Sacred Shrine of Sacrifice

Guest BGMCANN0N

Guest BGMCANN0N

Sacred Shrine of Sacrifice
[Field Spell]

To Tribute Summon a monster, you can Tribute Spell/Trap card(s) you control as well as monsters. If you activate a Ritual Spell Card: You can Tribute Spell/Trap card(s) (You can include the activated Ritual Spell Card) as monsters (Fairy-Type/ Light/ Level 4/ ATK 0/ DEF 0) as well as monsters from your hand or side of the field whose total Levels equals the Level of the Ritual monster or more instead.

Guest BGMCANN0N

Can you Tribute the Ritual Spell for its own Ritual Summon?

Well that is a question worthy of attention... How about yes? :P

Now every Tribute deck can be True Kings and use their backrow as Tribute fodder...

In the case of Rituals, I don't think it's possible for you to be able to Tribute a non-Continuous Spell/Trap while its effect is still applying (in this case, Ritual Summoning a monster in its text). You should be fine with something like Swords or whatever Normal Spell/Trap that stays on a field for an extended period of time. The idea is cool though in reducing how many Tributes you need to summon something; only issue (disregarding the activation thing) is it doesn't work for certain Rituals that mandate exact Levels for their summon; however I think that's just limited to Nekroz right now. 

Speaking of Nekroz, I can only imagine them having some fun with this; as triggering 1 Ritual Spell Card for them = free Unicore. 

That being said, will need to check with evil if it is indeed possible to do so (in terms of Ritual Spells).

====

Sp33dn0id, make sure you give a review later, k?

Ok, so going with creator's rulings on the Ritual Spell thing, this allows you to summon any Level 4 or lower Ritual Monster for free (assuming that you're using one of those "or more" Ritual Spells). You can go up to Level 8 for free by Tributing the Field Spell itself as well. This feels like a strong effect, but not by any means too strong, as you still go minus from using a spell to summon something in your hand. Even if you didn't Tribute the field spell, it's often going to be dead advantage, just sitting there until next turn. This is a great card in some bad decks, such as Reliquished Turbo or some such.

In the context of Tribute Summoning, this card can essentially be treated as free (sort of free - you still go minus in card advantage) fodder for a Tribute Summon, much like Eidos the Underworld Vassal. However, I think it is much for versatile than Eidos, being searchable by Terraforming and Set Rotation. While Eidos is searchable by Edea at a +1, that restricts your Extra Deck for the turn, which may not be ideal for your deck.

I also like how this card interacts with gimmicky effects such as Special Schedules'. Notably, it also allows Pendulum Monster Cards in the Pendulum Zones to be Tributed, so there could be some use for Qli decks.

Finally, this card reminds me of a custom archetype a few years back (before True Draco) that actually focused to some extent on Tributing Spell/Trap cards. That archetype is still very dear to me, like a baby, and so I just want to thank you for reminding me of it. ;_; <--happy tears

Archived