I made this card to be used with Gouki and Amazoness specifically, but it can be used in a lot of Warrior Decks, like Tellarknight, Heroic and plenty others. I am not completely sure if the restriction too restrictive or not, I was planning on making it only for one turn, but that makes the opponent's Main Phase 2 shenanigans a bit strong, so instead I made it while you control the monster instead.

source_warrior_by_zaziuma-dbh8jnz.png

During the Main Phase (Quick Effect): You can discard this card; Special Summon 1 Warrior monster from your hand in Defense Position during your turn, or in Attack Position during your opponent's turn. You can only use this effect of "Source Warrior" once per turn. While you control a monster Special Summoned by this effect, you cannot Special Summon monsters, other than monsters with the same Attribute as that monster. If a Warrior monster(s) would be destroyed by battle or card effect, you can banish this card from your GY instead.

So in a way it's more of a Photon Lead of Warriors. This has potential in HEROes: can trigger Mist's "-Change" searching effect, protecting Law from 1 destruction would be sweet, and is a LIGHT body for silly Miracle Fusion techs. Oh, it also has the perk of Summoning Level 5+ Warriors; that ought to have an application somewhere. Is there any Level 5+ worth of being Summoned as a -1 or that at least breaks even with a search, removal, or whatever? Only Phoenix Gearfried comes to mind.

Nice call on making it Level 5 so it isn't searchable by ROTA. By the way, from the name I expected a Cyberse monster because of "source code", but, nope, it's a Warrior xD

So in a way it's more of a Photon Lead of Warriors. This has potential in HEROes: can trigger Mist's "-Change" searching effect, protecting Law from 1 destruction would be sweet, and is a LIGHT body for silly Miracle Fusion techs. Oh, it also has the perk of Summoning Level 5+ Warriors; that ought to have an application somewhere. Is there any Level 5+ worth of being Summoned as a -1 or that at least breaks even with a search, removal, or whatever? Only Phoenix Gearfried comes to mind.

Nice call on making it Level 5 so it isn't searchable by ROTA. By the way, from the name I expected a Cyberse monster because of "source code", but, nope, it's a Warrior xD

Funny you say that, I was thinking that when I made it, though actually its meant to be related to sources in relation to electricity, as seen by the sword being all sparkly.

Archived