Fire Emblem: Soul of Heaven [IC/PG-16]

Alaina

Raynor was completely and utterly furious at the moment. He couldn't believe how audacious these bandits were, somehow taking his most beloved partner? He couldn't imagine how the group did it, but they must have harmed him to do it. They would pay for it, and the currency was their split blood. He gripped his lance as he walked through the woods, gritting his teeth. He was both mentally preparing and beating himself up, he wouldn't have to be doing this if he wasn't so stupid. 

His thoughts were interrupted by the sounds of something he was all too familiar with. Monsters. He gripped his lance, growling to himself. He was hoping to avoid those and have a straight shot at the bandits, but nope, seems he had to waste time with these. However, it seemed he wasn't alone. He could make out the figures of two more people in the woods.

One clearly from Jouran, easily identifiable by the family-like bond all Jourians shared... it totally wasn't because of her skin tone or the fact she was riding one of those oversized bats. No siree. He wasn't the biggest fans of Wyverns, but he could see the appeal. Anyways, the important thing was that it was very unlikely she was part of the bandits, as well... she wasn't of this area, similar to him.  

The other was... unusual, at least to him. The girl was slim, and honestly looked... way too fragile, like one touch would shatter her. Was it the best idea to have someone like her around these parts? He wasn't too sure, but then again, she almost didn't seem... human. She just seemed so mysterious and otherworldly. How odd. The important thing was, there was more than likely more than just these two. A group to take on the bandits with... it seemed like the best plan.

So when the Jourian broke away to fight the monsters, he ran forward, skidding to a stop to her right. This was honestly the best shot he had.

"A fellow Jourian. huh?" He called out to her. "It's been awhile since I've seen one, and a Wyvern Rider at that," He commented as he took a stance, staring down the monsters that would more than likely flank her. "Let me help you clear out these monsters," He said. "Between the two of us, we should have this covered," he commented before chuckling. "It might actually be overkill, but still," He then took a stance, ready to counterattack against the axe wielding skeleton he saw.

[spoiler=OOC]Raynor moved above where Rona is and designated Skeleton I as his counterattack

• Replies 379
  • Created
  • Last Reply

"That's a wonderful idea!" Rona said, grinning at the girl. "I'll have your back, of course, so just keep your eyes forward!"

Yue brightened at that. "R-really? That's great," she whispered in relief. She would feel a lot safer with the brave wyvern rider following behind.

"Someone should probably handle the scouting, yeah... Don't go too far ahead of us if you do though. And come straight back if you get hurt so I can patch you up. Can't go into battle a woman down." Layne said, grinning and poking out a tongue.

The archer smiled shakily at him. He was still loud, but he was also nice.

As they walked through the forest, Yue stopped as soon as she heard a rustling noise from in front of her. Peeking around a bush, she spotted a tall man with one glaring yellow eye, the other covered by an eyepatch. He also looked rather like Rona, which meant he was probably Jouran. Was he an enemy? Shaking, the archer retreated a step, letting out a pitiful mewl.

Another noise came from the side at that moment. This one would be far more apparent to the group as a whole, as the whole forest to the side of them seemed to be coming to life. A low growl, from multiple sources, one that would be recognizable to most if not all members of the group.

Leon let out a sigh as he looked to the side saying, "hounds." Drawing his blade, it was clear that there was a fight to be had against the beasts that made their home here.

Yue, however, perked up, fear forgotten, eyes lighting up. "Oooh, hounds, I've heard a lot about hounds. I even fought them a few times, though I wish I hadn't. Poor little babies, they're just like doggies." She cooed at the skeletons as well. "Aww, they look so hungry."

"Stay back!" Rona yelled at Yue. "Meet up with the group, don't get too close to them without backup!" Upon giving Yue this advice she proceeded to not follow it herself. Spurring Cormag forward, Rona flew towards the skeleton nearest, wielding a sword, and swung her axe down upon it. "Come at me, fiends!" She taunted the monsters.

The girl jumped, startled out of her monster-induced haze. "Oh, um," she said, not wanting to voice that she didn't really want to fight these poor things.

The scary man joined the fight as well, calling out to Rona. "A fellow Jourian. huh? It's been awhile since I've seen one, and a Wyvern Rider at that," He commented as he took a stance, staring down the monsters. "Let me help you clear out these monsters. Between the two of us, we should have this covered. It might actually be overkill, but still," He then took a stance, ready to counterattack against the axe wielding skeleton he saw.

It looked like both of them had things covered at the moment. Yue took the opportunity to retreat a few steps to the thicket behind her. She didn't want to fight, but she would probably have to, which made her feel not-very-good. She whimpered a bit at the thought of hurting innocent monsters.

[spoiler=OOC]

Yue moved to the thicket three squares to the right of Rona's original location.

"And I'm glad to hear it. I just got lucky that I wasn't targetted, because I did rush in... Or maybe it was due to superstitious fear of me?"

"It's unwise to rely on luck and superstition to get you through conflicts like this. As long as you don't needlessly put yourself into dangerous situations, there shouldn't be an issue. Losing someone in such a small group like this would be a sizable blow to all of us."

Chatting with Ada to pass the time as they passed the woods, Aleithe felt somewhat more at ease. He had been a bit too tense the past night, and albeit unwise to keep up for long, unwinding a bit so he could focus better shouldn't hurt, probably. However, it didn't even last long. Soon, a ruckus seemed to happen on the distance as Yue seemed to rush back to the group and Rona seemed to swoop on something. Something was quite amiss. Boarding Reina as soon as he could, Aleithe turned to the direction where Rona seemed to sweep in, and noticed the presence of monsters. Skeletons and hounds, and seemed to be quite numerous if a lot of their numbers were hidden by the thick woods.

"This is quite unfortunate. I'll go be the vanguard for attacking the nearest enemies, some of you should catch up to Rona and ask Yue about her situation."

With that said, Aleithe lifted up with Reina, and rushed to the side, making sure that the group know that they were near the enemies. A skeleton was on his range, but as it would push himself a bit too far into the enemy line, Aleithe chose to stop not too far away from Layne, preparing himself to dish out a counter attack depending on the movement of the monsters.

[spoiler=OOC]

Aleithe went to Layne's left and asked Ada to check up on Yue and Rona, designating Skelly A for counterattack.

Chitose/Servan Woods Entrance

A low, growling sound jolted Chitose awake, as if she had been in a daze until then. Her hand went straight for her swords' grip and she glanced at her surroundings.

A number of skeletons and hounds had ambushed the group from one side. Rona and Yue were further ahead, separated from the group as well. She then noticed from the corner of her eye, and turned to the right. The woods obscured her vision significantly but she spotted a Barbarian. There were possibly more but from where she stood she saw only one. Due to being in the very back of the formation, it was likely only she could've seen them too.

"Bandit to the left spotted, everyone." Chitose warned the members near her and ran to the right. "I shall attempt to hold them and prevent an ambush. I alone may not be enough, someone come assist me."

[spoiler=OOC]Chitose moves 5 spaces to the right.

"It's unwise to rely on luck and superstition to get you through conflicts like this. As long as you don't needlessly put yourself into dangerous situations, there shouldn't be an issue. Losing someone in such a small group like this would be a sizable blow to all of us."

"You're telling me. I felt like I had to rush in to fix things, though I don't think my actions changed much." Ada tilted her head, "Maybe I'm just as bad as the rest of them..."

Shortly after, the skirmish began. Ada and Aleithe witnessed Rona swooping down, and the shaman cursed her luck. If the enemy didn't know they were there before, they surely did now. 

"This is quite unfortunate. I'll go be the vanguard for attacking the nearest enemies, some of you should catch up to Rona and ask Yue about her situation."

Ada nodded and took off, heading straight. As she moved, she saw the skeleton and hounds to the west, heading towards the group. So the skirmish was with monsters? As if they needed more complications to a raid on a forest fort.

"Watch out, monsters to your left!" She yelled back as she pressed on. When she stopped to look around, she saw Yue picking out of a thicket to the east and breathed a sigh of relief. She began to walk towards her, but hesitated. She knew the girl feared her, but it seemed like she would need to stay near the lone archer.

"Yue, are you alright? Where'd Rona head off to after that attack?"

Ada asked as gently as possible, given the situation. While waiting for Yue's reply, followed the girl's gaze, seeing Rona next to a fair-skinned man with an eyepatch wielding a spear. Was he a bandit? No, the appearance didn't seem like an Aeoran bandit... More like a Jourian. But why would he be way out here?

[spoiler=OOC]

Ada moved up 4, right 1. 

She is down 1/left 1 of Yue.

As everyone mobilized to their positions, Leon got himself ready to fight as well. As Chitose informed the group of a possible bandit flank in addition to the monsters they were already facing, let out an exasperated sigh, realizing the situation was going from bad to worse here. Being unable to retreat to the side, and with the group split up as they were unable to retreat backwards, Leon merely moved up to protect their healer and stop the encroaching advance of the monsters.

Enemy Phase

With the monsters on the move, they began to attack those in sight. The first of the skeletons charged the kinshi rider, striking them with its claws and scratching across the rider's torso. Yet still, the rider struck back with a fearsome sword strike of their own, knocking a large collection of the skeleton's rib cage out, and causing it to stumble a bit. All the same, it was still standing. Next, a skeleton armed with a twisted looking lance ran up to both the sword wielders, opting to strike the mercenary leader and hitting with a thrust into the side of the man's gut. While he felt the pain from the attack, Leon responded swiftly by striking the creature's skull, knocking a fair bit of bone off of it, though not enough to cause the monster any pause. The nearby hounds and skeletons then started to merely cover the ground around them, closing in on the cluster of mercenaries. 

Meanwhile, in spite of the sword wielding skeleton being crushed by the wyvern rider's axe, the rest of the monsters didn't seem all that deterred in their progress. The one wielding the axe made their way over to the eye-patched Jouran, finding purchase in the man's shoulder but strangely not going very deep in it. In retaliation to this, the man struck back with his lance, dealing a significant blow to the skeleton and causing it to stagger back. Seeing an opportunity, one of the lance wielding skeletons charged the man, though he would be able to easily dodge this as the spear's aim was nowhere close to him. While distracted by this, though, another of the skeletons struck at him with its claw, scraping against his body and doing...nothing. The hound, meanwhile, charged the wyvern rider, jumping at them with fangs bared. It's first attack had it sink its fangs into the girl's skin, and though it wasn't much, the damage was still there. Letting go, the hound backed up, leaping backwards as the axe came down in retaliation, but hitting nothing but air, as the hound jumped back and bit down successfully once more. 

The bandits seemed to be merely sitting back and waiting, watching the whole thing unfold. 

Player Phase

BGM

[spoiler=OOC]

[spoiler=Enemy Phase]

Skeleton A attacks Aleithe for 5 damage, Aleithe has 19 HP
Aletihe counters for 11 damage, Skeleton A has 5 HP
Skeleton E attacks Leon for 7 damage, Leon has 14 HP
Leon counters for 11 damage, Skeleton E has 5 HP
Skeleton I attacks Raynor for 5 damage, Raynor has 20 HP
Raynor counters for 12 damage, Skeleton I has 4 HP
Skeleton G attacks Raynor, but misses
Skeleton H attacks Raynor for 0 damage. Tough break. 
Hound A attacks Rona twice for 3 damage each. Rona has 15 HP
Rona counters but misses. 

Also found in the combat log.

[spoiler=Map]
xeCRo8q.png

[spoiler=Hound Stats]

HP: 18 
Str: 7
Mag: 0
Skl: 6
Spd: 7 
Lck: 1
Def: 2
Res: 1
Mov: 6

Equipped with Fangs

[spoiler=Skeleton Stats]

HP: 16
Str: 5
Skl: 5
Spd: 5
Lck: 0
Res: 4
Mov: 5 

Skeletons A, C, D, H are equipped with claws. 

Skeleton I is equipped with a Wight Axe. 

Skeleton B and F are equipped with a Wight Sword. 

Skeleton G and E are equipped with a Wight Lance. 

[spoiler=Fighter Stats]

Lck: 3
Def: 4

Equipped with Iron Axes

[spoiler=Barbarian Stats]

HP: 20
Spd: 6
Def: 3

Equipped with Iron Axes

[spoiler=Bossenary Stats]

HP: 23
Skl: 9
Def: 4+2
Res: 3

Bossenary is equipped with an Iron Sword and Leather Shield

[spoiler=Current HP]
Leon: 14/21
Rona: 15/21
Aleithe: 19/24
Yue: 17/17
Ada: 21/21
Layne: 17/17
Chitose: 21/21
Cassia: 18/18
Raynor: 20/25

Skeleton A: 5/16

Skeleton B:  16/16

Skeleton C: 16/16

Skeleton: D 16/16

Skeleton E: 4/16

Skeleton G: 16/16

Skeleton H: 16/16

Skeleton I: 4/16

Hound A: 18/18

Hound B: 18/18

Hound C: 18/18

Fighter A: 18/18
Fighter B: 18/18

Barbarian A: 20/20
Barbarian B: 20/20

Bossenary: 23/23

Item Stats 
Player Stats
Active Combat Log

If there are any errors or issues please be sure to inform me. . 

She had managed to shatter the skeleton in a single blow! Rona's smile was more real than it had been in a while. Though, looking at their numbers, she felt the nerves rearing their heads again.

"A fellow Jourian. huh?"

Rona's body trembled slightly as she was just barely able to contain her shock at the sudden entrance of a man. Not just any man. A Jourian. Someone from her home. Her home which she fled from in dishonor.

Even as she worried over this she greeted the man in a voice that wouldn't betray her concerns. "Hail, comrade, it shall be an easy fight but the quicker it ends the better!"

Thankfully he looked focused on the fight. She would have to try and avoid him after it. She didn't know how much this man knew but her father was fairly famous among their people. If he somehow connected her to him...

Her eyes widened as she was bitten by one of the hounds. Her hasty attack met only air and, worse, the creature attacked her yet again.

She winced at the pain and tried to refocus. There was a large cluster of monsters around her and the other Jourian. However some had slipped past...but she had to keep up her attack. She had missed the hound. She had to make up for her mistake. Trying to focus more, she aimed the next attack at the hound's back, the largest target.

[spoiler=OOC]...Rona doesn't move, attacks Hound A. Designates Hound A for counter unless it dies from her attack then Skeleton H.

Yue shivered in the thicket, unsure what to do. How could she bring herself to attack these monsters?

While she was worrying, Ada approached, "Yue, are you alright? Where'd Rona head off to after that attack?" The woman seemed to realize the answer to her question right afterward, eyes tracing the forms of the wyvern rider and the scary man beside her.

"Y-yeah, they're over there," the archer pointed them out, letting her arm flop to her side afterward. She shrank a bit at the shaman's gaze, but no, this wasn't the time to be scared of her own allies, but, but that person made her feel prickly and weird and tingly and kind of reminded her of her parents, specifically her father. At least in the whole, dark magic using thing.

She let her eyes trail over the shaman's robes, before shaking her head and looking up timidly. "Umm, what should we do?" She noticed that there were skeletons nearby, and shrank further into the thicket. "R-run Ada!" she yelped. They were cute, but they would still probably harm the girl if she didn't move fast.

"It would be best if we're grouping together now. These monsters are quite numerous. Chitose, can you come here and help cover Layne and Cassia?"

Aleithe gritted his teeth as he countered the attack of the skeleton before calling out for Yue. His lightly-armored abdomen was visibly bleeding. It was not a deep wound so he had no urgency to have Layne fix him, but it was still quite noticeable for the time being. This really was worrying. There was quite a lot of enemies, and the chance that they were surrounded was still quite a real worry. There was a hound beast nearby too, and looking at it, it was in clear range to maul Cassia. But moving to attack it would mean to expose Layne to attacks from the skeletons. This was so frustrating.

In the end, Aleithe decided to just finish the job on the skeleton he countered earlier before returning on guard. At least Reina was still looking fine, but he knew the kinshi quite disliked ambush situations because how cramped it made her feel. Though, this now reminded him of something. Rona was alone over there, and of course, she would act recklessly, especially if she had Yue and Ada to cover for. That was worrying.

"Leader, do you think Rona would be fine?"

[spoiler=OOC]

Note: Aleithe didn't know about Raynor being around yet. Attacked Skeleton A, prepared to counter skeleton B

Layne cursed a little bit as he looked up towards the nothern end of the fight, his eyes narrowing a little bit, "Rona is going to get herself killed and I'm too far away to get to her quickly..."

He mumbled a tiny bit as he looked at the little group surrounding him, a small mumble escaping him as he shook his head quickly. His staff began to glow as he stuck to his ground, hefting it up towards the sky quickly, "This isn't the end!"

The light shining from the staff began to collect and rain down onto Leon, the wounds on his body starting to mend as a brief flash of relief ran through his system, the worst of the injuries being patched up as Layne rubbed at his cheek a tiny bit. His mind was racing, thoughts running through it faster than normal as he took a little glance around the three of his allies next to him, "We need to get Rona back down with us. Splitting up was a bad idea, especially letting her go ahead. She almost got herself killed last time, and this time I can't get to her fast enough. Someone try to get the word to her. I can handle a little bit of damage. If we want to start moving upwards, just try to position so I've got a bit of cover."

His gaze turned back towards Ada and Yue, calling out as loud as his voice could, "Get Rona back to me, quickly! I can't get to her myself!"

Layne paused for a moment, biting his lip softly as he put a hand on Aleithe's shoulder once he had finished his attack, "You're probably up next for healing. Don't run off on me if you get too hurt."

[spoiler=OoC]

Layne stayed in the same spot and healed Leon for 19 HP, back to full.

Heal Staff 1 is now at 36 uses remaining.

"R-run Ada!"

Ada was shocked by the girl's concern for a moment, given Yue's seeming distaste for her. After recovering, sse spun and hopped back, now next to Yue, as she popped her tome and reading her spells. Ada could see a pair of skeletons and a hound close to them, cursing as she tried to figure out the safest location to hold them off from. That wasn't even including the fact that the group at the start of the forest was getting swarmed...

"I need to draw their attacks away from Yue... I'd be safer in the thicket, but..."

Ada skirted the area around the archer, stopping just north of her. She took a deep breath, before flashing Yue a grin, an unusual sight for those used to seeing Ada with her hood up.

"Don't worry, we'll make it out of this. Just stick to me!"

[spoiler=OOC]Ada moves up two, right one. She equips Dusk.

Designating Hound B for counterattack.

u8TJrBr.png

And just like that, the party had been attacked! By skeletons! And dogs! Cassia felt a bit better about this attack than the previous one in the village; this time, she had the good fortune to be in the same group as Layne. Who was already putting himself to work, healing up Leon after he'd been struck by some skeletons. Cassia wasn't about to let herself look useless. There were dogs and skeletons to deal with. As such, she got herself ready with a trusty throwing knife, trying to get a shot at the skeleton who Leon had struck back after it hit him. She couldn't get a good shot from here; there were too many people between her and the skeleton, and she didn't want to risk accidentally hitting one of them instead.

So Cassia moved a bit. She didn't want to be next to that dog the skeletons had brought for the attack, but she'd just have to keep an eye on it. She reached for another knife with her free hand, in case the mutt tried anything. This angle was much better! The only person between her and the skeleton was Aleithe! This would be an easy shot, Cassia assured herself, as she swung her right arm forward and released the knife in it, sending it on a collision course with the already-damaged skeleton. Best to pick off the weak first, right? Knife released, Cassia immediately turned her attention to the hound next to her. She never was much of an animal person. If this thing bit her, she'd be sure to make it pay.

Don't try anything funny, mutt.

[spoiler=OOC]Cassia moved one space to the left and attacked Skeleton E with her Iron Dagger. Designating Hound C as a counter target.

"Hail, comrade, it shall be an easy fight but the quicker it ends the better!" The woman replied to his greeting, causing Raynor to grin wildly. 

"That's what I like to hear!" He said before turning his attention to the monsters attacking him. The one wielding an axe made his way to him, swinging down and finding striking the man's shoulder. It didn't hurt too badly though, so he was able to retaliate with his trusty lance, dealing a significant blow to the skeleton and causing it to stagger back.

One of the lance wielding skeletons charged the man, though it was so sloppy, Raynor was able to sidestep it easily. He was caught by surprise by the skeleton that attacked with its claws though. However, it didn't hurt, at all. His wild grin grew wider at this.

"You think a Draytter could be hurt by such feeble claws? Try again in your next life! ... Or un-life. Whatever," He shoved his spear at the axe wielding skeleton, all the while keeping his eyes on the lance wielding one. Even a weak target could get lucky if he let his guard down.

[spoiler=OOC]He attacked Skeleton I, and designates Skeleton G as his counter target

The hound in front of Rona seemed poised to continue its fight, but, as the wyvern rider brought down her axe once again, it attempted to side step out of the way. However, it's movement was not fast enough as the axe, struck straight into its body, causing the creature to bleed profusely, though still managing to hang on. As it did, the hound jumped at Rona, clamping its jaws down onto her again. Meanwhile the skeleton wielding the axe raised its weapon high again, ready to strike as it saw the mountless drayter turn his attention to it. However, the lance went straight into the creatures neck bone, causing the skeleton to crumple to the ground, more lifeless then before. 

While Leon had been squaring off against the skeleton, the pain he had felt was more or less temporary. Feeling the wound close, he gave a nod in the direction of Layne figuring they were responsible for it, only to then see a dagger hit the skull of the creature in front of him. The skeleton's body shifted to the side, falling to the ground and not getting back up. Meanwhile, the skeleton that Aleithe had been dealing with seemed ready to scratch at the kinshi rider once again. However, as the blade was brought down across the creatures rib cage, the bones shattered and the monster was unable to keep his form, crumbling to the ground. 

While the situation was becoming less dire for them, Leon heard the concerns of the others about Rona and simply said, "she'll be fine for now." While Leon was concerned for where Rona was, and just had a general concern for her safety always, he had been with her for a long time. And though she was reckless, he always knew he could put faith in her strength and sturdiness at times like these. All the same, he didn't want her to be left alone for much longer than she was, and turned his attention away from the rest of the group, now facing the two flanking skeletons. "Over here!" He shouted towards one of the skeletons. Keeping his stance steady, he didn't want to press forward so as not to expose Layne to any more danger then necessary. 

Enemy Phase

When Cassia had sent a dagger into the skull of the skeleton, the hound next to her had snarled leaping up at her with its fangs bared. Snapping its jaw down at Cassia, by a margin of an inch, the girl was able to evade out of the way, countering with her dagger to strike at him. Meanwhile, the skeleton nearest Aletihe walked up with the twisted looking sword in its grip, slashing at the Kinshi Knight. While the cut was clean across them, the man had retaliated with a slash of his own, dealing heavy damage to the creature. Meanwhile, the Skeleton that Leon had taunted looked over to the boy. Sensing something strange in that area, to it, the undead made its way over to him, lunging at him with its claws. While the leader hadn't been able to dodge out of the way in time, earning a small cut from the attack, he retaliated with a swing that cleaved off one of the skeletons arms causing it to stumble back.

Meanwhile, the other skeleton and the hound had taken note of something. Looking towards the heavily robed girl, they seemed to be drawn towards her, and not in a positive way. As such, the hound charged the girl, teeth bared and bit into her flesh. After getting a good bite in, it released its jaws, only to be met with an orb of shrouded in black smoke that struck the hound. There was a clear impact into the hound, its body seeming to crumple inwardly, though still managing to stay its ground. The skeleton, however, could not make it to Ada, and so, as it made its way over, it noticed something in the thicket in its path. Looking at the archer girl, it brought its claws up, swiping at her and leaving a nasty cut on her. 

The hound stayed on its feet, a wild and desperate look in its eyes. As it jumped at Rona, it sunk its teeth into her, getting a nasty hit onto her before leaping back.Seeing its foe was ragged and on death's door themselves, the hound leaped at the girl, baring its fangs before being met with an axe from her mid jump, toppling it to the ground. Raynor was fairing much better than her. The skeleton to his side with the lance stabbed at him, though, missed completely, only to be met with a quick strike from Raynor's lance. Once again, the clawed skeleton scratched at Raynor, but, once again, did nothing to him. 

The bandits, seeing the monsters begin to wane, decided to begin their charge forward. Two split off to go and take on the mage and the archer, while the other three went to close in on the sword wielding girl who had started to approach them. 

Player Phase
BGM

Looking in front of him, Leon saw that Rona, while not in dire straights, was still looking ragged. He had cursed at himself for thinking that she would be entirely fine to deal with a horde by herself, and allowing her to be put in a situation like that once again. As such, he decided to get to her aid as quickly as he could, bringing his sword through the skeleton in front of him and running it through the creature's chest, killing the monster.  
[spoiler=OOC]
[spoiler=Enemy Phase]
Hound C attacks Cassia and misses 
Cassia counters for 6 damage, Hound C has 12 HP
Skeleton B attacks Aleithe for 6 damage, Aleithe has 13 HP 
Aleithe counters Skeleton B for 11 Damage, Skeleton B has 5 HP 
Skeleton C attacks Leon for 3 damage, Leon has 18 HP
Skeleton D attacks Yue for 5 damage, Yue has 12 HP
Hound B attacks Ada for 7 damage, Ada has 14 HP 
Ada counters Hound B for 16 damage, Hound B has 2 HP 
Skeleton G attacks Raynor and misses.
Raynor counters Skeleton G and hits for 13 damage, Skeleton G has 3 health. 
Skeleton H attacks and hits for 0 damage. Feels claws man. 
Hound A attacks Rona for 6 damage, Rona is at 9 HP 
Rona counters for 17 damage, Hound A is dead
Hound A does not follow up its attack. Because it’s dead. Yeah.

[spoiler=Map]
8sffSvw.png

[spoiler=Hound Stats]
Lck: 1
Mov: 6

Equipped with Fangs

[spoiler=Skeleton Stats]

Skeletons A, C, D, H are equipped with claws. 
Skeleton I is equipped with a Wight Axe. 
Skeleton B and F are equipped with a Wight Sword. 
Skeleton G and E are equipped with a Wight Lance. 

[spoiler=Fighter Stats]

Equipped with Iron Axes

Equipped with Iron Axes

Bossenary is equipped with an Iron Sword and Leather Shield

[spoiler=Current HP]
Leon: 18/21
Rona: 9/21
Aleithe: 15/24
Yue: 12/17
Ada: 14/21
Layne: 17/17
Chitose: 21/21
Cassia: 18/18
Raynor: 20/25

Skeleton B:  5/16
Skeleton: D 16/16
Skeleton G: 3/16
Skeleton H: 16/16

Hound B: 2/18
Hound C: 12/18

Fighter A: 18/18
Fighter B: 18/18

Barbarian A: 20/20
Barbarian B: 20/20

Bossenary: 23/23

Item Stats 
Player Stats
Active Combat Log

So far, the battle had went a lot better than expected. Even if Aleithe missed the chance to protect Cassia, she managed to dodge the hound's attack and the huge mess of monsters had slowly been eliminated one by one. Aleithe was still gritting his teeth after the skeleton in front of him had attacked him, but he still managed enough focus to hit it back. Ada and Yue were being attacked by monsters, but they seemed to be doing quite well too. He couldn't see what was happening with Rona, but things might've gone well over there too.

In that case, Aleithe would be able to attack this skeleton and then move out to reach Rona-

Wait, where's Chitose?

Looking around, he noticed Chitose was moving away from the group instead for some reasons. That was unlike her. Did she notice anything? Either way, leaving her alone like that would be...

"Leon, permission to get to Chitose? It seems like she's splitting from our group for a reason. Maybe she saw more enemies on the other side?"

Trusting Leon to protect Layne and deal with the remaining skeleton, Aleithe rushed towards Chitose's position while applying one bottle from his vulnerary stock to heal some of the wounds he had suffered so far.

He wanted to yell to get the fellow noble's attention, but if there were enemies over there it might be dangerous... In the end, Aleithe simply focused on getting towards the myrmidon's position, hoping she's not getting herself into dangerous situations out of her recklessness.

Chitose/Servan Woods Entrance

As Chitose stealthily closed in on the bandits, she finally got visual confirmation. FIve of them. And one particular mercenary seemed more experienced, more well-equipped than the rest. The two fighters and barbarians were going to be unreasonably tough as well, but that mercenary with a shield she had no confidence taking on as well. She considered a retreat, but then the group of five split. Three of them, including the mercenary, were headed her way. Luckily the mercenary was at the back, so with some smart choices she could avoid him for a while.

"Let's see... I'll begin with this." Chitose's hands rushed to her waist, and she drew out her Iron Sword. Against these brutes, she needed some brute force of her own. She side stepped a little to the right, using the bush in front of her to block their view and approach should they try to rush towards her. Iron sword in hand, she prepared not a feint but a decisive slash for the first brute to appear before her. "Come! I'll finish you all off and be praised by the rest of the guild."

[spoiler=OOC]Moves one block south, designates Barbarian A for counterattack.

Rona's victory over striking the hound was short lived as any elation was replaced with the sharp pain of being attacked yet again. Before she could react the hound went for another strike, drawing more blood, and forcing Rona to bite her tongue to stop herself from screaming out in pain.

Her vision was reddening as her pulse pounded faster and faster. She watched the hound crouch down for another attack. Everything seemed to be moving slowly as she raised her axe. She wasn't sure she'd make it in time before the creature bite down on her again. As it leaped she just barely got her axe raised and just before it struck her she brought it down on the creature, killing it.

She wanted to celebrate. But there were still monsters. And, worse, it looked like her allies were all under attack. She wanted to help them, but...Her eyes glanced over at the stranger. She couldn't just retreat, right? Running, even to combat a different foe, would be cowardice...

Rona flew towards the skeleton behind her and swung her axe, hoping to shatter it in one like the other, while calling out to Raynor. "Comrade, please help my allies, they need it more than I."

[spoiler=OOC]Rona moved one to the right and attacked H, designated it, unless it dies then G, as counterattack.

The monsters were attacking them. The monsters were attacking them!

Yue bit her lip, waging an internal war within herself. Fight, and help Ada, but then I'd be hurting the monsters... Or do nothing, and watch Ada get hurt. But I don't really like her that much, anyway... They're also attacking me too, though.

It was a hard choice. Why did she have to make such choices anyway? This is why she hid back here...

Looking at the injured hellhound, her heart broke at seeing its ribcage and the nasty wounds marring its surface. Hurt as it was, her arrow would be a blessing rather than a pain for this poor soul. Making her decision, the archer nodded, and let loose an arrow at the doggie, closing here eyes immediately afterward. She couldn't bear to see the results.

[spoiler=OOC]

Yue attacks Hound B.

u8TJrBr.png

Everything went just as smoothly as Cassia had expected. Her skillful knife toss brought an end to the skeleton she'd aimed at, and she even knew exactly what would happen in retaliation. The nearby hound lunged at the thief, but she was ready for this. Still, it was a bit faster than she'd expected, and she barely managed to avoid having its teeth clamped down on her. Not today, mutt, she thought as she (barely) evaded the attack, returning the hostility with a stab of her own. That must have hurt, but Cassia could tell this hound still had some fight left in it. If anything, she imagined it must have been pretty pissed off right about now, if it wasn't already.

Best to finish it off as quickly as possible then. She didn't want those teeth digging into her flesh; she had no idea where they'd been! And so, in the interest of taking this hound out of the fight as efficiently as possible, Cassia followed up her counterattack with a second stab. Meanwhile, her free hand reached for another knife, in case it kept trying to swing those jaws at her.

Wait, had Aleithe ditched her? She heard him asking to go check on Chitose, who also seemed to have suddenly vanished, but Cassia wasn't exactly about to avert her eyes from the enemy right in front of her to see if Aleithe had run off. Just leave everything to me.

[spoiler=OOC]Cassia attacked Hound C, and designated it as a counter target.

As the canid's teeth sank into her left arm, Ada cried out. She held the beast in place as she finished her incantation, slamming an orb of magic into the beast with her right hand as it finished. The hound was forced back! She saw it fall back and recover, but it was clear that it wasn't going to survive another hit like that. As she readied yet another attack, a quick twang filled the air, and the beast collapsed entirely.

"Great shot, Yue!" Ada flashed the archer a smile. However, the look on her ally's face was far from what she expected. She was a sure shot, so why did she look so nervous...?

However, Ada couldn't afford to stay in her thoughts for too long. A skeleton was steadily approaching Yue, so she turned her prepared spell on it. "Watch out!"

[spoiler=OOC]Ada attacks Skeleton D. Designates Skeleton D for counterattack.

"Oh lord damn it! Aleithe, get back here!"

Layne let out a frustrated groan as Aleithe ran off into the forest, a nervous little mumble escaping him as he rubbed at the back of his head. His attention was getting dragged all over the place as he let out a small rumble, "He better have vulneraries otherwise he's gonna be in rough shape. I can't chase after him."

He took a deep breath, rubbing at his eyes for a moment as he mumbles, "Alright. Leon, you're in alright shape. I don't want to use up a charge here when you're doing alright. Cassia..."

Layne turned his attention towards Cassia for a moment, scanning her for injuries as he mumbled, "She's good. I can take a hit here. Seems like the dog is gonna get an attack off before we can deal with it..." Layne braced himself as he look a little look around the forest, before calling out to Leon and Cassia, "I'm gonna back off a little bit! I see a little space to the south, I have to avoid the skelly bud here!"

Layne took a deep breath as his grip on his staff tightened, before running off towards the south part of the forest. He couldn't risk getting attacked too much, one attack... 

I can handle that. But not two.

[spoiler=OoC]

Layne is going down three squares, then to the right two. Gotta avoid getting hit by two monsters, can take maybe one of 'em.

Enemy Phase 

The skeleton that had been clawing away at Raynor had started to catch on that perhaps it wasn't doing anything to the man. Yet all the same, it had no idea what else it was supposed to do. It was at this point an axe was swung down at it, missing it by a small margin. Turning around to see a girl riding a wyvern, the skeleton figured that maybe it'd be able to hurt her. And so, swinging its claws against the thick scales of the wyvern it then realized that this too was a target it wasn't going to be doing anything against. Luckily, or unluckily, for the skeleton it wouldn't have to anymore, as an axe came falling down on it, breaking the creature apart. Meanwhile, the other skeleton wielding the lance had attempted to attack Raynor again yet, like the last time, it was unsuccessful in its attack. 

The hound continued to snarl at Cassia, but the damage it had accrued cause its next leap at Cassia to go far farther in its attack then it wanted to, and as it did, Cassia's dagger was able to catch the creature in its path. With one final cut, the hound was unable to keep itself up, merely falling to the ground, dead. However, with the Kinshi Knight having bolted away from the area, the sword wielding skeleton was left without a mark. It still seemed ready to fight the bird rider, but was confused as the fighting came to an end. As such, it decided to attack the next closest person, who just happened to be Cassia. Bringing its gnarled looking sword back, the creature struck at Cassia, dealing a sizable portion of damage to the frail body of the thief. 

With the hound having been slain, the skeleton lost a good portion of its body to the force of Ada's spell. However, as she had cast the spell once more, the skeleton's attention seemed to be focused straight onto her. With more focus and speed than it had shown before, it switched targets, clawing at Ada, only to receive a blast of dark magic, destroying it, in return. Meanwhile, from the opposite end of the woods, Yue and Ada would be able to see two bandits starting to make their way towards them. 

Meanwhile, the bandits on the southern end had taken notice of Chitose's movements. And as such, one of them had charged up towards her. Bringing down his axe towards the girl, she would be able to dodge it swiftly, as he would then feel the pain of the girl's own blade in her retaliation. While the other bandits began to move around, the leader of the trio stopped the other axe wielding one from moving up any further, seeing the Kinshi Knight fast approach as well. 

Player Phase 

BGM 

[spoiler=OOC]
[spoiler=Enemy Phase]
Skeleton H attacks Rona for 0 damage. Feels tink man. 
Rona counters for 18 damage. Skeleton H is dead. 
Skeleton G attacks Raynor and misses. 
Hound C attacks Cassia and misses. 
Cassia counters for 6 damage. Hound C is dead. 
Skeleton B attacks Cassia for 9 damage, Cassia is at 9 HP
Skeleton D attacks Ada for 3 damage, Ada has 11 HP
Ada counters for 11 damage, Skeleton D is dead.
Barbarian A attacks Chitose and misses 
Chitose counters for 7 damage, Barbarian A is at 13 HP 

[spoiler=Map]
bzcpDy5.png

[spoiler=Skeleton Stats]

Skeleton B is equipped with a Wight Sword. 
Skeleton G is equipped with a Wight Lance. 

[spoiler=Fighter Stats]

Equipped with Iron Axes

Equipped with Iron Axes

Bossenary is equipped with an Iron Sword and Leather Shield. 

[spoiler=Current HP]
Leon: 18/21
Rona: 9/21
Aleithe: 15/24
Yue: 12/17
Ada: 11/21
Layne: 17/17
Chitose: 21/21
Cassia: 9/18
Raynor: 20/25

Skeleton B:  5/16
Skeleton G: 3/16

Fighter A: 18/18
Fighter B: 18/18

Barbarian A: 13/20
Barbarian B: 20/20

Bossenary: 23/23

"Comrade, please help my allies, they need it more than I." Raynor looked over the Jourian before him. She looked battered and hurt, even as she attacked the skeleton that attacked her wyvern. Obviously, she was in need of help, and yet she spoke of only her allies. For such a group to exist, where they put others before themselves... he liked the idea of that. Still, it wouldn't be good if she died here. Moving a bit to the side to allow the lance to swish by him, he began to think to himself. 

"I think you need your allies as much as they need me," He finally said as he stabbed at the skeleton that attacked him. "Head to your allies, get healed up. I'll cover you until you get there," He looked over to see if she was leaving. "And I will also help your allies. Just make sure you're not dying first,"

[spoiler=OOC]He attacked Skeleton G

"Gah, that smarts..."

The skeleton's blow to her body hadn't damaged Ada much on its own, but the damage to her arm from the hound's bite mixed in with it left her feeling a little shakey. She looked at Yue to make sure the girl was okay, seeing her still in the forest.

"I'm glad you're alright, Yue. We should probably head off to help some of the oth-"

A small noise caught the shaman's ears, causing her to whip around. Just beyond another thicket, a pair of fighters was headed towards the two girls.

"... Scratch that. I'm going to go hold them off, go let Leon know that the bandits found us."

Ada rushed forward into the thicket, reopening Shade as she recited the words from memory. Placing her hand over the book, she drew her hand up as if pulling her hand through sand, the thick black magic flowing between her fingers. She flung it past the first of the bandits, quickly readying another of the black mist strikes to finish him off.

"I told Rona not to rush in, to use her medicine... yet here I am. Here's hoping this works!"

[spoiler=OOC]Ada moves up one, right two. She attacks Fighter B with Shade.

Designating Fighter A for counterattack.

As Rona missed she could feel her heartbeat quicken. No, another miss? Why why why! What was WRONG with her? How could she continue to fight alongside these people if she couldn't even land her attacks? Thankfully none of them had seen but...that man would have. Pitiful, absolutely pitiful...

The skeleton attacked her and, due to Cormag, the attack did nothing. She was able to reflexively swing her axe down and shatter the monster. At least she had done something...

"I think you need your allies as much as they need me,"

Rona clenched her hand into a fist, struggling to keep the happy expression on her face. She just wanted to cry. Hide in one of those thickets and weep for her own pathetic self. This man had so easily seen it. She can't do anything. She was a burden to her allies. She was weak...

Tearing herself away from the man she flew off. She wasn't sure where she was going, she was just going away from him. Once she stopped she realized that she had ended up, once more, right next to Yue. She looked at the girl and, taking a deep breath, spoke to her. "Yue, how are you holding up?"

A glance to the side made her realize Ada's predicament. Oh, no! Because of her blindly running she didn't even notice, and now the Shaman was in grave danger. Rona cursed herself for her mistake.

[spoiler=OOC] Rona now is in the space right above Yue, will designate Fighter A for counterattack on the off chance he goes for her.

Archived