Sakura answers questions and gives opinions

(yay for fullwidth text title)

But yeah, I got promoted three years ago today (well, give/take a few hours but I was in the state capital handling matters with no internet so...). So yeah, ask me stuff or request an evaluation of you as a member/person.

I reserve the right to decline answering certain questions and/or give evaluations if you're either too new or I don't know you very well to give a proper one.

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Why the weird letters?

Because it'd be a lot more bland if I just wrote it out in regular letters, though admittedly, it's a bigger pain to type fullwidth.

(Oh and congrats on getting promoted. Well...I had to PM evil to do it)

Heya !ULTIMATE MODERATOR! I can post my cards now. ;-)

9k1fnM.jpg

That's nice, but next time, just post them. Right now, this thread's for people to ask me questions and stuff.

Ngl I didn't notice you posted a topic and thought that Bloodfrost was one of your random bots who made an AMA for you.

But that's just a statement, and I don't think you wanted statements, so here's a question.

What do you plan to gain with your partnership with Summer, and when did you decide to turn British Soul into a Venjix Attack Bot? [source]

Ngl I didn't notice you posted a topic and thought that Bloodfrost was one of your random bots who made an AMA for you.

But that's just a statement, and I don't think you wanted statements, so here's a question.

What do you plan to gain with your partnership with Summer, and when did you decide to turn British Soul into a Venjix Attack Bot? [source]

Ha ha, very funny... 

I have nothing to do with Summer or ~BS~ turning into an attack bot of any kind; in fact, I haven't even been in contact with the man since 2015. Nor is Bloodfrost one of my supposed bots; it's a new member.

As for why there are so many spambots lately, either the security question that's supposed to stop them is failing, or question is too easy to solve. There isn't much that can be done about them, save IP banning as they come along. All I will say about them is that they hail from a similar source.

====

Anything else that isn't related to this supposed spambot influx? I will not be addressing this matter again.

Aside from the fact that I did make the avatar and messed around with the original thread / account (which was a spam post), that's it. It was never logged into, much like the challenge eggs for Easter for certain members. 

Before you bring up that argument from the event thread or insist on continuing this conversation, DON'T.

Do not discuss this matter further.

Who's a member that you were friends with that is no longer active?  Besides Icy.  He's a nerd.

Probably half the members you can see on my friend page. 

• Pikachu (remember him?)
  • Bassa
  • Kaisu
  • Yin
  • Opal
  • DL (uh, he's just inactive nowadays)
  • El Make

The list goes on.

====

I wasn't friends with Icy at any point, though I did have some MSN convos with him in the past when roles were reversed (i.e. he was still CC mod and I was regular member). Will be funny if I ever run into him (or really the only YCMer I know who lives here besides me within a close distance), but doubt it will happen.

Happy mod anniversary!

Do you have a favorite card or archetype that you've made here at YCM? 

Out of the Archetypes I've made during YCM (least from 2013 and beyond, as stuff prior to that is meh), favorite ones are probably my Psychic Dragon and ZPD archetypes; both of which are logged in my signature underneath sets/cards. 

Singles are probably my 27K / 29K / 33K cards; I don't really do a ton of singles nowadays (well, not counting the big ED game threads I have).

What's your favorite color? I always had you pinned as someone who likes red.

What about your favorite animal?

And while I'm at it, what are your favorite types of music to listen to?

1. Blue, red, white, black. (So you're not wrong with me liking red, but I like blue more. Now if I actually had more shirts of that color instead of the black ones).

2. Right now, rabbits / tigers (partially due to this being high school mascot). I think there's more, but those two are best. 

(Then again, I have a rabbit [officer] as an avatar, albeit one from a movie I like.)

3. Lately, "Try Everything" (which also explains my profile music at present), but J-Pop from certain artists, anime songs, stuff from Hawaiian station and the local hip hop station. 

A lot of it is usually repeated songs and generally other languages besides English. (Listening to Despacito in pure Spanish and Japanese/Chinese version of Try Everything is also cool.)

How do you feel about living in a place that most think of as "that place you go to on vacation"?

Well, the weather's nice [in the sense that it's not scorching hot like the mainland is right now, nor do we freeze at night] and I don't have to worry about having to shovel out if it snows or something. But things that need to be addressed is hurricane watches, because we are in open ocean and hurricanes feed on it. (Though, last time we got hit was in 1992 by Iniki; least majorly; there have been 2 smaller ones that hit Big Island a couple years back.) 

There are some drawbacks to living here:

• Price of land is expensive (blame it on previous governor signing contracts for million dollar condos that only outside interests can afford; also living space on the island for other things)
  • Homeless problem
    • What you guys don't see in Waikīki or other tourist areas (well, hopefully you don't) is a ton of homeless. I think city got rid of them from Waikīki, but if you venture into Chinatown / maybe along Kakaʻako or whatever neighborhood that the IHS is in falls under, you will see a TON of tents.
      • A lot of this is due to high cost of living (see point 1), but also a few of them coming to the mainland to live on our streets instead of living in the states. I think the latter's gone down a bit, but...
      • Some of them legitimately cannot afford to buy/rent for the above, but others just want to live on the street and do whatever they want. City tried moving them, but they just returned. (And yes, some of the homeless can turn violent because a few were mentioned to brandish knives when outreach workers tried to help.)

I can't say for the other islands because I don't live there, but they're less busy from what I know. 

=====

Living here is nice and all, since we're generally free from a lot of the drama the mainland suffers from (greater tolerance towards different orientations, nationalities, etc), but it does have its drawbacks. There are still some crazy guys here who do dumb things (including disobeying traffic signals, excessively speeding on the freeway or being jabroni drivers and the usual stuff that gets people in police custody, except murder). 

Going back to the thing about being free from most drama in the states, you might've heard about the ex-military man who got arrested this weekend due to terrorism links. Yeah, I was having a conversation with dad about how we haven't gotten that yet, but then this comes around. (Guy was caught before any harm could be done)

But yeah, drawbacks are having a homeless problem, price of land and some other issues that need addressing for residents.

Night is the sexy one in appearance; well, at least he's the only one out of the mods who posts selfies. Rest of us don't; I have no clue of how the other mods look like, except maybe Smear.

But even then, having good looks doesn't mean you'll get it. There's a lot more; then again, it's a partially thankless job if you get it. You can't really use it on a resume.

Archived