Fire Emblem: Soul of Heaven [OOC/Not Accepting/PG-16]

KvEwxcg.png?1

IC

The continent of Crijalla is no stranger to war and strife, nor is it to heroes and legends. The nations that live within this small stretch of land, no matter the peace time they are in, always find themselves to be brought to war. Whether for Gold, for Glory, or for Gods, the people of this continent are brought to war time and time again. Because of this, the people of each nation must always focus on the fights yet to come as opposed to the small ones across their lands. With bandits and monsters alike prowling the lands, it is no surprise that bands of freelance workers have begun to appear. And though the continent is in its time of peace, help is still required of them. 

This is no different from a small and relatively recent band of mercenaries, The Iron Falcons, built from people of all kinds of ilk. And though they are merely small time freelance fighters, they may end up finding themselves in something much grander than they had bargained for. 

[spoiler=Rules]
  •  
  • Both basic Forum and RP rules apply to this as this is both a basic and rp thread.
  • Not really sure how you could attempt to be overpowered with how stats are here, but if you figure out how try not to do it. 
  • As this is a Fire Emblem RP, attacks you land and dodge will be entirely determined by RNG (obviously with your stats factoring in to sway this rng towards or against your favor.) So you won't know the result of your action when you post, unless you ask me prior to posting it. 
  • If you are joining this try and stay active. Generally you'll be given a week to post, and if you don't post in that time frame I will move on or have things happen without you. If you don't post enough I will eject you from the RP. 
  • I reserve the right to add or subtract any characters that I see fit. 

[spoiler=Important Information]
The Database
Basically everything you'll need to know about how combat is run, the setting you're in and what other gameplay elements there are to choose from is all located in here. It is a lot of reading, I am aware, and I apologize for that as I don't know how else to convey all this information out of a giant text dump. So be sure to read it. 

[spoiler=Map]
The world map we'll be working with.
It might not be entirely to scale, but that's pretty much a general outline for how the world is set up. Another note is that other small villages and towns exist across Crijalla, beyond the ones shown on the map, they are just not of great importance and thus not put there so feel free to make any up if you feel like it. 

[spoiler=The Iron Falcons]
As was stated above, the Iron Falcons is the Mercenary Group of which your character is a part of. The Iron Falcons have been in business for around 5 months by the start of the RP, and so your character will have joined at any point during these 5 months. It is accepting of people of all nationality, classes and any non-evil background. Lead by the young male, Leon Sofae, they are a group who mostly go around dealing with small time bandit and monster problems, and getting a small bit of finances from doing so. They are relatively unknown outside of their local area. They all live in one company building, which is little more than one refurbished outpost that has, prior to the Falcons, been abandoned. 

[spoiler=App Format]
Note: Each player will only be allowed one character at the start of the RP and only if I feel like they've earned it and we are at an appropriate place to add more will more characters be added.

Identity Information
Name: First and Last Name here.
Birthplace: Where are they from? Give the country and note if they're from one of the major cities/clans or not. 
Appearance: Spoiler this. Either a picture and height/weight. Please be sure to notate any difference between your character and the image provided. Otherwise a paragraph or two of descriptive text will suffice. 
Personality: Spoiler this. One paragraph minimum. Tell me what your character is generally like and how they interact with others, and any other quirks or habits you feel like putting here.
Biography: Spoiler this. Two paragraphs minimum. If you need clarification on locations or stuff, just ask. Write out who your character was and explain how they ended up joining the Iron Falcons and when. 

Combat Information
Class: Choose from one of the base classes listed in the database. Include what type of weapon you use if you are a class that has access to multiple types. While I don't mind if more than one person is the same class as someone else, I also would ask you be mindful of what others have chosen. List Found Here.
Affinity: (Fire, Water, Thunder, Wind, Earth, Light, Dark)
Stats: Spoiler this. Use the E through A system listed in the database to figure out what your distribution is going to be. Remember, these are mostly to determine your growth rates, with some slight variance on your base stats. List Found Here.

• HP - Health
  • Str - Physical strength
  • Mag - Magical aptitude
  • Skl - Accuracy/Crit Rate
  • Spd - Attack Speed/Avoid
  • Lck - Avoid/Hit/Critical Evade
  • Def - Physical defense
  • Res - Magical resistance

Inventory: Just start with two weapons that your class can use and one item. List Found Here.
Other Information
Optional. Put whatever. Like trivia, musical theme, or whatever else. If your character has a mount, any information on them goes here.

Identity Information
Name: 
Birthplace: 
Appearance: 
Personality: 
Biography:

Combat Information
Class: 
Affinity:
Stats:

• HP - 
  • Str - 
  • Mag - 
  • Skl - 
  • Spd -
  • Lck - 
  • Def - 
  • Res - 

Inventory: 
Other Information

[spoiler=The Company Leader]
Identity Information
Name: Leon Sofae
Birthplace: Aeora. Faeus.
[spoiler=Appearance]
eBiU4l2.jpg
5'8". 165 lbs. 

[spoiler=Personality]
While one would expect a rough and forceful leader for such a ragtag group that is the Iron Falcons, Leon far from that, being mostly only leader in name. A young man who is constantly plagued by indecision, often times not being able to make large choices on his own and deferring to the opinions of those around him, as opposed to his own thoughts. This is only accentuated but an outward, almost defeatist type attitude, tending to sigh or get more apprehensive whenever a situation seems to remotely go sour. Despite this, he seems very reluctant to actually ever stop something that he has started. Whether it be a simple job he's taken, or merely a fight against a single opponent, he generally won't stop unless it is truly that dire or is he urged by those around him.

With other people he tries to come off as both amiable and approachable. While he is not overly friendly, tending to keep a neutral expression across his face, he always tries to appear open to any concerns or problems that others might have, and work towards taking care of them. He tends to be very guarded about himself, being someone easy to get along with but hard to know. He is outwardly very level-headed in taking insults and or provocation, either waving them off or simply stating them to be true, though tends to take those things to heart in an effort to improve himself. 

[spoiler=Biography]
Leon comes from a family that is quite notable for their services towards the standing army of Faeus. Each member of the family is expected to go into service of their country in some way. Whether it be through studies or through combat, they are each trained to meet such challenges. Leon found himself unable to meet these expectations. Despite his best efforts in trying to learn either magic or the way of the sword, the boy always seemed to fall short of his father's expectations. After awhile, the act of learning started to become all the more discouraging to the young boy, and soon he stopped attempting to try and live up to these expectations. Shirking on his practice and merely letting his skills atrophy, the boy got into numerous fights with his father. It wasn't until one particular bad fallout between them that the boy eventually just up and left the city of Faeus with nothing but his sword by his side. 

Living by himself was quite difficult to begin with, and the wilderness proved to be a place where the boy found no more answers as to what to do with himself. It wasn't until he happened upon a caravan in trouble from bandits that it came upon him. Helping the people out, they then paid him for his services, leaving the boy confused as to the exchange that happened. This continued to happened as he trekked across the land of Aeora, before he had finally decided to create a business out of it. Starting his mercenary band, The Iron Falcons. While it was just himself to begin with, through his work he found others either like himself or merely wanting to join in on the job, and from there the Falcons grew. 

Combat Information
Class: Mercenary. 
Affinity: Water.
[spoiler=Stats]

• HP - C
  • Str - C
  • Mag - C
  • Skl - B
  • Spd - C
  • Lck - C
  • Def - C
  • Res - D

Inventory: 

• Iron Sword 
  • Iron Sword 
  • Vulnerary

Other Information

[spoiler=Roster]
Leon - Skaia

Rona - CowCow 

Aleithe - Nai

Ada - Black

Layne - Kayden

Raynor - Sai

Susanoo - Hakima

[spoiler=Timeline]

5 Months Ago
Leon starts his sellsword work officially. 

4 Months and 17 days ago
Leon comes across an injured Wyvern Rider and tends to her wounds. This Wyvern Rider turns out to be Rona and she joins Leon in his work. 

4 Months
Running into the duo in the middle of the their job, Aleithe then asks them about their work and decides to join them. 

3 Months and 29 days ago
The trio decides on a name for the group. Given the two winged members of the group Leon decides to name it something flight related, but Wyvern and Kinshi didn't seem like right words to use for their group. Thus, Iron Falcons is decided upon. 

3 Months and 19 days ago 
The Falcons run into a Yonan Archer in her travels, being beset upon by monsters. After aiding her, she decides to offer her services up to the group, increasing the number to 4. 

2 Months and 27 days ago
The Iron Falcons guard a caravan, and are soon beset on by monsters. Being aided by a wayward Shaman, Leon thanks her for her help. After a small chat with her, despite his wariness towards Jourans and Dark Magic, alleviated by Rona's extended company, he eventually accepts Ada into their ranks. 

2 Months ago
The group is approached, in their headquarters, by a wayward cleric who seems to be interested in their cause. With the healer both being useful and unsure how else to react to this strange forwardness, Layne is accepted into the Falcons. 

1 Month and 7 days ago
Having traveled to a town to defend it from an oncoming monster attack. The group runs into a very Yonan looking Aeoran girl when they reach an inn, and through a very strange conversation and trial run, Chitose ends up joining the ranks of the Iron Falcons. 

11 days ago
On their way back from a job, the Iron Falcons are approached by a red-haired girl who seemed to be very eager to join their cause. After demonstrating her worth and showcasing a skillset that was different from the others, she is admitted into the Iron Falcons. 

[spoiler=Fluttershy]

luMTldo.png

"Okay...cute monster...don't hurt me monster...ack!"

Identity Information

Name: Yue Li [黎月 Li Yue, Li as in Black, Yue as in Moon]

Birthplace: Youduon tribe, Yon'lou

[spoiler=Appearance]

GuX3Cph.png

Art by 満水@:Q

Height: 5'5"

Weight: 120 lbs

With her slim figure, long silver hair, and pale eyes that seem to glance beyond the person they're looking at, Yue gives off the impression of a fairy or ghoul. To honor her family name, she wears black, but the clothing seems to only accentuate her otherworldly aura.

[spoiler=Personality]

Being from a tribe that values the darkness, it's little surprise that Yue herself is rather quiet and demure, and has a hard time handling loud and flashy people or places. However, when not caught off guard, she can be a bit of a chatterbox herself, especially around friends. Yue knows she lets her fear conquer her too much, but she feels like that is just something she can't change. She forgets about the few instances where she does show assertiveness, but those times are rare indeed. When put under too much stress, she shuts down. However, the few times she gets angry she becomes a ball of rage, known for her stone-cold stare.

Yue has a hard time following orders sometimes. You could call her a rebel, but it's more just that she does her own thing, independent but not on purpose. She has a hard time saying no to somebody when they ask her to do something, but if she's uncomfortable or scared with what she has to do, she has a tendency to flee or avoid the problem rather than confront it. This, coupled with her crippling shyness, can cause problems for others.

Rather empathetic, Yue believes in the power of kindness. That there is always a reason for others' actions, even if they are cruel to her, it could be that they are having a bad day. This partly stems from her upbringing and her association with a rather gruff old man named Chen Fa. Despite his grouchiness, he was kind at heart, and while Yue doesn't believe that everybody is like him, she does think that there are many forms of kindness, and that we just have to recognize them. She can be a bit of a worrywart when it comes to her friends, but when it's pointed out, she tends to retreat into herself.

Despite being uncomfortable around other people, she's completely fine with animals. Yue's a little bit of a flora and fauna nerd. When asked about either, she can babble on for hours. This includes monsters, who she is especially fascinated with. Her ultimate goal is to befriend a monster and take it along with her as a companion, though she holds little hope of that actually happening. She is also quite used to being outdoors, and prefers it to being indoors. From her time in the forest, she has learned to rely on her instincts, and can even survive by herself in the wilds for months on end.

Yue doesn't really care if somebody can use dark magic or is a shaman, but it does remind her a bit unpleasantly of her past. She is also rather curious about the other tribes, particularly the Balazeng tribe of Wind.

[spoiler=Biography]

Born and raised in the Youduon tribe, also known as the Tribe of Darkness, to the village chief, Li Keung (as in Cosmos), and his wife Li Ling (as in Soul), Li Yue was expected to become a shaman just like her father, due to her moonsilver hair. However, she showed little interest in that, though she did take to heart the values of the tribe. Still, she did not find her calling in any of the common professions of the village, but instead in the bow.

Yue would often go exploring in the Halar Woods near her village. She decided that she would learn to hunt and went to one of the few that knew how to use a bow in the village. Chen Fa (as in ancient and to send) was actually a former member of the Balazeng Tribe of Wind, who had moved to the Youduon tribe for reasons unknown to Yue. He generally kept to himself, and was in short, a cantankerous old man, but he knew how to wield a bow. Gathering her courage, Yue asked him to teach her, but he refused, saying that he would not teach a Wind art to a Dark child.

However, Yue was persistent, and her genuine desire to learn won him over after multiple tests. At this time, Yue had just turned eleven years of age. Under his tutelage, she explored the forest to her heart's content, defending herself when needed. However, after seven years, he was killed in one of the numerous monster attacks, and Yue decided to flee the village, unable to bear staying there any longer. She arrived at Enta, where she stayed for a few weeks before departing, almost stumbling over the Iron Falcon base in her wanderings.

Yue decided to join after hearing about their goal, believing it to be a good one, though she hopes to find a friendly monster in her travels.

Combat Information

Class: Archer

Affinity: Dark

[spoiler=Statistics]

HP - E

Str - C

Mag - C

Skl - A

Spd - C

Lck - D

Def - D

Res - D

[spoiler=Skills]

• Flanking Shot: Deals +2 Damage to targets that are adjacent to your allies.

Inventory: Iron Bow, Bronze Bow, Vulnerary

Other Information

[spoiler=Opinions]

• Leon - I don't think he fully realizes what he's capable of, or what he does for people. The Iron Falcons is a good thing, and so far, it has lived up to its goal. Whenever he sighs, I wonder if he'll decide to disband the group. Maybe next time I see him, I should say "good job!" Ha...he'll probably laugh that off, though.
  • Rona - I really admire her courage. I wish I could be more like that, but I'm too much of a coward. *sighs* If only I could be super brave like her. Maybe if I talk to her more, her courage will rub off on me...?
  • Aleithe - I used to be...scared of him. But now not so much. Now I've realized...he's a lot like Chen Fa, isn't he? He wants us to do our best, to be the very best we can be, because he believes in us.
  • Ada - She doesn't really talk much, at least to me, and I'm fine with that, but I know I shouldn't be. A shaman...whenever I see those robes I can't help but be reminded of back home and my father's expectations. I don't even know how I should act around her...so I avoid her.
  • Layne - He's...a little loud. Not at all like I was taught to behave, or even how most of the tribe back home acted. I guess this is what Chen Fa meant about the tribes being really different. Are all those from Tencheang like this? That's pretty interesting. I want to talk more to him, but...well, I'm a little scared he'll be loud again.
  • Chitose - I don't really know what to feel about her. She seems nice, and also mature, but also a little distant, which kind of reminds me of Leon. Maybe I should try to talk to her more in that case. Oh! I know! Maybe I'll see if she likes monsters, too. Or animals. That might be a better first step...
  • Cassia - She seems friendly, but there's something about her...that's a little scary. She reminds me of a fox, and not in a good way, but in a "I'm a naughty bunny-eating scamp." I hope she doesn't decide to eat Chang'e...

[spoiler=Trivia]

• Theme Song: Shy Heart
  • Has a tendency to collect wild animals that she finds. Her latest one is a small white rabbit she's named Chang'e, who despite his feminine name, is actually a male and quite a naughty beast.
  • When she gets nervous she starts to stutter.
  • She sings like a Disney princess, but she usually only feels comfortable enough to do so around animals.
  • Despite being a good hunter, she has a hard time taking down animals. Interestingly enough, she has less compunctions against taking human lives.

Interest Check has been converted to OOC with all your world building, stat knowing, game playing information you need, in addition to the leader of the mercenary band your characters will be apart of. 

So that things don't get too crazy for me from the get go I have decided to make this limited acceptance for the time being, only allowing seven others in at the start of the RP. This is not to say that newer people can never join, but if people continue to show interest then as the story progresses I'll see about letting others in on the RP. 

If you have any comments, questions or concerns that you want to point out to me, feel free to. 

Also I'll probably have a skype chat going, so if you want in on that just message me over skype or ycm and I'll add you. 

It should have multiple tabs on the bottom of the spreadsheet to switch to other weapons/items. Otherwise it's otherwise incomplete just so there's no confusion on what your starting gear is going to be and will be updated as time goes on.

Also, I forgot to add Affinity to the app, and thus it has been added.  

[spoiler=WIP Quiet Darkness]Name: Ara Isuna

Birthplace:

[spoiler=Appearance]

[spoiler=Personality]

[spoiler=Biography]

Class: Shaman

[spoiler=Stats]HP: D

Str: C

Mag: A

Skl: D

Spd: E

Lck: C

Def: C

Res: D

Inventory:

-Dusk

-Shade

-Vulnerary

[spoiler=Miscellaneous]Level Up Quote: "... Everything counts..."

Good Level Up Quote: "Stronger... I must get... Stronger..."

Bad Level Up Quote: "..."

Retreat/Wounded Quote: "I... I can't take much more... I'm sorry..."

Death Quote: "... Nothing... But darkness..."

Battle Theme:

Shaman makes me happy  
[spoiler=Ada, Student of Duality]Identity Information
Name: Ada Edelbern
Birthplace: Vjorsovol
Appearance:
Standing at about 5'4" and weighing in at 105lbs, Ada is a rather petite girl, with a small b-cup bust. Her pale violet hair falls to about the middle of her back when she lets it down, but she normally keeps it in a bun for ease of movement. Azure eyes shine together with her porcelain skin. However, her pale complextion lends itself to horrible sunburns, which leads to her wearing traditional shaman robes during day-to-day life in attempt to ward off the harmful rays. She has a tome on her hip at all times for the sake of study. Casual attire tends to be a nightgown and slippers, in the interest of freedom that the robes don't offer. She can often be seen running around camp at night in this attire. 

Personality:
Like most shamans, the usage of dark magic doesn't denote a personality type for Ada. She believes in hard work above all else, often electing to use her free time to further her study of the ancient magic she uses. Between her squirreling away and dark robes, people tend to believe that she's a bit withdrawn, though it's not the extent that people believe. She greatly enjoys a chance to talk to her companions. Ada can also be rather stubborn, such as when she neglects to mention that she's overheating in her robes and being in danger of passing out. When she forms a bond with someone, she often begins to pick on them in an innocuous manner, though she often goes too far in an attempt at being playful. At the end of the day, Ada can be bright and peppy with the Iron Falcons, but she otherwise holds her tongue unless she feels it is of dire importance.

[spoiler=Biography]Ada was born in a small village just outside of Vjorsovol to a pair of farmers. Her father, Adelmo Edelbern, was a mercenary from Aeora with decent skill in Anima magic. He came to Vjorsovol to test himself as a mage. He found he barely had enough might to make it into the city, much less make a name for himself. However, he met his future wife, Skadi Hagen. While Skadi had only a rudimentary understanding of magic, she enjoyed learning from Adelmo, excited by the prospect of it and what it could do for her family of farmers in the cold north of Crijalla.

As time went on, the duo spent the next few years improving the quality of the Hagen family farm, the two fell in love with one another, resulting in the birth of Ada, as well as a boy, Frey, and a girl, Hel, twins. The three siblings grew up happily and healthily, despite the fact that other farms had begun adapting to Adelmo's efforts, causing their own revenue to slowly decline when Ada was about 9 years old. Adelmo used these trying times to teach his children of the magic he had at his disposal, as well of stories of his time as a mercenary. Ada's eyes would widen with wonder as her father spoke, always ignoring his warnings at the end of his tales: Do not become a mercenary. It is a hard and trying life.

Whenever she had a chance, she would steal away to poor over his magical texts and tomes, trying to learn the magic her father told her about, to no avail. In her frustration, she read every spell she could, letting her childish anger run wild. She cried and gnashed her teeth as tome after tome failed her, until she happened upon one magical book that didn't fit in with the others. As she sniffled and cleared the tears from her eyes, she opened it... and the text clicked in her mind. She ran to her father to tell him of her victory, but Adelmo hesitated.

The dark tome she held was one he had intended to dispose of. He had met many dark magic users before, but the stigma that Aeora had instilled in him was deep. He nervously asked his daughter to show him her ability, secretly hoping she was mistaken. He asked her to destroy a signpost near the edge of the property, praying. The sign was gone instantly. Ada had destroyed it with her magic. Adelmo's heart sank, his own daughter was a practicioner of that wicked art... But when his daughter turned around and looked at him with that joyous face, his fear broke. She wasn't a monster. She was Ada. She just had a different talent from him.

Over the next 8 years, Adelmo and Ada worked hard on her magic, but as he came to accept the magic he had been taught to hate, Ada's own resolve began to waver. Her magic couldn't manipulate the elements like her father's. She couldn't build with her power. She could defend against monsters, of course, but that didn't increase prosperity. She wanted to change that. She began to work hard at odd jobs, earning enough money to buy any tomes she found floating around Vjorsovol. Any time she wasn't working, she began to stay in her room, poring over any tomes to learn about the ancient magic as much as possible. But even an important city like Vjorsovol couldn't sustain her forever. She decided it was her time to study the world.

At the age of 17, Ada came home in a set of traditional robes, beaming. She announced that she had been saving up money and planned to go to Krosav to study at one of the academies of magic. Adelmo insisted that he accompany his firstborn, but she turned him down, asking him to watch over the rest of the family, in case of a monster attack. Reluctantly, the father let his daughter leave, with tears in their eyes as the two embraced for the last time, before Ada left her home.

Upon arriving in Krosav after an uneventful journey, she set out to join an academy, but none would accept her. Her style was crude and unrefined, and the funds she had worked so hard to save were less than a 5th of what was required. She may have been naturally gifted in the ways of dark magic, but she was no genius. No one would be willing to waive the tuition for a farm girl that thought she knew how to sling a spell or two.

Dejected, Ada considered going home to her family, but she couldn't bear letting them down... letting herself down. So she decided to earn money for the family her own way, and maybe she could set some aside for her education as she did. She would follow in her father's footsteps and become a mercenary.

But that was easier said than done. The next two years saw her drifting across the continent, working many odd jobs, just like back home, in order to simply get by. Much like the academies, no one wanted a shaman without formal training. She also learned of the deep hatred that many held for her magic, electing to keep it quiet unless there was a need to make it known. Even some villagers she saved with her magic rewarded her with stones. The bright young girl known as Ada began to withdraw into herself during these times, becoming even more given to quiet study than she already had been. At least her family would value her actions at the end of the day, and she wrote them at least once a month, updating them on a ficticious academy life. The guilt gnawed at her, but the desire to become what she told them she would... to help her family and the farm kept her strong.

As she attempted to ward some monsters off from a caravan in Aeora, she managed to cross paths with the newly formed Iron Falcons, who had accepted a request for the job she was doing in secrecy. She reacted with fear as they happened upon her casting her dark magic, but was pleasantly surprised when the leader of the group didn't react negatively, as she was accustomed to. After a brief conversation, mostly on the leader's end, she decided to join up with the Iron Falcons. She currently makes more than she did before, if only by a bit, as well as being part of a group, meaning her expenses have gotten slightly cheaper, and her pay has gone up, so she can successfully send money back home while also setting some aside for academia.

Combat Information
Class: Shaman
Affinity: Wind
Stats:

• HP - C
  • Str - C/D
  • Mag - B
  • Skl - C
  • Spd - B
  • Lck - E
  • Def - C
  • Res - D/C
  • Base/Growths

Inventory: Shade, Dusk, Vulnerary

Other Information

• Her younger brother, Frey, is skilled with anima magic, like their father, but he resembles their mother, with light violet hair, deep purple eyes, and a pale complexion.
  • Her younger sister, Hel, loves swinging around an axe, and she resembles her father, with dark brown hair, azure eyes, and a tan complexion.
  • She sometimes swaps the tome on her hip for a romance novel. Her favorite is called "The Lascivious Laguz".
  • Theme

Interactions

• Leon: She appreciates her employer for accepting her, but if she knew of his lazy actions in the past, she would be cross with him.
  • Rona: She took note of how she seemed to be interested in her magic when Ada first met the Iron Falcons, but she's somewhat put off by the brash persona she puts forward. Wants to dig into why she lit up.
  • Aleithe: She admires how hard-working he comes across, but wonders if there's more to it than his slightly harsh demeanor. Would go nuts if she found out he was a book nerd.
  • Yue: Ada wants to approach her so she can ask about her tribe and its dark magic, in an attempt to learn something new about her abilities, but she always opts out of asking due to Yue's colder demeanor.
  • Layne: The person she gets along with most, at least at the start. The two joined rather closely together, and Ada is all too eager to study staff magic.
  • Chitose: She's slowly opening up to Chitose, but she still has little-to-no idea how to handle someone so... particular. Wonders if she should share her favorite novel, like she did with Layne.
  • Cassia: Ada is undecided. Cassia has yet to break through the staying quiet line, due to being so new to the group. She has yet to formulate an opinion.

EDIT: Str and Lck were mixed up. Fixed.

[spoiler=Aleithe, Heritage for the Future]

[spoiler=Identity Information]
Name: Aleithe Trastamara
Birthplace: Aeora, Rastarn
[spoiler=Appearance]

ffdebbd4e0b18a30a656ff04e0e219521b05a3f0

Aleithe stands at a decent height of 182 centimeters, and weighs around 71 kilograms. His outwardly appearance can be said as beautiful, and his frame seems to be slender, almost like that of a refined noblewoman. However, he is actually quite decently well-built and defined underneath his clothing, and would be unmistakable as a young man without it.

His expression is almost always stern and always has an air of assuredness to it.

[spoiler=Personality]

Aleithe is serious, composed, and erudite. Being the eldest son of a noble lineage, he is especially devoted to his studies and training to carry on his family's name. A hardworker to the bone, his self-discipline has been really developed since he was really young by himself. He is quite confident in his capabilities, and while he doesn't view others of less auspicious heritage as being lower than him, at times his way of speaking could feel like demeaning as his worldview still divide people into a dichotomy of noble and peasant. He isn't really callous or condescending, and neither he's actually arrogant, but he could be pretty insensitive at times and coupled with his usual uptight demeanor, he would generally give off the image that he's an arrogant snob for those that didn't like him.

To be fair, he does get pretty harsh to others at times, but most of the time he does it for the others' sake, a strong reprimanding in the hope of them fixing their mistakes and do better next time. Granted, even if he means well, his inability to really connect with others not of his same background made this often lead to conflicts - something he has been working to change, but to no luck so far.

And in actuality, is hard to always keep up his perfect image all the time. When not in public, he makes mistakes almost as often as others and always struggled to keep his image spotless, often stressing him out. In his attempts to keep up appearance, he often forces himself to step up to solve issues on his own but this occasionally lead to further issues after since he actually doesn't always know the answer to said issues.

[spoiler=Biography]

Aleithe is the eldest son of Lord Andersen of the minor Aeoran noble house of Tristamere, who lorded over the nearby areas of the city of Rustarn. He was born from his marriage with a notable sage that hails from a long bloodline of famous magic users. He met her when she was doing a private showcasing of her magic, and was enthralled by it despite what he saw not being something like an esteemed mage would usually practice. From this marriage, Aleithe was born, having a weak constitution since he was a child. He could barely follow any sort of physical exercises, and thus opted to read books more rather than engaging in activities like archery or hunting as expected of a noble's son, ending up being somewhat of a recluse compared to other noble kids of his age. His sister, born 6 years after him, ended up being the one that became really into physical activities instead of him. Meanwhile Aleithe grew to be close with his mother, who taught him how to take care of himself, and often showed him more and more of her magic - a thing that Aleithe found to be very beautiful. Aleithe respected his father a lot, but it was his mother that he felt truly close with.

Although, the marriage ended up not lasting too long in the end - when Aleithe was ten years old, his mother was exposed as a vagrant from Yon'lou who faked her pedigree after running away from her tribe after being branded as a heretic for her views in magic there. Officials of the kingdom went to arrest her, but in the end, she managed to sneak away and disappeared. No last words, not even one last glance to the family she left behind. Her disappearance hurt Lord Andersen really hard - he had nothing but affection and respect for her, and in the end to him she was nothing more than a conwoman after his own estate. The topic of magic and the people of Yon'lou became somewhat of a taboo topic amongst the Trastamaran in the aftermath of this.

Aleithe was hit really hard by his mother's disappearance, and went into a period of depression for a while. He wanted to somehow follow her, but his physique never really allowed him to, and he had no idea where to find her, not to mention that doing it would leave the remaining family he had. He still refused to believe that his mother was just a conwoman, and that she truly cared about his father, his sister, and himself as a family.

Still holed up in his family's library, months passed and seasons changed with him still feeling quite empty without his mother on his side. Yet, even as this state he slowly left his childhood and as he grown to realize this, he also had the growing realization on the responsibility he had on his shoulder as the future head of his House. His father, the man who since he was a child was always seen by him as an impenetrable paragon of a noble and the ideal knight with uncountable honors as proof of his brilliance, now spent most of his time inside, his health had taken a turn for the worse from the stress of losing his wife and dealing with the aftermath. Seeing the man he always looked up to as an impossible ideal to attain to be in such a state, Aleithe finally accepted his responsibility, and vowed to follow his father's footsteps to be a paragon that would continue leading his family towards glory, even if he feared that it would part him from clutching what little left of her mother's presence in his life.

And so, solely out of his own volition, he worked his hardest to fit the image he had in his mind of how an ideal lord would be. A weak head would mean a weak house, and so forced himself often past his limits just so he could cover what he saw as his weakness. It's a mindset he kept past his teenage years and until now. Finally feeling what he believed to be what his father had gone through to be who he was, he became truly proud to be a part of his esteemed lineage, and would try his best to live up to it. Even if that meant working twice harder than other young men of his age just to be able to keep up.

When he entered adulthood proper and finished his education, Lord Andersen's health became much worse. Yet, while Aleithe wished to be on his side and tend to him, he instead pushed him to get more field experience instead, suggesting that a mercenary group might be a good place for him to learn more about both life and the battlefield. At first he tried his best to refuse, but his father then told him that he knew Aleithe's mother was still somewhere out there, and even if the lord was to pass soon, he wished that at least Aleithe would be able to find her somehow, and tell her that even after all that happened, he still wished to talk to her. WIth a smile, he also mentioned that he was aware about Aleithe did behind his back, and while it wouldn't be something he'd approve even now, he also didn't have the heart to stop him from continuing to clutch to his memories with his mother either.

Aleithe finally relented in the end, and soon he started his travels alongside his life partner Reina. He was somewhat skeptical of being able to meet his mother this way, but even if he didn't admit it, that small possibility that he might ended up being what motivated him to continue going, and in the end, it was what led him to stumble at the Iron Falcons, which ended with him making the decision to join them.

[spoiler=Combat Information]
Class: Kinshi Knight

Affinity: Light
[spoiler=Stats]

• HP – C/E

• Str – B/C

• Mag – D/B

• Skl – B/B

• Spd – C/B

• Lck – E/E

• Def – C/D

• Res – C/C

Left is bases, right is growth.

Inventory: Slim Sword, Iron Sword, Vulneraries.

[spoiler=Other Information]

[spoiler=Opinion]

Leon: “I see. Even though he was not born a noble, he understood the necessity of separating his sentiments from himself as he leads this company. A leader I will follow, however at times I feel the need to force his hand in making a decision. Indecisiveness is a bane of any successful leaders.”

Rona: “As we all know, the elegant and beautiful Kinshi is inherently born superior from those rough and brute-like wyverns. A superiority of form that- pardon me, I was getting too carried away. Her recklessness would be the bane of herself. Even so...was it really her nature to be like this? I'd like to look more into it, but for now I will continue on reprimanding her for it despite her being my senior.”

Yue: “Even if it is her nature to do things on her own, we cannot afford to tolerate it too much if we wish to move as a group so I always feel the need to reprimand her whenever she starts going off her own. I don't feel the need to be too harsh to her though. She means well usually, and if I scare her off, my words wouldn't do anything to her. I'd like to hear more from Yon'lou from her though- on second thought, nevermind. That would be a waste of her time.”

Ada: “She rarely creates any troubles, and I like her for it. She could be pretty stubborn at times though, and as much as I understand the importance of stubbornness and determination, she often neglects to care for herself due to it, which worried me. As an aside, anima magic is clearly superior to dark magic, but alas, I could not spare the time to prove it to her.”

Layne: “I couldn't bring myself to say it out loud, but I like his showmanship. Even if there's just so much you could achieve when it comes to being flashy with healing magic compared to say, anima, I like his attempts. I did not expect him to come from Yon'lou at all – was it just the nature of people coming from there to be showy? Nevermind, Yue and Chitose can't really be counted as showy at all.”

Cassia: “I still am questioning Leon's decision to hire this kind of lowlife...ah, perhaps I am just naturally incompatible with thieves, and I shouldn't bring that personal sentiment here. I understand the need for this group to have a rogueish member as an asset, but the thought never really sit well with me. Just to be safe, ever since she joined I kept a closer track on the company's assets and more importantly, on Cassia herself. While the other might question my behavior here, I am solely doing this for the sake of the guild. Beter safe than sorry.”

Chitose: “Ah, a noble lady of Aeora, a welcome sight to see out here. I have visited the primary Maslow estate a few times, and I seem to recall her from at least one of those visits, but we never really interacted before. Being able to unabashedly declare their affection to the tribes of Yon'lou is enviable, but didn't they know about the rumors floating around regarding their allegiance thanks to this? No matter how much would one feel affection to a foreign nation, their heart would still need to remain with their true motherland. As for Chitose herself, while I appreciate that she is very capable of being composed and carry herself well just like a proper noble should, I am worried by her lack of initiative. A noble is meant to lead the people, not simply to sit around in a room and be pretty. I couldn't fault her much to this, but I have resolved to get her to understand this one of these days.

Even then though, I feel that her status made her the person I could talk to more easily compared to the others, despite the recency of her join time.”

[spoiler=Trivia]
  • Theme Song: Beyond the Door by Diao Ye Zong
  • His sister is currently in Rastarn, seeking to be an esteemed officer of the kingdom.
  • Is a great cook.
  • Uses a sword just because most great nobles he ever knew or read about used swords.
  • Lord Andersen is not harsh to him, and in fact, encouraged him to be a scholar since he was young. Seeing Aleithe pushing himself too hard just to emulate him made his father quite sad, but he couldn't bring himself to stop Aleithe or bring it up to him either.
  • Aleithe's mother's real name is unknown, but in her time in Aeora, she used the name Caroline and claimed to be descended from the really old lineage of mages, the Cavendish.

[spoiler=Reina]

Name: Reina

Species: Kinshi

Color Scheme: White-gold

Description: A Kinshi that Aleithe mother apparently found somewhere in Aeora rather than in its native Yon'lou and was given to Aleithe as a gift for his fifth birthday as a chick. She had bonded with Aleithe since then - she was pretty much his only friend when he was a child. When her mother was outed as a conwoman and she ran away, Lord Anders was almost going to had Reina slaughtered out of anger and frustration, but he relented due to how close she was with his only son.

As both grew older, they became inseparable and when Reina grew big enough to be ridden, Aleithe started to learn to ride her and later, fight alongside her. Aleithe's style of fighting with Reina was a lot different than Yon'lou's Kinshi Knights being more akin to a knight in horseback in comparison, but he did pride himself as one of them and identified himself as such.

[spoiler=Rona, the Indomitable Wyvern Rider][spoiler=Identity Information]Name: Rona Valgtut
Birthplace: Jouruun (in a smaller city near the capital)
[spoiler=Appearance]The Image

A tall woman, Rona stands at 5‘9“ and weighs 155 lbs. Generally dresses in bare minimal, due to being sensitive to the heat, though does have armor she wears to battle. Does not have heels. Not quite as undressed as image implies but it's close.

[spoiler=Personality]Those who meet Rona would often think of a single word. Indomitable. She comes off as fearless and reckless as she jumps into battle without a second thought. A proud warrior that refuses to surrender no matter the odds. Rona almost always has a smile and is quick to laugh. She doesn’t seem to worry about how she looks or what others think about her in general. A helpful young woman who always goes out of her way to make sure that the people around her are happy and healthy.
At least that’s what she wants you to think.
Rona’s recklessness comes from forcing herself to act without thinking in battle in order to not retreat. For if she takes too long thinking about the battle her cowardice will win out and she’ll turn tail. Her smile is to cover the anxiety and paranoia that rages in her mind. This anxiety can crop up at random and is almost always present in some minor degree. She often avoids situations when not on the battlefield and will go out of her way to avoid any direct confrontations.
Rona thinks very little of herself. She’s a failure and a weakling. Someone who should have died but was not allowed to. Thus she has very little feelings of self-worth. Her only purpose, she feels, is to make life better for those around her in whatever way she can.
Though she often doubts she’s even doing this right. Thus she keeps on a smile whenever she can and the moment she feels herself start to slip she’ll leave the situation.

[spoiler=Biography]Born to a family of renowned Jouran soldiers; it was expected that Rona, too, would excel. When her aptitude for magic, and desire to learn it, was learned her father, a man who firmly believed that martial combat was the true path, strictly forbade her from so much as looking at a book of magic. Her training began at a young age and it was harsh from the start.
Constant combat practice, she could suddenly be attacked during a meal, grueling physical fitness, and harsh punishments were most of Rona’s life. She wasn’t particularly adapt at fighting in the way her father wanted and so, while she did become quite skilled in combat, she was never the prime fighting force that was expected of her.
She had always been a timid child and so there was a focus on tearing that away when it came to her training. If she were to flinch, hesitate, or turn her back on her foe (which included having her back towards one of her older siblings or parents at any time) she was punished. Usually with either beatings or being left out in the cold, basically naked, over night.
Rona was put in a squad under command of her father, comprised of mostly Wyvern Riders, at the earliest possible age (14). She was better than many of the others of her experience level but her father refused to acknowledge her until she had surpassed even the best soldiers they had.
During a skirmish near the border their squad was pinned down by a group of Archers. Rona’s father ordered her to charge the Archer’s formation and scatter, or kill, them. She refused at first but quickly caved to his shouting and took off.
Her, and her Wyvern, Cormag, were greatly injured during this. She refused to turn back though and continued to fight on until she passed out from blood loss. Her wyvern, a surprisingly kind and intelligent beast, knew that taking her back to her father would only result in punishment. So he took her southward, away from the fighting, away from everything, into Aerora.
Rona was dying. She could barely stay concious for longer than a few minutes and everywhere they went the people seemed to turn them away. Still Cormag flew on, despite his own injuries, until he just couldn’t anymore and collapsed in a field.
This is when the leader of the Iron Falcons, Leon, came upon them and helped them get the medical care they needed.
Rona, who knew she couldn’t return home, then swore her life to Leon. She had nothing, she WAS nothing, so she had no qualms about doing this even for a person she knew nothing about.

[spoiler=Combat Information]Class: Wyvern Rider
Affinity: Thunder
[spoiler=Stats]HP-C
Str-C
Mag-B
Skl-C
Spd-D
Lck-D
Def-B
Res-D

Inventory: Iron Axe

[spoiler=Other Information]

-Grown resilient to cold. And pain in some cases.
-Cautious about magic though also curious.
-Adores her mount and thinks of him as family
[spoiler=Mount]Name: Cormag
Species: Wyvern
Color: Steely Blue
Personality: Somewhat of a grump but extremely protective of Rona. Cares more for her life than she does. Surprisingly gentle to children and animals.

[spoiler=Thoughts On Others]Leon: He...he saved me. I don’t know why he would bother but...I will protect him. No matter what.

Aleithe: He’s a much better flier than I. I could learn much from him but...I’m afraid to ask. He’s so confident and I’m...me.

Yue: When I first saw her...I was afraid. It’s still scary to think that, if she decided to, she could shoot me out of the sky so easily. She’s not a bad person. She just...makes me nervous sometimes.

Ada: She looks so fragile; I get worried whenever I see her in a fight. I don’t talk to her as much as I should, though, I don’t know if she wants to be bothered...

Layne: His personality is um...impressive. I might look up to his attitude somewhat. I just wish he didn’t have to highlight my injuries, I don’t want to be a burden...I already give him a lot of work.

Maizuru: I don’t know why she’s so curious...I try to avoid talking about home. But she just keeps at it. I’m not sure...she makes me uncomfortable at times. But she seems reliable from what I’ve seen. Maybe she could become a closer friend if I let her?

Cassia: I don’t know her very well. Cormag won’t let her by me for long.

Woo second finished app!

And second page!

[spoiler=Susanoo, the Bloody Bull]

Identity Information

Name: Susanoo Kobayashi, “The Bloody Bull”

Birthplace: Ulei (the Tribe of Thunder), Yon’Lou.

[spoiler=Appearance:]

Susanoo cuts an intimidating figure, standing 6’6” (198.12 CM) and weighing in at 246 LBS (111.58 KG) of rum, ego, and corded muscle. His hair is a bloody mane, deep red and held back by his bandana most of the time. He usually keeps a few strands pulled loose and braided with beads, to frame his face. His eyes are hazel-colored, speckled with flecks of gold near his pupils, and he has two symmetrical tattoos on his cheeks, one just below each eye.

His body mirrors his lifestyle. His nose is crooked from a break that didn’t set properly, his lips are rough-looking and perpetually busted, and he has a moderate case of cauliflower ear on both ears from suffering so many blows to the side of the head. His knuckles are large and protruding, some pushed back and dislocated, and the palms of both his hands are almost painfully calloused, padded by a ½” thick layer of skin.

Susanoo wears rings on all ten of his fingers, a small golden hoop hangs from his left ear, and the man always has his flask hanging from his belt.

[spoiler=Personality:]

Susanoo Kobayashi is the physical embodiment of the term devil-may-care. He’s always ready with a smart-mouthed observation in the midst of an otherwise tense situation, either unaware or uncaring of the fact that he’s probably in mortal danger. Anyone that has worked with him would agree that he lacks the mental filter that normal people have, the one that tells them acting on their first instinct is usually a bad idea, because he doesn’t hesitate when he’s in the heat of the moment. He’ll punch out a nobleman without a second thought if he thinks they deserve it, with complete disregard for the consequences of his actions.

He loves to drink, fight, and shoot the s***. He’s easy to get along with if you understand how he works. Susanoo was raised in an environment where might meant right, and he’s worked with the dregs of society, bounty-hunters that he spent years sailing the seas with in chase of pirates. His idea of friendship isn’t a very typical one. He’ll trash on all of his friends ruthlessly, call them a whoreson or a bastard while wearing a wicked grin, but it’s all in good spirits to him. He expects his friends to do the same to him in return, and nothing is considered sacred. He’ll rag on the Great Spirits, despite the fact that he is devoted to the Great Spirit of Thunder. He’ll rag on your dead parents. If you sleep around a lot, he’ll tell you to make sure that nobody gets the wrong ideas about what kind of escort you are.

On the flip side, Susanoo is fiercely protective of his own. He isn’t a bleeding heart. He doesn’t care for the defenseless woman that owes a cardshark money, or the fifteen year old living in the slums because he has nowhere else to run to. Those people will toughen up, or they’ll give up and let life beat them down. It’s not his problem. He has two standards that he can’t walk away from. Susanoo will never abandon a child in danger, an old habit of being the eldest brother of a family of five, and he’ll never stand aside and allow someone to abuse their position to get something they want from someone who can’t possibly resist them. If you’re one of his though, he’ll have your back regardless of the trouble that you get into. He doesn’t care about the stranger that owes money, but he’ll stand in between you and a group of debt collectors and tell them to go f*ck themselves. Ten years as a sellsword have taught him that loyalty is something that can’t be bought, and isn’t something people will overlook.

His most famous (or infamous, depending on who you ask) feature is his temper. Susanoo is known throughout taverns in all of Crijalla for his ability to brawl, and many establishments have put up signs that specifically prohibit his business. His moniker throughout the continent is the Bloody Bully, and tales of his bloodstained hair and massive stature aren’t a hard thing to come by. Susanoo came by this fame because he goes out drinking to blow off steam, which usually ends up in him starting a fight, and the amount of destructive power he has means that the establishment is usually roughed up pretty badly when he’s done. This isn’t so much a personality trait as it is a feature about him, but Susanoo loves his reputation, because it strokes his ego and someone is usually willing to either buy him a drink in exchange for his story, or they’re looking to pick a fight. He’s fine with either.

[spoiler=Biography:]

Susanoo Kobayashi was born the second of five children. His father was a respected huntsman and warrior for the Ulei tribe, and his mother was a well-known and fearsome shaman. He was taught from a young age how to hunt, clean a kill, and thank the Great Spirits for providing for them, but most importantly… he was taught how to fight. Susanoo took to fighting like a fish to water; he was good at it, one of the best of his age group, and the tribe expected that one day he would make a great warrior. The only problem?

Susanoo was as hotheaded as he was strong. He was constantly in trouble in his youth for fighting with other children. At one point, the fletcher’s boy had been bullying his little brother. Susanoo’s father had learned of it, but thought that it was best to let the boy learn to defend himself. Susanoo didn’t even hesitate when he stumbled across the fletcher’s boy in the act one evening, kicking his little brother. He grabbed the other boy by his neck and wrang an apology out of him, and then beat him so badly, he was almost exiled for it. His family hoped that he would mellow out as he got older, but his sixteenth birthday came and went - and with it his naming day - and he showed no signs of learning to control his temper.

It came to a head just before his eighteenth year. Susanoo fancied a girl by the name Yumi, and in turn had spent the months leading up to the event pursuing her hand in marriage. She returned his feelings, and their families were on good terms, so the matrimony was inevitable. It was thought to be a perfect match. Yumi was his foil, countering his fiery temper and emotional pursuits with a cool head and steady devotion to the Great Spirit of Thunder.

The problem came in the form of Susanoo’s rivalry with the chieftain of the tribe’s son. Their rivalry was not a healthy one, but one of hatred spurred by mutual jealousy; Susanoo was always jealous of Daisuke’s influence and wealth, as it was something he had been born into, not earned, and Daisuke resented Susanoo for being the only one to outshine his own combat abilities. Daisuke first learned of Susanoo’s impending marriage in the midst of a horrible argument between the two, which ended in Susanoo beating him in one-on-one combat to settle it, leaving him even more angry than he normally was.

Daisuke approached his father, asking for him to secure his own marriage with Yumi. His father, not knowing of what his son’s reasoning was, did so without thinking anything of it. Yumi’s family was put into a difficult situation. They knew of their daughter’s feelings, but they couldn’t deny a request from the chieftain himself.

Susanoo found out about the situation from Yumi herself, after all was said and done. Her hand in marriage had been promised to Daisuke, and Yumi was too driven by her duty to the tribe to disagree. Susanoo begged her to try and argue with her family on the matter, brought to his knees for the first time in his life, pleading. When she wouldn’t, he got too angry to think clearly. He cast her away from him, told her not to speak to him again, that she’d made her choice.

That night, he waited until Daisuke was alone, and then he confronted him. It was a short conversation, heavily laced in venom and vitriol. It escalated to violence quickly, when Daisuke tried to shove Susanoo out of the way. Susanoo took that as the first swing, and proceeded to beat Daisuke until his eyes were swollen shut and his face was unrecognizable, and then he kept hitting him. He hit him until the man stopped moving, stopped talking, and wiped that damnable smug smile off his face. When Susanoo finally pulled away, his knuckles were broken and bloodied, and Daisuke was just inches from Death’s sweet embrace.

He could hear people start to stir, coming to check what the commotion was. Susanoo knew that he would be hanged if he stayed with the tribe, after that night. He stole away before anyone arrived on the scene, with only his axes as company, and didn’t look back. Regret creeped up on him once he was alone, not so much about beating Daisuke, but of the way he had treated Yumi. He coped with it by getting angry, angry that she had betrayed him, that she didn’t care enough to even try to fight for him. It kept him moving forward, away from home and into unfamiliar lands he hadn’t ever traveled.

Susanoo traveled for years, finding working as a sellsword. He’s traveled through every nation at least once, fought a dozen types of monsters, and a handful of military battles as well. He even spent a few years sailing the sea as part of a crew of bounty hunters that specialized in tracking down pirates, putting an end to them, and bringing back all the equipment they had stolen… for a price.

IF HE’S WITH THE IRON FALCONS FROM THE START:

That was his most recent job, before joining the Iron Falcons. The crew he traveled with was killed when a mission’s targets sailed into a storm to escape them, and the bounty hunters followed them. The pirate’s ship was bigger and tougher, and it weathered the storm, but the bounty hunter’s ship did not. Susanoo washed ashore, half-dead, and in his anger for vengeance survived long enough to reach the nearest town on sheer willpower alone. In that town, he met the Iron Falcons, who were commissioned to put a stop to the pirate’s who had been terrorizing the town as of late. He volunteered to help them, and after the job was done, he decided to stick with them.

IF HE’S NOT:

Growing bored of the bounty hunter life, Susanoo spends most of his days in taverns and bars, drinking and getting in fights that eventually end up leveling the place and putting him into the debt of the owner. He’s easily found in those taverns and bars, and easily recruited if offered the gold to pay off his debt to the owner.

[spoiler=Combat Information:]

Affinity: Thunder

Stat_Sheet.PNG

[spoiler=Inventory:]

[spoiler=Weapons]

WEAPONS.PNG

[spoiler=Medicine]

unknown.png

[spoiler=Miscellaneous]

[spoiler=Susanoo's Gossip Corner:]

Basically, once I know all the character's names and stuff, I'll update this and then give Susanoo's opinions on them. I'll update it as we go along and his opinion changes of them

[spoiler=Jasper, the Mad Cat]

Identity Information

Name: Born Lewis Carroll, but anyone who would know him by that is dead. He usually goes by Jasper.

Birthplace: Rastarn, Aeora.

Appearance:

Jasper is devilishly handsome by traditional standards. His dark complexion and bronzed skin are offset by startlingly bright blue eyes, and his features could almost be described aristocratic. The upperclass illusions are dispelled by his infamous streetlord grin, huge and full of large, alabaster white teeth. He’s tall, around 6’0” (182.88 CM), with broad shoulders and a lean, graceful build, weighing 166 pounds (75.29 KG).

His posture is dependent on the environment. On his turf in Lowtown, Jasper jauntily swaggers around, not a soul in the world daring to bother him. He’s skilled at shrinking in on himself though, slipping into crowds, and moving around with soundless steps. When he’s cornered and forced to fight, he’s all coiled up, hackles raised, spitting and snarling like a cornered animal. When he thinks that he’s alone, he’ll deflate just a little, cradle his face in his hands and just think.

[spoiler=Personality:] Jasper is a man of a thousand masks. He’ll slide through them seamlessly, imperceptibly, to find the right one for each situation. Once you start to understand him, though, you’ll start to realize all of his masks can be categorized under one three personas: A) The Mad Cat, B) Jasper, and the rarest of that bunch, C) Lewis.

Jasper is the mask worn around his friends. Quick-witted, charming, and charismatic to a fault, it’s hard to not get along with him. He can walk into a room and be the talk of it within minutes, girlies hanging off of arm and giggling at every word, and men offering to buy him a drink or brooding out of jealousy. He does have a few enemies because of his trysts and flings, meaning occasionally a drunken patron or soldier that just got home from duty to find him fooling around with his bride-to-be will be waiting in a bar to get even. The Mad Cat of Lowtown’s reputation usually scares them out of it, but a few will still try, and they’ll get to see the namesake first hand.

The Mad Cat is dangerous, conjured up to strike fear throughout the streets. His trademark toothy grin will stretch from ear-to-ear, and he’ll laugh. He’ll dance around their defenses and dart in with his dagger, give them a nick from his blade more for show than anything else. He won’t rest at just beating you; he’ll make you into a lesson. He’ll cut whiskers into your face, deep enough the scars won’t ever fade, so that when he is long gone, you’ll look in the mirror and still remember your place. The Mad Cat is violent, playful, but he’s terrifying more than anything else.

Lewis is the one you rarely see, and you’re never meant to. He’s not a mask, really, so much as he’s the boy that wears them. He’s a mixture of Jasper and The Mad Cat, who are nothing but caricatures of actual facets of his personality. He’s a smooth talker, but he doesn’t have the same swagger Jasper does. He’s playful and can be vindictive when he loses, but his smile is nothing more than a soft flash of teeth, and his dagger won’t come out nearly as often. He’s softer around the edges, with an underlying sense of melancholy, worn out by the world and the streets and angry at the hand he was dealt in life.

Most of all, the driving force behind all of the personas, Lewis is dreadfully ambitious. He was born the son of two nobodies, and his sister had died a nobody for his sake, and he won’t waste that. He’ll take on anyone he has to, charm or bed or bribe or hush whoever he has to, but he’ll secure himself a future. He was a born the nobody from nowhere, clawed his way up from the streets of Lowtown to become streetlord of the local gang, feared even in the most well-guarded areas as The Mad Cat. He won’t stop there. He won’t die a nobody, not if he has anything to say about it.

It’s never a matter of if he can win, just how he can win it all.

[spoiler=Biography:]Lewis Carroll was born the second child of a tavern keeper and soldier in the army. His Mam died when he was only a few years old, when a sickness swept over Lowtown. His Da died fighting in the army, just before his Mam did. His sister, ten years old at the time, found work scrubbing laundry until her hands blistered to be able to care for him. She stopped attending temple school (a class held in the local Temple of Roa, giving free education to teach the lower class their basic letters and learnings) in order to work, but she got Lewis up, and she took him to the temple every day.

Lewis was a quick study. He learned everything the temple had to offer, could write his letters and read as fast, or faster, than any noble’s child his age. School became a bore to him after several years, and his sister started to stay out longer and longer. She often wouldn’t pick him up from the temple to go home until well after dark. She was fourteen by that point, and she had started dressing herself different. Lewis wouldn’t understand what was going on until it was too late.

His sister was plenty pretty. She had planned to try and marry, to give them both a more stable life. Soldiers in the city made good money. All she had to do was convince one of them that she was worth marrying. Problem? She learned the hard way that Lowtown was no place for a girlie to walk around dressed up. Lewis waited to be picked up from the temple until well after dark one day, and when she didn’t show up late into the night, he did something that would have made her furious. He went off to look for her in city on his own.

It was dangerous, especially at night, but Lewis was a stealthy child. He could slip by the Red Devils, past their turf, without being noticed. Slip by the Rats before any of them could stop to pickpocket him, and he was good pals with their leader’s second from when she had gone to temple class before abandoning it for the street life. Lewis found his sister in the Southies territory, not far from the market. Not far from where they lived.

Her throat had been cut, the necklace Ma had left her stolen, and her skirts were hiked up in a way that... even for a ten year old boy, it wasn’t hard to guess what had happened. Lewis Carroll died that night, in a way. He’d been changed, standing over the body of his sister in the pouring rain. He cried until he had no more tears left to cry, and then he swore he would kill them. Kill everyone who had hurt his sister.

He went home, found his Da’s old knife, and he practiced with it. He stalked the streets, studying, learning who had done it. Listening for someone to brag. His sister was a pretty girlie, after all. Someone was bound to brag. Eventually, he found out a name: Seamus Connor, better known as Shiv, leader of the Southies. He was legend good with a knife. Lewis knew he had no chance in an open fight.

He found him walking out with a girlie. Lewis caught him with pants down, figuratively and literally, and slashed open his throat. It helped that Shiv hadn’t taken him seriously until it was far too late. When the girlie who Shiv was with had asked his name, terrified, he had told her it was Jasper. He had read it somewhere in a book once, and it sounded cool. He was ten years old when he killed one of the best knife fighters in the slums.

Jasper was ambitious and vengeful. He wasn’t happy with Shiv dead. The guard barely came to Lowton, and the nobles in charge were so busy fighting their wars, they didn’t care what happened. Jasper started off sending all the gang members a message; rape wasn’t allowed anymore, and no meant it. If they broke that rule, he would kill them. Nobody knew his face except the girlie who had seen him do in Shiv, and she never said anything. He was thirteen years old when he first became the boogeyman of Lowtown.

As he got older, Jasper wasn’t satisfied with what he was doing. He wanted control, wanted people to know that it was him. He wanted to make sure nobody ever forgot his face. Slowly, he began to build his own crew. Jasper only took people he knew were loyal, no bravos or hushers, and he claimed his first turf. Slowly, he spread it out. He broke every gang that opposed him. The Rats, the Southies, the Red Devils. Jasper was only sixteen when he became the first ever uncontested streetlord of Lowtown.

With all his power, people began to worry, important people. The bluebloods living in the rich parts of the Rastarn, people who would have never heard of him before, feared the reputation of The Mad Cat streetlord of Lowtown at its height.

Jasper was seventeen when bluebloods started to die, and his mark was left on their bodies. He was being framed and the guard was after him for the first time, not street runners. Jasper was seventeen when he first realized that he was going to need an out, and fast.

Combat Information

Class: Thief

[spoiler=Stats:]

• HP - C

• Str - B

• Mag - E

• Skl - B

• Spd - B

• Lck - E

• Def - C

• Res - D

Inventory:

Knife - Rank E - 50 Uses - 2 Might - 105% Hit - 1-2 Range - 3 Weight

Iron Dagger - Rank D - 45 Uses - 3 Might - 95% Hit - 1-2 Range - 5 Weight

Vulnerary - 5 Uses - Heal 10 HP

Other Information

1) He’s actually very good at drawing.

Lowtown = slum district of Rastarn, where the really poor live.

[spoiler=Layne Ward: Medical Star]

Identity Information
Name: Layne Ward
Birthplace: Tencheang, Yon’Lou
[spoiler=Appearance:]
Layne stands around 5’5, small in build but still with an air of smugness about it. His lithe figure makes him look weak at first glance, but there is a strength, muscle hidden underneath his usual clothing. His day to day outfit is simple, a ragged coat that wraps around his waist when the day is too hot for it, a tank top that he wears always, either on its own or paired with the coat, and a pair of jeans that, while a little worn, are still presentable and combat ready. When it comes to actually being in combat, his outfit doesn’t change too much. A simple leather top covers his arms and legs, not really providing much protection, but it keeps him from accidental scratches and injuries.

His skin has a healthy tan, not too dark, but not light enough to make him glimmer in the sunlight either. His hair is a soft blonde color, shoulder length that dips in front of his eyes with his bangs, causing him to constantly be brushing it out of them. He swears he’ll get around to trimming his hair soon, but despite the assertion, he doesn’t seem to get close to a pair of scissors. His body is toned as mentioned, but beyond that, it’s clear that he cares for his appearance, he takes care to make sure his skin doesn’t crack, his facial features are mostly soft, despite the less than careful day-to-day activities he’s a part of, and the rough appearance of his clothing, creating an odd contrast in his looks. There’s a feminine quality in his body that is… Dashed by the way he dresses.

[spoiler=Personality:]
Layne describes himself as a ‘masterful’ healer, able to cure the most dire of wounds and the worst of illnesses. He talks about his journey from Yon’Lou and the dangers his small group faced with excitement, able to instill the feelings into people’s hearts with the performance. He argues that, in another life, he may have been a Dancer or a Singer instead of a Cleric, but he loves his work as it is anyway.

Layne is a showman first and foremost, and he loves every second of it. His displays of magic are always as flashy as he can make them, even though he’s just healing people, and he uses that flashiness to try and motivate the people around him. Of course, not everyone loves the spotlight being on them, and for those people, he… Does it anyway. He doesn’t try to subvert his natural desire to stand out and please people!

Of course, when the ‘show’ is over, he… Still maintains that air of being ‘on air’ so to speak. He continues to be over the top, he continues to try and spark conversation where others would rather be quiet, and most of all, he never downplays his own accomplishments. It’s arguable that he overstates them, but he wouldn’t make the case for it one way or the other. That’s for the audience to decide.

[spoiler=Biography:]
Growing up in the nomadic tribes isn’t always easy. It’s rough, there aren’t basic luxuries for you to enjoy, getting yourself ready to face the day is enough to fill the soul with dread. But for Layne, it was the normal day-to-day life. Born to a Emile and Aston Ward, travelers who settled in with the tribe for reasons that Layne never learned, in the wilds of Tencheang, his childhood was often filled with wandering with his parents, searching and destroying the monsters that reside in the wild plains. While he was kept out of the conflicts, he was still part of the tribe and was learning different forms of combat, different ways he could take part in the hunt, even from early childhood. He didn’t have much luck with a sword or bow, his body was always seemingly smaller than the rest of the children around his age, but he quickly resonated with the teachings that came with Anima, and to a lesser extent, Dark magic. He began to study, hoping to learn the proper methods for either of them, but ultimately, his efforts were in vain.

Those efforts didn’t stop though, he kept practicing and studying for years, his mother having skill with the Dark magic while other Anima magic users were located around the tribe. He would help with various chores around the camps while the others went out to fight, eager to help and aid his people with the ‘important’ task that they had been entrusted. After all, this is what they were here for, so he knew he would find his place.

Unfortunately, his parents had other plans. With him not making any progress in his magical studies, it was getting harder and harder to keep him out of trouble. The monsters were getting stronger and the approaching winter would make it hard for him to stay with them, so they approached the tribe leader with a proposition. They were going to take a little… Trip with him, and drop him off somewhere he could stay until he honed his skills enough to return. Of course, the tribe leader didn’t like the idea of losing one of their mages or frontliners, but he couldn’t deny that Layne was clearly not contributing enough to the cause at the moment. So he agreed, gave them some supplies for their journey, and Layne was dragged away from the ‘home’ he knew for so long at the age of 15.

They began the travels westward, his parents keeping him safe from any dangers, while he did his best to continue his studies. Late night sessions weren’t uncommon, he poured his soul into reading the tomes and books that had been provided by the tribe and his mother, and he refused to give up, knowing that there had to be something he could learn to return with to the tribe. Monsters and brigands were all over the place on the way to Aeora, his parents having a place to leave him in mind, but the teen was becoming more and more aware that he wasn’t able to contribute, a little nagging in his head starting to eat away at him. Maybe the tribe was wrong, maybe not everyone had the right stuff to survive out there. That was why his parents were escorting him away, after all…

The months of travel wore at him, the oncoming winter was eating at his strength, and his mental state worsened as he fell into a slight depression. When they finally arrived at their destination, he was quiet, withdrawn… And it got worse when he was left at an orphanage. His parents told him that they had a friend here, someone who could take care of him while they continued to protect the tribe, and with a small grumble and a nod, he just accepted it. Even though he couldn’t protect them, he knew that his parents were still strong enough to do so. He followed them inside… And for a year, he stayed there.

And it was a miserable existence.

Food was scarce, the owner wasn’t cruel, but… They weren’t exceptionally bright. The other children had mostly given up so the company was bland, even without taking into account he was older than most of the others. So for that year, he withdrew and began to take excursions out into the city. He wandered around, occasionally snatching food and other goodies from unsupervised stalls and stores, getting used to the layout of the town. And hey, he could, at the very least, stay clean now! His clothing never really was in great shape, but the place he stayed had clean water that he used to bathe, a luxury rarely seen back at his tribe.

His wanderings were mostly bland. There was little excitement in the city of Faeus, but there was a monastery. At first, he stayed far away from it, the teachings of his old tribe related to Staff magic in his mind. But as his strolls began to spread out through the town, they began to reach out to him. He was occasionally invited inside, and he would talk with them. He tried to be subtle about not being interested in what they had to say, but they didn’t seem to care, still inviting him inside when he passed by. He accepted this as well, just allowing them to continue to reach out, but he didn’t accept their offers of learning more…

At least, not intentionally. He was staying longer, under the excuse that the ‘heat in the building wasn’t as bad as home’ or that ‘the company is at least more pleasant than the moping kids’. He learned more about their beliefs, especially concerning Staff magic and their beliefs concerning Roa. They welcomed his questions, surprisingly enough. While he was still heavily rooted in his beliefs in the nature spirits, the discussions from them about what happened with the spirits of nature after the casting… Along with his funk concerning his ability to aid his tribe had been enough to allow Layne to broaden his mind and consider their teachings…

After a few months, he knew most of the sister’s at the monastery rather well, along with the few priests there. He spent most of his time during the day helping out around the place, taking care of assorted chores for a little bit of spare change, not that they could offer much, but he didn’t mind. The chores reminded him of working back at the tribe, and he was happy to be able to offer help to people, once again. He grew more… Interested in staff magic, his resistance slowly being waned as he spent more time around the women of the monastery.

After his 17th Birthday, he was given an offer from the monastery to leave the orphanage and come stay with them. Full meals, if simple, a warm place to stay, access to ‘less’ ragged clothing. He would still be helping out with chores, but… There was a stipulation. They wanted him to assist with healing, occasionally travelling to areas to help the people there…

He accepted.

Despite his hesitation with Staff based magic, he recognized that these were good people who were doing their best. With his parents far away, and his tribe doing what it does best, he was practically free to take care of himself. He quickly joined them, taking in more… Casual attire to what they usually wore, a ‘self-made’ version as he put it, and began to learn how the magic in the staves worked. For a little while, he was… Morally confused, unsure if what he was doing was okay, but he had found something he could do.

He found a way to help people.

Over time, his newfound skills developed and he was helping heal sick folks who stopped by. Then he was healing guards who got injured during fights or the occasional monster attack. He grew more confident in himself, he was making a difference here, even if it was small. He knew his tribe wouldn’t want this kind of help… So he decided it wasn’t worth thinking about that. They had brought him here, they helped him find what he could do. And now he wanted to use that skill to make a difference. After a year of training, of studying how the magic worked, and helping the people around town, he requested to take a little… Trip. He heard about a group of people to the south, a little mercenary group. A group like his tribe, sort of at least, who helped people and destroyed monsters.

He wanted to help them, he wanted to do what his tribe wouldn’t have accepted, and this was a chance for it. It took a few conversations to convince the others that he could handle it, and it wasn’t until he pointed out that he was 18, by just a month, that they accepted it.

He was finally going to be able to make a difference, and he prepared for his journey south. The road wasn’t that dangerous, compared to the path he took with his parents years ago. He could make that journey, he can make this one. And he did.

Combat Information

Class: Cleric
Affinity: Water
Stats:
  • HP - E / 0
  • Str - D / 2
  • Mag - C / 4
  • Skl - C / 4
  • Spd - B / 8
  • Lck - C / 4
  • Def - C / 4
  • Res - B / 8

Inventory: 

Heal Staff - Rank E - 40 Uses - Range 1, Weight 2 - Heals 10+Mag
Heal Staff - Rank E - 40 Uses - Range 1, Weight 2 - Heals 10+Mag
Vulnerary - 5 Uses - Heal 10 HP

Other Information

• He only recently reconciled himself and being a Staff user as 'okay'. There's a slight hint of disappointment that he never learned how to use either Anima or Dark magic, and rumors say that he can occasionally be found still studying those tomes.
  • Layne is sorta ambidextrous! It's not natural, it's from a lot of training. When he's tossing his staff into the air, it's generally so he can practice catching it with his other hand... But twirling and stuff he's still getting the hang of. He can even write with his non-dominant hand alright!
  • Even though his clothes are ragged and worn out, his appearance is practically as well kept as it possibly can be. His hair is always clean, unless out on an extended trip, and he's constantly wiping himself down to clean off any dirt. This started as soon as he reached Aeora for the first time.

[spoiler=Layne's Journal]

So, this is my first day here among the Iron Falcons! It’s hard to say how I’m feeling, being away from the monastery for the first real time in a year and some is weird. But I’ll be able to make a difference around here, I bet. These guys didn’t even have a Cleric or anything until I got here, so I think I made the right decision.

The leader welcomed me into the group with little fanfare, which… Is fine with me, honestly. I just wanna catch some sleep before I get to work tomorrow.

Leon is… Pretty nice? I dunno, he’s dull but nice. I spent a little bit of the day patching up his wounds, the dude seemed a little too worn for the work he was doing. Not really a lot to say about him, I think…

He seems competent as a leader, which is good. I would be pretty boned if he couldn’t direct the others well enough. If he makes a mistake, I’ll have to make sure to bring it up. I’m glad to help out with healing people, but if we get too banged up, I might not be able to keep up. I’ll make sure to request getting more Vulneraries in stock to be safe…

He doesn’t seem particularly interested in opening up, which I get. Maybe I can raise his spirits some, keep the cheer going!

Rona…

Rona doesn’t seem sincere. Trust me, I would know. Flashy, acting stuff gives you an eye for when someone else is acting.

I ain’t gonna pry, it isn’t my place to go bugging in her business, but man, that unsettles me just a tiny bit. Her smiles seem slightly off, her offers to help remind me of when I was trying to find ways to help out around the tribe.

I don’t know what to make of her yet. I’ll kinda… Play it safe for now. I’m sure she’s harmless.

I wound up meeting another one of the Iron Falcons today, some dude named Aleithe.

He’s a little too stuck up for me. It feels like he’s just lookin’ down on me whenever I’m around him. Not just literally either. The mount is super cool and all, giant bird, awesome, but…

He doesn’t seem super sociable, like he’s always just… Judging you. I don’t like it. I like to put on a show and keep morale up, but if he starts bringing it down, we might have some issues...

I hope not though. As long as he doesn’t bring it up, I won’t either!

Oh geez, someone else from the tribes is here… Thankfully not from my tribe, but I was scared about it. They probably won’t approve of my using staff magic either way, so I should probably… Tone it down a little bit around this Yue person.

I don't wanna have to get into this huge argument over Staff magic and stuff. I'm finally able to help out, hopefully they don't bring it up. Or they don't find out I'm from Yon'lou. I dunno, I'm freaking out on this one. They seem nice in that really... Quiet awkward kinda way, which I'm fine with. Plenty of quiet kids at the orphanage where I stayed, I know how to chat with them without freaking them out too much... Maybe I'm worried over nothing. 

Ada is surprisingly nice. Apparently she joined just a little under a month while before I did, so maybe that's why? She likes not being the newest member? I dunno!

She's pretty interested in Staff magic, I dunno why when she can use Tomes already, but hey, no reason to not socialize while I'm here. I'm still not an expert in this stuff myself, having someone to talk to and study magic with could be pretty fun, honestly. She's been pretty nice, she talks more than I expected her to, a lot of the people around here aren't exactly big on conversation. It's nice to be able to chat with someone consistently.

And she has a LOT of Tomes and books. The collection back at Tencheang was pretty good, but her's is almost better, honestly! All of it isn't even tome related, I've seen her carrying around some books that don't seem to be related to magic, I wonder if she would let me borrow some books to read when I have spare time. I couldn't bring any books from the monastery with me...

I'm not the newest member anymore, hooray! It's a good thing to me, I don't care if that sounds silly. It felt like they were disappointed with just picking up a Cleric, I know it's not the most bombastic profession, but I feel like I do a pretty alright job making it entertaining.

Anyway, the new member, Chitose was her name. She's... Interesting. I get the sense she's legit trying to open up to us these last few days, cause she certainly talks more than some of the other members, and it feels like she isn't trying to insult anyone.

I like her, maybe some healing will help her to open up to me over time? I dunno, she feels like she's having trouble getting there.

Another day, another injury... Another new recruit is much more interesting though.

We picked her up about a week ago now, and I don't like her. She makes me feel twitchy. She reminds me of how we were always moving back at Tencheang, but with her, it feels like she's doing it for less... Positive reasons. She came out of nowhere and she's apparently really good with locks or something. I'm willing to bet that's caused her a lot of trouble in the past, and it can't mean well for us.

She'll probably ditch us in a couple months or something anyway. I'll just keep morale up for the others and... Direct my more impressive efforts away from her. She rubs me the wrong way.

And that's my first completed character for an RP on YCM!

Archived