Railway Card Concepts

Ultimagamer

This is an extension on my original post regarding train support*

Clear and Rescue

Quick Play Spell Card

During either players' turn when a monster declares an attack, you may activate this effect. Negate that attack, then end the battle phase. Immediately after this effect resolves, special summon one level 10 earth machine type monster from your deck in face up defense position ignoring it's summoning conditions. It cannot be tributed, it's effects are negated while it is face up on the field, and it cannot attack or be used as ritual or synchro material. You can only activate one "Clear and Rescue" per turn

Conductor's Whistle

Normal Spell Card

Activate by discarding 1 card from our hand to the graveyard. Add two level 10 earth machine type monsters from your deck to the hand. You can only activate "Conductor's Whistle" once per turn 

End Of The Line Survival

Normal Spell Card 

Activate by making your lifepoints 100. Special summon up to 3 level/rank 10 earth machine type monsters from your graveyard in face up defense position. Their attack and defense are changed to 0 and their effects are negated as long as they remain face up on the field. They cannot attack or be used as synchro or ritual material. You can only activate 1 "End Of The Line Survival" per turn.

Super Dreadnought Ocean Cannon Unstoppable

Rank 10 Water Machine XYZ

1000 attack / 1000 defense 

Summoning condition : 2 Rank 10 earth machine type monsters with "dreadnought" in the name with different names 

This card cannot be target or destroyed by card effects. This card gains attack equal to the combined original attack of every monster attached to it as an XYZ material. You can detach one material from this card, Halve your opponents lifepoints. You can only activate the effect of "Super Dreadnought Ocean Cannon Unstoppable" once per turn

Please discuss the cards, and your thoughts on what their potential relevancy would be, should they ever be printed 

(I'll get to this before VCR_CAT does, as this is technically his Deck.)

Clear and Rescue

Alright, it's a weaker Negate Attack that summons a Train monster. Only things you can actually get out of it are Rocket Arrow, Night Express and Hustle Rustle; first one doesn't accomplish anything important (and the only one where ignoring the conditions matter), second and third don't care too much about effect negation, though they can wall for a while if needed. The no Synchro/Ritual thing is unnecessary; Trains don't have time to be making Star Eater or whatever Ritual you're thinking about teching with them.

I admit they need added speed to get out, instead of relying on Night Express / Switchyard to get stuff going, but...

Conductor's Whistle

Uh, you're outclassing Switchyard's effect right now, and this literally means "Night Express + Derricrane" = whatever Rank 10 of your choice (or plus off Switchyard for the potential C9). Reminder that Switchyard only gets 1 monster, albeit not Level restricted. Yes, it is hard OPT on activation, but read Switchyard again.

End of Line Survival

I really don't know why Trains would run this. Granted, it does give you the bosses back, but at best, all that's good for is either being Xyz fodder for the following card, or just regular Xyz stuff; that's it. Again, Synchro/Ritual thing is unnecessary. (Do you really think that Trains have the time to be using them?)

That, and the LP lowering semi-conflicts with them teching 35 for massive power. I suppose this is for very late game, but the restrictions kill any chance of this being viable.

Unstoppable

They can at least accomplish it in two turns (summon Dora first, then Gustav Max / burn and proceed to make this, or vice versa), and that alone makes it 7200 on summon (3000 from Cannon, 3200 from Dora and 1000 from this card's original ATK). To be fair, they only have those two anyway (and you might as well make it a Fusion if we're going specific). Then again, halving the opponent's LP opens up the increased stat gain from 35 (or decrease, depending on when you do it). Then again, only reason you'd ever go into this over the two materials needed for this if they lack their mats or can't attack (which the above card sets up for).

One thing that needs to be said is that it's also Astral Force-able off Aegaion the Sea Castrum, and while it won't yield as much starting ATK (usually), it's still going to be a pain to deal with in some capacity. 

(Also, how does this even tie into an actual train / cannon that got used in war?)

(Also, how does this even tie into an actual train / cannon that got used in war?)

I was kinda thinking about a ( Land, Sea, and Sky ) kinda thing, we have the skypalaces for the sky, rail cannons for land, but no water themed ones

For the synchro and ritual restriction, I added those in to ensure the cards wouldn't be too splashable into other archetypes. I also kinda had the glow up bulb in mind for the stuff like star eater too

Archived