Superfan [OOC/Accepting/R16]

You actually have one point left to spend if you wish. For personality, I recommend making him a lonely atoner who wishes to absolve his sins through loyalty to a good person, like the warlock, and seeks to destroy forces that disrupt peace and has a particular dislike for corrupting forces.

Tbh I'm fine with the  stats as they are so if I do use up that last point I might just give him 1 more endurance. That personality seerms fitting with what I was thinking of, so I'll go with that. I'll write that part later. Rn I'm thinking exactly about the rules of the wizard's magic.

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

[spoiler=Ben (WIP)]

User: Scooterulez
Public Identity: Benjamin Johnston (Ben for short)
Secret Identity: Gadgeteer
Origin Type: Gadgetry
Powerset:
Ben uses a high caliber Rifle he invented to repair, damage, and enhance machine-based objects as in Robots, Mechs, Turrets, Vehicles, etc. Ben has a set of 5 portable turrets (SSV12 v3.1) that are about the size of an average human (About 5’6”) The means of deploying, setting up, and selecting targets are from on hand satellite transmission. Transmission can be interrupted, but turrets will still maintain their targets and location, they just can’t receive orders to change positions, targets, etc. Their range are about 10 meters in radius (or about 32 feet) that fires shots that can severely hurt, but not kill living things. It also fires an EMP beam shot for small-medium machine based objects but has an hour cooldown before firing again. When hit with the Upgrade shot, they are immediately repaired, gains a temp shield, their range increases 1.5x, every shot is an EMP shot and can still incapacitate, and the EMP beam shot can take down bigger objects like tanks.

Personality: Ben is, more or less, neutral when it comes to confrontation, he stays in the back being more of a support/defense than offense. He overall is a lawful citizen at heart. He is also dedicated to what he does, making sure he doesn’t make a mistake in the process.

Biography: Unlike most children growing up playing in the park and playing hopscotch, Ben spent most of his time inventing and creating. He graduated school at 10 and college with a degree in Mechanical Programming at 15 and started a security business that became one of the world’s leading company in Security and Defense. His company sold tech from computer software to military weapons, however, like most of the world, many people got a hold of his tech to commit petty crimes to full out wars around the world. To keep this problem down, he started to be just a private company selling only to select Governments and companies, like those in Los Estrellas and Sentinel City. During this time of change, Ben started to experiment with AI which led to the creation of Yen, a program that almost destroyed not only his company but also multiple Governments. This was known as the “Yen-demic” Ben was subject of multiple lawsuits and court cases and was put under the strict watch of what came out of his inventing. When Ben is not running his company, he is secretly inventing out of the Government’s watch, which resulted in inventing the WVCM11 Sniper and the SSV12 Portable Turrets. He currently resides in Los Estrellas.
Movement Power: (I really don't know what to put)
Weaknesses: (I can't think of one)

[spoiler=Stats and Perks: 15(+2)]

Net worth: 4

Combat skills(melee): 1

Combat Skills (ranged): 4

Combat skills (energy): 1

Deduction: 3

Mystical Strength: 1

Intuition (Technology): 5

Intuition (Mystical): 1

Knowledge (Technology): 5

Knowledge (Supernatural): 1

Programming: 5

Knowledge (Chemistry): 5

Preparedness: 4

[spoiler=Guns: 3 (WVCM11 Sniper v2.3)]

It has two main modes of either Repair or Malfunction, but one special mode to enhance an object for a brief time, Upgrade. Upgrade can increase the basic functions of the target for about 5-20 minutes depending on the size of the object. Smaller objects, like a Bionic Arm, have the greatest Upgrade time, while large objects, like tanks and planes, have the least time. While Upgrade is a game changer and can use it as much as he wants, there is an hour cooldown between shots.

As far as I can tell, this is a good example that shows that I am not good at writing up new characters. . . I am still not done though.

*Edited 8/11/17*

You're gun is going to cost you three points, while the turrets count as apower and cost no points. For a name I recommend "Gadgeteer", "The Mechanical Man" or "The Mechanic". Also, please keep in mind as stated above that you cannot take to 0 any stat that starts with a 2 by default.

You're gun is going to cost you three points, while the turrets count as apower and cost no points. For a name I recommend "Gadgeteer", "The Mechanical Man" or "The Mechanic". Also, please keep in mind as stated above that you cannot take to 0 any stat that starts with a 2 by default.

OK, so I updated. Took one of your names, redid some of the stats, and added stuff to both powerset, biography, and personality. I don't know what to do with weakness or Movement power though. Probably nothing for weakness, but I do want a movement power. Also, do you know where I could get some "appearance" pics? I am not the best at drawing in any way (not yet anyways), nor do I know the best place to find any.

I recommend taking vehicle as a movement power. I also just looked at the template. You as a gadget character can only take a maximum of 15 points, but you start with a whole bunch of points pre-allocated. Including one point in two separate weapons, one in a suit, one in a vehicle, and three in gadgets. You may want to take those points into consideration, especially since this means you can take a more directly offensive weapon into battle in addition to your gun.

And in addition, the +1 to ranged combat and intuition technology are automatically added, and don't count toward your points spent. Write it as 4 (3+1).

Archived