Sakura answers questions and gives opinions

When you're about to say spoilers but then you realize you're already spoiled:

That said, it was kinda obvious that Leo would be a Signer. Rex Goodwin is too evil.

He was also a Dark Signer too and ripped off his brother's arm (though both of them went to the dark side anyway; cue Star Wars references). 

To be honest, they really should've made Rua a Signer at the end of the Dark Signer arc; he actually had one of the original dragons present in the war 5000 years ago. I need to go check where Black-Winged came from; probably from a much earlier battle. 

====

The dub watchers will never know what happened to Rua after the WRGP, see Bruno/Aporia die, Yusei to summon Quasar with 5 mats and then the closest we're ever getting to shipping scenes in this franchise.

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Question 1: Opinion on the overal vibe on the forum?

Question 2: Opinion on Enguin? Including the whole discord thing but not just that. Do you hold a grudge against him for the discord thing? Or does that not affect the way you think of him?

Question 3: Any way you think I could make the forum a better place? General stuff you wished new members did (more)?

It's almost 3 am right now, and I have stuff I have to do in a few hours offline.

Question 1: Opinion on the overal vibe on the forum?

Question 2: Opinion on Enguin? Including the whole discord thing but not just that. Do you hold a grudge against him for the discord thing? Or does that not affect the way you think of him?

Question 3: Any way you think I could make the forum a better place? General stuff you wished new members did (more)?

1. When drama isn't going around, it's usually tranquil (albeit dead at times in certain areas). 

2. He's gotten into trouble in the past with other mods for acting the way he does, but that's about it. Whatever happened concerning him on Discord should've been caught earlier so it wouldn't have occurred, but it is currently under review at this time and has no impact on my overall opinion of him.

Just so we are clear, I had nothing to do with his apparent temp ban on the forum.

(Any attempts to derail this thread with notions of this will be severely penalized.)

3. Not really sure, maybe try to spread some more positive notes around the forum as you've probably seen a lot of the dark stuff come out of this site lately. Same could be said for other newer users.

Would be nice if newer members stuck around for a bit longer, but there are a variety of reasons that they choose not to. Maybe try to get themselves in the community; a forum's biggest strength is newer members (those who can be passed the torch once the vets move on). 

(No, I didn't forget about this but had other things to take care of, and thinking about answer for #2.)

1. I haven't really used them to be honest, even back when they debuted in 5Ds. Perhaps the zero hand thing didn't really work out that well (maybe why I didn't pick up Fableds either), or couldn't manage to keep my hand at zero to optimize their effects. Concept is interesting, but I kinda prefer to keep my hand.

All I knew back then was that they Turbo Synchro'd (think someone made a game mat explaining the playstyle at the time). Oh wait, here. 

jfKCg.jpg

(How much of this was actually true; not sure. I know Goyo / Brio won't work as well now due to their errata/nerfs.)

2. Not really sure on this; a lot of the testing I do nowadays is on YGOPro, which admittedly has its flaws and beta testing for Link decks is bleh. Let's see which Decks I used within the past 2 years [some are not necessarily ones I have posted lists for in the past], so...July 2015 up until now:

• Blue-Eyes
    • The Rank 8 speed / summoning of Spirit is great, though yeah, the revival options they have are plenty. 
  • Dark Magician (yeah, first two are the DM legacy stuff)
    • No complaints so far.
  • 'specters
    • Mirror matching partially sucks, but I usually have answers to them if I have another Deck so...
  • Super Quantum/al
    • I think Magnacarrier's code is broken or conflicts with the newer terms in later versions, so...Deck doesn't function properly. Before then, it worked fine.
  • Pure Zoo
    • Using them is kinda fun; going against them is not. Blame getting hit by Drancia after opponent/AI ladders through 2-3 Xyz to get there. 
  • True King
    • Can't really say I've used them too much. I have a Deck recipe for them, but due to YGOPro being dumb with coding, some stuff doesn't work like it's intended to. I know Darj asked how I feel about Master Peace; can't give an answer because I can't really summon him due to said program (not because I don't have a proper board).
  • Trickstar (well, mostly the FTK one due to YGOPro limitations, but working on a more standard version)
    • Perhaps because I don't use Dueling Book / Devpro and didn't have to face them in mirrors, I don't adamantly hate the FTK version (though Reincarnation itself is busted)
    • The non-FTK version is more stable, but finding it on the slow end to field monsters. (Also because low member count means having to tech outside cards.)
  • Star Grail
    • Summoning speed is alright, though problem is just figuring out when/where to summon stuff so the markers matter. I guess it works as a sort of start-up Deck to learn how to Link Summon.
  • Altergeist
    • Right now, they're on the really slow end in terms of keeping stuff out long enough. I have not really managed to keep monsters out to summon Links, let alone their boss due to their low power. 
  • MPB
    • Technically still my main IRL (though minus Draco due to price / unavailable); it's still partially slow in summon speed and need to test Raiten out to see if it'll help out. Also Speedroid engine got nerfed so will have to do something else. (I have a slight Karakuri engine with Saizan/Burei if I need to).
  • Trains
    • I think VCR had some influence here; Deck gets going relatively well albeit needing to rely on Express for stuff and cannot argue with massive power bonuses off 35. (Also helps with knowing what that member in Casual is trying to do with legacy support, though I can't agree with some of the stuff being what the Deck wants/needs.)
  • Metaphys
    • The banish style is interesting, but not pleased with Ragnarok being their only Level 4 and under right now. Forced to tech Snow and some Lightrays for time being; Snow triggers stuff for them so that works.

There are some other Decks that I have some decklists for, but didn't mention in detail, but either I can't use them too much to get a feel because of YGOPro or other reasons. Some of them include Magibullet and Vullets; column mechanic is broken and/or certain features don't work.

=====
I guess I would have to say Altergeist right now for recent stuff, but think a lot of the problems can be attributed to YGOPro having issues or lack of development for certain VRAINS decks at the present time. My desktop YGOPro is 1.033.V7 or something (whatever came out in 2015) due to OS being unable to run A / D; I have an emulator for D, but it's slow as hell and the Mercury server for Links has problems.
=====

Should I use Dueling Book instead for testing? Perhaps, though it's generally the DN users and I don't really have a good opinion about some of them; least from what I see of them in spectator mode / in the chat once logged on. [i suppose DevPro works to an extent too; least you can kinda self-test.]

What would happen if I played an Exodia deck and threw in a Final Countdown just in case?

You're probably going to lose; iirc, goal for you is to quickly draw the pieces as fast as possible (so draw power cards). It is highly unlikely you will survive 20 turns, even with stall cards and whatever.

Let's make a list of the starters I like from all 7 generations, then pick from there. (I'll note the final evo)

• Kanto: Charizard
  • Johto: Typhlosion
  • Hoenn: Blaziken / Sceptile
  • Sinnoh: Infernape
  • Unova/Isshu: Samurott
  • Kalos: Delphox/Greninja
  • Alola: Primarina/Incineroar

====

Probably Delphox (Fennekin), though Charizard would be good for flying and other stuff (but then we border on the lines of "everyone picked him already").

Archived