drasticdropoff_dt06_en_dnpr_dt_by_bdscep

[spoiler=Drastic Drop-Off: Info]When your opponent adds a card(s) from their Deck to their hand, including drawing: They must discard 1 of those cards.

prolly already know why I'm putting this card up for discussion, but in case we missed the premiere episode of "any sufficiently recoverable anti-drawer's indistinguishable from Yata-Garasu" with your host, Angel Sage Minerva...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vPGChNLRc0M

yes, azneyes vid, but still

seriously what is up with LIGHT monsters named Minerva being so tech-happy? all they need to do is make a Minerva link, whole format's gonna go full Three Mile Island

anyways, think this is angling for a comeback with A.S.M.? People have already run thoroughly underwhelming Spells (coughDarkRoomofNightmarescough) to forward less degenerate strategies than this

and by people I mean devpro me

[spoiler=Common reaction to finding out it is an Azneyes video]IY9ov8s.jpg

Card is what regular Drop Off wanted to be: Non-counterable by Quick effects. It is also a nice bonus that Counter Traps have this sort of thing going on. 

For a little bit you could see even Negate Attack being used back in the day for a little while around my area because Counter Fairies.

It is most definitely in second plane though. Once the Solemns are maxed out and one desides to run Sanctuary's cards only. I've seen people using Dark Bribe too... Had been a while.

[spoiler=Common reaction to finding out it is an Azneyes video]IY9ov8s.jpg

Card is what regular Drop Off wanted to be: Non-counterable by Quick effects. It is also a nice bonus that Counter Traps have this sort of thing going on. 

For a little bit you could see even Negate Attack being used back in the day for a little while around my area because Counter Fairies.

It is most definitely in second plane though. Once the Solemns are maxed out and one desides to run Sanctuary's cards only. I've seen people using Dark Bribe too... Had been a while.

wut no recall

also yeah we're prolly gonna have a hit on the Solemns too.

Wasn't this card kinda popular back when nekroz was a meta deck? Ya know, since it basically kills any search ever?

Wait, was this not popular in true draco format? This killed off terraforming which means no searching for the right draco/king.

Wasn't this card kinda popular back when nekroz was a meta deck? Ya know, since it basically kills any search ever?

Wait, was this not popular in true draco format? This killed off terraforming which means no searching for the right draco/king.

Mind Crush is better.

Being a 1 for 1 that needs to be set beforehand is a huge check against both. If you just want to stop search effects, ghost ash is infinitely better.

Oh yeah, ghost ash was around in draco king. Makes this seem kinda outclassed now. But at the same time this cant be chained to unless its counter counter or something. Give and take

Ash Blossom don't have a card to bring it back upon use of another hand-trap. 

But yeah, that is gonna be the new thing now that the other hand-traps are being sniped (why Maxx "C" why)

Mind Crush is better.

Being a 1 for 1 that needs to be set beforehand is a huge check against both. If you just want to stop search effects, ghost ash is infinitely better.

One would say that a OPT effect on a hand trap where the opponent's got 40 other ways to search also available feels a tad...underwhelming as well. Like, it's meant for the Pot of Desires/A HERO Lives stuff, where your opponent's divested a  lot of resources to their Deck thinning ways.

But Mind Crush being better than D.D-O's got more to do with the whole Dark World SYNERGY even if you bomb and the revealing of your opponent's hand to check, which helps reveal a whole strategy to you regardless of whether it is immediately countered. 

In short, Mind Crush does more cause it reveals-and Drastic can do more cause it's recursive. A 1 for 1 is middling. A 1 for 1 EVERY TURN is bootleg Yata-Garasu.

I guess that's what happens when green gadget tries to be a buddy for you, get's dropped and broken :( (obviously referring to the art lol).

Anywhere besides CF you'd see this?

Probably not, the recoverability that Minerva grants to this is the main reason it's so terrifying.

Dude, ghost ash is a good card. A very good card. If you think this or mind crush is better, outside of specific synergies, you are just wrong.

If you're looking to stop searches forever, you might want to try Droll & Lock Bird yo

I'm actually looking forward to playing Counter Traps now because of that Minerva thing. Drastic Drop Off is something I forgot about for a while but I'm glad this thread is here :3

If you're looking to stop searches forever, you might want to try Droll & Lock Bird yo

I'm actually looking forward to playing Counter Traps now because of that Minerva thing. Drastic Drop Off is something I forgot about for a while but I'm glad this thread is here :3

Though Droll & Lock Bird does stop searches for the whole turn, it can't stop the first search. This is a huge check against it.

Not to mention that ghost ash also stops summoning from deck, as well as selective milling.

Aaaaaaaand it is a tuner, giving it more use beyond being a hand trap, which is occasionally relevant.

Overall, it is just a much more versatile card, and being able to stop a search after the opponent has already devoted to it make it more powerful as well.

Though Droll & Lock Bird does stop searches for the whole turn, it can't stop the first search. This is a huge check against it.

Not to mention that ghost ash also stops summoning from deck, as well as selective milling.

Aaaaaaaand it is a tuner, giving it more use beyond being a hand trap, which is occasionally relevant.

Overall, it is just a much more versatile card, and being able to stop a search after the opponent has already devoted to it make it more powerful as well.

I've seen your points on Ash Blossom, don't get me wrong. And I never said Ash Blossom was necessarily < D.D.O. or Mind Crush, just that this specific set of circumstances could make D.D.O. > Mind Crush, even though the latter held down formats for quite a while before Ash Blossom's birth.

Still, all three of this-plus Droll and Lock- would be the top 5 contenders for the "meta players don't wanna meet this in a dark alley" club. (#5, if this search-to-play format continues aplomb, may likely be Shared Ride, like Maxx "C" was before it. My wild card for this format.)

But yeah, you likely run BOTH Ash Blossom and Drastic for Counter Fairies now, (as well as plenty of Ties.) Minerva's endlessly bringing back only one of the two tho-be aware of that, is all I ask.

Eh, both Droll and Ash Blossom have their uses.

Am anxious to hear any other rogue Counter Traps that may be usable in the new Counter Fairy Deck tho.

Am anxious to hear any other rogue Counter Traps that may be usable in the new Counter Fairy Deck tho.

Cursed Seal of the Forbidden Spell, to kill literally every Spell Card in your opponent's Deck? I mean, Sanctuary, Minerva, Ariadne, Drastic Drop-Off, Cursed Seal, and one each of Warning and Strike is basically "you're screwed forever", especially if you use some sort of tech to prevent your opponent from dropping a Kaiju on your head.

Cursed Seal of the Forbidden Spell, to kill literally every Spell Card in your opponent's Deck? I mean, Sanctuary, Minerva, Ariadne, Drastic Drop-Off, Cursed Seal, and one each of Warning and Strike is basically "you're screwed forever", especially if you use some sort of tech to prevent your opponent from dropping a Kaiju on your head.

You'd have to run a fair amount of spells to make Cursed Seal live without Ariadne.

And while that "lock" is extremely difficult to pull off, it's relatively easy to play around. Some monster removal spell, Raigeki, Dark Hole, Forbidden Chalice etc, will either bait out of the Cursed Seal or stop the recursion. Then just as many Twin Twister/MST/Galaxy Cyclone as you like. Or just more than 3 monster effects in the same turn.

Archived