[Leaderboard] Season 16 Postseason (Match L3-1)

Rules

- First one to 3 votes or whoever got the most votes by deadline wins.

- Voters must explain their thought process when voting, or else it will be rejected.

- Participants or I reserve the right to contest a vote. (I reserve the right to overrule vetoes/acceptance of votes if need be)

- Card C votes are permitted.

- Winner fights AEZ in the final.

(If no vote / tied vote, both will advance to the final for a 3-way.)

- Voters will be given reps for each accepted vote post they make.

Deadline: 7/22/2017 @ 9:00 pm HST

Theme: Retrain a match winner card (including Victory Dragon)

======

Card A

4gJmp7e.png

PE:
You cannot Pendulum Summon monsters, except Machine monsters. This effect cannot be negated. Once per turn (Quick Effect): You can banish 1 Pendulum monster you control; Machine monsters you control are unaffected by your opponent's cards or effects for the rest of this turn.

ME:
Her wings display her glory.
The proof of her glories are told in legend.

Card B

pthbgl4.png

PE:
When this card is activated: You can add 1 Field Spell Card from your Deck or GY to your hand. Field Spell Card you control is unaffected by your opponent's card effects. While you control another card in your Pendulum Zone, negate the effects of your opponent's Field Spell Card.

ME:
Cannot be Special Summoned, except by Pendulum Summon. This card can attack twice during each Battle Phase. You can also Normal Summon this card by sending 1 Field Spell Card you control and 2 monsters you control and/or from your hand to the GY. If this card is Summoned: You can activate 1 Field Spell Card directly from your Deck. While you control a Field Spell Card, this card is unaffected by other card effects.

=============

So this time, we get the 2014 Match Winners retrained. 

Interesting...

Alright then, go ahead and vote, guys.

I'm concerned here that such good cardmakers made such strange choices for these 2. 

Card A is almost an honorary Qli. It restricts pends that aren't machine (which off the top of my head qlis dinomist and kinda symphonics are the only machine pends), and all it does is provide quick protection. Qlis do like this, but the banishing cost just seems like it's almost not worth it since there's hardly any way to recycle banished pends.

Card B is waaaaay over the top. Field spells are a very prominent part of the game right now, and being able to keep them alive basically forever is a very strong effect. Not only that, it can tutor any field spell and keep it safe. That's lurking into shady territory right there. But wait, there's more! It also has a double attack and an alternate summoning condition.

I'm afraid that these cards just aren't up to my snuff. I'm voting card c  

Going to assume that either the much older Match winners, bar the two used in the previous round between you and Dova, proved of some challenge to design around, and the last two promo sets [Japan / Florida based] don't have card art released yet (least not of high quality and unfoiled); even though written cards are permitted.

(btw Victory Dragon was an option too)

But 0-0-1 card C.

Although I said I would let this go to a 3-way final if tied vote, I share similar concerns about card B as Aez. I'll vote on it for fairness, but yeah, it won't change.

Card A

Well, the Scale is nice but then it has that Machine restriction, which then limits it to Qlis / Deskbots in terms of summoning and application (albeit latter doesn't fully rely on them). Oh look, they have another way of summoning 009 without relying on the Scale 10s that also have the xenophobia clause. Granted, it is counterproductive to banish, but at the same time, guess you can use to protect 009 and other stuff you have out before going for the kill AFTER you have the stat boost go into effect. Not sure how it'd work out though, but it's not necessarily stuck with Qlis as a tech card. 

(Symphonics exist too, but...)

Card B

Yeah...I'm really hesitant on its summon condition considering how much Fields exist nowadays and Tributing from hand. After minimal effort, you get a double attacker and blanket immunity to nearly everything, save battle. (Yes, you do lose your Field Spell, but most players are intelligent enough to replenish it quickly). 

The first P-effect is fine (albeit stealing Terraforming's job), second is iffy (as it does tie into another monster copy of this being immune to stuff) and 3rd one effectively means opponent is wasting their Field Zone for nothing due to negation.

=====

If I had run this as normal / tie broke, I was going to vote A for being fairer, albeit with iffy limitations. 

B is definitely the one getting used more, but it's near impossible to kill it if field is up (unless you play heavy power to break it). 

This would mean that Dova would've gone on and we'd get a rematch between him and AEZ. (It technically is still occurring, but with an addition)

Archived