Tomahawk ABC

~~~~

ohYvdT9.pngSo Darkwurm + Destrudo is a Rank 7 (via OE Meteorburst) without using the normal summon. You Tomahawk into Firewall Dragon, NS the Assault Core under the Firewall and equip Buster Drake. Then Link 2 with one of the remaining Tokens and start looping the Assault Cores with the Firewall effect. It's still rather tricky for me to play, and I haven't managed to make Extra Link yet. I suspect that Extra Link might not be possible without leaving one of the Tokens out and putting a Link Spider up there as the final piece, since obviously once you have all the other pieces in play for Extra Link, you only have 2 zones from which to gather material, so Gaiasaber doesn't work.

Anyway, any questions are welcome, as are any suggestions. Decklist upon request. Also there is an actually infinite loop in this deck which can either deck your opponent out under Maxx C or banish an infinite number of cards from your opponent's side of the field by repeated use of Trigate's second effect. I will explain the loop upon request, it's only a 3 card combo.

Considering you only have 2 Main Deck monsters that are Level 7, how do you even get Tomahawk out?

You use Ravine and Shrine to get Darkwurm and Destrudo in the GY, then you Summon Darkwurm with its effect and search the Gate. You place the Gate in the Pendulum Zone. Then you pay half your LP and summon Destrudo as a level 3 monster. Synchro Summon Odd-Eyes Meteorburst Dragon and use its effect to Summon the Gate from the Pend Zone. Overlay.

He normals darkwurm, adds the gate, summons destrudo -> meteorburst, summon the pendulum scale gate and proceed to xyz with them.

Almost. You don't actually need to NS anything for the Rank 7 as long as you can get both the Dragons in the GY. It's pretty consistent, considering all the Ravine searchers I'm running.

But if you're activating Supreme King Gate Zero as a Pendulum Scale, how do you get it to become a monster?

By using the effect of Odd-Eyes Meteorburst Dragon.

How reliable is dandylion in here?

In theory, it's for summoning off Rescue Ferret along with Sangan (dropped Sangan to 1 in favour of a third Crush Wyvern in my most recent build) or Ghost Ogre (mostly if I draw Dandy or Sangan, but also if I have a Level 4 out and want to make AFD), but sometimes I just run out of space for the tokens.

In all honesty, I'm not very good at playing this deck as there are lots of decisions to be made, about placement of your cards (can really make or break a combo), about the order you do things in, that kind of thing. If some genius went through and formalised all the combos you can do off this hand, or that hand, then I think that Dandylion would have a place as long as the deck still used the Rescue Ferrets.

If you draw it, you could also discard it for Ravine to make Destrudo live (for AFD) in the absence of something to also mill Darkwurm.

Archived