[CIBR] Ojama Duo

ZsD39hu.jpg

Ojama Duo
Normal Trap Card
(1) Special Summon 2 “Ojama Tokens” (Beast-Type/LIGHT/Level 2/ATK 0/DEF 1000) to your opponent’s field in Defense Position. They cannot be Tributed for a Tribute Summon, and when an “Ojama Token” is destroyed, its controller takes 300 damage.
(2) During either player’s turn, except during the turn this card was sent to the GY: You can banish this card from your GY; Special Summon 2 “Ojama” monsters with different names from your Deck.

In hindsight, I'm surprise this hasn't come out sooner. Either way, that grave effect is pretty damn nice if I say so myself. It'll only get better with each new main deck Ojama monster we get, and it creates free meatshields in the Battle Phase. That's pretty handy when it comes to Ojama Blue. Who could then search this and Ojama Country, and then Country can just discard Duo to revive Blue and prepare 2 new summons during your opponent's next turn. All in all, pretty nice, albeit you'd probably only play this @ a maximum of 2, since with Links, giving your opponent tokens is a really, REALLY bad idea.

Amusingly, when Link info first hit, I was kinda bemoaning the fact that Link summoning makes using tokens easier. However, the later it gets into the era, the more and more Links come out that are unable to use tokens or are tethered to a specific deck. All that said, I'm curious on whether things will come to a point where this (and, by extension Ojama Trio) can be used again to block zones and people don't have the right Links to get rid of them..

Amusingly, when Link info first hit, I was kinda bemoaning the fact that Link summoning makes using tokens easier. However, the later it gets into the era, the more and more Links come out that are unable to use tokens or are tethered to a specific deck. All that said, I'm curious on whether things will come to a point where this (and, by extension Ojama Trio) can be used again to block zones and people don't have the right Links to get rid of them..

doesnt really matter if 90% of the links dont use tokens we only need a few that stand out

like proxy -> decode or link spider --> proxy already suffice and thats just using mega tins and link strike cards

doesnt really matter if 90% of the links dont use tokens we only need a few that stand out

like proxy -> decode or link spider --> proxy already syffice and thats just using mega tins and link strike cards

True, but it's still early. For now, Link Spider is the most generic Link 1, but if we get one that uses just effect monsters or uses specific attributes that can work with their deck, would they continue using Link Spider?

i dont understand the question since by default you have no choice if there are 0 options available that we cant predict

either way i dont see proxy falling out of favor or other generic link 1/2 monsters not being printed :L

i dont understand the question since by default you have no choice if there are 0 options available that we cant predict

either way i dont see proxy falling out of favor or other generic link 1/2 monsters not being printed :L

Oh of course. I am just making assumptions based on how Konami handled the past few eras. We don't know what we don't know. If Link Spider never gets replaced in decks, all that would mean is this card's token summoning and Ojama Trio will never be good again.

I also somehow mixed up Proxy Dragon and Honeybot. I was about to ask why you were bringing up a Cyberse-specific card XD

Archived