Welcome to Yugioh Card Maker Forum
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account
Photo

Fire Emblem: Soul of Heaven [IC/PG-16]

Fire EmblemStats Skaia AAAAAAHHHH Eyyyy Tags Carry on my Wayward Son

• Please log in to reply
315 replies to this topic

Himiko Yumeno

Himiko Yumeno

It's maaaaagic!

• Moderators

• 47,561 posts
    Last Visit
  • Alias:Black
  • Spouse:Melody & Birdie

"Excuse me?" Ada hissed quietly when she was pushed to the side and ignored. The shaman balled her fists as the arrogant man, who she now knew as Susan, continued to give only Raynor the time of day... Until he decided to harass Rona some more instead. Placing her hand on the tome in her satchel, she considered attacking the man... but she decided against it. Maybe if they weren't in Aeora.

As Rona was dropped, the brute began to actually address them, but Ada had seen enough. Walking next to Rona, she offered a hand to help the wyvern rider up, keeping narrow eyes on Susanoo all the while.

"Hey, let's just head out. It's pretty clear to me that we're not... required at this time, and I think some time with Cormag would do you good."

Once the girl was up, Ada began to leave without a reply, seething. Men like that couldn't be reasoned with, and there was no point in trying. Some distance to keep her cool was for the best, and Ada could only hope that she wouldn't have to see his ugly mug again. Stepping outside, she rubbed Gojira on the head, sure the lizard had been watching. If he had, he hadn't shown any signs of agitation... So Raynor must have gotten in trouble like this regularly. Shaking her head, Ada looked back to see if Rona was following, motioning for the redhead to follow.

"Stupid prick..."

You are an insane person and very creative.

Smug Sultan Saikazo

Smug Sultan Saikazo

You thought it was K. Rool, but it was me, Dedede!!

• Elite Members
  • 1,752 posts
    Last Visit
  • Alias:Saiku

Raynor raised an eyebrow as he watched what was happening. The tall red head was... flirting(?), with Rona, which he found odd. Like, yeah, Rona wasn't bad looking, but he was sure it would take a woman that was like, nine feet tall and could wrestle a wyvern to impress the big man. He could be wrong though, but that was just the way it seemed. 

"Excuse me?" Ada called out, causing Raynor to take a deep breath. That wasn't good, and he had a pretty good idea that Gojira wasn't going to be happy with him. The lizard really liked Ada, after all. 

“As for you…” Susanoo turned his attention to Raynor.“Name’s Susanoo, but you can call me Susan or Bull. You the leader of these guys?” he tilted his head back to regard them, specifically staring down his nose at Leon.“They don’t look like much of a crew. Where you all tryin’ to get?”

"Bull? Shit, that's a cool nickname," Raynor mumbled. "Anyways, I'm not the leader, just the newest recruit to this group. He's the leader," Raynor said before motioning to Leon. "Actually a pretty good leader, even if looks would suggest otherwise," He rolled his shoulder a bit before grinning. "As for what we're tryin' to get, we've been hired to exterminate some monsters infesting an island nearby, and we need a badass captain to sail us to said island. You wouldn't happen to know anyone like that, would you?"

Gojira looked up as Ada approached, giving a lizardy purr as she rubbed his head. He had indeed seen Raynor do this a million times, and would probably see him do it a million more times. So the lizard wasn't too concerned. Instead, he did his best to follow Ada. Raynor could take care of himself.

05uIRqd.gif

Maeriberii Haan

Maeriberii Haan

Dr. Latency

• Aurora
  • 10,310 posts
    Last Visit Today, 12:24 PM
  • Alias:Nai

"Oh! Um...Al-Aleithe? Oh, um...this is embarrassing...sorry for yelling at you,"

"It's fine. I am here now. Come, let's return to that bar. You can trust me to protect you from any unpleasant people."

Aleithe looked at the person that Yue almost bumped to, and bowed in apology. He hadn't been fast enough in getting Yue back and calming her down...or maybe since he was so hurried in his chase, Yue ended up thinking that he was a thug. Well, it was his approach that was ultimately the fault here.

"Hm, or maybe you'd rather not be around the bar for now? I can accompany you if that is what you needed. Although...splitting off from the group might lead us to be left behind by them once they leave for our next mission."

Posted Image

Lewyn

Lewyn

I am nothing but a feckless minstrel.

• Elite Members
  • 2,356 posts
    Last Visit Today, 01:54 AM
  • Alias:Sethera

"It's fine. I am here now. Come, let's return to that bar. You can trust me to protect you from any unpleasant people." Aleithe then bowed at a man...oh was that the man she had almost crashed into? Oops.

"Hm, or maybe you'd rather not be around the bar for now? I can accompany you if that is what you needed. Although...splitting off from the group might lead us to be left behind by them once they leave for our next mission."

"Ugh..." Yue groaned, trying not to just...sink to the ground and burst into tears. She had regained a measure of her sanity just now, with Aleithe here, Aleithe who was always so calm and confident. The archer shook her head, looking at the ground. "I...maybe," she said hesitantly. "Just for now...I don't really know if I can handle returning, or if I'd just run away again." She bit her lip. She knew...she was holding the others back right now, but she really, really didn't think she could do this.

"I just...need to calm down for a bit, maybe." She looked away. "Sorry," she muttered.

Alaina

Alaina

「So that those thoughts won't be lost」

• Topic Starter
  • Mekakushi
  • 1,139 posts
    Last Visit Today, 12:15 PM
  • Alias:Skaia

The man acted about as pleasantly as Leon was expecting. After the man let out a loud bellow of a laugh, he was swiftly shoved aside from his comrades, causing the man to stumble back as a result. As he grabbed Rona forward and began to threaten her, the mercenary's stare of indifference turned far more cold towards the red headed man. While he had stayed his hand, he watched the man intently, waiting to see if he would do anything else and relaxed only slightly when he hadn't. While Rona asked if he had any intent on cutting the man down, Leon merely shook his head saying, "no. Not yet." 

While he was inclined to agree with Ada, he was almost certain that this man was the one they were looking for. And, as a result, they didn't have a much of a choice in the manner. As he asked about the leader, Leon merely raised his hand as Raynor motioned to him. His icy glare had warmed any towards the man, and his tone was doing nothing to mask it either as he said, "yes, I am the leader here. And yes, we need a ship to take us to the isle off the coast of this village to take care of some monsters. You happen to have that ship, correct?" 

tumblr_p1qytntdOx1ub8b3yo1_500.gif

RP Awards

Hakima

Hakima

Advanced Member

• Advanced Members
  • 303 posts
    Last Visit Today, 12:34 AM

Susanoo raised an eyebrow and stared at Leon incredulously. “You? Really?” he guffawed. “No offense, kid, but daddy hiring you some bodyguards doesn’t make you a leader.” He struggled to stifle his laughter as he took another drink from his mug. “If you’re actually lookin’ to hire someone to take you across to the isles, I’ll talk business with whoever is the captain of his guard. I’m guessin’ you?” He looked back to Raynor once again but was met with an icy silence.

Okay. Raynor was the rough-and-tumble type but maybe he wasn’t eager to command. “So it’s you, girlie?” he redirected his attention towards Rona. “Awfully young to be leadin’ anything, but okay, I’ll bite. Pull up a seat and we can talk.” He was once again met with a dreadful silence where no one said anything.

... You’re jokin’ me. You gotta be... This can’t be the right guy.” Susan shook his head. Leon was unassuming as they came. There was literally nothing that would imply he was the leader of a band of warriors, especially not one with fighters the caliber of Raynor. “Fine. You wanna talk, pull up a seat. Maybe grab a crate to sit on while you’re at it so you can see over the table.”

Accurate Mental Image
Danger Is My Middle Name

God Emperor Cow

God Emperor Cow

Neopolitan

• Moderators
  • 11,390 posts
    Last Visit Today, 01:43 PM
  • Alias:Lord CowCow
  • Spouse:Shiki/Aix

Rona wanted to leave. She didn't like this. It felt as though she were the center of attention and she didn't know what do to with that. If an actual fight broke out again would she be able to protect Leon when it mattered?

She was tempted by Ada's offer to leave. The girl was upset and she gave her the perfect excuse to leave, making sure she was alright, but she couldn't let herself turn her back on this man and leave like that. So she stood her ground, giving Ada an apologetic shake of her head.

When Susanoo asked her if she was the leader she almost trembled at the thought. Her leading anyone was such a terrible idea and she couldn't fathom how quickly everyone would fall if she was left in control.

So she just gave a stern shake of her head. "I assure you the commander is more than capable of leading." She said. Though she couldn't help but understand his skepticism. Leon certainly wasn't like any leader that she had seen before. Which just meant that she had to stick by him all the more. To make sure he doesn't go in over his head.

That was her job, after all.

8PBUpdp.gif

Alaina

Alaina

• Topic Starter
  • Mekakushi
  • 1,139 posts

Leon was quite aware of how he looked, especially in comparison to the rest of his men. Yet, he did not seem to change his expression at all as he continued to give his cold stare at Susanoo, as the man looked from Jouran to Jouran about who was actually the leader. Upon the man's defeated realization that Leon was indeed the leader, the man moved to get a chair, ignoring the last comment made by the brutish man. Sitting down, Leon looked to Yonan before him, saying, "I'll make myself brief. As you already know, we've been hired to do a job here that involves moving to the small isle to the south. There are monsters there, and we need to get rid of them. Most of the people here won't give us a boat to use and so, since you seem to have a vessel much sturdier then everyone else's, I'm asking that you aid us in getting there." 

Meanwhile, while Leon was talking to the man inside, the group outside would see a clear crowd forming. The town itself was no stranger to a hectic bar fight here and there, especially since Susanoo had made his presence known. Yet, some still made their way to check it out, just to see if there was any excitement to be had. Of course, they were greeted with a sight much stranger then normal, and as a result called attention to others. A small crowd was gathered just a bit away from the group, though they seemed to be chatting amongst each other, some worried faces and some clearly pointing towards the salamander that had found its way next to one of their bars. 

RP Awards

Lewyn

Lewyn

• Elite Members
  • 2,356 posts

Yue was waiting for Aleithe to reply, biting her lip when no answer was forthcoming. Oh no oh no oh no, she thought, sweat starting to bead on her face. Did I...make him mad? Ugh, of course I did, he probably thinks it's a bother coming over and dealing with me. She cringed, looking around for a way to make her escape from this awkward conversation, when she straightened suddenly at a nearby conversation.

"What's a salamander doing here? Do you think...the Jourans?"

"Nah, what would they be doing here?"

"But still...maybe we should do something about it."

Uh oh. "E-excuse me!" Yue tugged briefly on the first speaker's shirt. "You said...a salamander?"

The man looked at her clothing. "You Yonan? Yeah, found it over near one of the bars. Best stay away from it, missy, you never know what one of those'll do to you.

"Um...I don't know..."

"Well, take it from me. They're bad news," the man shrugged and resumed his conversation.

The archer turned back to Aleithe in a panic. "Aleithe! W-we need to go back, now!" her voice grew shrill and actually fairly audible in her panic. And with that, she ran back toward the way she had come. However, as unerring an inner compass she had in the wilderness, she could not help but become hopelessly lost in town. Soon, she lost sight of Aleithe, and anybody, actually, finding herself in the back alleys of town.

"W-where am I?" her lip trembled. "I'm scared..."

"You'll find yourself even more scared lest you give me some of your gold..." a voice whispered into her ear accompanied by the sharp prod of a knife against her back.

"Eep!" Yue shrieked and accidentally clubbed the poor mugger with her elbow, running for her life before he could do anything else. Her eyes were wide and scared as she ran without thought, until she nearly crashed into a large scaly hide. "Oh, Gojira, hello!" she smiled, "And uh...hello...Ada...Layne," her voice dropped to a whisper as she stared at her feet. "Um..." she searched for something to say, to be polite. "Oh! Yeah, people were talking about a salamander...maybe we should...um...move?" she looked up, gnawing on her bottom lip. "I don't like it when people stare..."

Smug Sultan Saikazo

Smug Sultan Saikazo

You thought it was K. Rool, but it was me, Dedede!!

• Elite Members
  • 1,752 posts
    Last Visit
  • Alias:Saiku

Gojira was doing his best to stay patient, but the smells of the city was distracting him. He almost wanted to just drag the person holding on to him, but he knew that'd get him scolded, and then he wouldn't hear the end of it from his roommates, so there he sat, quietly waiting. It didn't take long however, for something to collide into him. He looked up lazily, seeing it was a delicate looking girl. He had seen her before and knew her scent... she seemed pleasant enough. 

She also seemed scared.

He moved his head over to her, gently rubbing his head against her side. He obviously was trying to comfort her.

Raynor watched as the group spoke to each other. It seemed talks were going well, so he might as well check on Gojira. Getting up and heading outside, he noticed that a group of his fellow party members was gathered around his salamander... and it seemed the town wasn't comfortable with Gojira there. Of course... well, maybe they could help...

"Hey guys," Raynor said with a grin, raising a hand in greeting. "Talks seem to be going good, but I'm gonna stay inside in case something happens. Do you all mind if you take Gojira for a walk? It seems the town isn't all too welcoming to him, but after the bandits took him, I didn't want to leave him alone outside of the town,"

05uIRqd.gif

Niko

Niko

On Little Cat Feet

• Yatagarasu

• 72 posts
    Last Visit

Layne relaxed outside of the bar as the fight seemed to be calming down, his focus on the people in the town whenever someone walked by. He grinned a little bit as he got a little idea, reaching into his bag to pull out a hat and started to make his way down the street, towards a more crowded part of the fishing town as he hummed to himself...

"Hello, hello everyone! I'm your host this evening on a magical adventure." Layne grinned as he held the staff in his hand up into the air, twirling it as the end of it began to shine with a little light, before tossing it up into the sky. The staff exploded into light the shine flowing into the air as he grinned towards the small crowd that had gathered around. He snapped his fingers as the glow suddenly ended, the staff having vanished out of midair, instead replaced by a ball that bounced up and over the crowd, before exploding into a cloud of smoke in the air...

Layne hummed as he sorted through the hat, noting the different little tips he had gotten, counting it up as he nodded his head softly. He began to make his way back to the bar where the rest of the group should've been at, twirling his staff in his hand as he held the coins in his hand, the hat safely stowed away in his bag once again, "Alright! Little bit of success, got some spare spending money now, maybe I can grab a bite to eat before the others get the information we need. Now, where to go..."

He was about to go and find something to pick up, but it seemed like he wasn't really able to. Without much warning, he quickly ran over to Ada, seeing her exit out of the bar with what was clearly a very... Upset look on her face. He narrowed his eyes as he ran over to her and Gojira, a small frown on his face as he spoke up, "Ada! Are you okay? Are the, uh... Negotiations not going so well?" He mumbled as he rubbed at his cheek, brushing a little bit of sweat off his forehead as he took a little glance around, "...It's just you, so I guess the others are still in there..."

"Oh, Gojira, hello!" she smiled, "And uh...hello...Ada...Layne."

Layne mumbled a little bit as he rubbed at his neck, trying to keep his voice down as he glanced back to Yue with a small smile, "Uh... Hey, Yue. Ada just came out from the negotiations." He tried to keep the interaction with her down to a minimum, but he noticed the sort of panicked way she had appeared, the scowl on his face coming back, "You alright? Has someone been harassing you?"

And almost immediately following that up, Raynor stepped out of the bar himself, and seemed to come with decent news! After seeing Ada storm out of the bar with that look on her face, Layne had kinda assumed the worst, but now...

"Well, Yue, Ada... You think the two of you can handle the big lizard? I'm not the best with animals myself, so... Whatever you two think would be best is good by me."

KaydenNorth.gif

Hakima

Hakima

Advanced Member

• Advanced Members
  • 303 posts

Susanoo sloshed his half-empty mug around, idly mulling over the boy’s request. He hadn’t originally been planning on helping them—he had only offered to talk business with them to kill time—but the “leader” of the Iron Falcons was more interesting than expected. It wasn’t often he met a man who didn’t back down once he stood up and gnashed his teeth at them, rarer still for someone to do so after they had seen him in action; anyone who did stand up to him either had a small army of a reason to be confident. “What’s in it for me?” he finally asked, turning his head away to spit a mouthful on blood onto the floor, wiping away what was left on his lips with the back of his sleeve“Assumin’ you plan to pay, the trip would cost around a hundred gold up front; another fifty on the way back, once again assumin’ you survive. Throw in another hundred and I’ll join you on the island to make sure you survive.”

His eyes slid over to Rona, once again sizing her up. He honestly wasn’t too interested in the girl—the only thing she had going for her was a nice rack—but seeing how it irritated the brat was too funny. “I’m open to other kinds of payment, though, if you don’t have the coin.” He raised an eyebrow suggestively at Rona, smirking. “What do you say?”

Accurate Mental Image
Danger Is My Middle Name

God Emperor Cow

God Emperor Cow

Neopolitan

• Moderators
  • 11,390 posts
    Last Visit Today, 01:43 PM
  • Alias:Lord CowCow
  • Spouse:Shiki/Aix

Rona glanced over at Raynor as the man left. Now it was just her, Leon, and the so-called captain. On one hand it was good not to have so many people crowded around but on the other having so few people around such a wild man was not the most relaxing situations.

It appeared as though the commander had everything under control, however. They had reached the point where the man was asking for payment instead of refusing to help which was most likely a good thing. He even gave a price. The girl wasn't sure if it was too much or too little, she was never good with money, so she was going to merely gauge Leon's reaction to the offer.

Though that was when the man turned to her and spoke in his vile way. She had some idea what he was asking for. And the thought was absolutely disgusting. She kept her expression set as she looked at him. "You waste your breath asking me for that. I fight. My body is not meant for anything more than that." It was the closest she had come to admitting her feelings of self-worth and the moment she said that she worried that Leon would realize what she meant by it. She had to hope he'd think she was merely refusing the man's advances.

Though if Leon did order her to do it...what would she do?
No, he wouldn't do that. That wasn't the kind of person he was.
But what if he did?

"Commander I should remind you once more if we don't want to spend coin on this I have no doubts I could take Cormag and head to the island myself."

That's right. Remind him that she was worth something. Anything to get out of this conversation. Get out of her head. She'd rather charge into an army of monsters than spend any more time thinking about horrid possibilities.

8PBUpdp.gif

Alaina

Alaina

• Topic Starter
  • Mekakushi
  • 1,139 posts

Leon looked towards the man in front of him as the discussion went underway. While the man seemed to be interested in what it was that Leon had to offer, he didn't seem to care for too long as he instead made an offer his own. While he at first found the terms acceptable, as he made his comment towards Rona the boy's eyes once more took on an icy glare towards him. With Rona herself denying the advance of the man, Leon sharply spoke, "you'll have your payment in gold." 

As Rona made her offer to go to the island by herself, Leon looked to her, shaking his head saying, "that won't be necessary. We'll go and complete this mission as a team." Looking back to the man he asked again, "now then Susanoo. Do we have your services, both to take us to the island and aid in any combat?" 

RP Awards

Lewyn

Lewyn

• Elite Members
  • 2,356 posts

Yue started to calm down a little as Gojira rubbed his head against her side. "Aww, thank you Gojira!" she giggled.

"Uh... Hey, Yue. Ada just came out from the negotiations." Layne said, his tone surprisingly soft. He scowled soon afterward, causing the archer to flinch before she realized what it was about. "You alright? Has someone been harassing you?"

"E-eh? No, um..." she trailed off, remembering just then that somebody had in fact tried to rob her, but...she had elbowed him in the face, hadn't she? Oh dear, that was no good. She was raised better than that. Oh gosh, if she saw him again, she would have to apologize. "I think I...um...bothered somebody else though. Oh, and Aleithe! Oh no, I left him behind!" she gasped.

"Hey guys," Raynor said with a grin, raising a hand in greeting. "Talks seem to be going good, but I'm gonna stay inside in case something happens. Do you all mind if you take Gojira for a walk? It seems the town isn't all too welcoming to him, but after the bandits took him, I didn't want to leave him alone outside of the town."

"Well, Yue, Ada... You think the two of you can handle the big lizard? I'm not the best with animals myself, so... Whatever you two think would be best is good by me."

"I can handle him," Yue smiled, smiling softly as she looked at Gojira. "Right, Gojira? You're just a lovable little cuddle bug, aren't you?" she started to scratch underneath his chin as she spoke, forgetting momentarily what she had just been panicking over.

Hakima

Hakima

Advanced Member

• Advanced Members
  • 303 posts

Susanoo pushed himself to his feet and cackled. “Keep those coins coming and I’ll make sure those heads keep rolling!” he promised, brushing the handle of his axe with his thumb in a sensual manner. “I’ve been itching to raise anchor for the last few weeks anyways. This town doesn’t have much left for me to break.” He grinned and gnashed his teeth suggestively, making it clear that he wasn’t just talking about buildings.

People all around them were beginning to stir. Susanoo took that as his cue to head out. He extended his hand for Leon to shake, wiggling his fingers impatiently. “Shake on it to seal the deal and then I’ll be out of your hair. Just swing by the docks with the gold and your crew whenever you’re ready to get going.”

Accurate Mental Image
Danger Is My Middle Name

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users