Zai's AMA

BANZAI!!!!

Why is your name Zaiduck?

The short answer is because it rhymes with psyduck.

The long answer is the same as above, but with a strange chain of gundam references and puns using "Zai" involved. My usernames almost seem to have taken on an identity of their own these last few years.

How does one obtain that many points?

Zai is a mod, and mods are allowed to post in the secret "mod forum". When a user posts on anywhere on YCM, they get some points depending on where in the forum. Most of the time that amount is 10 (I think), but in the mod forum, you get hundreds of thousands if not millions of points just for posting once. This means that mods have lots of points.

<I don't know if clauses apply here since you have all made comments with <25-30 word counts so I'm just going to ramble a bit here.>

Here is Miscellaneous, you get 0 points for posting, so feel free to say whatever short unedited garbage flows through your thoughts. As long as it complies with site rules (isn't overly sexual etc), you should be alright.

EDIT: almost forgot what I came to this thread for. #downwithduck

• What kind of plans do you have for Fanfics and RP in the (near) future? (In terms of getting new blood into the section, etc)
  • If Yui were made co-moderators of the above areas, how would you work together with him?
  • Favorite Deck to use in Yugioh?
  • Stuff that can be done with YCM to keep the new members here for longer periods of time.

There is a 5th question that I'll ask you privately on Discord due to its nature (which concerns another user and their actions in particular sections/threads.)

How does one obtain that many points? 

1. Sp33dn0id already noted this to an extent, but yeah, regular posts usually net 25 points/thread, 10 for replies and 1 point for the thread creator per reply in certain areas. I think it's just for CC, but idk. I can't check the point thing / how the thing is structured for certain areas because I don't have access to the point system altogether. (I do have access to knowing what the multiplier is for certain groups; as in how big the payout for certain groups are compared to the listed values.)

Mod forum is 100,000x that amount, so 2.5 mil for threads and 1 mil for replying. I don't know why it's that high; might have to take it up with Aix since he did have access to it. 

2. Outside Joke/OP cards, the planning areas in RP, Miscellaneous/Games, you get points for posting in here (and post increase). I think Clubs has the point thing turned off, but yeah [you still net post count]. 

Well... Don't. That will get you nowhere.

Are you enjoying being RP mod, then Zai?

There's things that I like about being on staff and things that I don't. Honestly though, the good outweighs the bad. So yes, I am enjoying it.

Now bow, Foolish mortals! Bow to your duck overlord!

• What kind of plans do you have for Fanfics and RP in the (near) future? (In terms of getting new blood into the section, etc)
  • If Yui were made co-moderators of the above areas, how would you work together with him?
  • Favorite Deck to use in Yugioh?
  • Stuff that can be done with YCM to keep the new members here for longer periods of time.
There is a 5th question that I'll ask you privately on Discord due to its nature (which concerns another user and their actions in particular sections/threads.)

1. RP is going to be a bit of a slow burn, but I still need to figure out exactly what to do with the RP cash rewards (I keep putting it off hoping the GCRP will end and I can give all of them zillions of points), and the members seem to all be pretty receptive to having some kind of RP awards, so i'm also brainstorming ideas for that. Fanfics/Creative Writing is a headache that i'm not looking forward to adressing, since its been left to rot for years and is now actually seeing activity again, which means I need to go in and give everything a good once-over. That said, we seem to somehow be getting a few new people in both sections every now and again, so I'm very glad that they're actually growing.

2. Yui's a good friend of mine (when I'm not being a diabolical overlord and manipulating him in Civ 5 #fuckpoland), and since we tend to agree on a lot of things it'd basically be like having a second set of hands to work on things. He'd be good to bounce ideas off of, and vice versa.

3. This changes with the format and my willingness to actually give konami my money, but I think I can safely say that I've had the most fun playing synchrons. Ridiculous combo decks really appeal to me. Special mention also goes to BEWD and basically anything I can use crystal wing in.

4. Update. The god. Damn. Cardmaker. Other than that it really just comes down to being as welcoming as possible. Help them find their way to sections they enjoy, and actively include them in those communities. I run a skype chat for (most of) the rp section and every now and again we add a new member who people seem to like. Usually works out well.

What is your favorite color if not red?

My favorite color is actually white (if you consider white a color). Red just so happens to be important for gundam memes, although I do like it a lot. Can you tell my favorite guild is boros?

I forgot which of us was the first to use the "Zaiaia" joke?

Also what originally got you into mechs?

What is the worst mech show you've seen?

I don't remember either. If I were a betting man, I'd say it was you though.

Even as a little kid I liked them (my favorite part of power rangers was always the megazord fights). But what really got me into mecha anime was gundam wing when it was on toonami in 2000. It was easily my favorite show and i'd never seen anything like it. It basically blew my six year old mind. I've been a huge fan ever since.

This is a hard question to ask. The worst mecha show i've ever seen, objectively speaking, is probably Dancougar. But Dancougar is so bad that its good, and I can name plenty of better shows that have bored me or made me actually angry (looking at you, Evangelion). I guess if I had to pick the show that I had the worst experience watching it would be cross ange, just because of how hateful and abusively sexualized everything was. And giving me SEED Destiny flashbacks didn't help either.

Yui's a good friend of mine (when I'm not being a diabolical overlord and manipulating him in Civ 5 #fuckpoland), and since we tend to agree on a lot of things it'd basically be like having a second set of hands to work on things. He'd be good to bounce ideas off of, and vice versa.

Excuse you but I'm the diabolical manipulator here.

Do you think that #downwithduck should happen or are you down with duck?

I like Zai. I think he's doing a decent job.

Looks like someone wants Zai out of office. Pay them no mind.

How would you react to that?

To me being demoted? Shitty, i guess. Wouldn't you feel bad about getting fired?

have you seen your evil twin paigoose since summer's war on ycm started?

That son of a pidgeon is gonna get what's coming to him.

Do you play yugioh online (ygopro, DN/DB, duel portal...) at all?

Also what is your favorite pokemon if it isn't Psyduck?

Used to play on DN quite a bit before it went kaput, but I haven't played online since.

Typhlosion is actually my favorite pokemon, though scizor and charizard are close seconds.

Archived