I'm gonna leave YCM. AMA.

Βyakuya

Yeah this koreaboo has had enough here. I've had a good run talking about anime/video games, posting gimmick decks, and overall messing around in TCG section for quite a while. The site and community has changed dramatically in the 8 years I have been here. No one really talks to me here anymore (though I didn't really care about posting much anyway), I've started to lose interest in the game, and work/school have been creeping on me more. It's just a waste of time to be here for me anyway.

AMA if you actually wanted to know me better before I do whatever else. I have a Skype so if you actually care about contacting me for maybe gaming on the Switch/PC (or even...have an actual conversation *gasp*) than feel free to send a PM. I might show up here and there to discuss stuff like the upcoming US/UM games or take part in holiday events, but other than that I'll just take my leave. 

bye

gib skype

also im happy to see you're still using the byakuya pastel tag i made for you waay back ^^

I really appreciate any gifts anyone gives to me here. I feel like if I don't save it then it will just be forgotten in time. Thank you!

Do you still only really play doubles?

I took a break from Pokemon, but so far I still play VGC. I have to catch up on the meta game if I ever wanted to go back to OU...

Are you Korean or part Korean or just a fan of all things Korean?

Why did you choose Byakuya as your current name? (Is it from Danganronpa? ^.^)

I'm kinda new here, so I haven't actually seen your decks yet. What are some of your favorite decks you've made?

What was the first username you went by?

Warriorninja22

...you know. The creative kinds of names you come up with when you're 13 years old.

What's your opinion on the relatively new Link and Extra Deck summoning rulings and mechanics?

Thoughts on our lord and savior Master Peace, the True Dracoslaying King?

Link Summoning to me is something that hasn't really been giving me a lot of excitement and there's been no incentive to me playing them that much. Even though they're being careful not to power creep the crap out of them, they're very underwhelming and CIBR stuff won't change the metagame. It's mostly stale and by the time True Draco meta fully dies out the meta will be pretty flat for a while. Maybe I could try to tech some Link stuff in older decks to try to keep them alive but it's just hard with such a small Extra. Til Konami gives us some fancy stuff I don't see myself messing around with it too much.

As for our lord and savior, he's the epitamy of the boss monster. He's perfectly powerful with some manageable weaknesses but obviously he can't stick around longer if people can't topdeck Kaijus fast enough.

where the skyp

Also what's your favorite K-Pop band? Individual singer? Specific song?

tis on the way sir

There's a funk ton of great groups. Here's my favorite ones in order of my personal favorites with some hit songs that are good bops/represent the group's kind of music and dynamic. 

Boy Groups:

BTS - Dope, I Need U, Blood Sweat and Tears

Infinite - The Chaser, Be Mine, The Eye

NCT 127 - Fire Truck, Limitless, Cherry Bomb

VIXX - Error, Chained Up, Shangri La

EXO - Overdose, Monster, Ko Ko Bop

Girl Groups:

Red Velvet - Dumb Dumb, Russian Roulette, Red Flavor

BLACKPINK - Whistle, Playing With Fire, As If It's Your Last

IOI - Dream Girls, Whatta Man, Very Very Very

SNSD/Girls Generation - Gee, Genie, I Got A Boy

Pristin (currently in my gif) - Wee Woo, We, Black Widow

Aww man sad to see you go. You were cool. Still remember that awesome Halloween when you were Koro-sensei!

What's your favorite anime and video game?

It was so much acting as him! I really wished I good participate more and acted better but in the end a lot of students liked me~\

The best anime for me would be Fullmetal Alchemist of course! Followed by Steins;Gate as a close second. Super Mario 64 was my first actual game and my favorite as well.

Are you Korean or part Korean or just a fan of all things Korean?

Why did you choose Byakuya as your current name? (Is it from Danganronpa? ^.^)

I'm kinda new here, so I haven't actually seen your decks yet. What are some of your favorite decks you've made?

I'm just a fan of all things Korean. Since I loved anime and I idols I wanted something fresh and amusing to get into and then I stumbled into the hellish world of K-Pop! Now there's no way out for me....and I don't mind at all.

Byakuya was chosen because of Bleach's Byakuya Kuchiki. I was just a fan of his stoic and calm personality as well as his motif of cherry blossoms. I kept the name cause I liked the actual meaning of the name. Danganronpa Byakuya is just too snobbish and egotistical to stand at times...

I made many for-fun decklists earlier in my time here. I loved making Shaddoll variants because of how fluid you can combine that deck with a lot of other archetypes and do creative and crazy combos. Just a shame what happened to Construct...I play that and many other decks like Burning Abyss, D/D, Dracopal, Kozmo, and Zoo IRL as well.

It was so much acting as him! I really wished I good participate more and acted better but in the end a lot of students liked me~\

The best anime for me would be Fullmetal Alchemist of course! Followed by Steins;Gate as a close second. Super Mario 64 was my first actual game and my favorite as well.

Yeah he was really great! Made the Halloween for me, honestly.

Ahhh yeah FMA is a classic and my favorite as well. Still haven't finished Steins;Gate (watched it in the YCM Anime Club and then stopped cuz wasn't able to keep watching every day like that). I only played a little bit of Super Mario 64 and it was good, but I'm also glad they've kept its legacy alive with games like Sunshine and Galaxy.

Yeah he was really great! Made the Halloween for me, honestly.

Ahhh yeah FMA is a classic and my favorite as well. Still haven't finished Steins;Gate (watched it in the YCM Anime Club and then stopped cuz wasn't able to keep watching every day like that). I only played a little bit of Super Mario 64 and it was good, but I'm also glad they've kept its legacy alive with games like Sunshine and Galaxy.

Steins;Gate is an anime where you can feel a lot of desperation, fear, bonding and emotion within the small cast of characters. There's some cheesy elements in it towards the end but it's worth finishing for sure.

Don't forget about the Odyssey coming soon; I'm definitely hyped up for that. Sandbox-ish kinds of Mario games are pretty much the best games Nintendo has to offer in the the Super Mario franchise.

Steins;Gate is an anime where you can feel a lot of desperation, fear, bonding and emotion within the small cast of characters. There's some cheesy elements in it towards the end but it's worth finishing for sure.

Don't forget about the Odyssey coming soon; I'm definitely hyped up for that. Sandbox-ish kinds of Mario games are pretty much the best games Nintendo has to offer in the the Super Mario franchise.

It's definitely top of the list to get back to, that's for sure. I ended up getting distracted by Psycho Pass recently but yeah meaning to return.

Oooh yeah super hyped for that. And they are really great. Though I also like their RPG ones like Paper Mario and Superstar Saga, but yeah.

Who's the most memorable person on YCM you've had contact with (direct or indirect)?  What did you enjoy about spending time with this person?

Honestly, the one whom I've talked with outside this forum the most with was Armz. Yes I know that he came off as pretty annoyingly moody and selfish but he was still someone who I'd duel and play Splatoon with as well as even discuss MLP back In the day, and he say some quirks here and there. He hasn't said anything since, but I know that I'm the one he goes to sometimes whenever he has to lash out some feelings. Nevertheless when he was around and not so emotional he was a good person to talk to aside from memes and he's gifted me quite some things.

And why is it me?

Anyway. OPINIONS ON THE BEST GEN 7 POKEMON, TAPU LELE?

Arguably the best Tapu. Psychic Surge too stronk in any current format and it's cuteness is something worth protecting. Best Gen 7 Pokemon however...I think Mimikyu would like to have a word with you..

Only 8 years?  Those are rookie numbers.  Got to step them up.

You're right, there's no escaping this system after all. Might as well continue shitposts for another 5 years.

• 3 months later...

Archived