Field cities cards. arc v (written)

Heartland City

Field spell card.

Cards and effects cannot be activated in response to this card's activation.

All XYZ monters can be special summon from your extra deck to your Main Monster Zone.

There can only be 3 XYZ monters you control.You can only special summon from your extra deck 3 times per turn.

You cannot Special Summon monsters synchro,fusion,pendulum and link from the Extra Deck.

New Domino City

Field spell card.

All Synchro monters can be special summon from your extra deck to your Main Monster Zone.

There can only be 3 Synchro monters you control.You can only special summon from your extra deck 3 times per turn.

You cannot Special Summon monsters XYZ ,fusion,pendulum and link from the Extra Deck.

Duel Academy City

Field spell card.

All Fusion monters can be special summon from your extra deck to your Main Monster Zone.

There can only be 3 Fusion monters you control.You can only special summon from your extra deck 3 times per turn.

You cannot Special Summon monsters XYZ , synchro, pendulum and link from the Extra Deck.

This kinda says "Screw Links" XD

I like the concept of this a lot, letting you bypass one of the less popular new mechanics from the links era but at a cost. You first need the field spell to summon to the Main Monster Zone, so it does take up some hand advantage away from you, and the restrictions do put a limit on how much you can do that turn. The lock on the other forms of summoning for all of them are pretty harsh, but I don't think decks that use this would mind much, since they probably would just run one of the three field spells and focus on one type of Extra Deck monster.

I think its fairly balanced because of its restrictions.  It's a nice alternative to links.  

I thought up of a neat little thing you could do too, if you manage to Xyz/Synchro/Fusion 3 monsters, but want to summon another, you just have to destroy the field with your own effect (maybe the Extra Deck monsters you just Summoned). Then you can summon to the Extra Monster Zone.

Archived