[Written] Octo's Ritual Fields

Octosquid

This is my attempt at some generic Ritual support. I've only played around with Kaiju Relinquished and Black Luster Soldier decks though (and really old vanilla rituals back in the day), so I'm not the best at making rituals better while also keeping them balanced.

Some of the major drawbacks of rituals are that they require a 2 or 3 card combo just to get a summon going, and that they usually lose card advantage (-1 for ritual spell, -x for tributes) while summoning. So I tried making field spells with the general theme of alleviating some of the costs of getting a Summon.

Also, Set Rotation shenanigans :D
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Simple Daily Rituals
Field Spell Card
The turn player can activate a card or effect that would Ritual Summon exactly 1 monster from their hand, but Ritual Summon that monster from their Deck instead. Each player can only use this effect of "Simple Daily Rituals" once per turn.

[spoiler=Notes]This first one lets both players ritual summon from their Deck once per turn, if they have the Ritual Spell. I intended it to not require an actual Ritual Monster in the hand, but I don't know exactly how to word it.

Continuing Chaos Cycle
Field Spell Card
This card is also treated as a Ritual Spell on the field. If a player activates this card or its effects, for the rest of the turn, they cannot activate/Set any other Field Spells while this card remains on the field. During the Main Phase: The turn player can Ritual Summon any 1 Ritual Monster from their hand or GY. They must also banish 2 monsters from their hand, field or GY, whose Level/Rank both equal the Summoned monster's Level. Each player can only use this effect of "Continuing Chaos Cycle" once per turn.

[spoiler=Notes]The second one is a Field Spell that acts like a Ritual Spell, letting both players ritual summon using its effect. I tried making the tributes hard to satisfy though. As long as you have the required materials you can banish, this lets you ritual summon without a ritual spell. The prevention of activating or setting other field spells is to make this card something that Set Rotation can use to lock your opponent out of a field spell that helps them (unless they use rituals).

Aetheris Transformation Spire
Field Spell Card

When this card is activated, place 1 Aetheris Counter on every face-up Field Spell (max. 12), for each banished monster. Each time a monster(s) is sent to the GY or banished by a Ritual Spell effect, place Aetheris Counters equal to its Level/Rank on every face-up Field Spell. If a player would send to the GY or banish a monster(s) by a Ritual Spell effect, they can remove Aetheris Counters from cards they own equal to its Level/Rank instead (it is still treated as being used for that effect). That Ritual Spell effect is treated as resolving succesfully.

[spoiler=Notes]This next one also makes tributes not actually hit the GY or banished zone at the cost of counters, so you can potentially use them again later on. It gains counters when activated for each banished monster and gains more equal to the level/rank of any tributes used by rituals. You can use tributes for a ritual summon, then activate another ritual spell and use the counters so you don't lose any further cards. As a ruling, this card requires that all "ritual materials" be in the right place though, so you still have to show your opponent the cards you would've used if you didn't use the effect, and you can't activate it unless you have those cards where the ritual spell needs them to be.
This also combos with set rotation, since it dumps counters on both field spells, and if you own your opponent's field spell, you can use their counters for your own rituals. The funky clause at the end that says "that monster is still treated as being used" is for stuff like BLS's Beginning/Evening Twilight Knight.

I have a feeling some of these might be abusable though, so if anyone points out any crazy combos/interactions or other improvements, that would be really appreciated. As always, any comments or feedback is welcome. ^.^

Edit: Removed "The turn player can target 1 banished Ritual Monster or in the GY; for the rest of the turn, it is treated as having been successfully Ritual Summoned." from Daily Rituals since the main intent of that card was summoning from the Deck.

I know this is not good criticism at all but I'm gonna say it anyway. These cards feel super "un Konami" like.

Manually sufficing the semi-nomi status is not something Konami would do as is it is way too technical for a card effect. Think of it like this. If a card said "If a condition to activate an effect is met, but the effect would miss timing; the effect does not miss timing" Would that be an ok effect? I mean, yeah, that's pretty welcome in a deck with a lot of "when" effects. Would Konami ever print a card like that? Nope. It's way too technical and situational in a casual match. 

Same with the clucky "That monster is still treated as being used for that card effect" though I have less of a problem with that.

Archived