Jump to content

Photo

Fire Emblem: Soul of Heaven [IC/PG-16]

Fire EmblemStats Skaia AAAAAAHHHH Eyyyy Tags Carry on my Wayward Son

  • Please log in to reply
165 replies to this topic

#161
Lord CowCow

Lord CowCow

    A Wistful Breeze; A Lingering Melody

  • S.S. Showdown
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,802 posts
  • Alias:Lord CowCow
  • Spouse:Shiki/Aix

No no no this was all wrong...She wanted to fight them on her own. There were too many of them, sending more just meant more people would get hurt. It was the opposite of what Rona wanted.

The Wyvern Rider had been certain she was going to die today. The intention was that she would keep the focus of the bandits, letting everyone else get in and take out the leader without worry. Her only job would be to survive long enough.

 

To make matters worse the healer was with them, meaning the others were in greater danger than before, and between Layne and Yue there were two frail allies to watch out for.

 

There was only one option. Kill all the foes before they could reach the others. She'd have to work harder than ever.

 

She patted Cormag and whispered to the beast. "Please don't let yourself get hurt, whatever happens, if worse comes to worse I need you to get the others out of here."

 

Then, to her allies, more specifically to Layne, she said, "If Yue gets hit, be sure to heal her first, she'd be in the most danger if they attack her."

 

And now all that was left was to wait for Yue to give the signal to attack and, when it came, Rona spurred Cormag into action. She swooped down upon the Fighter right in front of them and, preparing a Locking Strike, intending to limit the man's movements or kill him outright, and brought her axe down hard upon the bandit.

 

OOC


Posted Image


#162
Sanaki

Sanaki

    You stand in the presence of Sanaki, Empress of Begnion.

  • π”»Σ¨πŒ‹πŒ‹π”Έπ“‘$
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,121 posts
  • Alias:Sethera

"Alright, we'll split up then. Rona, Layne, Yue and um, Raynor was it? You four will be charging the front. Remember, your our diversion force, so don't fight longer than you need to and don't put yourself in any unnecessary danger. The rest of you will be with me."

 

Wait, what? Yue was in the group with the scary man? But whyyy? He was scary. And he looked mean too. Mean and scary.

 

Her leader's voice snapped her out of her panicked daze. "Make sure to wait for us to get into position before attacking." The boy then looked troubled. "I can't really signal you for when that is, so..." he turned to the archer, saying, "when you feel enough time has passed, tell the others." Then, with a, "good luck and stay as safe as you can," the boy waved to them and walked off with the rest of the group.

 

The girl shivered. He was asking her to do this? To actually talk, to tell them to do something? Oh no, oh no, that was way too scary and not at all something she was fine with. But if Leon believed she could do it, then maybe...maybe she could? Or maybe she'd just fail and then everybody would see how horrible, terrible she was at telling people to do stuff. That was another reason she'd left her tribe. Because her father had always expected her to be fine with giving orders and she just wasn't. Also, it meant talking, which was another thing she was bad at.

 

But maybe she'd been sitting there and thinking for too long, because people were starting to look at her, and Rona looked impatient, and maybe--and then she took a deep breath and realized that no, it hadn't been that long at all. Calming down, Yue took stock of the situation and kept her eyes on the angle of the sunbeams that shone through the trees. She managed to listen to an entire conversation about how bored the bandits were with their post before she figured that enough time had passed for Leon's group to get into position.

 

The archer coughed lightly in an attempt to get their attention. "U-um, excuse me everyone. Not to interrupt whatever you're doing, but I think it's time for us to go," she finished in a meek whisper.


Posted Image

Sanaki

#163
Kayden North

Kayden North

    Member

  • Yatagarasu
  • 40 posts

Layne mumbled softly to himself as they separated from the rest of the group, coming up to the front of the fort as he let out a little sigh. His focus turned back to the group going without him, a little sigh escaping him as he turned back to the group he was with. "Don't get too far away from me, guys. If we start to get overwhelmed, just back up a bit. We can afford to give them some space since we're distracting them for now."
 
He gave a grin to the others as he hefted his staff up into the air, the light from it thankfully not shining to give away their position, before he directed the staff towards the bandits...
 
"If Yue gets hit, be sure to heal her first, she'd be in the most danger if they attack her."
 
Layne nodded to Rona, his hand dropping down to lower his staff as he took a deep breath, letting the others prepare their charge once ready. His hands were shaking a little bit, but the healer attempted to hide it by tossing his staff from hand to hand, occasionally twirling the staff before giving a little toss to his other hand...
 
"U-um, excuse me everyone. Not to interrupt whatever you're doing, but I think it's time for us to go."

 

Layne gripped his staff tight as he turned to look towards Yue, "Like Rona said, if you get hurt, get over to me so I can patch you up. If more than one comes after you, I'll try to distract one of 'em," He flashed her quick grin before turning back to the combat, watching as Rona began her charge. He gripped his staff tighter, before letting out a little laugh as he charged right up behind her. His hand on his staff rose it up into the air, the tip of it glowing brighter as he directed the staff towards the Bandit B that Rona had attacked, "It's my time to shine!"

 

And shine he did. He turned his head back to look at the others behind him, "Raynor, mind covering my right?"

 

 

Turn Summary

tumblr_on2z9cSoVj1t1ig6no1_400.gif


#164
Order Mario

Order Mario

    ORDER IS OVER!!

  • π”»Σ¨πŒ‹πŒ‹π”Έπ“‘$
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,542 posts
  • Alias:Saiku

"If Yue gets hit, be sure to heal her first, she'd be in the most danger if they attack her." Rona said. Raynor nodded. That made a lot of sense, seeing as she looked fragile. Still... something felt... off. He couldn't place his finger on it, but he didn't like the way she said that. He really needed to keep an eye on this woman. Something was going to go wrong, he knew it.

 
"U-um, excuse me everyone. Not to interrupt whatever you're doing, but I think it's time for us to go." Yue said. Raynor nodded and gave a thumbs up, trying to look as unscary as possible. He had no idea if he was succeeding, but it was the thought that counted... right? Right.

 

"Gotcha, Snow Fairy," That was her nickname now, no changing it. He liked the way it sounded to. Rona and Layne charged ahead, both attacking a Fighter in front of them, before their healer called out to him. 
 
"Raynor, mind covering my right?" That reminded him, he really needed to nickname them. Maybe he'll think of something during this battle.

"Consider it done!" Raynor commented as he ran ahead, seeing a mercenary close by. Spinning his lance, he got into his stance and stared down the merc. "Try to put up a fight," He taunted, getting ready for to counterattack.

 

OOC


e1e.gif


#165
Skaia

Skaia

    Based

  • π”»Σ¨πŒ‹πŒ‹π”Έπ“‘$
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 842 posts

The conversation the two bandit guards were having was interrupted as a man who was further ahead of them screamed, "oh god it's the Jouran army!" They looked to see one of the axe wielding bandits have his legs buckle, dropping his axe, as a girl riding a wyvern flew out of the tree line and struck down on him with her axe. The man tried to scream in pain, but it came out sounding more like a strained gasp. The man dropped to the ground as a pulse of white and blue energy flew from behind the wyvern into the man's chest. The one mercenary, who had been expressing boredom earlier, opened the door behind him, screaming, "we got company!" He had then decided to jump in on the action. Raising his sword up, he struck at the wyvern rider, barely dealing a glancing blow to the mount and rider, before they retaliated with an axe to the man's chest. 

 

Motionless, he dropped his blade as not even a gasp escaped his unbreathing mouth. With that done, another sword wielding bandit ran up,trying to take on the other Jouran that moved up to fight alongside the wyvern rider. Striking forward with his blade. Though the attack struck true, it bounced off the man's armor, doing little more than feeling annoying to the Jouran man. Both of these Jourans though, would be met with something  far more painful. A bandit wielding an axe rushed towards the man in a burst of speed, slashing with his axe and having it plant into Raynor's side. Meanwhile, another axe wielding bandit started running towards the wyvern. While the healer was in his line of sight, he felt a bit apprehensive moving towards them, and ended up rushing the wyvern rider, striking them with an axe and dealing more damage than the sword bandit had.

 

While more of the bandits began to swarm in towards them, a group would appear from the left. The same group that the strike team had seen earlier. 

 

 

When the group had left, Leon motioned to the others to follow after him, entering the side entance. Inside, there was not much to be seen as the room they entered into happened to be empty. However, there was definitely something to be heard. The people in the base seemed to be getting up to a clamor, hearing of the conflict going on outside. Getting their weapons, they all seemed to be heading for the door, and thus didn't notice the intruders. A man wielding a lance, seemingly groggy, asked one of the nearby bandits, "what is all the noise about?" 

 

"Well, it appears we're being attacked boss."

 

"Attacked? Here?" He seemed wary to believe this. "By who?" 

 

"Uhh, uh...Jourans, boss." 

 

"Jourans?" His eyes perked up at this, as a smile crossed his face. "To think they'd come here all themselves. Get ready boys, we're about to score it big. Oh and tell the others not to leave yet. This is a fort after all, if the pretty Jouran want to play hero, they can come in here themselves." 

 

OOC

 

 


Posted Image


#166
Lord CowCow

Lord CowCow

    A Wistful Breeze; A Lingering Melody

  • S.S. Showdown
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,802 posts
  • Alias:Lord CowCow
  • Spouse:Shiki/Aix

Rona panicked when she didn't finish the opponent off in a single blow. The fact that Layne, the man who mostly healed others, was the one to kill the foe that Rona was unable to stop on her own. She was sickened. Sickened with herself that she was so weak she needed help from a non-combatant. Her father never employed healers on the battlefield, saying they were too fragile for that, saving them for outside the battle when worthy warriors could seek them out.

 

And here was one, helping her to fight...

 

She was snapped back to reality when an attack came. She instinctively counter-attacked and was shocked to notice that she managed to fell this one all on her own.

The small victory was short lived as she was struck with a stronger blow to the side. Wincing she looked over...and saw something horrific.

 

More opponents were already coming from that side. And with them she spotted her worst fear. An archer, heading her way. The moment he got within range it was over for her...So she had to kill as many of them as she could before that.

 

With a shout she pulled her axe from the previous opponent and, turning in her saddle, she brought her axe down on the Fighter beside her. Even as she brought the axe down she glanced over towards the sword wielder near her Jouran companion. He would surely realize she was a weaker target right? He'd be on her soon and she had to try and kill him when he attacked.

 

She had to do this, she couldn't let the others die for her, her only choice was to do as much to as many as she could. She couldn't stop. The moment she gave herself even a second to think of anything but attacking she'd think about the archer. And then she would be truly useless again.


Posted Image





0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users