The Mushroom Kingdom

Sorry I haven't been around for discussion, I took off for over a week but back now!

Had a Gamecube don't anymore

I'm sorry for your loss, my friend. That's one of my favorite consoles and I'd hate losing mine. 

Especially since my Wii broke...

The thing that sucked about my Wii breaking was I was almost done 100%ing Super Smash Bros Brawl. I literally got all the trophies and had 799 of the required 800 stickers you needed for the last trophy.

ONE STICKER.

I farmed over 30 times and never once got it...then the Wii died.

I do have the memory on my Wii U but I think the window passed.

*cracks knuckles* In no particular order....

N64

Sega Genesis

Sega Dreamcast

Playstation

Playstation 2

XBox

Gamecube

Playstation 3

XBox 360

Wii

Playstation 4

Gameboy Advanced

Gameboy Advanced SP

Nintendo DS

PSP

Nintendo 3DS

And because of my dad having it in the workshop...an Arcade cabinet running the MAME software.

You and VCR got an impressive spread. I'll never own a Microsoft console, but I like their controllers a lot. 

Take a Playstation 4, 360 Controller, and Nintendo's IPs to make the perfect console.

Although my personal favorite controller is the Nintendo Gamecube's. Just feels incredibly right with the control sticks and button resistance, and holding it feels right.

If anyone wants to list their favorite controllers, feel free to weigh in!

(unless yours is the Dreamcast, then you're wrong).

Thanks for joining, Shradow! OP should be fully updated in a bit.

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Sorry I haven't been around for discussion, I took off for over a week but back now!

I'm sorry for your loss, my friend. That's one of my favorite consoles and I'd hate losing mine.

Actually not exactly loss. I had a Wii and so I sold the Gamecube to my cousin cause I figured if I didnt use it someone could.

Also I agree. While I didn't have a ton of Gamecube games I think overall the Gamecube is my favorite console.

Actually not exactly loss. I had a Wii and so I sold the Gamecube to my cousin cause I figured if I didnt use it someone could.

Also I agree. While I didn't have a ton of Gamecube games I think overall the Gamecube is my favorite console.

Ah yeah, makes sense if your Wii still works. I thought about doing the same back then, but I guess it worked out since my Wii crapped out.

I liked the color scheme too, I'd love it if the Switch got a retro skin like this:

BahF4rz.jpg?1

All the consoles I currently have:

GBA & SP

DS

3DS

SNES

N64

Gamecube

Wii

Wii U

Switch

Xbox

Xbox 360

PS2

PS4

And I used to have a Sega Genesis when I was a kid.

Wow, nice spread. Did you decide to have one Microsoft or Sony console at a time and that's why you had a 360 then a PS4?

For any Xbox users, I'm curious what drew you to it? If I'm honest, their gaming library never intrigued me that much. You could get most good titles on both it or Playstation and then Playstation has all these IPs like Uncharted, Kingdom Hearts (though 3 will be on XBone), DMC, Little Big Planet, etc.

From what I can think of, I can only think of Halo as being a good, exclusive Microsoft IP. 

One other game that looked interesting was Sunset Overdrive. Which makes sense since Insomniac made it and now they're making that freaking dope Spider-Man game next year. That game is the answer to all my prayers for a great Spider-Man game. It'd be my most hyped game this year if it wasn't also for:

Mario Odyssey

Metroid Prime 4 and Samus Returns

Dragon Ball Fighterz

South Park Fractured But Whole

Shadow of Colossus remake

In retrospect, great E3 this year.

For any Xbox users, I'm curious what drew you to it? If I'm honest, their gaming library never intrigued me that much. You could get most good titles on both it or Playstation and then Playstation has all these IPs like Uncharted, Kingdom Hearts (though 3 will be on XBone), DMC, Little Big Planet, etc.

From what I can think of, I can only think of Halo as being a good, exclusive Microsoft IP.

Basically that.

Honestly for me it's that I had an Xbox when I was younger, enjoyed it, was used to it, didn't particularly trust the PS3, so I went 360.

Similarly I didn't like the XboxOne and PS4 seemed to be better in all the ways.

In all honesty, the 360 was overall the best system of its generation. I've got a soft-spot for Nintendo, but I think our library of games for the 360 is among our biggest; a LOT of great games were released for it, and it's no wonder than anyone would have it. It was really good.

The XBone was a much different story. I got mine on a sick black-friday sale that came with the Halo anniversary collection, and I have played Halo 5 on it. But, it's library of good games is just... really lack-luster. Granted, there are still some games you can get for it, but it mostly lies in Halos, the Rare Replay collection, Re:Core if you think you'd like that, etc. I don't regret getting mine, but I really do hope some better games come out in the future.

And also, it's not like XBox really "drew" me to it. If there's games I like on a system, I'm likely to get it, and as few as there are there still are some games I like on the XBone.

I played my 360 almost entirely for JRPGs, oddly enough. Most of my gametime on it was stuff like Blue Dragon, Eternal Sonata, and Tales games.

And I just didn't get an Xbone because it has almost no exclusives that appeal to me. Sunset Overdrive is the only one I can think of at the moment, since Scalebound was unfortunately canned. I'd love to get a PS3 one of these days, there's a fair amount of games I never got to play by not getting one, such as Ni No Kuni, Demon's Souls, and the various Ratchet & Clank games.

The only reason I want an Xbox is to get Tales of Vesperia. Unfortunately, while it did get a PS3 port, it was Japanese-only, so the only option Westerners have of playing it is through the Xbox. I've been hoping it gets a Steam release, but no cigar. I have played Halo a couple times with friends, and it was cool, but not really by itself a reason for me to get the console.

So yeah, solid Playstation fan here, but even more-so a Nintendo fan.

Archived