[Leaderboard] Season 16 Postseason (Match 3-1)

Rules

- First one to 3 votes or whoever got the most votes by deadline wins.

- Voters must explain their thought process when voting, or else it will be rejected.

- Participants or I reserve the right to contest a vote. (I reserve the right to overrule vetoes/acceptance of votes if need be)

- Card C votes are permitted.

- Winner moves on to round 2.

- Voters will be given reps for each accepted vote post they make.

Deadline: 7/16/2017 @ 8:00 pm HST

Theme: Retrain a match winner card (including Victory Dragon)

======

Card A

URpSzyf.jpg

If a Fairy monster(s) you control is destroyed (by battle or card effect): You can Special Summon this card (from your hand or Graveyard). You can only Special Summon "Queen of Fate - Eternia" this way once per turn. If this card is Special Summoned by its own effect: it gains ATK equal to the ATK of the destroyed monster. If your opponent would target a card on the field for an effect while you control 3 or more Fairy monsters, you can choose the target instead. 

Card B

lefWaOz.png

Once per turn, you can Normal Summon this card from in addition to your Normal Summon/Set this turn by Tributing 3 monsters you control. You can target 1 monster you control; Special Summon any number of Winged Beast monsters from your hand or GY with the same Attribute as the targeted monster, also you cannot Special Summon monsters for the rest of the turn, except Winged Beast monsters. You can send 1 monster from your hand or your side of the field to the GY; add this card from your GY to your hand. You can only use each effect of this card's name once per turn.

=============

Alright then, go ahead and vote, guys.

Card A

Given the new SR05 coming out, this would likely get a substantial boost from them, but since they aren't revealed right now, yeah... At the same time though, it does make for a nice tech for Fairies in terms of free summoning and power bonuses. Choosing targets is even better, but still, you need to have the field advantage for it first. Right now, not really seeing any Fairy decks that can realistically do it at this time (least in this era). I won't count Trickstars because they still have consistency issues. I guess you have Darklords, so...

Card B

Well, you kept the 3 Tribute thing but as an added NS, so... I suppose BW, Raidraptors, Lyrical Luscinias (I refuse to call them Lyrilusc right now) can make good use of this card; least in the sense of retrieving the stuff you Tributed to NS this in the first place. That being said, all of them can/will ED spam (well, if this were ARC-V format), but since Link format comes on Friday...it shouldn't be TOO bad. (Blackwings technically can sit on a big enough Synchro for a while, so... RR are kinda neutered without their mats and LLs have a similar issue).

====

So...

A requires a Fairy to get killed before it can summoned freely and gain power (but does have Valhalla and other stuff helping it out). Also permits you to choose targets if you can get 2 other Fairies out. 

B is NS stuff, but fuels Blackwing/RR spam and recovers itself (though unlike the original, you CAN revive it later). Has the advantage of having competent Winged Beasts to play with this. (Oh right, and Harpies might enjoy it if only to amass some field advantage; no Phantasmal Dragon for them).

========

I really like both of them, and they accomplish proper roles in their respective areas, but I'm going to give it to A this time for being more fair. Granted, the viable Fairy pool is limited right now (I guess you have Darklords, Trickstar and some generic Fairies), but the protection effect is fine and it isn't nuts. 

B sort of fuels Winged Beasts and while ED spam is a problem (even with Link format), only BWs can really get positives out of this card's effects and not be affected much. That, and it still requires NSing to come out (though it's a lot nicer). 

As much as I would've liked to call it a draw, and let you two fight it out in the final with .Belle, Postseason cannot take card C at this point and I don't want to drag this on longer than I have to. 

So....

AEZ moves on, and Dova needs to make a new match winner. 

[Note: If the loser bracket match between Dova and Belle ends in a draw or no voting after deadline, I'm just going to make the final a 3-way match and not try to tiebreak.]

Archived