[SR05] Angel Paladin Arch-Parshath

FgLVsaf.png

If you activate a Counter Trap Card, or if you negate the activation of a Spell/Trap Card, or monster effect, while this card is in your hand or GY: You can banish 2 other Fairy monsters from your hand, field, and/or GY; Special Summon this card. If this card attacks a Defense Position monster, inflict piercing battle damage. When this card inflicts battle damage to your opponent: You can add 1 "Parshath" card or 1 Counter Trap Card from your Deck to your hand.

====

http://yugioh.wikia.com/wiki/Angel_Paladin_Arch-Parshath

====

Organization doesn't have article, but Wikia does.

With that being said, remember one of those two Decks Konami never released in TCG? We're getting a revamped version of it and new stuff.

The summon condition is nice (considering you'll probably be doing that often anyway) and searching Solemn traps among other stuff when it burns is just as nice. (Least it searches another copy of itself too).

Just gotta see what else SR05 gives out in addition (and staples that are getting reprints)

Wondering if we're getting Ariadne in here. Makes sense to have it in a Deck dedicated to Counters; likely will, but we'll have to see what Konami does.

But yeah, Counter Fairies can actually become an actual Deck now; well, depending on how the supports come out. Likely more Parshaths since this card searches them, and the OG one is kinda iffy (idk about Neo except for Sanctuary OTKs, haven't seen Darknight used) and Avenging is unsearchable because ED.

Arch-Parshath: The lower part of my body is a replica of my head. Your argument is invalid.

But seriously, this thing is amazing, and will work so well with the rest of the Deck. Also, it isn't a Nomi, so you can just Normal Summon it by Tributing Gellenduo if you want. Hopefully, since it specifies Parshath CARDS, we're getting some S/T support for what is now an archetype.

This looks good, surprisingly. Getting Fairy fodder in grave may be a hassle, but once you set it up, bringing this guy up repeatedly should get you ahead the opponent eventually. Also, as a Maindeck boss it has the advantage of not requiring Linked Zones. Sucks that the search doesn't activate when it's Summoned, and that it has less ATK than Master Peace, though.

I like how it can Summon itself upon any negation effect; that means you can bring it after using Quick Effect or Spell Speed 2 stuff like My Body as a Shield and be able attack with it and search in your turn. I thought about Ash Blossom too, but it negates the effect, not the activation, so it won't work for Summoning this guy.

Solemn Warning and Ultimate Providence confirmed for SR05. Can we get a Strike? :>

Would be nice (since they're still expensive as heck, albeit dropping in price from its prime), but don't think Konami will be willing to reprint a really good card that easily (and with another Solemn in the Deck already). 

Might be wrong and Konami's going to be nice to us and do so. 

====

Right now, it's around $20/each at my dealer.

Archived