Fire Emblem: Soul of Heaven [IC/PG-16]

Alaina

While the falcons had attempted to regain their footing against the beasts, it didn't seem that they were letting up on the pressure. While ready to strike against the sword wielding skeleton in front of him, Leon was caught off guard as the skeleton completely ignored him, continuing to move for the shaman. With a swift slice, it managed to reopen the wound she had received from the axe that had just been sealed. While the pain was not quite as much, the feeling would be familiar and even more so as three more carrion had bolted past both Rona and Leon to aim for the shaman once more. Only two of them had managed to make it to Ada, both tearing into her flesh with their beaks once more, with the third seemingly to stop short as it realized the shaman was too surrounded for it to strike, instead going for the nearby swordsman. 

Seeing the wyvern rider, the already heavily injured Carrion made its way over to Rona, only to be met with an axe that had immediately spelled its doom. The other Jouran was finding much less success in his ventures. Though he had been able to put the Carrion he had targeted to a swift end, the counterattack of the beasts that had arrived him had begun. Beset by fang and steel, Raynor found himself able to avoid the fangs of the hound amidst the clamor of battle, yet was still struck strongly by an axe and lance to his sides. Though he wouldn't find his wounds unbearable, he knew that a continued focused assault like this would spell his doom. 

As if to make matters worse, Leon could see that the swarm of monsters from the west had finally joined up with the rest of the beasts. Stressed as he could start to feel that they were slowly being strangled out by the beasts, the falcon leader heard the sound of the Draytter call out asking for his orders. Seeing that he was surrounded over there, Leon took a deep breath before he shouted, "Rona. Go and help Raynor out, Ada and I will handle the monsters over here." With that, the boy strained himself once more as he slashed at the sword wielding skeleton, cleaving off a few of its ribs. 

• Replies 379
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Rona wasn't sure what to do. Not unusual for her but still frustrating. Most of the Monsters had managed to slip past her as the wounded Carrion met its doom by her axe. She wasn't fast enough to intercept them all and they managed to attack her more fragile companions again.

The girl's hesitation was due to a simple matter. She could go back to help her allies...but this wouldn't stop until the Phantom was beaten and she was so close to that particular Monster. She could either go away from the Phantom to keep the others alive or go towards the Phantom to try and dispatch it swiftly.

And then, Leon gave her an order. "Rona. Go and help Raynor out, Ada and I will handle the monsters over here."

She winced as she saw Leon pushing himself to injure one of them. And, if he were to look at her, he might see a moment of hesitation and concern as he ordered her to do something she hadn't even thought of. Why would he do that? Clearly there were only two good choices here...but an order was an order.

And so, smile back on her face, she turned from the cluster of monsters and charged towards the axe wielding skeleton near her....companion. She brought it down and nearly cleaved the creature's skull in half with a single swing.

[spoiler=OOC]Rona moves to the left of Skeleton 9 and designates it for counter, unless dead, then hound 4 (if allowed I keep forgetting)

Ada braced herself for the attacks, making sure not to let them reach Layne behind her. She coughed up some blood as the impact occurred, shaking but holding herself in place. She looked back to make sure that the cleric was safe, with Leon also providing a barrier between the beasts and Layne, and, without a word, Ada swiped the vulneraru from Layne's hip. Using it and taking up a defensive stance once more, with eyes on the skeleton, she spoke quickly.

"I'll pay you back later, but I'm gonna need you to patch up Leon!"

[spoiler=OOC]Ada stays in place, takes Layne's Vulnerary, uses it, and prepares to counter Skeleton 4.

Layne winced as the battle grew more and more crowded around him... And the others. With Leon to his side and Ada in front of him, things were getting a bit... Cramped, but at the same time...

"...This isn't bad. I can heal you both from here, we just have to trust Rona and Raynor to not do anything too rash. Leon, how're you holding up?"

He watched as the skeleton lost a few ribs, the sight making him wince as he lifted the healing staff up into the air. That glow returned to it as he glanced around them, as if trying to decide what to do in the moment...  But ultimately he settled. The staff's glow faded away as the aura of it surrounded Leon, the worst of his wounds getting patched up as Layne coughed lightly, "That should help... Cover my side and I'll make sure we don't fall."

He flashed a grin over to Ada as she snagged the Vulnerary from his pocket, a little chuckle escaping him, "Take it! You need it way more than I do at the moment, just try and leave some for me. I might need it if this goes badly."

He took a deep breath as he gripped onto the staff harder, dancing from foot to foot as he tried to keep his feet light and prepare for the potential targeting he might face. There was nowhere to run at this point, all he could do was stick with the other two... And pray that nothing bad happened.

[spoiler=OoC]

Layne stayed put, using Heal on Leon to heal him for 22 HP.

Heal Staff 1 is at 14 uses remaining and cries for blood.

Raynor wasn't happy. He needed to get over and help the others, but he was currently surrounded and being pelted by attacks. If it kept up, he would actually be in some serious trouble. All he needed was an opening, but it would seem none would be given to him. He stabbed at the Skeleton in front of him, hoping to fell it in one swoop. However, it wasn't going to be that easy. The enemy took his attack, and launched a counterattack... one that missed him by a whole mile. Well, that was easy, at the very least.

And then Rona swooped in, attacking the axe wielding skeleton. "Thanks for the assist," Raynor commented as he spun his lance. "Let's break out of this and help the others,"

[spoiler=OOC]Raynor attacked Skeleton 10, which is also his counter target

Archived