Interest Check- Fate/Paradox

This is an Interest check for a Fate/ series RP, if you don't know what that is I've attached a link at the bottom of the post linking to the wiki page about the series.

Have you heard the tale of a battle for a miracle? It starts out in a small city in the Far East,  so secretive of a battle it was fought without its inhabitants knowing what was going on. That battled was the fuel for the ritual that brought forth the Holy Grail.

The Holy Grail is a miraculous and omnipotent wish-granting miracle that appeared every fifty to ten years. Recently, grails have been appearing more and more frequently in closer proximity, and now for the first time multiple grails have beckons mages and non mages alike at the same time, calling them all to Anchor Bay, a vibrant city nestled between two mountains known as the twins (both thought to be places of high magical properties in ancient times). Who will be your servant and What will you fight for?

http://typemoon.wikia.com/wiki/Fate_series

[spoiler=more info]

are we going with a 7v7 war? 

Yes, any unfilled spots will be piloted by me but for incentive purposes i would only have one Master/servant pair that counted for me.

do we have people playing one master/servant team or does each player play one character(either a master or servant)? 

Both positions are open meaning that if some people don't mind being the servant for a master or visa versa thats fine but everyone is encouraged to create both a Master and Servant app.

are encounters going to depend entire on where characters want to go(which means we need maps or at least an area list)? 

Yes and i am working on a map as we speak, as well as a drawn map if possible.

how much will victory/defeat depend on the writers' discretion? 

well it would just be like any normal sort of Rp i guess, everyone would have to use their best judgement on when to attack, and when to actually receive damage, but no-one should be killed off completely within the first skirmish so everyone will have a chance to feel each others servants out so to speak.

any stats? 

Yes, i plan on using the same scale as they do in Fate/GrandOrder as shown here

http://fategrandorder.wikia.com/wiki/Attributes

http://fategrandorder.wikia.com/wiki/Servants (Servant Classes)-> note that only the traditional 7 classes will be available to choose from

http://fategrandorder.wikia.com/wiki/Noble_Phantasm (Noble Phantasm)-> C-EX rating scale, everyone will start out with a minimum of a C rated noble phantasm and a max of a A rated. throughout the RP if someone kills a servant or master or completes one of the plot quests they can have their servant's NP upgraded as one of the benefits.

Also the over all stats will be the same as Fate/GrandOrder as well with a F-A+ rating scale across these categories:

Strength: how physically strong the servant is.

Endurance: how well a servant can take a physical hit.

Agility: how well the servant can move around.

Mana: how strong the servant is when dealing with magic based attacks and how well they can defend agains them. 

NP: how strong the NP is.

also take note that if you are strong physically you won't also be able to start of strong mana wise, same with endurance and agility, Overall class type also affects how you can layout these stats. no one will be able to start out with all A+ either, ill come up with a servant rating scale once there is enough interest

ex. Saber is known for being extremely balanced in all categories or how riders are known for not being the strongest physically or mana wise they are known for having strong NP.

are there any particular incentives for the players(not the masters/servants they'll be playing) to actually try to kill each others' characters?

Possibly, we could do a point pot where winner takes all if they are standing victorious at the end.

are we still going with a 7v7 war? do we have people playing one master/servant team or does each player play one character(either a master or servant)? are encounters going to depend entire on where characters want to go(which means we need maps or at least an area list)? how much will victory/defeat depend on the writers' discretion? any stats? are there any particular incentives for the players(not the masters/servants they'll be playing) to actually try to kill each others' characters?

are we still going with a 7v7 war? 

Yes, any unfilled spots will be piloted by me but for incentive purposes i would only have one Master/servant pair that counted for me.

do we have people playing one master/servant team or does each player play one character(either a master or servant)? 

Both positions are open meaning that if some people don't mind being the servant for a master or visa versa thats fine but everyone is encouraged to create both a Master and Servant app.

are encounters going to depend entire on where characters want to go(which means we need maps or at least an area list)? 

Yes and i am working on a map as we speak, as well as a drawn map if possible.

how much will victory/defeat depend on the writers' discretion? 

well it would just be like any normal sort of Rp i guess, everyone would have to use their best judgement on when to attack, and when to actually receive damage, but no-one should be killed off completely within the first skirmish so everyone will have a chance to feel each others servants out so to speak.

any stats? 

Yes, i plan on using the same scale as they do in Fate/GrandOrder as shown here

http://fategrandorder.wikia.com/wiki/Attributes

http://fategrandorder.wikia.com/wiki/Servants (Servant Classes)-> note that only the traditional 7 classes will be available to choose from

http://fategrandorder.wikia.com/wiki/Noble_Phantasm (Noble Phantasm)-> C-EX rating scale, everyone will start out with a minimum of a C rated noble phantasm and a max of a A rated. throughout the RP if someone kills a servant or master or completes one of the plot quests they can have their servant's NP upgraded as one of the benefits.

Also the over all stats will be the same as Fate/GrandOrder as well with a F-A+ rating scale across these categories:

Strength: how physically strong the servant is.

Endurance: how well a servant can take a physical hit.

Agility: how well the servant can move around.

Mana: how strong the servant is when dealing with magic based attacks and how well they can defend agains them. 

NP: how strong the NP is.

also take note that if you are strong physically you won't also be able to start of strong mana wise, same with endurance and agility, Overall class type also affects how you can layout these stats.no one will be able to start out with all A+ either, ill come up with a servant rating scale once there is enough interest

ex. Saber is known for being extremely balanced in all categories or how riders are known for not being the strongest physically or mana wise they are known for having strong NP.

are there any particular incentives for the players(not the masters/servants they'll be playing) to actually try to kill each others' characters?

Possibly, we could do a point pot where winner takes all if they are standing victorious at the end.

how so?

One of a few things tends to happen. Either they don't get enough attention right at the beginning to bother continuing to keep them open, or the people who do note their interest tend to fall away fairly quickly. This is mostly just so you don't unnecessarily get your hopes up, I want you to succeed as do a few others of us who have tried running them before.

As for an actual question, if someone wanted to play a character who has appeared in the Fate/ canon before would they be stuck to using the Nasuverse interpretation of them? The obvious example being King Arthur Pendragon, who is a woman in Nasuverse. Would someone have to play them as such, or could they play Arthur as a man instead?

One of a few things tends to happen. Either they don't get enough attention right at the beginning to bother continuing to keep them open, or the people who do note their interest tend to fall away fairly quickly. This is mostly just so you don't unnecessarily get your hopes up, I want you to succeed as do a few others of us who have tried running them before.

As for an actual question, if someone wanted to play a character who has appeared in the Fate/ canon before would they be stuck to using the Nasuverse interpretation of them? The obvious example being King Arthur Pendragon, who is a woman in Nasuverse. Would someone have to play them as such, or could they play Arthur as a man instead?

I mean Arthur has appeared as a man in the nasuverse so...  :7596_key:

Then again I'm also not the host so it's up to them, but I did want to represent for my husbando~

I'm also gonna state my tentative interest depending on how you expand on the plot

Yes, both Nausverse servants and Legacy characters(I.e. RIn, Shiro, Waver) are available to be played as. OC are definitely encouraged as i will be making up servants and masters to help fill spots. one thing to note though is that there will be no "God" Heroic spirits except for the ones already in the Nausverse, we will only go up to the "Demi-God" category.

I'm also gonna state my tentative interest depending on how you expand on the plot

There will be various quests within the Rp that the NPC Masters and Servants will cause much like Caster from Fate/zero almost revealing the existence of the grail wars or Gilgamesh joining the war and going after the lesser grail in Fate/UBW. If you would like i can post a few ideas i had for the RP but i wanted to see how many people would join a first and what servants they would take before fleshing any ideas out too much.  

Archived