed to happily accept the job. A sigh of relief escaped from her, followed by a bit of surprise at the cloud doing tricks before them. "G-good luck Jin," she called before seeing the man ascend up the tree. 

As he ascended the tree, his journey would be rather uneventful. The vines wouldn't seem to really bother him, instead just slithering around the branches they were on. Small insects seemed to crawling about, without much care to their surroundings. It became clear that the leaves that populated the tree weren't even from the same kind of tree, merely just a smattering from the surrounding trees with no mind to what they actually looked like. As he got to the top, were he to reach out to the leaves, a face would pop out of them. It was a face belonging to a rather squirrel-like creature. The creature stared at Jin for a brief moment, and as it did, it let out a small screech. When it did, four more squirrels seemed to come out of a small hollow in the tree, leaping off of the trunk. While they seemed to be merely falling to their doom, they then spread out their arms, revealing some kind of glider like skin, and flew up towards the man, with the other one dive bombing him from its leaf canopy.  

Posted Image

Hakima

Hakima

Advanced Member

• Advanced Members
  • 263 posts

Jīn spun the Ruyi Jingu Bang in a broad, sweeping arc in front of him, knocking back the squirrels as Peng ferried him back away for safety. “Whoa now!” He assumed a defensive stance with his staff in front of his body to guard him, but stayed on the same level as the squirrels.

“Friends, if you would be able to play the distraction, I can retrieve the leaves,” Jīn told the group assuredly. Peng was fast in bursts, and he was agile, so securing the leaves would prove no problem with a bit of help.

Accurate Mental Image
Danger Is My Middle Name

Alaina

Alaina

• Topic Starter
  • Mekakushi
  • 1,040 posts

With Jin being assailed by the squirrels and asking for assistance, nobody seemed to respond, which Fen realized was probably because they couldn't get into a position to help by themselves. Taking a deep breath to steel herself, Fen nodded before saying, "d-don't worry. I'll, um, help!" Inspiring all the confidence in the world, the girl began to make her towards the tree, the girl looked around trying to find something to grip onto, only to see that it wasn't the easiest tree to climb. Taking in another deep breath, magic started to flow from the girl's hands, creating a cooler air around them as two picks made of ice were formed. Using them, the girl jabbed them into the tree, beginning her ascent, slowly. 

The girl climbed the tree with more ease then one might've expected given her frail looking frame, and when she had managed to get a large distance up, she looked towards where Jin was. Taking one hand off of the ice pick, she generated more ice in her hand, creating a thin looking lance. With one heave, the girl sent it upward, and while it was not really aimed to hit nor thrown with enough force, the squirrels took note of it all the same. With three of the five screeching, they dive bombed towards Fen, who wasn't expecting their sudden burst of speed.  Diving towards the girl, she had no where to go but down, as one of them slammed into her face with a mighty two-pawed kick. The force of the kick caused Fen to jerk downward and in doing so, break her ice picks she was holding on to. With that, the girl began free falling from very high in the tree to the ground. While free falling, the girl began to scream in terror, trying to form another pick to grip on to. Stabbing it into the tree, about halfway through her descent, the girl slowed down as the pick scraped across the tree's trunk, only to then snap and cause the girl to fall once again. 

Agina had been looking up the whole time and merely said, "oh that is also bad." She watched as Fen began to fall to the ground, with the three flying squirrels in hot pursuit. Jin was now only left with two of them, who still seemed to be on guard. 

Posted Image

Chaos Sonic

Chaos Sonic

• Legendary Members
  • 19,377 posts

"Oh that is also bad."

Deku watched as Fen tried to help Jin, only to be attacked by squirrels...and he did indeed wish he was joking when he saw this. Squirrels? First grass wolves, then assassin vines...and now freaking squirrels? What next?

"Dang it..." he grumbled, before having a magic circle appear under his feet. "Reflector Burst!!!" he shouted, jumping up into the air, as high as he could go and caught Fen. Now the down side was the descent. He only knew that he'd be falling...then again, he did his best to hit at least the branches. After all, hitting the branches would definitely help increase his magic well for his Martyr Magic.

"Ow...ow...ow..." Deku groaned, hitting at least three branches with his back on the descent, still holding Fen. Finally, reaching one last branch, he hit it and surprisingly he stayed on it. "oooooooooow...." he groaned, looking at Fen. "Y-You alright...?"

Yui

Yui

The Yurricane

• Jack of All Trades
  • 3,431 posts

qZmlPrX.png

Well, the whole plan with getting the leaves wasn't working out. The squirrels were angry. Fen had fallen from the tree and Deku had to save her. Jin had squirrels of his own to deal with too. Lily would have helped, but he was all the way up there, and Lily was pretty sure the assassin vines near him were a bit out of her magic's reach. Not to mention the three squirrels still coming down toward the group down here. Lily glanced around for useful plants to ward them off with. Grass, bushes, flowers, and the trees of course... nothing really combat-oriented around here, besides those vines she couldn't quite reach. Well, she wasn't going to fight the squirrels, that was for sure. But did that necessarily mean anyone else had to fight them?

Lily turned her attention to the grass. This grass is definitely healthy. A bit shorter than I'd imagine, but this will do just fine. She'd have to make this grass quite a bit taller. Grow. The basic idea was that, if the cover was thick enough, would the squirrels even find them? It wasn't much, but it would have to do for now. In the meantime, Lily made for Deku and Fen, but not before gesturing for Agina to follow as well. Along the way, she took care to face the azure oak the entire way. Perhaps it was a bit late for diplomacy, but at this rate, it was probably their best bet.

"I would like to apologize for my comrades and their... straightforward behavior, azure oak tree," she started, giving a small bow. "We have come seeking your leaves, and I only ruled out asking nicely at first due to past complications with trying to ask plants nicely for parts of them. It was a shortsighted decision, which I regret. If it is not too much trouble, we would like to take some of your leaves, even if it is only a small handful."

If this goes well, that just leaves the squirrels.

justyui.gif

Alaina

Alaina

• Topic Starter
  • Mekakushi
  • 1,040 posts

As Fen continued to fall from the tree, her fall was eventually broken as she was caught by the arms of Deku. While she seemed stunned by this at first, the fall was anything but pleasant the rest of the way down. While she wasn't the one receiving the full brunt of the impacts, she still felt jostled from it all. When the fall had stopped, she looked up to Deku's face, who also seemed to be in quite some pain. A mix of worry and embarrassment crossed her face as she quickly looked away saying, "u-um, thank you. But are you uh, um, alright?" 

"You two!" Agina called out to the duo in the tree. Looking over to the still brimming with enthusiasm visage of the purple haired girl, Fen's eyes were then drawn a bit away to see the large cover of grass that had appeared out of nowhere. The girl gestured for Deku and Fen to enter it, before going into the grass herself, seeming to be amazed by the height and speed at which it grew. Once they were inside the grass cover, the squirrels had made their way down unable to see where their prey was. They, knew that they had gone into hiding in the grass, but all the same, they couldn't see them and this sudden unnatural creation in the middle of their home did not fill them with confidence to go forward. 

Meanwhile, the tree didn't seem all that happy as it said, "hah, of course, only after my beauteous leaves are you? Well, what creature isn't? Though, I can't blame them after all." As it said this, there was a noticeable shake of the foliage overhead. "And after those two brute's scaling of me, well, I have half a mind to drop more than just a vine on you." There was a noticeable pause before it said, "though, I don't think anyone's ever asked me for my leaves before. And those human's groping little fingers didn't remove anything from me. And my word I haven't had those pesky rodents out of me in quite sometime, it is a disgusting feeling having something so homely and uncouth use you for a house. Very well, I have decided." While Jin was busy getting kicked and scratched by some squirrels, he would eventually be able to fight them, forcing them down towards the ground with the other squirrels rather than back inside of the tree. After this, he would notice a few azure leaves had fallen onto Peng. "There you have it, go and spread what joyous beauty I have given you to others in the far corners of the world and make them envious that they could not have leaves such as I do." 

With that, the group would eventually be able to reconvene and leave the area, with the squirrels not tailing them any longer, merely scurrying back up the side of their tree. Lily would be able to hear a, "blast it all!" from the tree as this happened, were she listening. Once it was all over, Agina would then clap her hands together saying, "marvelous work indeed! I knew there was something special about you four from the moment you punched a wolf in the face! Now all that leaves is the lemons! Onward friends!" 

The guild members would begin to trek deeper into the woods. As they did, it would start to become noticeably darker. It wasn't as though the sun was setting at this time of day, merely the cover of trees and leaves was growing ever thicker the further they went in. As they continued to walk, Agina merely said, "did you know there is a one in a thirty six chance when walking through these woods to be attacked by a subspecies of Leopards known as the Whisker? They are quite the sight to behold, or so I've heard as they're very deadly and few that meet them tell the tale." Chipperly continuing her step after letting out that random fact, Agina eventually lead the group to an area that was less populated with trees and near what appeared to be a cave. Near it, was a single bush that had what appeared to be lemons on them. Pointing enthusiastically at them, the girl said, "and there it is! Our mark! And I don't see any natural plants want to dismember or dissect us around! Quite fortunate indeed, isn't it friends!"

As the group began to approach the bush, though, a noise could be heard from the cave. What sounded like human noises of exertion and pain mixed with a feral roar. While this was quite strange, even stranger was the body of a young male being being ejected from the cave, letting out an, "aaaaahhh- ow." As he struck a nearby tree. 

"Alpine!" As she called out the name, another male was flung out of the cave, straight into Agina, causing the two to hit the ground. "Sen! Wow, isn't this lucky!" 

"Agina?" The boy named Alpine called back. 

"Where the hell have you been?" The boy called Sen responded.

"I was traveling with my new friends after I got lost." 

As she gestured to the Cherry Heart guild members he said, "who the fu-" 

"Sen! Now's not the time." As he said this, a large hulking beast made its way out of the cavern. Though its face was ursine in nature and its body was covered entirely in fur, the creature stood on two hind legs. It stood at about nine feet tall, towering over everyone with a body thicker than a human's and arms thicker than its body. 

Fen's eyes went wide as she realized what this creature was. She hadn't ever met one in person before, but from the experiences of her siblings, she was able to identify it. "G-guys that's the eggbear!" As she stated this, the girl got her Guan'dao out, ready to fight the beast. It, in turn did not seem that wary of the fact that its opponents had tripled in number, merely letting out a roar as it began to make its way towards them.

Agina pushed Sen off of her, standing up as she said, "well, isn't this even luckier! What good fortune we've had today." 

OOC

• Yui likes this

Posted Image

Chaos Sonic

Chaos Sonic

• Legendary Members
  • 19,377 posts

"u-um, thank you. But are you uh, um, alright?"

Deku nodded slightly, chuckling a little. "N-Nothing I haven't...d-done before. S-Still, this at least helps...with my magic." he said, before noticing Agnia pointing towards a patch of grass that seemed to come out of nowhere. Moving a bit he and Fen landed into the grass and was then promptly lectured by...the...tree...?

O-kaaaaaaay...not going to lie...stranger than the random ghost in the bottom of the library. he thought, watching this all transpire and them now obtaining the leaves that were needed.

And like that...they were on the road again for one of the last ingredients...

"Marvelous work indeed! I knew there was something special about you four from the moment you punched a wolf in the face! Now all that leaves is the lemons! Onward friends! Did you know there is a one in a thirty six chance when walking through these woods to be attacked by a subspecies of Leopards known as the Whisker? They are quite the sight to behold, or so I've heard as they're very deadly and few that meet them tell the tale. And there it is! Our mark! And I don't see any natural plants want to dismember or dissect us around! Quite fortunate indeed, isn't it friends!"

"Well that's the lemons...now all we need to do is find the Eggbear...whatever that is." Deku said, rolling his right shoulder a bit. "Where do you guys think it might b-"

"Alpine! Sen! Wow, isn't this lucky!"

"Agina?"

"Where the hell have you been?"

"who the fu-"

"Sen! Now's not the time."

"G-guys that's the eggbear!"

Deku blinked a bit at the strange, almost instantaneous timing this had but he looked at the ursine that was now present in the area. He smirked a bit and slammed his fist into his open palm, seeing it making its way towards them.

"Well. I'm a bit more charged up than I was before. And that looks like it could really pack a wallop." he chuckled. "One hit from that might actually help my Martyr Magic quite nicely."

Hakima

Hakima

Advanced Member

• Advanced Members
  • 263 posts
Once Jin had given the leaves away for safekeeping, he chose to remain on the ground, to walk beside the rest of the group. It was nothing compared to what the dragon had done to him just a few days before, but the squirrels had managed to irritate his burns, so he was in some discomfort. Still, he tried his best to hide it from the others and keep his spirit up.

"Alpine! Sen! Wow, isn't this lucky!"

"Agina?"

"Where the hell have you been?"

"who the fu-"

"Sen! Now's not the time."

"G-guys that's the eggbear!"

Jin nodded to her companions, Sen and Alpine apparently, as he pulled the Ruyi Jingu Bang out from behind his ear. “Nice to meet you all! I am Jin, of the Cherry Heart guild,” he said with a broad smile, the legendary staff growing until it was as tall as him, and he spun it around him skillfully, so fast the air whistled.

He could feel the familiar pull of Sun Wukong’s consciousness on his, wanting to take control. He didn’t give into it immediately. “I apologize for anything my Other Me may say or do during the fight, please don’t take it personally!” He warned the rest of the group, and then, he let Sun Wukong take over.

There was an immediate blast of power in the area. A blinding golden aura radiated off of him, his hair and clothes whipping around as if he was in a wind tunnel. His eyes were closed, and slowly, the corners of his mouth turned up in a cocksure grin as his eyes peeled open, revealing a new, molten gold color, something that wasn’t natural. Something that wasn’t mortal.

“Hoohooheh!” ‘Jin’ threw his head back in an odd, booming laugh, so loud that it shook the foliage causing birds to scatter. “Eggbears! A millennium to evolve, and you’re still as much of an eyesore as the last time I saw you! Should we see if you’re still as stupid, too? Heeheehoo!”

Sun Wukong pushed off the ground with one foot, launching himself high into the air and spinning like a top, and came crashing down toward the eggbear with the Ruyi Jingu Bang extended to hit the eggbear while he spun. If the attack was blocked, the force of the collision would explode outwards, sure enough that everyone in the area could feel it.

Accurate Mental Image
Danger Is My Middle Name

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users