[TCG][COTD] GOTTA GO F.A.ST

e7G0HKC.png

F.A. Sonic Meister

Level 4

WIND Machine/Effect
Gains ATK equal to its Level x 300. Cannot be destroyed by battle with an opponent's monster whose original Level/Rank is lower than this card's Level. Each time a "F.A." Spell/Trap Card or effect is activated: You can increase this card's Level by 1. If this card is Level 7 or higher, it can make up to 2 attacks on monsters during each Battle Phase.

0/1000

l0EBBbX.png

F.A. Hang On Mach

Level 4

WIND Machine/Effect

Gains ATK equal to its Level x 300. Unaffected by activated effects from an opponent's monster whose original Level/Rank is lower than this card's Level. Each time a "F.A." Spell/Trap Card or effect is activated: You can increase this card's Level by 1. If this card is Level 7 or higher, any card sent to your opponent's GY is banished instead.

0/1800

73gwbYa.png

F.A. Circuit Grand Prix

Field Spell Card

Increase the Levels of all "F.A." monsters on the field by 2 during the Battle Phase only. Once per turn, when your "F.A." monster destroys an opponent's monster by battle: You can draw 1 card. If this face-up card on the field is destroyed by a card effect: You can add 1 "F.A." card from your Deck to your hand, except "F.A. Circuit Grand Prix". You can only use this effect of "F.A. Circuit Grand Prix" once per turn.

vxadPik.png

F.A. Downforce

Quick-Play Spell Card

Target 1 "F.A." monster you control; increase its Level by 2 until the end of this turn. During your Main Phase, except the turn this card was sent to the GY: You can banish this card from your GY, then target 1 "F.A." monster you control; increase its Level by 2 until the end of this turn. You can only use each effect of "F.A. Downforce" once per turn.

So thematically, level=speed I guess? That's pretty neat. It's a bit unfortunate that they're coming out right as we're getting a new extra deck mechanic of level-less monsters, but oh well, they still get their effects for having a high level. None of these look too phenomenal so far, but still, the idea is really cool. Grand Prix is pretty good at least, so they should be able to do stuff if they get a couple decent monsters.

Ooh, interesting. Them being fast vehicles and their means of gaining levels reminds me of 5Ds and Speed World counter stuff.

Not enough to really do much yet, but it has promise.

...Aaand I just realized Links are completely immune to these cards' protection effects. That's kinda annoying.

So the theme is basically increase there level to max for 3400 ATK while gaining additional effects at Level 7. The Monsters appear to both start with 1200 ATK (4x300) where after playing the field spell they become Level 5 where during battle they become Level 7 during the Battle Phase only for a total 2100 ATK. In addition with Downforce being able to add onto to that to make one of them Level 10 (3000 ATK) (and the other "F.A" Monsters you control Level 8 (2400 ATK) through the S/T = Level up effect)

In all this is a legit Level Up assault deck based on the archetype set up with these cards where if we get more "F.A" Monsters and S/T for them to work as a effectively.

lol a beatdown deck in 2017

Considering their typing (WIND machines), I'm rather sad that these aren't usable. I've been trying to make a Whirlwind Machine Striborg/Speedroid/Symphonic Warrior deck, and it's been difficult to build so far. They should have gained Levels off any S/T, and even then they'd be bad without getting a tonne of spam effects.

That's the thing. So far, they seem to lack a (max. 12) clause, implying that they can pull a Greed Quasar and become as high-Level as you let them. This means that their ATK doesn't top out at 3600, and that (at least for the time being) The Calculator can kinda sorta act as their boss if you get several on board. To boot, Hang on Mach acts like a NSable Dark Law, so . . .

lol a beatdown deck in 2017

Considering their typing (WIND machines), I'm rather sad that these aren't usable. I've been trying to make a Whirlwind Machine Striborg/Speedroid/Symphonic Warrior deck, and it's been difficult to build so far. They should have gained Levels off any S/T, and even then they'd be bad without getting a tonne of spam effects.

Well considering Link Monsters they will sooner or later get a Link Wind Monster similar to Missus Radiant and Mastar Boy which will help give them an added ATK boost but yeah you would need to give it a few sets to flesh them out as a theme.

Ha, I get it, the level is like switching the gear, that's kind of a clever design/thematic crossover. As for the cards, I like the idea they are going for, hopefully it's not just 4 cards we get, I'm too lazy to look that up right now, but it's a pretty neat concept. Also, seems like they allow for Xyz Summoning if they keep being Level 4, so that would be nice.

Well considering Link Monsters they will sooner or later get a Link Wind Monster similar to Missus Radiant and Mastar Boy which will help give them an added ATK boost but yeah you would need to give it a few sets to flesh them out as a theme.

How do you summon it in this deck.

Fortune Ladies with better flavor and they actually benefit from getting to a high level more than just having more ATK. Fortune Ladies can basically ignore the level thing and be fine, it's actually the defining feature of these guys.

i mean who cares if they have better flavor if the design is still super boring and the cards are bad, field aside

i mean who cares if they have better flavor if the design is still super boring and the cards are bad, field aside

At the very least, I'd say there's more potential here to get something interesting out of the archetype.

The cards themselves are bad though so far ofc, can't argue with that.

So these ones get the same boost as the Fortune Ladies that start at level 3 and 4. I wonder if they will continue to parallel the Fortune Ladies with any level 1 or 2 F.A. cards getting only 200 per level like Light and Fire.

I didn't notice until I read the rest of the discussion that these guys have no limit on their levels. If they release good enough support they will get crazy big

Fortune Ladies cap at Level 12, meanwhile, much like Greed Quasar...

These things could reach Level 72 if you wanted them too. There's no cap to the level gain effect here. Calculator is going to love these guys, even if he isn't WIND.

I'm usually stubbornly ignoring the new stuff in favor of updating old Decks (my current project is Link Frogs) but I'm going to definitely enjoy playing these.

Any one of these can reach Level 7 upon the first Spell activation considering they start at 4, gain 1 themselves, and then get temporarily boosted 2 more by any of the Spell effects. It positions them on average at 2100 ATK which is actually pretty mediocre. Though the Field Spell being activated and then its effect being activated on the Battle Phase, would each give them a separate +1 Level. 2400 is still low though at least they have Machine Dupe going for them and at that point you have 3 copies of Dark Law on board.

You can tech Give and Take here for sudden ATK boosts..... Or troll with Scrap Searcher like I used to do back in the Synchro days (it was meh back then, it'd be a meh combo nowadays too, but fun nonetheless).

They are interesting, but still lacking.

at least they have Machine Dupe going for them and at that point you have 3 copies of Dark Law on board.

Nope, because unless you negate their effects or lower their level, they have 1200 ATK just by existing on the field.

Nope, because unless you negate their effects or lower their level, they have 1200 ATK just by existing on the field.

Yeah just noticed that and was about to come correct that in one of those "oh crap, that's right!" moments.

I've been thinking on if there's a way to make the thing work at all.

Something like Forbidden Chalice would technically do the trick but then the advantage in the combo would be lost (not to mention it'd make the whole thing unreliable).

Then I remembered Performapal Seal Eel's Pendulum effect of negating 1 face-up card OPT, but then looked it up and it only targets opponent's cards (dammit).

I also remembered some of this Level boost is temporary so they'll end their turn with around 1500 to 1800 ATK as is. It'll take some time for them to really be beaters, even though they seem to be more or less a beat deck.

MarshallingField-WSUP-EN-PScR-1E.png

VROOM VROOM BEEP BEEP

That's nice. Starting up from Level 9 ATK 2700 sounds better. Then the support puts them past the 3000 landmark..... Good.

I only have mixed feelings in the situation when you have a Level 30 monster but want your new Level 4 monsters entering the field to have a decent ATK too, and be forced to reset your Level 30 back to 9 xD

That's nice. Starting up from Level 9 ATK 2700 sounds better. Then the support puts them past the 3000 landmark..... Good.

I only have mixed feelings in the situation when you have a Level 30 monster but want your new Level 4 monsters entering the field to have a decent ATK too, and be forced to reset your Level 30 back to 9 xD

Forbidden Lance it since we're going full meme

Archived