[Written] Spherium | Let's make Yugi's dream come (further) True! (4/?)

Dokutah

70tBzpS.png

An Archetype based on Spherium game (http://yugioh.wikia.com/wiki/Spherium) which by (semi) official lore described as an Award-winning, Hex-Tile Chess game made by Yugi Muto himself probably sometimes before the ending of DsoD Movie. granted for now is only a tiny description and a single concept art... so, is up to me to flesh-out the card version of the game by using several research upon game of similar nature (well, probably mostly based on Faeria: https://www.faeria.com/) and some of my personal flare~ .

So adopting these so called "Spherium Game rule" into our card game via Spherium card effect means either a lot of text on a single cards or separate cards each with 1 rule at the time that obviously not working in favor of the game unless you draw into it. so i will have to use the same draft mechanism as "Cast-Father" archetype i made in in the past (you can check the thread in my hidden sig) which basically each card has a built-in mandatory "rule" effect effect that applied as soon as the game begin

Spherium Paladin-Grandwork

DARK / Level 7 / Spellcaster / Effect

Once per turn, when a card or effect is activated while you control this Tribute Summoned card (Quick Effect): You can negate the activation. additionally, if that negated card is in the same or adjacent Columns as this card, Destroy it. If this card in your Possession during your 1st turn of the Duel: you can and must reveal this card from that Location; when this effect resolve, all monster in either player Possession gain this effect (even if the card is moved or Face down), also return this card to its original Location (if this card is returned to your deck, shuffle it). This effect cannot be Negated

● This card cannot attack during the turn this card is Summoned unless you Summon this card in the same Monster Zone as 1 of the Tribute or Material used to Summon this card

ATK 2900 / DEF 2400

Spherium Paladin-Greaterwork

DARK / Level 6 / Spellcaster / Effect

Once per turn, If a "Spherium" card(s) You control would be destroyed by by opponent's card effect: is not destroyed. and then, Immediately after this effect resolved: you can add 1 "Spherium" card with the same type (Monster, Spell, Trap) as that opponent card from your Deck to your hand. You can only activate this effect of "Spherium Paladin-Greaterwork" once per turn. If this card in your Possession during your 1st turn of the Duel: you can and must reveal this card from that Location; when this effect resolve, all monster in either player Possession gain this effect (even if the card is moved or Face down), also return this card to its original Location (if this card is returned to your deck, shuffle it). This effect cannot be Negated

● If this card battled a monster while there no Spell/Trap card in the same Column as the battled Monster: you can switch the ATK and DEF of the battled monster before the damage calculation.

ATK 2500 / DEF 2100

Spherium Paladin-Spellwork

DARK / Level 4 / Spellcaster / Effect

If a Card or Effect is activated in the same or adjacent columns as this card: You can discard 1 "Spherium" card; draw card(s) equal to the number of card(s) you opponent control in the same Column as this card +1 (Max 3).You can only activate this effect of "Spherium Paladin-Spellwork" once per turn. If this card in your Possession during your 1st turn of the Duel: you can and must reveal this card from that Location; when this effect resolve, all monster in either player Possession gain this effect (even if the card is moved or Face down), also return this card to its original Location (if this card is returned to your deck, shuffle it). This effect cannot be Negated

Once per turn, you can either move this card to an adjacent unoccupied Main Monster Zone OR Switch the Location of this card and adjacent "Spherium" monster you control

ATK 1500 / DEF 1400

Spherium Paladin-Swordwork

DARK / Level 3 / Spellcaster / Effect

If a Card or Effect is activated in the same or adjacent columns as this card: You can Shuffle "Spherium" card(s) in either player GY equal to the number of card(s) in the same Column as this card to its owner's deck. and then draw 2 card. You can only activate this effect of "Spherium Paladin-Swordwork" once per turn. If this card in your Possession during your 1st turn of the Duel: you can and must reveal this card from that Location; when this effect resolve, all "Spherium" monster in either player Possession gain this effect (even if the card is moved or Face down), also return this card to its original Location (if this card is returned to your deck, shuffle it). This effect cannot be Negated

"Spherium" Monster you control cannot be targeted by opponent's card effects. except from opponent's card(s) in the same or adjacent Columns as this card

ATK 1500 / DEF 1400

Spherium Globe

Field Spell

If this card is Activated: place 3 Spherium counter on this card. and then you can add 1 "Spherium" card from your deck to your hand. Monsters controlled by player that control a "Spherium" monster gain 400 ATK. once per turn. If this card in your Possession during your 1st turn of the Duel: you can and must reveal this card from that Location; when this effect resolve, all monster in either player Possession gain this effect (even if the card is moved or Face down), also return this card to its original Location (if this card is returned to your deck, shuffle it). This effect cannot be Negated

● When this card declares an attack: You can target 1 Spell/Trap Card your opponent controls in the same or adjacent column as this card; negate the attack, and if you do, destroy that card.

Spherium Interface

Continuous Spell

If this card is Activated: place 2 Spherium counter on this card and 1 Spherium counter on all other "Spherium" card you control. You can Normal Summon "Spherium" monster in addition to your Normal Summon/Set. once per turn.If this card in your Possession during your 1st turn of the Duel: you can and must reveal this card from that Location; when this effect resolve, all card in either player Possession gain this effect (even if the card is moved or Face down), also return this card to its original Location (if this card is returned to your deck, shuffle it). This effect cannot be Negated

● If this card would be destroyed by battle or Monster effect: you can remove 1 Spherium counter on this card, instead.

[spoiler=Design Notes]

being based on Hex-Chess game. the mechanism of moving piece is simulated using Senet Mechanic that also employ column interaction. of course unlike linear Senet to mimic all-around 360 degree movement of the game i choose to borrow a wider column interaction ala Weathery Archetype instead of Magibullets and the ability to essentially  "attack from behind" via Greaterwork. the bonus of reversing stat is meant to further encourage this nature in playing.

the soft-cannot attack clause on Grandwork's rule effect is based from my understanding upon concept art. it seems that  the needle piece is used as bases that you must put first before you can put or move your monster. so by giving the "summon sickness", those monster emulate perfectly the role of the needle pieces. this also meant to balance strong effect that i probably encourage as i grow the line-up further

as for non-rule effects for the first line up (the top 4 cards) i want to implement advantage building strategy first. that's why all cards other than Grandwork have some thing to do with draw and search effect to quickly overcome so many offsets that this archetype could inflict to its own player

Archived