[Written] That weird Life Points Requirement thing no one wants to ever have ever in their deck, so I made an archetype about it to ruin it.

Fukato

Inconsistencies are inconsistent in inconsistent LP requirement monsters/cards which makes a Deck inconsistent in their inconsistent duels.

[spoiler=Monsters]

Ultimatarian - S

LIGHT Psychic Level 4

1500/1000

Effect: If your LP are exactly 3000, you can Special Summon this card from your hand, then gain 1000 LP. Once per turn, if your LP are exactly 4000: You can add 1 "Ultimatarian" card from your Deck to your hand, except "Ultimatarian - S".

Ultimatarian - M

LIGHT Psychic Level 4 Tuner

1000/1500

Effect: When this card is Normal Summoned, while you have exactly 4000 LP: You can Special Summon 1 "Ultimatarian" monster from your GY with its effects negated, then take 1000 damage. If a Synchro Monster is Synchro Summoned using this card, while you have exactly 3000 LP: It gains the following effect;

-When this card is Synchro Summoned: You can draw 1 card.

Ultimatarian - I

500/2000

Effect: During either player's turn, while you have exactly 2000 LP: You can Synchro Summon 1 "Ultimatarian" Synchro Monster from your Extra Deck using this card in your hand and "Ultimatarian" monsters you control. You can only use the effects of "Ultimatarian - I" once per turn.

Ultimatarian - T

LIGHT Psychic Level 4

2000/500

Effect: If you activate a "Ultimatarian" card effect: You can Special Summon this card from your hand. If this card is sent to the GY, while you have exactly 2000 LP: You can target 1 "Ultimatarian" card in your GY, except "Ultimatarian - T"; add it to your hand. You can only use this effect of "Ultimatarian - T" once per turn.

Ultimatarian - E

LIGHT Psychic Level 8

2500/1500

Effect: If you have exactly 1000 LP: You can Special Summon this card from your hand, also your opponent cannot activate cards and effects in response to this Summon. If you have exactly 4000 LP: You can pay 1000 LP, then target 1 card you control and 1 card your opponent controls; return them to the hand. You can only use this effect of "Ultimatarian - E" once per turn.

Ultimatarian - N

LIGHT Psychic Level 4

1000/2000

Effect: If you have more than 4000 LP: You can pay LP until you have 4000 LP, then Special Summon as many "Ultimatarian" monsters from your Deck whose combined ATK is equal to or less than the amount of LP paid. You cannot Special Summon monsters for the rest of the turn, except "Ultimatarian" monsters. You can only use the effect of "Ultimatarian - N" once per turn.

Ultimatarian - D

500/2000

Effect: If you have more than 4000 LP: You can pay LP until you have 4000 LP, then Synchro Summon 1 "Ultimatarian" Synchro Monster from your Extra Deck using this card you control and "Ultimatarian" monsters in your hand. You can only use the effect of "Ultimatarian - D" once per turn.

[spoiler=Spell/Trap Cards]

Ultimatarian Ultimatum

Field Spell Card

Effect: When this card is activated, while you control another "Ultimatarian" card: You can add 1 "Ultimatarian" card from your Deck to your hand, except "Ultimatarian Ultimatum", then make your LP 4000. While this card is face-up, all damage you take becomes 1000.

Ultimatarian Dimension

Continuous Spell Card

Effect: If your LP are 4000 or less: Apply the appropriate effects:

-4000 or less: During the End Phase: You can shuffle 1 "Ultimatarian" card in your GY to your Deck; draw 1 card.

-3000 or less: "Ultimatarian" monsters you control cannot be targeted by an opponent's card effect.

-2000 or less: During each Standby Phase: You can Special Summon 1 "Ultimatarian" monster from your GY.

-1000 or less: Once per turn, during your Main Phase: You can add 1 "Ultimatarian" card from your GY or Deck to your hand.

You can only control 1 "Ultimatarian Dimension".

Ultimatarian Deciphering

Normal Spell Card

Effect: Pay 1000 LP; add 1 "Ultimatarian" monster from your Deck to your hand. If you have exactly 3000 LP, while this card is in your GY: You can banish this card and 1 "Ultimatarian" card in your GY; take 1000 damage, and if you do, Special Summon 1 "Ultimatarian" monster from your Deck. You can only use each effect of "Ultimatarian Deciphering" once per turn.

Ultimatarian Shenanigans

Normal Trap Card

Effect: If your LP are lower than your opponent's: Banish 1 "Ultimatarian" monster from your Graveyard, make your LP 4000. If this card is in your GY, while you have exactly 2000 LP: You can banish this card and 1 other "Ultimatarian" card in your GY; gain 1000 LP, if you do, directly Set 1 "Ultimatarian" Spell/Trap Card from your Deck. You can only use each effect of "Ultimatarian Shenanigans" once per turn.

Ultimatarian Logger

Continuous Trap Card

Effect: Once per turn, if you take 1000 damage or pay 1000 LP: You can make those 0, then place 1 Ultimalog Counter on this card. If this card is sent to the Graveyard with 4 Ultimalog Counters on it: You can make both player's LP 5000. You can only use this effect of "Ultimatarian Logger" once per turn.

[spoiler=Extra Deck]

Ultimatarian - Recite

LIGHT Psychic Level 8 Synchro

3000/1000

Effect: 1 "Ultimatarian" Tuner + 1 or more non-Tuner monsters

While you have exactly 1000 LP, this card's ATK becomes double its original ATK. Once per turn (This is a Quick Effect): You can pay 1000 LP, then target 1 monster on the field; destroy it. While you control this card, you take no further damage from your opponent.

Ultimatarian - Embody

LIGHT Psychic Level 8 Synchro

2500/1500

Effect: 1 Tuner + 1 Xyz Monster

While you have exactly 1000 LP, "Ultimatarian" monsters you control cannot be destroyed by battle or card effects. While you control this card, you take no further damage from your opponent. If a "Ultimatarian" card is sent to the GY, while you have exactly 2000 LP: You can pay 1000 LP, then target 1 "Ultimatarian" monster in your GY; Special Summon it. You can only use the effect of "Ultimatarian - Embody" once per turn.

Ultimatarian - Oblivion

LIGHT Psychic Level 12 Synchro

4000/2000

Effect: 1 "Ultimatarian" Tuner + 1 or more non-Tuner Synchro Monsters

When this card is Synchro Summoned: You can Special Summon 1 "Ultimatarian" monster from your Deck, then make both player's LP 4000. If you take damage, while you control this face-up card: You can make that damage 0 or 1000. If your LP become exactly 1000: You can banish 5 cards from your GY; banish all cards your opponent controls.

Ultimatarian - X

LIGHT Psychic Rank 4 Xyz

2000/2000

Effect: 2 Level 4 Psychic monsters

While you have exactly 2000 LP, this card's Rank is treated as its Level. Once per turn: You can detach 2 Xyz Materials from this card; make your LP 2000, if you do, "Ultimatarian" monsters you control become unaffected by your opponent's card effects until the end of your opponent's next turn.

Ultimatarian - Y

LIGHT Psychic Rank 4 Xyz

2000/2000

Effect: 2 Level 4 Psychic monsters

While you have exactly 2000 LP, this card's Rank is treated as its Level and as a Tuner. Once per turn, if you have more than 2000 LP: You can detach 2 Xyz Materials from this card; take damage until your LP becomes 2000, then Special Summon, from your Extra Deck, 1 Level 8 "Ultimatarian" Synchro Monster, ignoring its Summoning conditions.

Ultimatarian - Z

LIGHT Psychic Rank 8 Xyz

3500/2000

Effect: 3 Level 8 Psychic monsters

You can also Xyz Summon this card (from your Extra Deck) using 2 face-up Psychic Xyz Monsters you control. (Transfer the materials to this card.) During either player's Main Phase: You can detach any number of Xyz Materials from this card; gain 1000 LP for each card detached, then Special Summon 1 "Ultimatarian" monster from your GY whose ATK is equal to or less than the amount of LP you gained. You can only use the effect of "Ultimatarian - Z" once per turn.

Ultimatarian Cyberlink A

LIGHT Psychic Link

Link-1

Link: Down

Effect: 1 or more Psychic monsters

While you have exactly 2000 LP: You can gain 1000 LP for each monster this card points to. If you Special Summon a monster to a zone this card points to: You can pay 1000 LP; Special Summon 1 "Ultimatarian" monster with the same Level from your Deck. You can only use each effect of "Ultimatarian Cyberlink A" once per turn.

This is fun, but I feel it needs more ways to protect your LP from your opponent and not act like losing LPs needs a cost to use. In fact, there should be more "your LP becomes a certain amount" effects other than the field spell.

It would also be beneficial if the field spell made all damage you would take 1000, or that after losing LP the first time you couldn't take damage from your opponent for the rest of the turn. It would make the mechanic a bit more consistent.

Umm... Oblivion is really cool, but I don't really recommend having the "top 10 cards of your GY." Also the "When...you can" is a bit awkward. I would rather make it a "if...you can" so it doesn't miss timing.

This is a cool idea for an archetype. I'd like to do a full review on it tomorrow.

MISSED MY PROMISE BY 3 MINUTES

Ultimatarian - S
I would honestly rather have the Special Summon increase your LP to 4000 since that would lead to 4000 in which the effect can activate. No other problems other than that the discard may be a bit unnecessary.

Ultimatarian - M

It’s ok, but this condition is really hard on the deck. For starters, most if not all of the deck’s requirements start around 4000, when your LP start at 8000. I would add some Pay LP effects to each of the cards, or maybe even a “decrease your LP to the next thousand.” to make the deck even more consistent. However, solutions that easy might harm the idea of the deck and the OCGrammar has nothing of that sort to confirm your card text, so it might do less than more.

Ultimatarian - I
In your hand? A hand trap that Synchro Summons? Brilliant but hard to pull off. I would really focus a bit more on getting your LPs to meet that condition rather than cards that exploit very rare conditions.

Ultimatarian - T
You may want to ditch the Cannot be Normal Summon/Set clause. There really isn’t much of a reason other than the 2000 ATK. There’s also the Special Summoning condition, which is good, but the “sent to the GY for a Synchro Summon” may be too much. I would rather say sent to the GY or make the deck more consistent overall.

Ultimatarian - E
1000 may be cutting it a little close. If this is how it’s going to work, I would steepen the effectiveness of cards as you get to lower LP. Maybe it could be Special Summoned rather than Normal Summoned, and when it’s Special Summoned it could set your LP to 4000. This would make the other effect it has a OPT and only once that turn in other decks but could be exploited with synergies.

Overall I would add more main deck monsters. Maybe have 6 or 7 at least. Make some more non-Tuners and add more consistency.

Ultimatarian Ultimatum
I saw this when I first looked at the field spell and was a bit confused by the banishing ability since nothing else in the deck supports it. Other than what it already does, I would rather add a search to it or give it the “you cannot take further damage” for the rest of the turn, or add more defensive cards in the monster slots.

Ultimatarian Dimension
It helps you when you’re winning, but your opponent could easily damage to make this useless. I would rather make it “4000 or less” than the exactly clause, and then give it more effects as you’re running out of LP. You could also make those effects more archetype specific (as this is a pretty generic card).

If you’re not doing any of that make it the LP boosts and damages are only for you and that taking damage draws you an extra card.

Ultimatarian Deciphering
This is a great card. Manipulates LP, not mandatory but helpful GY effect if you just so happen to be in that position to use the ability.

Ultimatarian Shenanigans (Shenanigans? Really? Awesome.)
I would make it a Quick-Play Spell, make the LP becoming only for you, and add an extra GY effect like you did with Deciphering where it can be used if you have an exact amount of LP.

Ultimatarian - Recite
Good card, but the Quick effect destroy 2 is a bit too broken. I would add a discard and make it only monsters or Spell/Traps, or you could make it just 1 target and add a condition.

Ultimatarian - Embody

What? 1 Xyz monster? Also, the ability is a bit backwards. You should be protecting yourself not your opponent at 1000 LP. Like I said before the less LP the more drastic the effect. I would rather it say “while this card is on the field, you cannot take any further damage.” In fac, you could add that to all of the Synchro monsters and there wouldn’t be many problems. You could still pay LP, but the Synchros would protect you from anything that could hinder your deck consistency.

Ultimatarian - Oblivion

“Cannot be destroyed by battle” is a bit redundant on a 4000 body in a deck that can use Honest. I would rather it be something along the lines of card effect protection. The banish effect is weird, but I guess it’s more of a Psychic thing than an archetype thing.

Ultimatarian - X

OH. Now the Xyz as a Synchro Material makes sense. I would add extra effects to this card though like it’s a Quick Effect that makes your LP 2000, then your “Ultimatarian” monsters cannot be destroyed by battle or card effects and you cannot take damage for the rest of the turn. I wouldn’t make it just a Synchro material. That would be a waste of space.

Ultimatarian Cyberlink A

Currently, we’re not in link format, but if we were this would be a strange effect. It does nothing but hurt you. Throw me a bone please, because I don’t know what this card is doing.

Overall your concept is interesting, and you do some interesting things, but it feels half baked.

It doesn’t seem that the idea is fully realized, and could use a lot of work in it’s consistency and protection. Here are my final suggestions:

• Add more consistency with better searchers and better protection

• Give all of the main deck monsters “decrease your LP to the nearest thousand” for advantage of some kind. Small advantage mind you, but it would work.

• Make more of your main deck monsters more defensive, as in more DEF points since you want to protect your LP from your opponent.

• Give all of your Synchro Monsters damage protection. If you control 1, you cannot take further damage until they get rid of it.

• Add more banish effects like you did with Deciphering to your Spells/Traps that can only activate when you have a certain amount of LP. definitely the best place to put conditions like that.

• I have an idea for a Psychic Rekindling if you want to make the banishing more prominent, but you’d have to do more to support it.

Ultimatarian - N
Alright, that is a really cool effect. Puts you at 4000 LP and gets you several monsters, up to 4 if you use it on the first turn. I think it's good. Although, I would add a condition for Special Summoning for the rest of the turn, like "you cannot Special Summon monsters for the rest of the turn. except "Ultimatarian" monsters.", but then again that's limiting you to getting boards like
 2 Oblivions out on turn 1 with 1 card and 4000 LP if you're lucky enough to draw it and go first. That is a bit dangerous IMO, so I would try to find a restriction or two that wouldn't completely ruin the card but at least tone done the turn 1 craziness. You could max the number of monsters you could Summon to 2, but that's basically buffed Ties of the Brethren, which is acceptable, but not nearly as interesting.

Ultimatarian - D
Since you already have a broken effect of this sort, having another for the sake of making the archetype's effects more consistent is fine. 

You have made a lot of improvements overall. Great work!

Archived